Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! (4705 Views)

Why Theists And Deists Can't Tell Us "God Wasn't Created".. / Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Toyolad(m): 10:44am On Jul 05, 2016
There is no argument strong enough to totally eliminate the possibility of the existence of God.
No one know it all.
No one can explain reality.

And no argument is reasonable enough to prove that there is God.
As soon as you try, you instantly call yourself a fool.

This is obviously a battle ground for theists and atheists.
But someone is without this fight, the newly born. He doesn't have an idea of God not a reason to disagree with such an idea.
Though he'll later be forced into one party, he is yet free of the burden.
But this distinction is contestable. Such a person who neither believes in God nor in the non existence of God is only possible in philosophy. To the regular theist, 'you are either for us or against us', he is thus an atheist for them.
But within my context, such a view blessed with illiteracy. Since, just because there is no war doesn't mean there is peace.
But such a person, really is the natural man/woman. She is not yet corrupted with the burdens of fears or the so called realized freedom, nor is he any reason to like or hate some class of people.
Thus, atheism or theism are corruption to the natural / real man/woman.

Credit: White Cake

cc: Hardmirror
Damogul
winner01
felixomor
Johnydon22
KingEbukasblog
Rossikki
Seun
Natureboy91
Fynestboi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by checkolatunji: 10:56am On Jul 05, 2016
Isokay
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 05, 2016
Agnostics and their funny way of trying to fence without saying they are fencing......

gringringrin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by papinx(m): 11:03am On Jul 05, 2016
Agnostic
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by finalboss1(m): 11:11am On Jul 05, 2016
hmmm
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by winner01(m): 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
But atheists know it all undecided They know all reality undecided That's why they claim there is no God.
Don't fall for it when they include "until evidence is provided.". That addition has nothing to do with atheism, it is only added to make them sound reasonable.
Then they go on to spend their lives talking about God and religion. I like to think of them as angry-theists.

Most of those kinds of people who are "sincere" are agnostics at best. Except of course, you are sure of everything.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
Atheism = I dont know but its not God = close-mindedness

Agnosticism = I don't know , it could be God , it could anything = open-mindedness

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Richirich713: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
God exists cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 3:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
Agnotists are still better than aethists.
They are sincere enough to be open minded.
Many who are even agnotists think they are aethists,
And they dont know they are agnotists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by CoolUsername: 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2016
I think the reasoning is simple. Provide incontrovertible evidence that such an entity exists for me to believe.

Our knowledge about the universe places its age at about 14.6 billion years. We can estimate what it would have looked like up to about 10-43 seconds after the event. And everything from there can be explained through natural processes.

There is no evidence that a conscious being created the universe and disappeared so soon after. Also, the possibility is questionable. I ask how such a complex being could have come from nothing (we are yet to see evidence of consciousness in the absence of matter), when theists day out is impossible for a simple point of energy to come from nothing.

If this creative being is not conscious then why call it God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Busayorafael(m): 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Agnosticism = I don't know , it could be God , it could anything = open-mindedness
You jump at every opportunity to discredit atheism. Most of your comments I've read are rife with childish tantrums. You know not how to engage dissent. Do you feel threatened when someone disagrees with you?
And Moreover, how old are you?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
Busayorafael:

You jump at every opportunity to discredit atheism. Most of your comments I've read are rife with childish tantrums. You know not how to engage dissent. Do you feel threatened when someone disagrees with you?
And Moreover, how old are you?

Did I quote or mention your username undecided

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
CoolUsername:
Also, the possibility is questionable. I ask how such a complex being could have come from nothing

God is eternal . He has always existed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by onetrack(m): 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
felixomor:

I am agnostic atheist. I don't believe in any god but I cannot say there is not one.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by malvisguy212: 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
onetrack:

I am agnostic atheist. I don't believe in any god but I cannot say there is not one.
what's agnostic atheist ?
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Pr0ton: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
winner01:
But atheists know it all undecided They know all reality undecided That's why they claim there is no God.
Don't fall for it when they include "until evidence is provided.". That addition has nothing to do with atheism, it is only added to make them sound reasonable.
Then they go on to spend their lives talking about God and religion. I like to think of them as angry-theists.

Most of those kinds of people who are "sincere" are agnostics at best. Except of course, you are sure of everything.
KingEbukasBlog:

If a friend tells you a tree is right in front of your door and you go out to check it out and can't find one, then you can reasonably say there is no tree in front of your door.

If he says the tree is invincible or can't be perceived by any of your sense organs you are not wrong to call him stupid and feel right about your judgement. This is the stand of atheists.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Pr0ton: 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
Toyolad:
There is no argument strong enough to totally eliminate the possibility of the existence of God.
No one know it all.
No one can explain reality.

And no argument is reasonable enough to prove that there is God.
As soon as you try, you instantly call yourself a fool.

This is obviously a battle ground for theists and atheists.
But someone is without this fight, the newly born. He doesn't have an idea of God not a reason to disagree with such an idea.
Though he'll later be forced into one party, he is yet free of the burden.
But this distinction is contestable. Such a person who neither believes in God nor in the non existence of God is only possible in philosophy. To the regular theist, 'you are either for us or against us', he is thus an atheist for them.
But within my context, such a view blessed with illiteracy. Since, just because there is no war doesn't mean there is peace.
But such a person, really is the natural man/woman. She is not yet corrupted with the burdens of fears or the so called realized freedom, nor is he any reason to like or hate some class of people.
Thus, atheism or theism are corruption to the natural / real man/woman.

