Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again (32455 Views)

Xenophobia: International Criminal Court To Probe Zuma, Zulu King / There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! / Drug Gangs Strike Back In Rio’s ‘pacified’ Slums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by soloqy: 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2009
vanni

well done jare
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by otokx(m): 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2009
It is a pity.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by LeilaniMSP: 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2009
At SJeezy

Other Nigerians feel vindicated. This is not about the western view of the African world. This is about the entire world view. Other african countries view us as crooks not knowing there are actually some with bachelors degree, masters and for numerous others like me, a PhD. Yes. We have normal jobs. Even worst case scenario for those without a degree, we see elderly women in their late 50's and 60's working HARD working in warehouses, security jobs, janitorial jobs, lifting group home residents, washing white people's asses, feeding them and babysitting them and getting paid a mere 8-10 dollars per hours. I know People like the latter still buy cars and send them home to their families through hard earned sweat. Yes, WE FEEL VINDICATED because we are all NOT criminals.

You sound like you do the same thing or you know them otherwise you wouldn't get on me for using that word.

And my hubby and I were invited to the party all the way from TX. It didn't make any sense travelling down there to attend an excessive party thrown for a 21year old. I have a facebook too. SHe had her 21yr old party basically 2 months before that and I guess they decided to throw a second one but this time, with ankara and gele. I felt it was excessive. I have sisters older than her and younger than her. Younger kids nowadays should be taught about the value of hard work. If we work hard and set better examples, we can all be successful.

I will continue to speak publicly about my disgust with criminals that always seek the easy way out. Credit Card Fraud is mainly and Nigerian thing and it needs to STOP!
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by LeilaniMSP: 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
My brother, the one after me was getting side tracked for a little bit there but I set him straight! Now he is finished in school and on his way to Law school. HARD WORK PAYS!!!
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by vanni(f): 2:54pm On Sep 11, 2009
soloqy:

vanni

well done jare

thanks dear
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by bidemi12(m): 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2009
@LeilaniMSP i swear i think i know sjeezy's problem. He is in denial and watches too many films. for him it is okay for a 20 old in the US to be driving around in posh cars when he does not have meaningful employment. Most people think once you arrive here, you will be picking silver and gold from the streets. That is why some get into serious trouble when reality collides with expectations. Like i said too many films. Also i do not care what crimes other people from other countries commit, i care what image the people of my country if portraying. even if it is 1 out of 150 million it still matters. That boy is seriously in denial
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by soloqy: 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2009
bidemi12:

@LeilaniMSP i swear i think i know sjeezy's problem. He is in denial and watches too many films. for him it is okay for a 20 old in the US to be driving around in posh cars when he does not have meaningful employment. Most people think once you arrive here, you will be picking silver and gold from the streets. That is why some get into serious trouble when reality collides with expectations. Like i said too many films. Also i do not care what crimes other people from other countries commit, i care what image the people of my country if portraying. even if it is 1 out of 150 million it still matters. That boy is seriously in denial

Spot on.

Your views are the views i expressed on the sony and district 9 threads and of course, you would always have people(terribly in denial, as you rightly said) jumping in to defend, excuse and deny the obvious.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by vanni(f): 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2009
bidemi12:

Well said
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by oge4real(f): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2009
Naija again?? I wonder what Sonny will say if they hear this.
Also, I think the process of obtaining passport should involve presentation of certificate of origin from the village, maybe we will then be certain that all "Nigerian" criminals abroad are actually from Nigeria.
I think an average black man involved in crime just obtains a copy of our passport and goes on to commit atrocities, afterall they will blame it on us.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by moade: 5:54pm On Sep 11, 2009
This guys are for real the name FOWOSERE is not fictitious at all. I know the fowosere family. In fact i know the three of them personally. It just a pity, this is a case of "ENI A WI FUN OBA JE OGBO" these guys were warned to stop. jst too bad. well i hope others learn. They give our country a bad name.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by vanni(f): 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2009
This is a Picture of Yewande Sholebo, the young thief, who is still at LARGE, the search to hunt her down continues,

Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by AloyEmeka6: 6:45pm On Sep 11, 2009
This is a Picture of Yewande Sholebo, the young thief, who is still at LARGE, the search to hunt her down continues,

It looks like she spent all her loot on bleaching cream.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by AloyEmeka6: 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2009
LeilaniMSP:

At SJeezy

Other Nigerians feel vindicated.  This is not about the western view of the African world.  This is about the entire world view.  Other african countries view us as crooks not knowing there are actually some with bachelors degree, masters and for numerous others like me, a PhD.  Yes. We have normal jobs.  Even worst case scenario for those without a degree, we see elderly women in their late 50's and 60's working HARD working in warehouses, security jobs, janitorial jobs, lifting group home residents, washing white people's asses, feeding them and babysitting them and getting paid a mere 8-10 dollars per hours.  I know People like the latter still buy cars and send them home to their families through hard earned sweat.  Yes, WE FEEL VINDICATED because we are all NOT criminals.   

You sound like you do the same thing or you know them otherwise you wouldn't get on me for using that word. 

And my hubby and I were invited to the party all the way from TX.  It didn't make any sense travelling down there to attend an excessive party thrown for a 21year old.  I have a facebook too.  SHe had her 21yr old party basically 2 months before that and I guess they decided to throw a second one but this time, with ankara and gele.  I felt it was excessive.  I have sisters older than her and younger than her.  Younger kids nowadays should be taught about the value of hard work.  If we work hard and set better examples, we can all be successful. 

I will continue to speak publicly about my disgust with criminals that always seek the easy way out.  Credit Card Fraud is mainly and Nigerian thing and it needs to STOP!

God bless you. I think you should ignore that spoilt brat.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by AloyEmeka6: 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2009
LeilaniMSP:

FYI,  It is not yetunde sholebo, It is yewande sholebo and she is not a pretty girl.  That is all as a result of makeup and weave.  People that have seen her in person knws.  And she didn't get reeled into this scam thing by her boyfriend.  The other woman inthe group and three other men in the group are all her older cousins, aunties, uncles.  It was a family thing.  She was too carried away.  Every weekend, come and see facebook bombared and suffereing from all the party pictures and true religion jeans?

And yes, Toyin IS Oseni, the nairaland mercedes seller.  Good boy too but maybe started hanging with the wrong people.  He has a lot of respect and is very polite.  When he sees me and my hubby, he is porstrating everywhere and that is the way he carries himself with other people.  I'm sure he only got arrested by association.  I hope they let him go because I still refuse to believe such anice young man took that route. 

They obviously forgot to coach her on her to shut the Bleep up and stay away from facebook. I am sure if given a right chance, she wouldn't choose that lifestyle. May be she was brought into America by these older relatives whom she feels indebted to.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by sjeezy8: 6:49pm On Sep 11, 2009
LeilaniMSP:

At SJeezy

Other Nigerians feel vindicated. This is not about the western view of the African world. This is about the entire world view. Other african countries view us as crooks not knowing there are actually some with bachelors degree, masters and for numerous others like me, a PhD. Yes. We have normal jobs. Even worst case scenario for those without a degree, we see elderly women in their late 50's and 60's working HARD working in warehouses, security jobs, janitorial jobs, lifting group home residents, washing white people's asses, feeding them and babysitting them and getting paid a mere 8-10 dollars per hours. I know People like the latter still buy cars and send them home to their families through hard earned sweat. Yes, WE FEEL VINDICATED because we are all NOT criminals.

And my hubby and I were invited to the party all the way from TX. It didn't make any sense travelling down there to attend an excessive party thrown for a 21year old. I have a facebook too. SHe had her 21yr old party basically 2 months before that and I guess they decided to throw a second one but this time, with ankara and gele. I felt it was excessive. I have sisters older than her and younger than her. Younger kids nowadays should be taught about the value of hard work. If we work hard and set better examples, we can all be successful.

I will continue to speak publicly about my disgust with criminals that always seek the easy way out. Credit Card Fraud is mainly and Nigerian thing and it needs to STOP!

