Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? - Science/Technology (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? (65716 Views)

A Critical Look At Extraterrestrials, Jinns And Science. / 25 Facts/ Thoughts About Ufos & Aliens / Facts: Lets Talk About Global Warming/climate Change. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by menxer: 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
vincentico:
but surely they can't all have the same aim and philosophy
we assume that there are more intelligent alien spices probably from different planets and galaxy if one of them chose to stay and associate with humans the others cannot possibly share the same views
with all their advance techs why not dominate us? how can communication be even possible? we humans speak over a thousand languages, and the question of what sizes they came in and a whole lot of others baffles me alot if indeed they came and are living among us.

I never said they all shared the same views, else the malevolent modifications of human DNA wouldn't have happened in the first place (recall the Tower of Babel Bible story).

Universal communication would be possible as humans get a better understanding of DNA.

How do you know you are free?
And who grants you that freedom?

Sure, you are free to roam on earth. grin
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by dboss444: 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
vincentico:

I also wonder if they ever made contact with Africans i. e we Negroes in the past
if they didn't maybe that will explain why we are so backward when it comes to hi tech

They made very much contact with africans of past, hv u ever wondered y d british never return most of our excavations eg igbo ukwu, those things contain writing and symbol of ancient knowledge, whn thrustaw shaw excavated igbo ukwu the queen threatened him to destroy evrytin u nd I dnt knw y
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by dboss444: 4:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
vincentico:

I also wonder if they ever made contact with Africans i. e we Negroes in the past
if they didn't maybe that will explain why we are so backward when it comes to hi tech

They made very much contact with africans of past, hv u ever wondered y d british never return most of our excavations eg igbo ukwu, those things contain writing and symbol of ancient knowledge, whn thrustaw shaw excavated igbo ukwu the queen of england threatened him to destroy evrytin u nd I dnt knw y

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by iamord(m): 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
When you carry a cup of and scoop some water from the sea and you don't see a fish in the cup.. Does it mean there is no fish in the sea?? The water in the cup is just a pint in out universe. There are numerous of planets, universe, black holes.. Bigger suns a thousand times bigger than earth. So it's evident that will still got alot to know and find out. Probably our technology is not advance enough or the ones around operate on a high dimension. But with time and thorough work. We will find out

5 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by vincentico(m): 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
dboss444:

They made very much contact with africans of past, hv u ever wondered y d british never return most of our excavations eg igbo ukwu, those things contain writing and symbol of ancient knowledge, whn thrustaw shaw excavated igbo ukwu the queen of england threatened him to destroy evrytin u nd I dnt knw y
I still think they should have left more evidence of their visit and why is it the other way round if they visited Africa why are we not as advance as the west why is there such a huge gap in our technology
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by vincentico(m): 4:35pm On Jul 09, 2016
menxer:

How do you know you are free?
And who grants you that freedom?

Sure, you are free to roam on earth. grin
lol... all these big talks the very government with these information are humans as well as their staff surely the Secret can't stay hidden for long
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by mikejegede(m): 4:40pm On Jul 09, 2016
Explorers:

Area 51.
my mistake.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by iamord(m): 5:04pm On Jul 09, 2016
bluaero:
If were are ever visited by beings from another planet, that would be the end of mankind as we know it. Any form of intelligence that successfully visits us (especially from another solar system) would be thousands of years ahead of us in terms of technology.

To make it simple, what would happen if a group of human soldiers enter a room full of cockroaches?

1. Will they look for the leader of the cockroaches to discuss with him?
2. Will they decide to teach the cockroaches their ways of life and technology?
3. Or will they simply eliminate ALL the cockroaches and use the room for themselves?

The correct answer to the question is what will happen to humanity if we are visited by any intelligent alien life form.
I beg to disagree. We tend to cut out own forms of aliens in our minds as horrible and strong and also by what Hollywood shoes us.. However. The word alien could come in any form. Energy.. Sound.. Cartoon form.. Etc. The gave that there are new planets being created shoes that there will also be lower races in existence still pondering on what we humans have done and dusted millions of years ago.... BTW.. I believe the sea holds lots of information and could even house some aliens
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by menxer: 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
vincentico:
lol... all these big talks the very government with these information are humans as well as their staff surely the Secret can't stay hidden for long

Yes, if crawl the dark side of the Internet info do get out, but mostly declassified stuff.
I bet some have lost their lives trying to or after getting classified info out.

