Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,428 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] (2823 Views)

PDP Is Rebranding Itself With Stolen Arms Money- Lai Mohammed / Pdp Rebranding Itself With Stolen Arms Money – Lai Mohammed / Shamsudeen Bala Mohammed Spent N1.1 Billion On Choice Properties In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by SoluB: 8:31am On Jul 06, 2016
For the records, there is nothing like a $2.1 billion arms money anywhere during the tenure of former President Goodluck Jonathan or, and perhaps, during the tenure of any president before him. What you know as ‘$2.1 billion arms money is a propaganda masterstroke concocted by the Department for State Security Services (DSS) and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to distract everyone from the incompetence of the Buhari administration.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has spoken out twice, saying that he never approved any $2.1 billion arms deal and as a matter of fact, Nigeria never had that kind of money just for arms before. But, it seems the ignorant masses still don’t get it, perhaps because Jonathan is not good at shouting on the rooftops and amplifying his voice in the media.

http://www.istylmagazine.com/news/africa/how-2-1-billion-arms-money-is-the-biggest-propaganda-of-2015-must-read/

2 Likes

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by GudluckIBB(m): 8:37am On Jul 06, 2016
Op how come Olisah Metuh has agreed to refund his own share of the loot?

He even said he supports PMB's anti corruption war.

Op if it is propaganda smentioned, can you compel Obanikoro to come home and starts walking on the street in Nigeria?

Op since Agbele, fayose's right hand man was arrested, how come fayose has not been talking?

Pls don't allow hatred to become cancerous to your system. Buhari has defeated jonathan and even the jonathan has moved on with his life. So make u sef dey busy with your own.

16 Likes

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by pryme(m): 8:41am On Jul 06, 2016
This op sef.. You dey this naija so?

3 Likes

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by HtwoOw: 8:44am On Jul 06, 2016
Nigerian wailers getting dumber by the day

Ffk Said he didn't know money was from ONSA

Fayose running up and down

Agbele regretting getting money

Metuah and family clamoring to return funds

Dasuki playing nice in cell

If it was propaganda you don't think those people would have said something?

Idiotic post

5 Likes

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 06, 2016
GudluckIBB:

Op if it is propaganda smentioned, can you compel Obanikoro to come home and starts walking on the street in Nigeria?

Op since Agbele, fayose's right hand man was arrested, how come fayose has not been talking?

Pls don't allow hatred to become cancerous to your system. Buhari has defeated jonathan and even the jonathan has moved on with his life. So make u sef dey busy with your own.

What if they have other corruption link that is not that being marketed. Until dasuki is taken to court I doubt the arm deal talk. Are you not hearing now that fayose got his money from contract kick backs now?

4 Likes

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by HtwoOw: 10:05am On Jul 06, 2016
Contract kickback is not corruption??
soulpeppersoup:

What if they have other corruption link that is not that being marketed. Until dasuki is taken to court I doubt the arm deal talk. Are you not hearing now that fayose got his money from contract kick backs now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by omolami: 10:39am On Jul 06, 2016
The money is security vote of mr President Buhari and APC government only tagged it Arms money to get sympathy and support from unsuspecting populace in the course of probe. Security vote is never probed. Buhari started it therefore he should expect his to be probed too. What it will tagged then would be revealed as necessary.m

1 Like

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by omolami: 10:40am On Jul 06, 2016
The money is security vote of mr President Buhari and APC government only tagged it Arms money to get sympathy and support from unsuspecting populace in the course of probe. Security vote is never probed. Buhari started it therefore he should expect his to be probed too. What it will tagged then would be revealed as necessary.

2 Likes

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by NavierStokes(m): 11:04am On Jul 06, 2016
Security vote of the past administration erroneously reported as arMs fund now recently reported as money from ONSA's imprest account. For Pete's sake where else was Dasuki supposed to be withdrawing money if not the CBN? Zenith bank? UBA?
Can the current administration swear that the current ONSA banks with private banks or they keep security vote in cash in Aso rock?

Why jingle continuously 2.1billion usd the equivalent of 400 billion at the time, whereas all charges against dasuki and all others are less than 5 percent of the total sum.

Where is Dokpesi who was the first casualty of this investigation? Why has Dasuki not been arraigned "properly".

Illiteracy or naivete is the bane of our Nigerian society as we know it, today.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by ivandragon: 11:07am On Jul 06, 2016
omolami:
The money is security vote of mr President Buhari and APC government only tagged it Arms money to get sympathy and support from unsuspecting populace in the course of probe. Security vote is never probed. Buhari started it therefore he should expect his to be probed too. What it will tagged then would be revealed as necessary.

and that's the bottom line. they knew there would be more outrage labelling it as money slated to fight the insurgency rather than security vote (although I still do not support corruption under any guise). also, no nation publicly states exactly how much it spends on its military or types of weapons it procures. this is all an attempt to paint the previous government black, silence the opposition & distract the general populace. however, illegal funds should be returned, including those from APC members.

