Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,784 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

A Look At Buhari's Sectional Appointments. By Joebecks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Look At Buhari's Sectional Appointments. By Joebecks (858 Views)

Fayose Absent At Buhari's Meeting With State Governors In Aso Rock / Asari Dokubo Laughs At Buhari: "Rat Sent By God To Chase Buhari Like Pharaoh" / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Look At Buhari's Sectional Appointments. By Joebecks by joebeckz(m): 10:14am On Jul 06, 2016
I am very guilty checking names of every appointment made by the president like most people do, the difference is, I smile and wish them luck because my grief wouldn't change a thing and I have no other country aside Nigeria so I have got to pray she succeeds so I can have a better place for me and my generation. While Nigeria is a federation of several nations that need to forge ahead within the provision of the laws of the land such as the federal character, the reality of the Nigerian state has tempted me to thinker as to if I really care if Buhari brought COMPETENT foreigners to fix Nigeria. Before May 29, 2015, xtians crashed the Nigerian ship, not for the first time. This was just so they could blame the other religion? I have always been bothered about two national questions: religion and ethnicity. To fix Nigeria is not to assume the two hydra-headed monsters does not exit but to manipulate both to our advantage. We need to go beyond mediocrity to meritocracy. Can we really say that Buhari's appointees are less qualified? Yes I know you will ask that question. 'Can we say there are no equally qualified people in other regions of the federation?' NO. The question should be, can Buhari work with them? Will they be loyal to him if they don't even believe he can lead this country? The state I come from calls Buhari an illiterate (Ausa /Fulani) and it is no lie that we only get comfortable around people who believe in us and trust us. I think our job as followers is to make our leaders accountable to us. We owe our children this singular responsibility and not cash into ethnicity and region. Leadership shouldn't be about religion and ethnicity. It should be about meritocracy and not mediocrity. While i am worried about the the excesses of rougue elements within Islamic religion, I am equally worried about the proliferation of churches in Nigeria and the level of crime. I am worried about our xtian born again as much as I am worried about Muslim extremists. While you think the Muslim extremist go bloody and should be reprimanded more, the xtian born again who strips you softly and 'consciously' using the name of God (that he does not in fact represent as he carries stolen funds in their private jets) worries me, for that is not my perception of xtian religion. Let us face it. We are unique because we are Nigerians. Let no body manipulate us. At least not for this long.
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: A Look At Buhari's Sectional Appointments. By Joebecks by drazenn(m): 10:23am On Jul 06, 2016
Well written bro. Our disposition as Nigerians most be patriotic for us to move forward as a nation. The National question of ethnicity and religion is a question that must be overcome for us to make progress as a people. When the deputy senate president was due to appear in court to answer charges on forgery, he choose to appear in the Igbo regalia to stir sentiments to his Ohaneze nation that, indeed d igbo nation was been targeted. This is d tragedy of the Nigerian nation.
We need to grow. Mods should move this to front page.
cc:Mynd44
cc:OAM4J
Cc:lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: A Look At Buhari's Sectional Appointments. By Joebecks by amaechi1: 10:34am On Jul 06, 2016
??o pathetic our generation has allowed these greedy politicians to sway our mind from the real issue. We have forgotten, we have 6 political zone and each zone has different ethnic nationality. For example the newly appointed IG is from Nupe, Niger state and a christian.

3 Likes

Re: A Look At Buhari's Sectional Appointments. By Joebecks by chivic(m): 10:48am On Jul 06, 2016
But if we must grow people in authority should not create scenes that worsen the situation. As I can confidently say that what the current administration is doing,is deepening the religious and ethnic problem we have.And never in the history of this country has it been so pronounced at the center.

I'm sorry to say this!
more education,learning and social mix up from the president would have positively changed his mentality and influence his appointments concept
Re: A Look At Buhari's Sectional Appointments. By Joebecks by joebeckz(m): 10:57am On Jul 06, 2016
chivic:
But if we must grow people in authority should not create scenes that worsen the situation. As I can confidently say that what the current administration is doing,is deepening the religious and ethnic problem we have.And never in the history of this country has it been so pronounced at the center.

I'm sorry to say this!
more education,learning and social mix up from the president would have positively changed his mentality and influence his appointments concept
U are right about Mr president making disparity clear amongst us but I also believe we should not cry a river but Watch and demand results since he chose his team of experts himself. At the end, we could clearly blame him and the northern team for a poor performance if they don't do well. Let's unite and pray they succeed.

1 Like

Re: A Look At Buhari's Sectional Appointments. By Joebecks by Histrings08(m): 11:02am On Jul 06, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: A Look At Buhari's Sectional Appointments. By Joebecks by drazenn(m): 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2016
amaechi1:
??o pathetic our generation has allowed these greedy politicians to sway our mind from the real issue. We have forgotten, we have 6 political zone and each zone has different ethnic nationality. For example the newly appointed IG is from Nupe, Niger state and a christian.
Quite true.
Re: A Look At Buhari's Sectional Appointments. By Joebecks by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2016
may God punish all the moderators in every section of nairaland. what's the essence of me confirming if I'm a Muslim before I can make comments or quote someone when the Muslims can say rubbish on any other religious thread at will? Nairaland is discriminatory and full of Islamic bigots who are in no way better than the talibans. Muslims always claim to be your friend but full of evil within. may allahu scatter Nigeria and break us from these evil hypocrites sharing the same nation with us.

moderators, you are free to ban me forever and ever.
rubbish!
Re: A Look At Buhari's Sectional Appointments. By Joebecks by drazenn(m): 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
rotimileke:
may God punish all the moderators in every section of nairaland. what's the essence of me confirming if I'm a Muslim before I can make comments or quote someone when the Muslims can say rubbish on any other religious thread at will? Nairaland is discriminatory and full of Islamic bigots who are in no way better than the talibans. Muslims always claim to be your friend but full of evil within. may allahu scatter Nigeria and break us from these evil hypocrites sharing the same nation with us.

moderators, you are free to ban me forever and ever.
rubbish!
Bro, who vex u like this?

(1) (Reply)

I'll Deal With Dino Melaye If He Beats My Wife- Tinubu / Steps To Recall A Senator In Nigeria (who Do We Recall First) / Breaking News: Father Identifies Chibok Girl Kidnapped By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.