Government is controlled by humans who are controlled by other humans.... till it gets to a non human.

Ask yourself, why do humans go to war with each other, where did we get the concept of war from?

Who planted the idea of a holocaust in the minds of the Nazis?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by iamord(m): 5:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
omojeesu:

Real. Very real!!

They are demons and fallen angels.

TTheir activities will increase till Jesus comes.

of course.. They all had to be categorised S demons and fallen angels cos the truth will shatter the beliefs of ancient religions. Not all are demons. Planets are being created everyday. Life is bearing fruits. And the universe still expanding. Am sure some other races have been told similar lies like us here
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2016
I have learnt a lot on this thread such that I don't even know what to say again. I personally believe there is a designer - call him God, Allah,Yahwe, or whatever you like, that is responsible for all these amazing and highly complex creations. We should seek him for us to understand the mysteries and complexities surrounding our world,universe,Ufo and what have you. All the aforementioned do not just exist on their own; they were created by this DESIGNER.

No matter the level technological advancement now or in the future,we can never know more than this DESIGNER wants us to know! He is the greatest scientist. The greatest invention on Earth is Man! Who created Man? Everything this DESIGNER has created is perfect- Man,Birds,aquatic lives etc.

By the way, can anybody in the house talk about 'soul-travelling' in relation to this subject?

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by SarcasticMe(m): 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2016
Hunnydropps:

Lol...Bro cheesy. Been a minute. I miss you guys. I'm good...how are you?

Hey, What you doing here...interested in this topic too? I love researching this type of topic. Even if aliens scare me, haha.

Have u been keeping up on 'PREACHER'? I'm loving it.
sorry for poking, I couldn't help but notice 'preacher.' Its nice to find ppl who like the show. I love it, but somehow, all my friends don't...
***back to topic, there's only one veil between our realm and that of other alienated beings, and its death.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by dboss444: 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2016
vincentico:
I still think they should have left more evidence of their visit and why is it the other way round if they visited Africa why are we not as advance as the west why is there such a huge gap in our technology

There is evidence evrywhr here in africa but how many africans can delicate their lives to research. the beings that created black dna had to alter it to create mankind (white).
Read d emerald tablet of thoth
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by goldfish80(m): 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
Charmarlegne:
ain't those pictures of prototypal flying saucers? Those NAZIs were super smart. But you do realise that had hitler played his cards right, Germany rather than America would have produced the first atomic bomb.
No. Its the Die Glocke otherwise known as the "Bell" it's a time machine. I think it was sited along the Polish/Czech border,the Americans whisked it away immediately when the Nazi's fell.

The Nazis physicists had advanced knowledge in developing nuclear reactors, isotope separation, silverscope, heavy water production etc.
They were close to breakthrough in developing nuclear bombs and space planes,but for the loss of personnel such as doctors and scientists who were drafted into combat and the expulsion of Jewish scientists, they would have nuked manhattan without anyone seeing that coming.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
SarcasticMe:

sorry for poking, I couldn't help but notice 'preacher.' Its nice to find ppl who like the show. I love it, but somehow, all my friends don't...
***back to topic, there's only one veil between our realm and that of other alienated beings, and its death.

Oh no...thanks for the poke. I'm going to open a thread about 'preacher' within the next few days. I'm hoping some of some of the gang from the old 'penny dreadful' thread that was started by my home Dragonking will join me there bc it's an awsome show. You're officially invited to come thru. The more the merrier cheesy
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Roon9(m): 7:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
Hunnydropps:

I know how you feel about the alien thing because I feel the same way. It's a love-hate relationship, hahaha. I'm also into researching in stuff about other paranormal Activity and supposed monsters like Bigfoot, etc. I'm a weirdo grin

Dude let me tell you...PREACHER is the bomb. At least I think so.

