Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,446 members, 7,836,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today (1182 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni Retires From Football On His 35th Birthday / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today / Vincent Enyeama Celebrates His 35th Birthday. Read His Wife's Birthday Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by lalasticlala(m): 8:26am On Jul 06, 2016
Nnamdi Asomugha (born July 6, 1981) is a former American football cornerback. He played college football for the University of California, Berkeley, and was drafted in the first round of the 2003 NFL Draft by the Oakland Raiders. He also played for the Philadelphia Eagles and San Francisco 49ers. For many years he was considered one of the best shutdown corners in the NFL.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnamdi_Asomugha

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by Ddonoflife(m): 8:28am On Jul 06, 2016
ftc.....hapi birthday even tho i dnt knw u
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by Twaci(f): 8:29am On Jul 06, 2016
Oh he is yummy! cheesy kiss
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by dahunsy(f): 8:34am On Jul 06, 2016
Coughs*** clears throat#........ who he epp?
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by joseph1832(m): 8:34am On Jul 06, 2016
lalasticlala:
Nnamdi Asomugha (born July 6, 1981) is a former American football cornerback. He played college football for the University of California, Berkeley, and was drafted in the first round of the 2003 NFL Draft by the Oakland Raiders. He also played for the Philadelphia Eagles and San Francisco 49ers. For many years he was considered one of the best shutdown corners in the NFL.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnamdi_Asomugha
Bros I sure say you no say wikipedia is not a reliable source? grin
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by Vendoor(f): 8:34am On Jul 06, 2016
cute
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 06, 2016
shocked
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 06, 2016
joseph1832:
no mind lalasticlala
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by TDonald: 8:46am On Jul 06, 2016
This one go just dey create mumu thread up and down undecided

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by oliidell(m): 8:56am On Jul 06, 2016
Twaci:
Oh he is yummy! cheesy kiss

Make Kerry Washington catch you. He is now an Actor/Producer

Lalasticlala front page please!

Sorry I forgot that u are the Op
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by Twaci(f): 9:00am On Jul 06, 2016
oliidell:

Make Kerry Washington catch you. He is now an Actor/Producer

Lalasticlala front page please!

Sorry I forgot that u are the Op
Oh! E don do for me be that embarassed
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by oliidell(m): 9:12am On Jul 06, 2016
joseph1832:

When you guys go "@wikipedia is not a reliable source" it makes me wonder why people just repeat whatever they hear without verification just because it sounds good to them. For highly technical/professional topics, wikipedia comes short, I agree; that's why tertiary institutions do not accept wikipedia links as references for educational papers/thesis. For general information however, wikipedia is very reliable.

Did you even verify the guy's age and birthday before posting the above? I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by oliidell(m): 9:15am On Jul 06, 2016
Twaci:
Oh! E don do for me be that embarassed

Lol... How have u been?
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by Twaci(f): 9:22am On Jul 06, 2016
oliidell:

Lol... How have u been?
Very fine. You?
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by joseph1832(m): 9:25am On Jul 06, 2016
oliidell:

When you guys go "@wikipedia is not a reliable source" it makes me wonder why people just repeat whatever they hear without verification just because it sounds good to them. For highly technical/professional topics, wikipedia comes short, I agree; that's why tertiary institutions do not accept wikipedia links as references for educational papers/thesis. For general information however, wikipedia is very reliable.

Did you even verify the guy's age and birthday before posting the above? I don't think so.

Dude, its not about the guy's age or whatever, its about the source. When you discuss with people who know their onus, and you make reference to Wikipedia, they'll only smile at you.

The question you fail to ask yourself my good friend is, is the information there accurate, viable, thus tested and trusted?

That's why many people fail to know information can be correct, or false, all the same, its information, all the more reason why "information can never compete with knowledge".
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by oliidell(m): 9:59am On Jul 06, 2016
joseph1832:
Dude, its not about the guy's age or whatever, its about the source. When you discuss with people who know their onus, and you make reference to Wikipedia, they'll only smile at you.

The question you fail to ask yourself my good friend is, is the information there accurate, viable, thus tested and trusted?

That's why many people fail to know information can be correct, or false, all the same, its information, all the more reason why "information can never compete with knowledge".

You either missed out this part or chose to ignore it.

"For highly technical/professional topics, wikipedia comes short, I agree; that's why tertiary institutions do not accept wikipedia links as references for educational papers/thesis"

Let me explain to you again. Wikipedia is an on-line encyclopedia that is regularly updated. Any registered user can upload information which the site administrators subject to a notability test and other forms of verification. Uploaded information is expected to be backed up with good references from independent sources otherwise, it won't be posted on the site's public space.

It may not be 100% accurate but the same goes for other websites. All I'm stating in a nutshell is that wikipedia.org is a tenable reference for a sports personality's birthday.