4 Likes

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by Histrings08(m): 11:09am On Jul 06, 2016
Pfft
Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by keyremotes(m): 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2016
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING TO MY FRIENDS IN APC.

THEY ALL USED SECURITY VOTE MONEY FOR ELECTIONS.

AND WHY IS IT THAT ONLY THE VOCAL PEOPLE IN PDP ARE BEING INVESTIGATED?

IT HAS ALSO JUST BEEN EXPOSED THAT SHERRIF THE EMBATTLED PDP CHAIRMAN IS INLAW TO BUHARI. HIS SON IS MARRIED TO HALIMA BUHARI SHERRIF

1 Like

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by StOla: 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
What about the memo from Okonjo Iweala approving the said amount as already discussed with the president, and urging the president to supervise the use of the money for the purpose it was given without appropriation?

Or isn't that the proof of the very source of the funds, since we are not even disputing the paper trail that has incriminated a lot of politicians and banks?

Wadata plaza should look for another conspiracy to deceive Nigerians with. Useless party that has nothing to show for 16years of government.

[url]saharareporters.com/2015/12/10/ex-nigeria-finance-minister-okonjo-iweala-confesses-i-paid-dasuki-322m-abacha-loot[/url]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by MalcoImX: 12:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
ivandragon:

and that's the bottom line. they knew there would be more outrage labelling it as money slated to fight the insurgency rather than security vote (although I still do not support corruption under any guise). also, no nation publicly states exactly how much it spends on its military or types of weapons it procures. this is all an attempt to paint the previous government black, silence the opposition & distract the general populace. however, illegal funds should be returned, including those from APC members.
Then what has Metuh got to do with security vote that he is returning?
Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by ivandragon: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
MalcoImX:
Then what has Metuh got to do with security vote that he is returning?

if anyone was in Metuh's shoes, (or FFK) as a result of the harassments, intimidation... they would also agree to return monies in order to save their necks. its just like a person who is illegally detained by the police on trumped up charges, that person will agree to 'settle' with the police in order to get out of the situation despite being innocent of the crime. that doesn't make the person a guilty, does it? Can Buhari confidently tell Nigerians the sources of all his campaign funds? I doubt that & we all know there were questionable contributions, but that doesn't make Buhari a thief or criminal... except we use the same standards that is being used against metuh & FFK...
Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by Bethelwealthy(m): 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
GudluckIBB:

Olisa Metuh says he'll return campaign money back, not arms deal money. If you have good memory, did you remember that PDP did launching for Campagne?? If you remember that now, you should also remember that #59billion was raised for the campaign. ............................ This govt has successfully brain-washed those ignorance citizens to belief that every money release to individuals who are just playing the roles the party gave them to play come from some "imaginary" arms-deal. Which Arms-deal?? If memory serves me right, i remember that the only money Jonathan proposed was just $1Billuon and i also remember that d NASS blocked it. Thats why Jonathan had to go thru blackmarket thru south-africa to buy arms since they wouldnt approve even a simple $2billion for him. Yet people with formatted brains will still want to kill themselves aguing an IDIOTIC arms deal..........
there was nothing like arms deal.

3 Likes

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by Bethelwealthy(m): 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
HtwoOw:
Nigerian wailers getting dumber by the day

Ffk Said he didn't know money was from ONSA

Fayose running up and down

Agbele regretting getting money

Metuah and family clamoring to return funds

Dasuki playing nice in cell

If it was propaganda you don't think those people would have said something?

Idiotic post

Zombies are like formatted phones, their memories are empty......since dasuki has been arrested, which case has the govt brought against him that succeeded. Imagine that a man has not been convicted of a single crime yet you're comfortable that he's in prison. Also the names you mentioned are individuals who has roles to play in the election, just like we have in APC too yet moneies were released to all of them but only PDP's own become issue. If a campaign director in APC is given money to run his budget, should go back and ask the ssource of the money? if you say yes then you're chronically dumb. During thr election, all the master of industries gathered and raised money for Jonathan's election but you're so brainwashed to remember that billions of Naira was raised that day........so to my point, there was nothing as Arms deal. arms deal from where? released by who? sourced from where? al i see is deliberate act of Machiavellian approach that tag the enemies by bad name so as to destroy it.........was APC campaign done withouy money? if not, let them show us the breakdown and how finances were diatributed if the pattern wouldnt be the same as PDP, the only difference will be the size of the money since APC was so poor........

3 Likes

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by KINGwax007(m): 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
OP...