It comes on AMC the same channel that's producing The Walking Dead. It's modeled after a comic book that from what I understand doesn't come out on the regular. New Comics are added at the will of the creators so I definitely want to check that out.
I don't know what I would call the genre. It has fighting and I mean some really awesome Fights/ers, Angels, vampires, just plain bad human beings, and apparently an entity that was created between God and the devil.
This entity got loose from heaven and 2 angels are coming back to retrieve it because they're its guardians but it flies into different people trying to keep away from being captured. The 2 angles trying to do all this on the down low without God’s permission.
The entity usually kills it's host immediately. But it has entered a man who happens to be a preacher and the preacher thinks it's God in him and can control people through it. He plans to use it to win souls for God but I don't think it's going to turn out that way.
The vampire seems to be bestfriends with the preacher and he is funny!
It is really interesting. They've only had maybe 5 episodes so far so there's only so much information we have at this point but it seems really good. I think you might like it and would suggest giving it a few episodes of your time. I'm addicted already and hope it keeps going good after losing Penny Dreadful.
It comes on Sunday nights same as Penny Dreadful did and is on SHOW BOX for download/streaming.

After your comments on preacher, I quickly downloaded 4 episodes. The storyline is unique n captivating. Totally worth it

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
mickeyenglish:

it is possible and still exist only in THEORY. Light energy itself is very complicated, for man has not developed or evolved to that phase in existence. The fastest forms of travel right now known to man are the speed of light, followed by the speed of sound, and sonic speed comes third in the ranking and man has only being able to partially harness that of the Sonic speed as seen in the US sonic Raptor fighter jet class and the B2 stealth bomber class and these two set of sonic enhanced creations are the most advanced in the world and man has only exploited 10percent of the sonic force. Even then, the materials used in the development of this crafts have being placed "classified" by the US government. Just one single B2 stealth Bomber goes for a whooping 3 billion dollars, and they are not even for sale.

Travelling back and forth or exploring time and space is another thing entirely, for you a staggering amount of energy to do that which automatically cancels the idea or notion of light energy for if you are talking about space, interstellar, or intergalactic travel, light particles or energy comes into the arena so far the travel is within this REALITY [ our solar system, our Galaxy, and our universe] even then, we would need a very advanced form of technology to build and construct hyper-drives capable of propelling interstellar and intergalactic engines and star ships. I believe the light energy you are talking about is also known as ZPM [zero power module] this highly volatile particles would then be placed in a very stable chamber which may come in different sizes. For you to understand what I'm saying, I beseech you to get copies of the seasonal movie known as "Stargate Atlantis", this movie will definitely give you all the insights on Light particle energy. The light energy doesn't totally work for the propelling of the Starships, its main aim and objective is to provide stable power for the openings of "star windows" or "hyperspace" which is also being controlled on board the starship by a special piece of technology known as the "hyper-drive". This is the only way humans can explore the the galaxy simply because even if humans discover and design spacecraft that could travel at the speed of light, it would still take them nothing less than 20million years to get to the next galaxy which is the "Andromeda galaxy", but with the unified efforts of hyper-drives and light energy, the journey of an outrageous 20million years could be reduced to between 3 days to a week considering the distance of the travel for example, the journey from the "milky way galaxy" [which is our residence/home galaxy] down to the "Peagasus" galaxy may take 7 earth days. But when it comes to "Time Travel", you need much more power to accomplish such gigantic scientific evolutionary feet which leads us straight to the notion of "dark matter, dark particles, and dark energy".