Btw u used the word 'onus' out of context.
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by oliidell(m): 10:03am On Jul 06, 2016
Twaci:
Very fine. You?

Hmm. Very fine in this harsh economy. Pls share ur secret. smiley
Me I de manage see front sha but things rough o. grin
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by joseph1832(m): 10:22am On Jul 06, 2016
oliidell:

You either missed out this part or chose to ignore it.

"For highly technical/professional topics, wikipedia comes short, I agree; that's why tertiary institutions do not accept wikipedia links as references for educational papers/thesis"

Let me explain to you again. Wikipedia is an on-line encyclopedia that is regularly updated. Any registered user can upload information which the site administrators subject to a notability test and other forms of verification. Uploaded information is expected to be backed up with good references from independent sources otherwise, it won't be posted on the site's public space.

It may not be 100% accurate but the same goes for other websites. All I'm stating in a nutshell is that wikipedia.org is a tenable reference for a sports personality's birthday.

Btw u used the word 'onus' out of context.

If what you say is true, then how come it was revealed that the information posted by Stella Oduah's media team, on her Wikipedia page, was false. As regard the colored?

Are we discussing about 'onus' here or 'Wikipedia'? Don't stray from the subject of discourse, bro.
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by oliidell(m): 11:23am On Jul 06, 2016
joseph1832:
If what you say is true, then how come it was revealed that the information posted by Stella Oduah's media team, on her Wikipedia page, was false. As regard the colored?

Are we discussing about 'onus' here or 'Wikipedia'? Don't stray from the subject of discourse, bro.

Your response above gives me an insight into ur personality...when u are wrong, it takes nothing to admit that u are.

To our discussion; Stella Oduah was a Minister of a Federal republic; that's notable. The said information was first published on the website of the Federal Ministry of Aviation; that's an independent source that must have been factored before the wiki piece.

Pls read the paragraph in my last post, below the one you highlighted (even the main website involved in that issue has had cases of gross misinformation) & wiki has introduced bans and censorship on editing from certain regions.

Many developed countries are very good at record-keeping. Nnamdi was born in Louisiana USA, so his birth records should be accurate.

Using Stella Oduah as a singular example is quite myopic. I'm not saying wiki is always right but most times when you guys go castigating people's honest efforts, it's usually a case of "Many can find fault; few can do better."

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by joseph1832(m): 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
oliidell:

Your response above gives me an insight into ur personality...when u are wrong, it takes nothing to admit that u are.
That's according to you, and your opinion about my personality, is entirely your opinion. Remember, "people look, but see differently".

To our discussion; Stella Oduah was a Minister of a Federal republic; that's notable. The said information was first published on the website of the Federal Ministry of Aviation; that's an independent source that must have been factored before the wiki piece.
Can I see proof to attest to the emboldened?

Pls read the paragraph in my last post, below the one you highlighted (even the main website involved in that issue has had cases of gross misinformation) & wiki has introduced bans and censorship on editing from certain regions.
So? How does that affect the fact that people use Wikipedia to post false information? Last I checked, Wikipedia was the sole website mentioned in the issue, I never read where anybody named or mentioned any other site.

Many developed countries are very good at record-keeping. Nnamdi was born in Louisiana USA, so his birth records should be accurate.
And Wikipedia have access to that record right? Or the person who edited and posted it knows better?.

Using Stella Oduah as a singular example is quite myopic. I'm not saying wiki is always right but most times when you guys go castigating people's honest efforts, it's usually a case of "Many can find fault; few can do better."
How is it myopic? I gave you an example, if I hadn't given you any, what would you have said, I'm narrow minded? Puhlease!.
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by oliidell(m): 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
joseph1832:
That's according to you, and your opinion about my personality, is entirely your opinion. Remember, "people look, but see differently".

Can I see proof to attest to the emboldened?

So? How does that affect the fact that people use Wikipedia to post false information? Last I checked, Wikipedia was the sole website mentioned in the issue, I never read where anybody named or mentioned any other site.

And Wikipedia have access to that record right? Or the person who edited and posted it knows better?.

How is it myopic? I gave you an example, if I hadn't given you any, what would you have said, I'm narrow minded? Puhlease!.

Dude I have better things to do abeg. It's not my duty to school you...ta-ta
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today by joseph1832(m): 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
oliidell:

Dude I have better things to do abeg. It's not my duty to school you...ta-ta
You should have thought of that before you quoted me, duh. And there you were saying you know a thing about my personality bla bla bla...

tongue tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

Is Paul Pogba Really Worth A World Record Fee Of 100 Million Pounds???? / Neymar Play And Scored His First Penalty Today For Psg, / English Premier League Muslim Team.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.