Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,869 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. (3771 Views)

Poll On Twitter Between GEJ And Buhari Regarding The Current Issues In Nigeria / Nnamdi Kanu Might Be Right: Compare And Contrast Between New And Old Buhari / GEJ And PMB With Two US Secretaries Of State (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by AtlanticBreeze: 8:21am On Jul 06, 2016
StOla:

They have 13%, they still get NDDC, they also have a full fledged ministry, then they have local and state governments like other regions of Nigeria have. So I cannot understand their self inflicted pain when their own leaders don't either. What I understand is that the local community has refused to see any economic life outside oil.

We have seen what Akpabio did with oil revenue augmented state allocations.
What has Bayelsa and Delta done with theirs?

Who is talking about transportation? What is an Igbo man or a Kanuri man doing in the Nigerian Navy?
Immigration service primarily functions at the international boundaries of Nigeria. I don't recall that any Igbo village shares any boundaries with any other country or international waters like we have I the North SouthWest and SouthSouth.

The education I have given to you is that you should stop your regional and ethnic bigotry where National matters are being discussed. A federal agency or department has no business satisfying the wants of a village over the national outlook.
You keep repeating the same nonsense... immigration is not merely by boundaries but by access and this in the form of transportation.. If there is an international airport in my village, there should be an immigration there.. so thats not an issue.
Bottom line is all those institutions you mentioned are being run with ND oil. They will all collaspe without ND oil. ND oil shouldn't be "national outlook".. SW cocoa was not "national outlook." You cannot emasculate a people from the management of their natural resources.. The rest of Nigerians does not understand the pains these communities go through... The North cannot dominate every other sector and also dominate the sector a sector thats indigenous. Simple
Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by blackpanda: 8:22am On Jul 06, 2016
sirfemoz:
Let me ask, if it happens to be that this oil is in Borno state, will any southerner get close as being PA not to talk of GMD? All the mining going on in the north, I bet none of you here is aware. No media house have ever said anything concerning it. But when it comes to oil, it becomes national cake. I only pity Kachukwu, cos he didn't see this coming.

The mining is done by the chinese, not even the northerners. They use the local people there to be breaking heavy stones in their quarry, exposing them to all manner of diseases. I doubt if any southerner will leave warri and travel to zamfara to be breaking stones! You say it like the north is enjoying mining. They are not.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 06, 2016
MalcoImX:
There's nothing like ND oil, except if you're one of the paid political scavengers. It is the nation that is entrusted to hold the resources in public trust for the citizens, not some Goddamn terrorists and their sympathizers.
now i understand while Nigerians r so miopic n nymph wen it comes to resources

cows, belongs to North, Gold in sokoto belongs to North, farm produce ( tomatoes, beans, yam etc) belongs to north ( & states dat v it)
other resources belongs to d respective States dat v it,

but wen it comes to oil, is nw Nigerian resources ?

before d era of oil booms, resource control practices was in existence, y is resource control partial in management of resources found within d coast of Nigeria?

oga go sit down in clay-clone swampy lake n rethink.....

AS LONG AS AM CONCERNED, NIGERIA IS A SCAM!!!!!!

#TAKEITORLEAVEIT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by Babacele: 8:43am On Jul 06, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

Which resources? Niger Delta oil? Do you in the north or south west understand the pains communities go through during oil exploration? Niger delta oil first belongs to ND before Nigerians and you can't call foreigners to manage something that does not belong to them.
so what have we been doing with 13%, SC interventions wey we dey get? Abi Our son GEJ no dey there for 6 years ? why e no fit even implement UNEP report? rather he was worse off.....so if naPMB who has contributed more to the development of the Petrol sector in this country fit do am , make him do am......any other talk na nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2016
jesse8048:
So, u have united all the south? Why not give further information about the geopolitical zone and not just south and North.
When it's the north, you deliberately feign ignorance of the existence of three geo-political zones there. You see the north being made up of Hausa/Fulani muslims. FYI Plateau State alone has equal or more ethnic groups than the SW.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by StOla: 8:57am On Jul 06, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

You keep repeating the same nonsense... immigration is not merely by boundaries but by access and this in the form of transportation.. If there is an international airport in my village, there should be an immigration there.. so thats not an issue.
Bottom line is all those institutions you mentioned are being run with ND oil. They will all collaspe without ND oil. ND oil shouldn't be "national outlook".. SW cocoa was not "national outlook." You cannot emasculate a people from the management of their natural resources.. The rest of Nigerians does not understand the pains these communities go through... The North cannot dominate every other sector and also dominate the sector a sector thats indigenous. Simple

I get your drift and I'm impressed you could intelligently associate the relevance of the immigration service to all Nigerians irrespective of international boundaries. Infact immigration into Nigeria doesn't mean the migration would be confined to the boundary regions of the country, hence the reason why the service is operationally present in all the states of the country.