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by MalcoImX: 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
ivandragon:

if anyone was in Metuh's shoes, (or FFK) as a result of the harassments, intimidation... they would also agree to return monies in order to save their necks. its just like a person who is illegally detained by the police on trumped up charges, that person will agree to 'settle' with the police in order to get out of the situation despite being innocent of the crime. that doesn't make the person a guilty, does it? Can Buhari confidently tell Nigerians the sources of all his campaign funds? I doubt that & we all know there were questionable contributions, but that doesn't make Buhari a thief or criminal... except we use the same standards that is being used against metuh & FFK...
Even with the police, there's a 99.9% certainty that you must have stolen or pilfered once such cases are brought against you.

3 Likes

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by fabre4: 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2016
GudluckIBB:

have you seen any hard copy evidence pointing to the fact that 2.1 billion arms deal existed besides buhari promised to release the list on democracy day why didn't he...don't get me wrong I don't support corruption and i know every single politician in this country steals taxpayers money including pdp and apc saints though I don't like buharis style of governance I enjoy watching politicians go to jail for stealing our money but saying JEG and his government stole 2.1 billion dollars in the space of six months is a blatant lie, it is a facade and a fallacy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by fabre4: 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
GudluckIBB:

have you seen any hard copy evidence pointing to the fact that 2.1 billion arms deal existed besides buhari promised to release the list on democracy day why didn't he...don't get me wrong I don't support corruption and i know every single politician in this country steals taxpayers money including pdp and apc saints though I don't like buharis style of governance I enjoy watching politicians go to jail for stealing our money but saying JEG and his government stole 2.1 billion dollars in the space of six months is a blatant lie, it is a facade and a fallacy

1 Like

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by knightsTempler: 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2016
While y'all deliberating if there's anything like $2.1billion arms deal, here is something to chew on, cuz i might get in trouble.

I woke up this morning, and behold the moon was sitting in my parlor! The wahala now is how do I return it to EFCC without receiving the Metuh, Kalu and Dasuki kind of treatment. Cos our DSS with their sophisticated wizardry might just snoop around my location and you know what will follow! A 5%er like me. As a chief critic of Ayatollah emeritus 'Dr' fresident Buhari, I pity my blackened ass as I may not survive the kind prison sentence that will be handed down to me. How dare I criticise our amiable 'Dr'? How dare I allow the moon enter my house? I don enter gbege oh! Somebody help!
Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by ivandragon: 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
MalcoImX:
Even with the police, there's a 99.9% certainty that you must have stolen or pilfered once such cases are brought against you.

that means you haven't had any issues with our Nigerian Police... & I pray you don't. but if I should follow your analysis, it means that 99.9% of those killed by police 'stray bullets' or shot because of their refusal to give N50 at illegal checkpoints are guilty of 'whatever crime' they supposedly committed. my good Malcolm, I think I understand your position on this matter, but I also think that what is good for the goose, is good for the gander. there are petitions against staunch financial members of the APC, its only fair that the probe is extended to them also. that way, we remove the notion of 'victimization & sacred 'goats'.
Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by SoluB: 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2016
The #Arms probe is a big scam! When PDP, comes to power in 2019, We will probe and persecute Apc members just as Buhari is doing now

2 Likes

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by vankaid: 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
GudluckIBB:

400 million naira is just alittle above $1 million but we are talking about $2.1 billion. That is $2,100 million dollars.
can you even see the gap?
Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by MalcoImX: 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
ivandragon:

that means you haven't had any issues with our Nigerian Police... & I pray you don't. but if I should follow your analysis, it means that 99.9% of those killed by police 'stray bullets' or shot because of their refusal to give N50 at illegal checkpoints are guilty of 'whatever crime' they supposedly committed. my good Malcolm, I think I understand your position on this matter, but I also think that what is good for the goose, is good for the gander. there are petitions against staunch financial members of the APC, its only fair that the probe is extended to them also. that way, we remove the notion of 'victimization & sacred 'goats'.
This is too weighty. Anybody who was accused of corruption to the tune of millions and billions and pledged to return or not protest without being guilty is a saint.
The way GEJ left this country was so bad that nobody could rule if there weren't tradeoffs. GEJ and former heads would surely be guillotined if an all out war is declared. I am quite aware during the electioneering of APC saying no former head would face any investigation except if found to have done treasonable acts. This is to heal wounds and allow the country to move.
And this particular case that's raising dust is just one out of hundreds. It would only be an issue if anybody associated with the arms scandal is left off the hook because he's associated to Buhari and APC. As far as this case is concerned, nobody has raised any selective prosecution.

1 Like

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2016
HtwoOw:
Contract kickback is not corruption??

