Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,286 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman (1844 Views)

Melaye Prepares Cyberstalling Case Against Sahara Reporters, Publisher In NY / Police Arrests Omoyele Sowore, Sahara Reporters’ Publisher (Photo) / NDIMRC Condemns Removal Of Kachikwu's As Nnpc's GMD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by emmyluizzz: 10:52am On Jul 05, 2016
President Buhari yesterday approved the appointment of Ibe Kachikwu as Chairman of NNPC and Maikanti Kacalla Baru as Group Managing Director of the oil corporation.

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by HungerBAD: 10:54am On Jul 05, 2016
Dumb question.

He is the Chairman of the Board,and there is no basis for the comparison between the PTA and this scenario.

If somebody from the Northern extraction had been put there,the Reuben Abati wannabe of all Junk Journalism, would have started shouting he wants to Islamasize the NNPC.

6 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by oduastates: 11:27am On Jul 05, 2016
Chief of defense staff vs Chief of army staff.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by vedaxcool(m): 11:44am On Jul 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
Dumb question.

He is the Chairman of the Board,and there is no basis for the comparison between the PTA and this scenario.

If somebody from the Northern extraction had been put there,the Reuben Abati wannabe of all Junk Journalism, would have started shouting he wants to Islamasize the NNPC.

No basis of comparison at all. False equivalence. If not how was Madueke able to wield so much power as minister? His position as minister will create the necessary balance of power to check mate activities in the NNPC.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by Grundig: 11:51am On Jul 05, 2016
The comparison between PTA chairman and NNPC board chairman is mind boggling. There's absolutely no grounds for comparison at all.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by modath(f): 11:55am On Jul 05, 2016
oduastates:
Chief of defense staff vs Chief of army staff.

GBAM ..... Just like the hair and the neck, both are in the vicinity of the head but one is for mere aesthetics, the other is functional....

I expect him to resign any moment from now...

@ Vedaxcool,

He is minister of state, he has as much power as whoever Fashola's minister II is, i don't even know who it is, that shows how much "power" the person has!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
In a proper organisation setting, the chairman of the board is much more powerful than the CEO though their roles are very different. Chairmen tend to be the real owners of the business but are not actively involved in running it.

The CEO is the one responsible for running the company and usually reports to the chairman.

So comparing chairman of a company to PTA chairman is completely nonsensical.

3 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by vedaxcool(m): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
modath:

GBAM ..... Just like the hair and the neck, both are in the vicinity of the head but one is for mere aesthetics, the other is functional....

I expect him to resign any moment from now...

@ Vedaxcool,

He is minister of state, he has as much power as whoever Fashola's minister II is, i don't even know who it is, that shows how much "power" the person has!! cheesy

You fall into the same mistake sahara reporters oga fell into... false equivalence ...is it not puzzling you know the minister of state of petroleum but happen not to know fashola number 2s? It is clearly wrong for one man to hold both the position of a policy maker/ executioner. .. there might be imbalances due to lack of check and balance it is the boss of FIRS doubling as minister of finance.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by modath(f): 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
vedaxcool:

You fall into the same mistake sahara reporters oga fell into... false equivalence ...is it not puzzling you know the minister of state of petroleum but happen not to know fashola number 2s? It is clearly wrong for one man to hold both the position of a policy maker/ executioner. .. there might be imbalances due to lack of check and balance it is the boss of FIRS doubling as minister of finance.

You are trying so hard to preach to the choir!! cheesy cheesy

Minister II is just a space filler , why do you think Hadi Sirika is feeling aggrieved shortchanged? Find out for yourself....

What's puzzling about knowing Kachikwu? Who doesn't know him? Does not knowing who Fashola's no 2 is remove anything from me? Does whoever it is have any operational control over anything? Without consulting Google i bet you can't name who the minister of water resources or minister II of education is.......

How many times would the board sit in a month? Can Kachikwu make a decision unilaterally? Abeg, i may be partisan but i didn't exchange my objectivity for being politically correct... thank you.

I repeat, I EXPECT HIM TO RESIGN... Chikena...
Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
Sowore got this right. It was a subtle demotion. Buhari was just too clever by half by making him the Chairman of NNPC. It doesn't really take much brain to see through this disingenuous facade.
Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by vedaxcool(m): 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
modath:

You are trying so hard to preach to the choir!! cheesy cheesy

Minister II is just a space filler , why do you think Hadi Sirika is feeling aggrieved shortchanged? Find out for yourself....

What's puzzling about knowing Kachikwu? Who doesn't know him? Does not knowing who Fashola's no 2 is remove anything from me? Does whoever it is have any operational control over anything? Without consulting Google i bet you can't name who the minister of water resources or minister II of education is.......

How many times would the board sit in a month? Can Kachikwu make a decision unilaterally? Abeg, i may be partisan but i didn't exchange my objectivity for being politically correct... thank you.

I repeat, I EXPECT HIM TO RESIGN... Chikena...