Credit: White Cake

cc: Hardmirror
Damogul
winner01
felixomor
Johnydon22
KingEbukasblog
Rossikki
Seun
Natureboy91
Fynestboi

One without knowledge of atheism or theism will be an atheist I.e a new born baby will grow up an atheist. Primitive humans knew nothing about religion, the corrupted idea came up later. Atheism is the natural way of thinking. It's the right path.

4 Likes

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 10:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
Pr0ton:

One without knowledge of atheism or theism will be an atheist I.e a new born baby will grow up an atheist. Primitive humans knew nothing about religion, the corrupted idea came up later. Atheism is the natural way of thinking. It's the right path.

There is no such thing as vacuum.
Where God is not present will soon be occupied by sonething else.
And all these people who were 'neutral" how where they living?
Moreover, please how did they now know what is good an bad?
Or are u trying to tell me that if u raise a new born baby in a jungle, wiithout any knowledge of anything like cave men, the person will grow up to be a normal person like u?

Interesting!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
Pr0ton:

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 06, 2016
Pr0ton:

If a friend tells you a tree is right in front of your door and you go out to check it out and can't find one, then you can reasonably say there is no tree in front of your door.

If he says the tree is invincible or can't be perceived by any of your sense organs you are not wrong to call him stupid and feel right about your judgement. This is the stand of atheists.
so when don't any tree, does it mean that at the time he told you about tree that there was no tree outside?
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by cloudgoddess(f): 7:25am On Jul 06, 2016
felixomor:
Or rather, you don't know the correct meaning of atheist or agnostic.

Atheism is a lack of belief in gods. Agnosticism is position which says that whether a god exists or not, can not be known for certain by human beings. A person can be both, and most atheists actually are both. I too am an agnostic atheist.

Even Richard Dawkins, one of the most active atheist speakers, puts himself at a 6 on a scale of 7, 7 being absolutely sure there is no god, and a 1 being absolutely sure there is. Both 1 and 7 are positions of Gnosticism - which no truly openminded person could take, and yet most theists do ("The existence of God is known, and I believe it exists" = gnostic theism).

I hope that helps clarify. The terms confused me too before I learned what they really meant.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 7:44am On Jul 06, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Atheism is a lack of belief in gods. Agnosticism is position which says that whether a god exists or not, can not be known for certain by human beings. A person can be both, and most atheists actually are both. I too am an agnostic atheist.

Even Richard Dawkins, one of the most active atheist speakers, puts himself at a 6 on a scale of 7, 7 being absolutely sure there is no god, and a 1 being absolutely sure there is. Both 1 and 7 are positions of Gnosticism - which no truly openminded person could take, and yet most theists do ("The existence of God is known, and I believe it exists" = gnostic theism).

I hope that helps clarify. The terms confused me too before I learned what they really meant.

thanks, i never tried definining them though. I only stated preference. period
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 06, 2016
cloudgoddess:

An Atheist is one believes that there is no god. Check any dictionary
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukaNaija: 8:16am On Jul 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin . These atheists reason with their anus grin
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:39am On Jul 06, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

grin grin grin . These atheists reason with their anus grin

Dem dey craze wella grin
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by ValentineMary(m): 9:41am On Jul 06, 2016
Atheism is the disbelief in God. That's the dictionary definition. But we can add one or two things to that definition according to experience can't we?
Most atheist go further to say that they don't believe in God but can't say for sure because they are not omniscient. That there might be a God but until it is proven, they don't subscribe to anyone. This is a stand most atheist take and it is called agnostic atheism.

But most theist would tell u that God exist beyond reasonable doubt but can't provide an evidence beyond reasonable doubt. These are gnostic atheist.

And OP I for one and most atheist I know would not go around telling their 3 year old kids that God those not exist else we would be making the same mistake of indoctrination that most theist make. Rather they teach them moral values based on societal conducts and if he/she eventually feels he has a need to believe in God, fine. We would not disown our child over beliefs just as theist do.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Freiburger(m): 10:29am On Jul 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Dem dey craze wella grin
Must you go insane just to promote your blog? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 06, 2016
Pr0ton:

U Day Mind Those Two Olodos??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 06, 2016
timonski:

Yeah Dictionary Written By Who?? Atheist??

1 Like

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by CoolUsername: 12:31pm On Jul 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God is eternal . He has always existed

Where's your evidence?

On the other hand it is possible to say that energy is in fact eternal since it cannot be created or destroyed as far as we know.

1 Like

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
CoolUsername:

Where's your evidence?

This has nothing to do with evidence . You thought God came from nothing , and I corrected you .

On the other hand it is possible to say that energy is in fact eternal since it cannot be created or destroyed as far as we know.

Energy , consciousness , morality , intelligence - all these are possible because God exists . This should help you understand -> https://www.nairaland.com/2973792/atheism-dead-logic-god-everything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by cloudgoddess(f): 12:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
timonski:

The first two google searches that came up:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

End-time Study: Positioning Yourself For The Moves Of God In 2016 / Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen / Old Testament Sacrifices With New Testament Typologies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.