Its not arm deal though its corruption.
Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by ivandragon: 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2016
MalcoImX:
This is too weighty. Anybody who was accused of corruption to the tune of millions and billions and pledged to return or not protest without being guilty is a saint.
The way GEJ left this country was so bad that nobody could rule if there weren't tradeoffs. GEJ and former heads would surely be guillotined if an all out war is declared. I am quite aware during the electioneering of APC saying no former head would face any investigation except if found to have done treasonable acts. This is to heal wounds and allow the country to move.
And this particular case that's raising dust is just one out of hundreds. It would only be an issue if anybody associated with the arms scandal is left off the hook because he's associated to Buhari and APC. As far as this case is concerned, nobody has raised any selective prosecution.

so those who wrecked their states to fund the APC should be left alone? by the way, why does the FG want a secret trial for Dasuki? why publicly ridicule some persons who 'returned' arms money but cover some? what about the 'contracts' carried out by Buratai? wasn't it 'arms deal' money too? most of the information we have on the arms deal, has been provided by this government, those who try to proclaim their innocence are quickly rounded up & kept incommunicado? why? again, fighting corruption is good, but let the same hard stance be used against the APC too.
Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by MalcoImX: 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
ivandragon:

so those who wrecked their states to fund the APC should be left alone? by the way, why does the FG want a secret trial for Dasuki? why publicly ridicule some persons who 'returned' arms money but cover some? what about the 'contracts' carried out by Buratai? wasn't it 'arms deal' money too? most of the information we have on the arms deal, has been provided by this government, those who try to proclaim their innocence are quickly rounded up & kept incommunicado? why? again, fighting corruption is good, but let the same hard stance be used against the APC too.
We may be arguing from our presumptions. I probably trust Buhari and you possibly don't see anything good in him. But that notwithstanding, I know one thing. It takes courage to take on economic saboteurs with billions of stolen resources who are ready to fight back. Then and now, Buhari has always been responsible for any consequences of his actions. He may be circumspect now, maybe because of age, but he's never lacking in decision. Like Solomon, God will protect him and provide for him because he fights for what he believes in and tries to be fair.
Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by Rolings: 7:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
Bethelwealthy:

Olisa Metuh says he'll return campaign money back, not arms deal money. If you have good memory, did you remember that PDP did launching for Campagne?? If you remember that now, you should also remember that #59billion was raised for the campaign. ............................ This govt has successfully brain-washed those ignorance citizens to belief that every money release to individuals who are just playing the roles the party gave them to play come from some "imaginary" arms-deal. Which Arms-deal?? If memory serves me right, i remember that the only money Jonathan proposed was just $1Billuon and i also remember that d NASS blocked it. Thats why Jonathan had to go thru blackmarket thru south-africa to buy arms since they wouldnt approve even a simple $2billion for him. Yet people with formatted brains will still want to kill themselves aguing an IDIOTIC arms deal..........

But why would you agree to return money that is legitimate or are you saying campaign funds is illegitimate?
The law allows parties to raise money for campaign and parties even get funds from INEC. If METUH was sure the money was really from PDPcampaign funds why return it why?
You are basing your argument on inaccurate premise. For one the 2.1billion arms money is an estimate of various contracts awarded and monies voted towards purchasing arms to fight the insurgency it's not a lump sum. And NASS approved the 1billion dollars for Jonathan ,they went to south Africa to get arms because the west has blocked other sources not because the loan was not approved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by phemmyutd(m): 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2016
Bethelwealthy:

LIAR !!!
PDP raised N21.27b. Where did you got your own N59b ?

Abi na your papa add join?

www.nairaland.com/2801792/where-pdp-21-billion-2015

1 Like

Re: How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] by StOla: 7:56pm On Jul 06, 2016
Before Wadata plaza succeeds in reinventing history. Was this over $300M not part of the funds received by the ONSA to fight boko haram as recent as January 2015? Did it not find it's way into PDP umbrella envelopes and distributed all over the country?

$2.1B is the totality of monies embezzled through the office of the ONSA in the initial charge levelled against Dasuki. At no time has the present government claimed it was a single allocation to the ONSA that was embezzled. Now this government has even unravelled more monies outside of the initial charge of $2.1B, and still siphoned to the PDP through the ONSA.

In a sane society, indicted PDP members would have been committing suicide already to prevent a justice that must surely come.

Or is it the money generated from PDP's fundraising that was given to Okonjo Iweala and later transferred to Dasuki on Jonathan's approval?

PDP should kindly shut up and wait for the judgement that is coming in batches already.

"The NSA has explained that this is to enable the purchase of ammunitions, security and other intelligence equipment for the security agencies in order to enable them fully confront the ongoing boko haram threat"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Akwa Ibom Senator Godswill Akpabio Dumps PDP For APC, Obasanjo, T / Peter Obi Live On Arise Tv / Photos Of Emir Of Kano's Daughters, Wives, Daughter-in-law & Other Female Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.