Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan (5691 Views)

The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal After Ramadan / 5 Types Of Muslims You Always Find During Taraweeh / “what’s Next After Ramadan??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by GEJmustGO(f): 6:21pm On Jul 06, 2016
Is it sunnah or bid'ah ?
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by mokoshalb(m): 11:47am On Jul 08, 2016
You may continue, take it as a nafilat...
But shafuhi and watiri are both normal daily nafilat after the 5 compulsory salaat...

1 Like

Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by Badtman(m): 11:47am On Jul 08, 2016
No but you can fast the remaining Six

1 Like

Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by ogundeleai(m): 11:48am On Jul 08, 2016
The latter.
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by Bom4Real: 11:48am On Jul 08, 2016
Yes
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by aminho(m): 11:51am On Jul 08, 2016
Yes you can but not as tharawee its very good for Muslims to continue with that

1 Like

Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by muhazeen(m): 11:52am On Jul 08, 2016
Yes, of-course.
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by bams2999(m): 11:55am On Jul 08, 2016
Yes u can continua Taraweeh but is difference frm the Ramadan day
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by Bimpe29: 11:58am On Jul 08, 2016
Taraweeh ends once crescent for Shawwal has been sighted or on the 29th day (a night preceding) last day of Ramadan, when fasting is observed for full 30 days. Hence, what is left after Ramadan is normal night prayer, otherwise known as Tahajjud or Kiyamu Lay'l.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 08, 2016
GEJmustGO:
Is it sunnah or bid'ah ?

Is there a difference between taraweeh and tahajjud? Anyway Its not bid'ah......bid'ah is any religious practice the prophet pbuh did not establish.

WALLAHU'ALAM.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by Deen4me(m): 12:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
Tarawih Prayers are basically Tahajud prayers which all muslims are encouraged to make a habit of in or out of ramadan

The hadeeth of Abu Salamah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan, who asked ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), “How did the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) pray during Ramadaan?” She said: “He did not pray more than eleven rak’ahs in Ramadaan or at other times. He would pray four, and do not ask how beautiful and long they were, then he would pray four, and do not ask how beautiful and long they were, then he would pray three. I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, will you sleep before you pray Witr?’ He said, ‘O ‘Aa’ishah, my eyes sleep but my heart does not.’”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1909; Muslim, 738

They said: This hadeeth indicates that the Messenger of Allaah was consistent in his prayers at night in Ramadaan and at other times.

See link below for further clarifications

https://islamqa.info/en/143240
https://islamqa.info/en/9036

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
Badtman:
No but you can fast the remaining Six

Who is this?

1 Like

Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by xclusive43(m): 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
You can continue to pray as nafilah,but you then wouldn't call that taraweeh. It is then Night prayer.
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by maclatunji: 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
Bimpe29:
Taraweeh ends once crescent for Shawwal has been sighted or on the 29th day (a night preceding) last day of Ramadan, when fasting is observed for full 30 days. Hence, what is left after Ramadan is normal night prayer, otherwise known as Tahajjud or Kiyamu Lay'l.

I think this addresses the question. Your intention should not be that you are observing Taraweeh even if you are still observing the same format.

Allah knows best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by dekaz(m): 12:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
Yes , u can continue but note that it is not TARAWEEH anymore rather it is called nofilat as there is not limit to that.
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by Olaide1295: 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
Taraweeh ends with Ramadan. But you can perform voluntary solats(Nawafils) at night before you sleep or better still at the third of the night
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by Laid2001: 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
Allah says in the Quran, sura al Muzzamil (One who is wrrapped up )

"2. rise up in the night for prayer, except a little of it, 3. half of it, or a little less than that, 4 or a little more, and read the quran clearly in measured tone."

This shows that the extra Night prayer is not to be restricted to the ramadan period only!
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by GEJmustGO(f): 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
xclusive43:
You can continue to pray as nafilah,but you then wouldn't call that taraweeh. It is then Night prayer.
can i do it immediately after isha'i or must be in the mid night
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by mokoshalb(m): 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
yea after the 5 mandate prayers...between isha'i and fajr
GEJmustGO:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by Badtman(m): 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Who is this?
na pesin shey dem no teach you about rajab Fasting
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by xclusive43(m): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
GEJmustGO:
whatever time suits you.But its best if you do it in late night hours.
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
Badtman:
na pesin shey dem no teach you about rajab Fasting

You said she shouldn't continue night prayers.....
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by Badtman(m): 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
lexiconkabir:

You said she shouldn't continue night prayers.....
Please read the comment again, i didn't said so
Re: Can I Continue With Taraweeh After Ramadan by Ifeola1: 10:58am On Jul 17, 2016
pls can we still performed safuhi and witri in congregation (jamah)

(1) (Reply)

If U Are A Muslim, Pls Come Over Here. Muslims Only. / Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Misconception Of Salat Tarawih: Bid'a or Sunnah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.