Dark energy itself was formed along with universe during the BIG BANG scientific theory of the origin of creation. Dark energy itself is as old as time, in fact, it is timeless and ageless for it is not bound by earthly physical laws infact it is bound by no law. This is the greatest source of energy ever to exist in the universe. To travel back in time, we need to harness this mysterious source of power. It should also be noted that dark energy dwells in" black holes". This blackholes are situated in every galaxies and universe. The largest of its kind sits comfortably at the middle of our Galaxy. Its magnetic force is what keeps everything together in our Galaxy. This blackholes are situated in every galaxies and universe. The largest of its kind sits comfortably at the middle of our Galaxy. Its magnetic force is what keeps everything together in our Galaxy. We also have them in pockets in various corners of our Galaxy, albeit in very small sizes. If a planet or star get close to one, its gravitational pull drags it into it and gets lost forever or could appear in another time and universe. The dark energy power is so mysterious and so unclear to scientists and cosmonauts, but one thing is clear to them, which is the fact that it is the only way of time travel. Just imagine the whole of Obafemi Awolowo University being pulled into a very dark and tiny tin of milo or bournvita or better still a car tire without the tin or tire expanding, amazing is it? But the shocking thing is that the whole of OAU comes out through the other open end of the tire unscathed and in an okay situation but finds itself in another Ile-ife in another entirely different Osun state in a totally different Niger in the year three thousand and 16, which logically means that OAU travelled through one end of a piece of car tyre in the year 2016 and within 3minuites, came out through the other end of the car tyre in the 3016..mysterious isn't it? Yes! But that is the basic principle. That I the power of Dark energy and the black hole. The black hole itself contains dark particles and energy making the blackholes the ultimate time travel source. But scientists also tell us that we are surrounded by Dark energy and and we we harness its powers, we need alot of it. If this is done, then using th powers of the dark particles, they would be able to open up "rifts" in other words, scientists would b able to tear through the very fabrics of our universe anywhere on earth with the aid of Dark energy propelled universal engines or better still known as "time machine"..

Anyway! I'm an English language student from OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, sọ What do I know??

I totally get what you're saying...I was just a bioscience major here in the states but I guess our majors haven't stopped us from contemplating astro/quantum physics...gotta keep expanding and exercising that brain muscle, lol.

I was reading that at CERN they are actually trying to find a way to open up a time travel portal. Do you think with the recent discovery of the Higgs Boson or 'God Particle' that we will soon make any significant leap in our efforts concerning time travel?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 09, 2016
Roon9:

After your comments on preacher, I quickly downloaded 4 episodes. The storyline is unique n captivating. Totally worth it

Oh please I'm opening up a thread about it. When I do I'll post it here for anyone who would like to join in on the discussion. It is very unique isn't it? I hope to see you there when I have it up.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2016
NigerianScholar:

If you travel past d speed of light. You can break the time barrier and travel to another point in time(according to einstein) and then you will get lost in time eventually.
But, if we master travelling at the speed of light. The universe Is still too large to explore. We cant physically make the trip and i think moving at high speeds will cause accelerated ageing.
Maybe drones would be a better option using vr technology, but the dont have instincts, they dont feel,they cant sense danger

Maybe If we find a way to bend space then we can create a wormhole and travel to another point the the universe..its lyk a shortcut. Watch the movie interstellar

I'm going to check out interstellar...sounds ds very interesting. I do agree with you that initially manned travel would most likely be out of the question. I do hope to see some big strides in this department before I die, lol.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
Minemrys:

humans l0ok like us thats why i l0ok human. Ur husband must be a very lucky man, h0neydr0ps.

Thanks so much...I hope he feels lucky...but I'm actually the blessed one to have him.

Have you checked out the show 'preacher'? If you do have the time and like the show come join us on the thread I'm going good to open up...it be nice to see you there.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
PreacherMAN1:
I once saw a bright light in the shape of a saucer many years back. The light was moving fast along a straight line then stopped, moved up, down, back and then moved forward then disappeared. pls note, planes and man made devices cannot move at such rate. its a pity mobile phones with cameras were not available then. we were about 10people looking up at the strange activity. someone even said it must be the Americans but I knew it was not of this world.

What u saw was probably the a burning star or meteor. These are rocky like objects dat are not so big to b called satellite or planets. They move around space. Sometimes dey fall into earth n bcuz of d speed and distance dey r coming from dey get burnt or decay b4 reaching d earth surface . People tend to c dem as falling stars but never knew where dey land whenever dey occur. I have seen dem a couple of times
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Dragonking: 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
400billionman:

Have you heard of meteors ?