Now since you are actually intelligent to decipher the above, I am surprised you have limited the role of NNPC to just oil production as it relates to oil bearing fields and communities. What about oil consumption within Nigeria? Do the oil producing communities consume more oil than the rest of Nigeria? Is the NNPC restricted to oil exploration alone? What about refining and downstream marketing, distribution and retail ? Are those not a nationwide reality.

Why must you limit NNPC to just oil exploration when you don't want me to limit the Immigration Service to just the international boundaries?

Do you now see that NNPC is indeed a National entity serving a national purpose?

The institutions I mentioned had all been in existence prior to the collapse of our multi sector economy into an oil dependent economy. So I don't see how they will not survive if we revert back to the former economic structure.

As for the Navy illustration, I see you couldn't muster a reply to that. It is a Federal institution as NNPC is a federal agency. It belongs to all and serves the purpose of all, hence it must admit all irrespective of who has access to the sea. Whatever belligerent forces invade the country via the sea, would eventually advance to the hinterland. Our national security is the responsibility of all peoples of Nigeria.

As for Northern domination of many sectors including oil, the records have shown that every president tilts the NNPC board membership towards their own half of the country. The records shown here reveals that Buhari is even fairer than Jonathan was.

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by Babacele: 9:01am On Jul 06, 2016
Bobskylo:

cows, belongs to North, Gold in sokoto belongs to North, farm produce ( tomatoes, beans, yam etc) belongs to north ( & states dat v it)

before d era of oil booms, resource control practices was in existence, y is resource control partial in management of resources found within d coast of Nigeria?

#TAKEITORLEAVEIT
so who n who have been stealing the oil and oil money? with the helps of who? oya let us call names naaa.....whose fault? you need to understand that the political have no tribal difference as long as stealing the natural resources n looting the treasury is concerned........as a minister under Obj for barely 3 years, Pmb did more to the dev of the oil sector and the ND than the IB as the president of Nigeria with unprecedented profit in the sales of crude in the history of Nigeria . so where the money goes? Like Amaechi, Gej is not my brother oooo but anybody that raises the development ante of Nigeria and ND. thank you.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by sirfemoz(m): 9:06am On Jul 06, 2016
blackpanda:

The mining is done by the chinese, not even the northerners. They use the local people there to be breaking heavy stones in their quarry, exposing them to all manner of diseases. I doubt if any southerner will leave warri and travel to zamfara to be breaking stones! You say it like the north is enjoying mining. They are not.

Have you heard of any mining activities in any of the media? Why can't the government invest in it. Why is all eyes on the oil in the south? Like I said earlier, if it happens to in Borno state that has the oil, no southerner will even be a PA.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by StOla: 9:08am On Jul 06, 2016
Bobskylo:

#TAKEITORLEAVEIT

You mentioned economic activities in the North that are the rewards of human effort.

Why not mention same in the NigerDelta?

Or is cow or yam, or tomatoes a natural resource?

Did the Northerners just venture into the forest and start packing cows and tomatoes?

Was oil deliberately cultivated or reared in any part of the world.

What exactly is the economic activity in the NigerDelta and who has forced the people not to have control over it like the cows and yam hardworking men are cultivating in the North?

I know that all natural resources, be it Coal, Tin, Gold, Diamond etc are not the result of hardwork by anyone or region, and it is held in ownership by the federal government.

It is my hope that since the natural resource called crude oil gives a 13% derivation to the host state, the above natural resources will give the same 13% derivation to the host states too.

Beyond that, let everyone go find a job and stop loafing around for handouts, regardless of what natural resources exist in your country, state or community.

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by bulletproofmonk(m): 9:11am On Jul 06, 2016
Nuruddeen777:

NNPC BOARD UNDER FORMER PRESIDENT
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN...GEJ
BOARD CHAIRMAN-MRS. DIZIENI- SOUTH
BUKAR ABDULLAHI .NORTH.
STEVEN ORASANYA. SOUTH.
OLUSEGUN OKUNU. SOUTH
DANIEL WADZANI. SOUTH
BENARD O.N OTTI. SOUTH.
PETER NMADU. SOUTH.
TAYE HARUNA. SOUTH
NEWLY RECONSTITUTED NNPC BOARD UNDER
PRESIDENT M.BUHARI.
BOARD CHAIRMAN, IBE KACHIKWU - SOUTH.
KACALA M. BARU. NORTH
MAHMUD DUTSE. NORTH
ABBA KYARI. NORTH
THOMAS JOHN. SOUTH
PIUS O. AKIN. SOUTH
TAJUDEEN UMAR. SOUTH
LAWAL MOHAMMED. NORTH
YUSUF LAWAL. NORTH

You do realize the North - NC,NE,NW. Likewise the South = SS,SE,SW.
Stop being mischievous
Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by diegwu01: 9:16am On Jul 06, 2016
Bobskylo:

#TAKEITORLEAVEIT
Have you gone to the north to Farm Tomatoes and anyone stopped you? Have you gone into cattle rearing in the north and anyone stopped you from doing so?