It is not about who doesn't know this kachikwu it is why does everyone know him and not other minister of state. There is nothing objective in insisting a minister occupies both his position as a policy maker and an executioner it simply doesn't maks sense. But you are free to your opinion and form of objectivity. He is free to resign... governace can not be done on his terms but standard practice that ensures accountability and balance of power.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by 989900: 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
Sowore got this all wrong. Totally wrong analogy . . . Kachikwu plays a dual role here.

Diezani was chairman of the board too, traditionally, the fed. minister chairs the board. That goes to emphasize that Kachikwu runs things, while PMB is the figure head minister here.

There is no way you can be the GMD, Chairman of the board, and the minister at the same time; c'mon, unless PMB would have to assume the chairman of the board role.

I think the president has made the best decision here, and this goes further to re-emphasize Kachikwu's 'boss role' in the industry.

In my books, in just this 1 year, Kachikwu has been the shinning star of this administration, arguably our best petroleum minister in a long while. Practically, duty-wise, until this re-shuffle, he has been the Fed.min. and state min. of petroleum, GMD, and chairman so to speak.

Give him a break, he still has to put in shift for both ministerial roles (PMB is just a gate keeper here) and chairmanship of the board.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by modath(f): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
bejeiodus:
Sowore got this right. It was a subtle demotion. Buhari was just too clever by half by making him the Chairman of NNPC. It doesn't really take much brain to see through this disingenuous facade.

Abi ooo, some are viewing only through the principle of checks and balances, not the fact that he neither has no power nor authority.

He defers to Bubu in their "ministry" and his job function as board chair does precludes micro managing NNPC's day to day activities.

What people assumed as combining min of state with GMD was a ruse because he couldn't wield absolute authority like Diezani was able to...

Et tu? grin

Can you be specific about his "boss roles" and also be explicit about how Kachikwu will "run" those tinz.. clear and concise..I wan learn, tenks *in my Ibadan accent* smiley

Mynd44, lalasticlala, FP Pls.. diverse opinions and broader perspectives. Thx.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by 989900: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
modath:

Abi ooo, some are viewing only through the principle of checks and balances, not the fact that he neither has no power nor authority.

He defers to Bubu in their "ministry" and his job function as board chair does precludes micro managing NNPC's day to day activities.

What people assumed as combining min of state with GMD was a ruse because he couldn't wield absolute authority like Diezani was able to...

Et tu? grin

Can you be specific about his "boss roles" and also be explicit about how Kachikwu will "run" those tinz.. clear and concise..I wan learn, tenks *in my Ibadan accent* smiley

Mynd44, lalasticlala, FP Pls.. diverse opinions and broader perspectives. Thx.

I already explained all that Mo', nothing to add, nothing to take away.

It was a good decision.

BTW, there is nothing like 'absolute authority', that totally is non-existent anywhere, especially not under PMB. Even the CBN governor does not enjoy that.

Diezani did all she did (like a goddess, like invincible) under the patronage of 'le boss', 'el-clueless'.

And coming from where we were, checks and balances win, that was why we voted the disciplinarian. After the foundation is laid, we can now build on it going forward.

Kachikwu is so good today; he might turn corrupt tomorrow, that can happen to anybody -- PMB inclusive, that is why checks and balances towers above all, goodwill and dexterity inclusive.

3 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by theV0ice: 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
989900:

I already explained all that Mo', nothing to add, nothing to take away.

It was a good decision.

BTW, there is nothing like 'absolute authority', that totally is non-existent anywhere, especially not under PMB. Even the CBN governor does not enjoy that.

Diezani did all she did (like a goddess, like invincible) under the patronage of 'le boss', 'el-clueless'.

And coming from where we were, checks and balances win, that was why we voted the disciplinarian. After the foundation is laid, we can now build on it going forward.

Kachikwu is so good today; he might turn corrupt tomorrow, that can happen to anybody -- PMB inclusive, that is why checks and balances towers above all, goodwill and dexterity inclusive.

I have no problem with Kachikwu being removed as GMD. It was never the correct option being made minister of state, petroleum and GMD at the same time. What I have a problem with is maikanti baru taking over as GMD of NNPC!!

Are there no persons qualified among the urhobos, isokos, itshekiris, ibibios, ogonis or other tribes in the Niger Delta to be GMD? How insensitive can my dear Daura mallam be? What is a Yoruba man (Akintelure) doing there when an Urhobo man isn't there? What is the lazy, sloppy and greedy Abba kyari doing there? How effective has he been as chief of staff? Other than courting one scandal after another?

What rubbish composition is that board? How do we argue with the rabble rouser called ankio Briggs who was obviously dumb all through the years of GEJ presidency? If she wasn't right before, now she is courtesy of this unconscionable board.

Avengers or not, I'll prefer all members of the board being from the Niger Delta than this nonsense. No matter what we say, its their oyel damnit!!

I hear maikanti Batu is qualified but so is Dr Owei, Henry Boyo, Dr Egbert Imomoh and a host of other Niger Deltans. These times are sensitive and we can only pretend for so long. A Yoruba proverb says "somebody we wish to set on fire has made our job easier by rubbing himself all over with palm oil". Buhari just legitimized the avengers, terminators or whatever fancy names they adopt.

