Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here (9050 Views)

Why Theists And Deists Can't Tell Us "God Wasn't Created".. / Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? / To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hey guys I am officially starting a thread to call all theists and atheists together for a peaceful debate. It is important to note that insults are not allowed but to atheists, skepticicms/refutations/criticism is allowed. To theists, take time to explain and not aggresively. Also, scare tactics and threats are not allowed on the part of theists. Unnecessary rantings and flare-ups are not allowed. Please keep this thread alive and to my atheist friends, time to let it all out, ask whatever questions you wanna ask and we theists, if not I alone will gladly answer.........

Let the discussion begin.

Cc Scholar8200 truthman2012 malvisguy212 KingEbukaNaija analice107 lexiconkabir Ifeann Muafrika2 and other theists.

johnydon22 cloudgoddess lepasharon HardMirror hahn ifenes sonofLucifer captainnigeria donnffd dalaman LordCenturion urahara davien Valentinemary sweetcocoa K9blunt Kay17 plaetton geoworldedu Weah96 Lilbrown007 et all.

Let us begin in peaceful terms and let us conclude peacefully, that is if there is gonna be a conclusion.

Let the questions roll in.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by hturb(m): 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
I'm willing to answer any athiest logically..Gods the God I serve yahweh is logical.. U can see the proof all around u.

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by rawgame(m): 1:55am On Jun 18, 2016
Please my questions will be a little bit science inclined. Questions to Atheists:

A. Does this make sense to you?
EVERYTHING= NOBODY + NOTHING

B. Mathematics is a perfect science and the foundation of Einstein’s Theory of Relativity, which provided proof that the universe and time itself had a beginning. Since nothing comes from nothing, what option does that leave us?

C. Einstein also discovered that we live in a world of time, space and matter. How did the bible get this right? In Gen. 1:1

In the beginning (time), God created (energy) the heavens (space) and the earth (matter).

That scripture also incorporates a three-dimensional world. Which was later stipulated by Einstein as time space and matter. How did the author of the bible get that right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 18, 2016
Why is "something coming from nothing" regarded as ludicrous by theists since by definition, God came in the same way....

Why does Religion promote misunderstanding??

11 Likes

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by matrix199(m): 5:03am On Jun 18, 2016
If man was actually made in God's image, why the heck does man bear resemblance with apes(the chimp, the utang, the rilla) ?

2 Likes

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Weah96: 5:47am On Jun 18, 2016
hturb:
I'm willing to answer any athiest logically..Gods the God I serve yahweh is logical.. U can see the proof all around u.

You must be willing to provide an Elijah type demonstration to prove your point. Elijah arrived at an impasse with the prophets of Baal and challenged them all to provide proof of their god Baal.

However, if there happens to be a revelation in the Bible which compels an open minded person to accept that the knowledge necessarily came from an omnipotent talking being, feel free to submit that as evidence.

What I mean is that, a talking Creator of everything would have anticipated skepticism and made arrangements to dispel those doubts in the writings.

For example, Olumba Olumba claims to have created everything, the entire universe. Your natural instinct upon hearing his case is to exercise doubt or skepticism. Why do you doubt the divinity of Olumba Olumba? Well, he hasn't said anything new, or put on a big enough demonstration, to deserve acknowledgement.
Yahweh faces the same burden as Olumba Olumba.

3 Likes

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Weah96: 5:57am On Jun 18, 2016
I would like to use this opportunity to query all the aforementioned atheists about their position on the origin of our present universe.
I made a claim to winner01 in another thread that just about every human accepts the idea that the universe originated out of something. In other words, even those who espouse the notion of a spontaneous genesis from nothing, still accept the fact that the nothing in question was an unknown something or preexisting material.
What do you all think? Does anyone here believe that the universe did not have a source or a point of origin?

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Elthugnificent(m): 6:26am On Jun 18, 2016
Wow, had this idea for like ages but due to time constraint couldn't bring it to reality.

Thanks op for this, it really makes sense. After watching countless religion debate on youtube I believe something similar is needed hear, we have a lot of brilliant people here.

But my suggestion is that it shouldn't be an "all in it" debate I.e everyone bringing up questions and refutals everywhere hence making it hard for the reading to follow.

It should be an head to head or worst case two against two, with a topic to discuss. For instance, does God exist? Has science buried God? Can morals be really derived from religion?

They could argue there case in the form of questions to each other or just drop an essay within intervals in respond to what the other person said. After which the Audience are allow to ask questions to any of the debater.

what do you think?
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Elthugnificent(m): 6:37am On Jun 18, 2016
For instance something like;

johnydon22 Vs Scholar8200 (winnie01)

KingEbukaNaija Vs HardMirror

sonofLucifer Vs Sukkot

Now that will be something anybody can afford to miss.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Richirich713: 7:05am On Jun 18, 2016
matrix199:
If man was actually made in God's image, why the heck does man bear resemblance with apes(the chimp, the utang, the rilla) ?

Cuz image of God is not about our appearance, it's more about God calling us to represent him.

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by matrix199(m): 7:36am On Jun 18, 2016
Richirich713:

Cuz image of God is not about our appearance, it's more about God calling us to represent him.