This is what i saw. I didnt see it alone..
But a meteorite is not an alien or ufo
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by toboint(m): 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2016
actually i think extraterrestials are possible........though #ONLY TIME# as ENYA said, wud tell
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by frostland(m): 9:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
Mekzyzeus:

Baba!! Imagine the chaos should the "government" confirm their existence. Ever heard about "Extra terrestrial Conspiracy Theories"??
I believe and know that we ain't alone in this world oh!!
There are countless possibilities... planets plenty naw!!
theories or no theories I don't beliv it until I see real evidence and not mere human facts
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by bluaero(m): 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
iamord:
I beg to disagree. We tend to cut out own forms of aliens in our minds as horrible and strong and also by what Hollywood shoes us.. However. The word alien could come in any form. Energy.. Sound.. Cartoon form.. Etc. The gave that there are new planets being created shoes that there will also be lower races in existence still pondering on what we humans have done and dusted millions of years ago.... BTW.. I believe the sea holds lots of information and could even house some aliens

Of course. We are definitely more advanced than a lot of aliens out there and at the same time there are also a lot of alien life forms out there more advanced than us.

I can bet you that aliens lower than us would not be intelligent enough to visit us. But if any is intelligent enough to reach us (be they in any form), they would be way more superior than us.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 2:08am On Jul 10, 2016
kazuna:

if all physics teachers ezplain like you...we could ve rivaled nasa here in naija.

but let ask o, a rather awkwRd ques, if the observers are seeing our dinosaur past as their present signal that means if they want to say explore us, their mindset might be that we are virgin land meant for terrafirming?
could it be?

The guy try for the explaination. But for you, virgin land with lots of huge animals. Chai really HUGE animals.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 2:10am On Jul 10, 2016
frostland:
bros those I just mere human claim

So whose claim would you prefer? EYEBALL TO EYEBALL ABI?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 10, 2016
natedalo:
Humans have literally gone nowhere in space as we have not scratched the surface of space. Our universe is so big our human minds cannot comprehend it.

For instance there are more stars than all the grains of sand in the worlds beaches Some of this stars if not all have planets orbiting round them. They may also have natural satellites(moons) orbiting round them. Try to now comprehend how many planets and moons our universe could contain then you would realize that alien life certainly exists we just haven't discovered it yet and we may never discover it. Our universe is just too big for us to be alone.

If you are a creationist you can say that God always create things for a reason and there are so many planets created that God must have have created life on one.

If you are an atheist who believes in evolution you'll also agree that the conditions that gave rise to life on earth aren't unique and must have repeated themselves in the billions of worlds we have in the universe.

Its very possible that aliens have visited us and help shaped our civilization but there is really no scientific or mainstream accepted proof and much of the 'evidence' are by conspiracy theorists and are riddled with lies but some pieces of 'evidence' stand out but usually can't be verified.

Including deserts?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by blacq2009(m): 6:34am On Jul 10, 2016
otemanuduno:

Demons do not exist.. Angels alone exist, but they tag their fellow angels demons because of hate.
Like serious? Angels too hate? I don't think so: they ain't humans.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by omojeesu(m): 7:34am On Jul 10, 2016
iamord:
of course.. They all had to be categorised S demons and fallen angels cos the truth will shatter the beliefs of ancient religions. Not all are demons. Planets are being created everyday. Life is bearing fruits. And the universe still expanding. Am sure some other races have been told similar lies like us here

That's just what your aliens want you to believe.

Time and / or eternity will tell.

Good luck to you.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by otemanuduno: 7:35am On Jul 10, 2016
blacq2009:

Like serious? Angels too hate? I don't think so: they ain't humans.

Did your religion not call satan a fallen angel? Yet that Satan according to islam hates humanity. So what are you saying?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by iamord(m): 8:28am On Jul 10, 2016
omojeesu:

That's just what your aliens want you to believe.
Time and / or eternity will tell.
Good luck to you.

keep your ideologies to yourself. Good luck to you too

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Scientists Discover Impossible Planet, Having Possibility For Life / Strange Cow That Refused To Die After Its Head Had Been Cut(video) / This Is World's Smallest Snake, You Would Think It's An Earthworm (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.