The truth is that someone else other than Kachikwu should have been made minister of state. The guy was tailor made for GMD! His 'upgrade' is a gross disservice to Nigeria. PENGASSAN with their tantrums too didn't help matters. What did they want from Kachikwu? Is it baru that'll perform magic?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by attacker321: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
vedaxcool, you and omenka/progressive01 should learn from Beremx & Modath. These guys are APC supporters yet objective in their thinking. All this your zombie style sai baba mentallity will take you nowhere.

Beremx & Modath have come to earn respect both ways.
Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by vedaxcool(m): 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
[s]
attacker321:
vedaxcool, you and omenka/progressive01 should learn from Beremx & Modath. These guys are APC supporters yet objective in their thinking. All this your zombie style sai baba mentallity will take you nowhere.

Beremx & Modath have come to earn respect both ways.
[/s]

It is unfortunate you should for 1 second conceive I desire to earn the respect of an unknown quantity shamelessly defending corruption in the service of looters who never put a thought that you exist.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by attacker321: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

It is unfortunate you should for 1 second conceive I desire to earn the respect of an unknown quantity shamelessly defending corruption in the service of looters who never put a thought that you exist.

Lmaooo.

You sound pained and frustrated.

The fact is that Modath is head and shoulders above you in every way. You are not fit to iron his cloths, lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by vedaxcool(m): 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
[s]
attacker321:

Lmaooo.

You sound pained and frustrated.

The fact is that Modath is head and shoulders above you in every way. You are not fit to iron his cloths, lol.
[/s]

I heard of tears of joy not laughter of sadness. .. haha hahaha grin grin keep grieving aimlessly

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by 989900: 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
theV0ice:

I have no problem with Kachikwu being removed as GMD. It was never the correct option being made minister of state, petroleum and GMD at the same time. What I have a problem with is maikanti baru taking over as GMD of NNPC!!

Are there no persons qualified among the urhobos, isokos, itshekiris, ibibios, ogonis or other tribes in the Niger Delta to be GMD? How insensitive can my dear Daura mallam be? What is a Yoruba man (Akintelure) doing there when an Urhobo man isn't there? What is the lazy, sloppy and greedy Abba kyari doing there? How effective has he been as chief of staff? Other than courting one scandal after another?

What rubbish composition is that board? How do we argue with the rabble rouser called ankio Briggs who was obviously dumb all through the years of GEJ presidency? If she wasn't right before, now she is courtesy of this unconscionable board.

Avengers or not, I'll prefer all members of the board being from the Niger Delta than this nonsense. No matter what we say, its their oyel damnit!!

I hear maikanti Batu is qualified but so is Dr Owei, Henry Boyo, Dr Egbert Imomoh and a host of other Niger Deltans. These times are sensitive and we can only pretend for so long. A Yoruba proverb says "somebody we wish to set on fire has made our job easier by rubbing himself all over with palm oil". Buhari just legitimized the avengers, terminators or whatever fancy names they adopt.

The truth is that someone else other than Kachikwu should have been made minister of state. The guy was tailor made for GMD! His 'upgrade' is a gross disservice to Nigeria. PENGASSAN with their tantrums too didn't help matters. What did they want from Kachikwu? Is it baru that'll perform magic?

At 5:4 it is averagely fair, though I would have preferred a situation whereby the appointments are skewed in the favor of those communities that own the oil too, if alone for sentiments alone in this fragile times. And, Abba Kyari, I don't get . . .

Kachikwu and his vision will be fine, it all depends on Buhari . . . if he (Buhari) lets his kinsmen play their usual games, then everything Kachikwu has been building will come to nought.
Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by theV0ice: 5:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
989900:

At 5:4 it is averagely fair, though I would have preferred a situation whereby the appointments are skewed in the favor of those communities that own the oil too, if alone for sentiments alone in this fragile times. And, Abba Kyari, I don't get . . .

Kachikwu and his vision will be fine, it all depends on Buhari . . . if he lets his kinsmen play their usual games, then everything Kachikwu has been building will come to nought.

A Niger Deltan should have been made GMD irrespective of Kachikwu still being the minister of state!
Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by 989900: 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
theV0ice:

A Niger Deltan should have been made GMD irrespective of Kachikwu still being the minister of state!

No doubt, that would have bought some good chunk of goodwill for the President from that axis -- he squandered that . . . I guess he is always thinking people not stealing above other things, which comes off as redundant in this scenario. I don't know who/what informs his decisions about these things, maybe Kyari.
undecided
Re: Sahara Reporters Publisher Thinks Of Kachikwu's Promotion As NNPC Chairman by MurderX: 6:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
You need to work in NNPC or the IOCs to know the powers of the GMD vs. the Board Chairman. Vice Chancellor vs. Chancellor is the closest comparison. I didnt even know who my Chancellor was.

Let's call this a checkmate - PMB checks Kach from top, Baru checks Kach from beneath, bros is finished - do the needful and take a bow.

(1) (Reply)

History Is About To Repeat Itself In Nigeria. / Team Buhari Vs Team Gej. Hailing Hailers Vs Wailing Wailers. / Tears Flow As Stella Oduah And Family Hold Requiem Mass For Late Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.