Why not just check the meaning of 'image' in the dictionary, then come back to edit your post.

You misconstrued 'image' for 'likeness'
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by HardMirror(m): 7:39am On Jun 18, 2016
Elthugnificent:
For instance something like;
johnydon22 Vs Scholar8200 (winnie01)
KingEbukaNaija Vs HardMirror
sonofLucifer Vs Sukkot
Now that will be something anybody can afford to miss.
Can't afford to miss you mean.
Get the ball rolling
kingebukablog I know, but who is kingebukanaija by the way?
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by HardMirror(m): 7:44am On Jun 18, 2016
lordnicklaus:
Hey guys I am officially starting a thread to call all theists and atheists together for a peaceful debate. It is important to note that insults are not allowed but to atheists, skepticicms/refutations/criticism is allowed. To theists, take time to explain and not aggresively. Also, scare tactics and threats are not allowed on the part of theists. Unnecessary rantings and flare-ups are not allowed. Please keep this thread alive and to my atheist friends, time to let it all out, ask whatever questions you wanna ask and we theists, if not I alone will gladly answer.........

Let the discussion begin.

Cc Scholar8200 truthman2012 malvisguy212 KingEbukaNaija analice107 lexiconkabir Ifeann Muafrika2 and other theists.

johnydon22 cloudgoddess lepasharon HardMirror hahn ifenes sonofLucifer captainnigeria donnffd dalaman LordCenturion urahara davien Valentinemary sweetcocoa K9blunt Kay17 plaetton geoworldedu Weah96 Lilbrown007 et all.

Let us begin in peaceful terms and let us conclude peacefully, that is if there is gonna be a conclusion.

Let the questions roll in.
There can never be a conclusion. All we can do is provide information for the readers to make individual decisions (which could be wrong).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Richirich713: 7:44am On Jun 18, 2016
matrix199:

Why not just check the meaning of 'image' in the dictionary, then come back to edit your post.

You misconstrued 'image' for 'likeness'

No need for English dictionaries, rather just read old testament scholars.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Elthugnificent(m): 7:49am On Jun 18, 2016
HardMirror:

Get the ball rolling

I meant can't, thanks.

Kingebukablog and kingebukanaija me thought they are one and the same. Well if not, I was referring to the one you knew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by KingEbukaNaija: 7:55am On Jun 18, 2016
I don't think there'd ever be a consensus , always an impasse . Wisdom , logic and reason from God will always prevail over foolishness anyway

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 18, 2016
HardMirror:

Get the ball rolling

Same troll.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by DeSepiero(m): 8:29am On Jun 18, 2016
Both theists and atheists, to some extent are biased and close-minded in their opinions about Gods existence.

The 2nd big question is "what existed before anything else existed and how did it come to existence?"

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by urahara(m): 8:37am On Jun 18, 2016
HardMirror:

Get the ball rolling

Baba , they are one and the same
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by johnydon22(m): 9:00am On Jun 18, 2016
DeSepiero:
Both theists and atheists, to some extent are biased and close-minded in their opinions about Gods existence.

The 2nd big question is "what existed before anything else existed and how did it come to existence?"

It's an inconclusive argument always has been..

If one says 'God created the universe' to fill the gap of ignorance on universal causality then God here becomes the subject.

who created God?

if then you say God is 'eternal' in order to save a step and cut the enquiry at that point.

then what was the need in the first place of invoking God for the universe, we could have simply then saved that step and said the 'universe is eternal' and the case it closed.

this is a speculative argument because the premise being dragged is somewhere nobody really knows yet.

thats the plain truth, no one knows and the problem here is the inability for people to agree I don't know rather than aiming to fill that gap of ignorance with 'gut feelings'

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by johnydon22(m): 9:04am On Jun 18, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
I don't think there'd ever be a consensus , always an impasse . Wisdom , logic and reason from God will always prevail over foolishness anyway

lordnicklaus is this the peaceful discussion you want to get, first page and invectives are already being used to be followed shortly by trolling.

I opened a thread in the science section 'Cosmological and Philosophical forum' we argued over many things and ever touched the God aspect of it and nobody ever insulted or used harsh words.

it was a very sound and enlightening debate much respect to my brother Dorox.

the point here is, its not about opening the thread it's about the caliber of people in i
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by DeSepiero(m): 9:06am On Jun 18, 2016
johnydon22:

It's an inconclusive argument always has been..

If one says 'God created the universe' to fill the gap of ignorance on universal causality then God here becomes the subject.

who created God?

if then you say God is 'eternal' in order to save a step and cut the enquiry at that point.

then what was the need in the first place of invoking God for the universe, we could have simply then saved that step and said the 'universe is eternal' and the case it closed.

this is a speculative argument because the premise being dragged is somewhere nobody really knows yet.

thats the plain truth, no one knows and the problem here is the inability for people to agree I don't know rather than aiming to fill that gap of ignorance with 'gut feelings'

Well said. The argument remains inconclusive. Meanwhile, we could argue and debunk the authenticity of a human proof (Bible) of the existence of a God and the origin of all things.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by johnydon22(m): 9:14am On Jun 18, 2016
DeSepiero:

Well said. The argument remains inconclusive. Meanwhile, we could argue and debunk the authenticity of a human proof (Bible) of the existence of a God and the origin of all things.

the bible, quran, veda, enuma elish religious codecs are not the proofs whose authenticity needs to be debunked.

these in fact are the claims.