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by Sealeddeal(m): 9:18am On Jul 06, 2016
Nuruddeen777:

BUKAR ABDULLAHI .NORTH.
STEVEN ORASANYA. SOUTH.
OLUSEGUN OKUNU. SOUTH
DANIEL WADZANI. SOUTH
BENARD O.N OTTI. SOUTH.
PETER NMADU. SOUTH.
TAYE HARUNA. SOUTH
PRESIDENT M.BUHARI.
KACALA M. BARU. NORTH
MAHMUD DUTSE. NORTH
ABBA KYARI. NORTH
THOMAS JOHN. SOUTH
PIUS O. AKIN. SOUTH
TAJUDEEN UMAR. SOUTH
LAWAL MOHAMMED. NORTH
YUSUF LAWAL. NORTH
Op, Daniel Wadzani is North. Taye Haruna is North.
Three North and Three South.
Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by MalcoImX: 9:18am On Jul 06, 2016
Bobskylo:

#TAKEITORLEAVEIT
Nobody has the right within the confines of Nigeria to appropriate a mineral resource as his own, including water resources. Agricultural and livestock resources you mentioned can be owned personally by anybody, not only the northerners. Even at that, the government can decide to tax those, because technically they are resources within Nigeria's territory, and are part of the country's wealth.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by Oksman(m): 10:01am On Jul 06, 2016
ba7man:
Lawd!...... see how daft people have become.

Despite the mass looting that took place I'm NNPC during the previous administration, some people can only see it through the tribal lens.

The only yardstick for comparison is.. "Performance".

Cut that crap men! the looting did not start yesterday, it started when $2.8billion dollars developed wings and flew away never to return. So stop this nonsense accusation of putting all the blames on GEJ administration, have you ever wondered why no money that flies away from thier coffer never return to roost?.
Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by ba7man(m): 10:25am On Jul 06, 2016
Oksman:

Cut that crap men! the looting did not start yesterday, it started when $2.8billion dollars developed wings and flew away never to return. So stop this nonsense accusation of putting all the blames on GEJ administration, have you ever wondered why no money that flies away from thier coffer never return to roost?.

GEJ took it to the next level.

He changed my perception that ruining the nation was not a Northern agenda but a Nigerian thing.

He's just as evil as they were...... only his laxity made it worse.
Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by saintkash(m): 10:35am On Jul 06, 2016
amaechi1:

You can see how we have allowed the politicians to deceive us. When the police retired 7 AIG, 6 were from the north. Nobody shouted. When president appointed an Igbo man as his CSO in the presidential palace, nobody shouted. For me I refuse to be deceived.

God bless u my brother.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by saintkash(m): 10:44am On Jul 06, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Op, Daniel Wadzani is North. Taye Haruna is North.
Three North and Three South.

mr taye haruna is from the south west and not the north oga.

Mr. Taiye Haruna, a Fellow of the Institute of
Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and
graduate of the University of Lagos, is an
indigene of Ondo State, South West Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by Oksman(m): 10:54am On Jul 06, 2016
ba7man:
GEJ took it to the next level.

He changed my perception that ruining the nation was not a Northern agenda but a Nigerian thing.

He's just as evil as they were...... only his laxity made it worse.
Good you undestood me too, for do not support the way our commonwealth has been cornered by a few over the years by a privilledged few, thanks.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by ubyways(m): 12:29pm On Jul 06, 2016
Bnladan:
the oil in ND region belongs 2 Nigeria, dis I can say authoratively. B4 d discovery of oil, the ND has relied on d economy of Nigeria which dey contributed less to. Food, hides, cotton, iron, coccoa, tin and other natural resources were produced by the other regions. Then y on earth will the ND now claim dey own d oil.
shut up, ND land resources was very viable for agricultural production until crude oil exploration which as degraded the soil. Malaysia is one of the highest producer of oil palm trees in the world today because they got the seedlings form ND years oga. you will delude urself and ur entire generation if u believe that the proceeds form cocoa and groundnut was used for infrastructural development in ND.
Re: NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast. by royallord1(m): 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2016
Nuruddeen777:

BUKAR ABDULLAHI .NORTH.
STEVEN ORASANYA. SOUTH.
OLUSEGUN OKUNU. SOUTH WEST
DANIEL WADZANI. SOUTH NORTH CENTRAL
BENARD O.N OTTI. SOUTH EAST.
PETER NMADU. SOUTH. EAST
TAYE HARUNA. SOUTH WEST
PRESIDENT M.BUHARI.
KACALA M. BARU. NORTH
MAHMUD DUTSE. NORTH
ABBA KYARI. NORTH
THOMAS JOHN. SOUTH WEST
PIUS O. AKIN. SOUTH WEST
TAJUDEEN UMAR. SOUTH NORTH CENTRAL
LAWAL MOHAMMED. NORTH
YUSUF LAWAL. NORTH
YOU ARE HILARIOUSLY STÛPID. HONESTLY

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari's Death Rumor In London Strikes Media / If Buhari Is Not In Nigeria By Next Week, His Seat Is Vacant. / Welcome To Sango Otta, Obasanjo's Home Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.