I use these religious texts in my work 'Songs of the world' there are just piece of human enquiry so deserves as much respect.

The only problem is when one tries to make them a literal absolute truth knowing fully well how limited these ancient men were.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by ValentineMary(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2016
My battery is low now. Would comment later.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by DeSepiero(m): 9:26am On Jun 18, 2016
johnydon22:

the bible, quran, veda, enuma elish religious codecs are not the proofs whose authenticity needs to be debunked.

these in fact are the claims.

I use these religious texts in my work 'Songs of the world' there are just piece of human enquiry so deserves as much respect.

The only problem is when one tries to make them a literal absolute truth knowing fully well how limited these ancient men were.

The theist or deist won't debate without citing a religious text as proof or reference. So what's the point, it's more or less their proof.

I get your point perfectly well anyway.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 18, 2016
johnydon22:

lordnicklaus is this the peaceful discussion you want to get, first page and invectives are already being used to be followed shortly by trolling.

I opened a thread in the science section 'Cosmological and Philosophical forum' we argued over many things and ever touched the God aspect of it and nobody ever insulted or used harsh words.

it was a very sound and enlightening de
bate much respect to my brother Dorox.

the point here is, its not about opening the thread it's about the caliber of people in i
Okay friend. I think I am gonna contribute to your thread.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by sweetcocoa(f): 9:38am On Jun 18, 2016
Tbh, these days I'm too lazy to go back and forth endlessly(its honestly pointless after all said), doesn't mean it won't happen sha but to take it so seriously is a waste of time.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 18, 2016
Weah96:

You must be willing to provide an Elijah type demonstration to prove your point. Elijah arrived at an impasse with the prophets of Baal and challenged them all to provide proof of their god Baal.

However, if there happens to be a revelation in the Bible which compels an open minded person to accept that the knowledge necessarily came from an omnipotent talking being, feel free to submit that as evidence.

What I mean is that, a talking Creator of everything would have anticipated skepticism and made arrangements to dispel those doubts in the writings.

For example, Olumba Olumba claims to have created everything, the entire universe. Your natural instinct upon hearing his case is to exercise doubt or skepticism. Why do you doubt the divinity of Olumba Olumba? Well, he hasn't said anything new, or put on a big enough demonstration, to deserve acknowledgement.

Hey bro, it is surprising that you also know of Olumba Olumba. I once stayed with one of his followers. You wouldn't believe it when I say I saw magic happen right before me.

It's an occult religion though.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by hturb(m): 9:58am On Jun 18, 2016
Weah96:

thanks for ur beutiful writeup,the truth of the matter is there will always b agnostics and athiest,even when elijah sent down fire to consume d prophets of baal,pipo still went on serving oda gods,thee isrealites heard God talk on mouth sinai,yeshua did lots of miracles still there will always be doubts...and its normal,one way or the oda pipo always need a higher being wen faced with trouble,put an athiest on a sickbed with cancer and say my yeshua of nazareth can save u..all of a sudden he has no choice,let ur god save me if he can.even in the story of jonah,those in d ship said call on ur god let's see if he can save us...I knw they wld hav been athiest and agnostics in that boat...the fact that you can't see or touch air doesn't mean there is no air...scientists believe the whole world began frm one giant burst of explosion,this is the stupidest tin I've heard eva...ok try this pick a box of pins a throw them all ova ur room,I give u less than a week b4 I hear a sad story,the lion sees an antelope and knws this is food,elephants see an antlope and say dis is friend,birds see wings and knw they can fly..the sun is in d best distance frm the earth,the sun knws its for day,the moon cums to us by nite..mosquitoes knw they need blood for reproduction...hw can everytin knw wat to do if sum1 didn't put them together,u don't just bring metals,leather,rubber,fuel,water throw them in one place and they all by themselves turn into a car??...what rubbish...the most annoying tin is hearing I evolved frm a monkey,thanks all !!! According to darwins theory we evolved over time,I am stll waiting to hear an animal that has changed into another animal,there are billions of fossils that have ben discovred alas they've still not found any fossil that has transitioned into another specie..I'll stop here,hope to hear ur own point of views
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by dblackninja: 10:11am On Jun 18, 2016
HardMirror:

Get the ball rolling

Both are the same one and only troll grin
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by dblackninja: 10:19am On Jun 18, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Hey bro, it is surprising that you also know of Olumba Olumba. I once stayed with one of his followers. You wouldn't believe it when I say I saw magic happen right before me.

It's an occult religion though.
Really lord? Please narrate further, I love magic.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 18, 2016
dblackninja:

Really lord? Please narrate further, I love magic.
Yea bro! I mean, na so Olumba picture go dey shine and the eyes go dey move for the picture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eckanker And Soul Travel / Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin / The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.