It is about how the Americans will view Nigerians in America, if it weren't i wouldn't care. I have no problem with them catching these idiots, its the part about NIGERIAN being published and branded all over the TV/newspapers that i have a problem with. As if they're isnt any Honest working Nigerians out there.
and obviously you are not speaking publicly about it, cause if you were your face would be on the news or news papers, as a person/Nigerian who aided the police, but it wasn't .
The stigma of Nigerian fraud is caused more by the Media than by Nigerians who actually commit the crime.

I myself believe in honesty and hardwork, so your insuating me doing 419 is totally incorrect. Im not defending criminals, im defending Nigerians who are hard working but still labeled as fraudsters for being Nigerian. My point is that why cant the media Leave out the Nigerian part or ever put a good article about those Nigerians such as yourself who are against fraudulent Nigerians such as the fools who got caught.

Petty fraud is committed by Nigerians no doubt, but the LARGER amounts of fraud in the Numbers of millions and billions of dollars, are committed by people such as Bernie Madoff, Albert Gonzalez, and James Davis of stanford group. While the ethnic group they belong to isn't being persecuted like Nigerians are.

If you dont understand, than good luck im sure you will understand in the future.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by vanni(f): 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2009
Still on Yewande, she goes by the name Yewandesho on twitter and Wendy on my space

Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by vanni(f): 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

It looks like she spent all her loot on bleaching cream.

lol lol lol,
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2009
nice hotpants.

I have some leggings like that but they only cost $10 or so. I dont even wear them in public anyway as my figure no fine like hers.

cut your coat according to your size- wise maxim.

I hope she didnt buy her own for $1000.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by sjeezy8: 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

God bless you. I think you should ignore that spoilt brat.

you're missing the point it isn't about them being caught its about the negative part about Nigerians the media ONLY shows.

Lol @spoilt brat

funny chick i see you are
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by AloyEmeka6: 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
www.nairaland.com/attachments/179565_m_86f6117557ca4b058e67d72ddfccef66_jpg88f7b91873caa2220c8874fd7d84870e

This is so gross. What kind of color riot  attire is this? She looks like Ijele masqurade. Is this what she spent her loot on? Oversized blue shoes and red shokoto?. Her bleaching is so apparent and disgusting.

Can we get her before and after pictures please?
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by sjeezy8: 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2009
bidemi12:

Watching to much films?

I seriously pity Nigerians because African Americans like Cornel west, Roland martin,and Michael Eric dyson get how the media potrays blacks negatively despite the many positives. The point is why must the media bradnish ALL Nigerians as being fradulent or black criminals.

Aloy~Emeka:

This is so gross. What kind of color riot attire is this? She looks like Ijele masqurade. Is this what she spent her loot on? Oversized blue shoes and red shokoto?. Her bleaching is so apparent and disgusting.

HER SHOES ARE HOTT and from her pics she can dress better than PLENTY of NAIJA babe

STYLISH CHICK
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 11, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/179565_m_86f6117557ca4b058e67d72ddfccef66_jpg88f7b91873caa2220c8874fd7d84870e

This is so gross. What kind of color riot  attire is this? She looks like Ijele masqurade. Is this what she spent her loot on? Oversized blue shoes and red shokoto?. Her bleaching is so apparent and disgusting.

its called leggings and that glitter is what goes now.

her color coordination is weird but I guess she was trying to rock the American colors of red white and blue since she's living the American dream albeit illegally.

Mine are dark sha. Red looks too stripper-ish.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 11, 2009
She has a twitter account? What do people twit about? shocked
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by soloqy: 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2009
sjeezy8:

Watching to much films?

I seriously pity Nigerians because African Americans like Cornel west, Roland martin,and Michael Eric dyson get how the media potrays blacks negatively despite the many positives. The point is why must the media bradnish ALL Nigerians as being fradulent or black criminals.

HER SHOES ARE HOTT and from her pics she can dress better than PLENTY of NAIJA babe

STYLISH CHICK
It depends on the kind of NAIJA Babes you have been meeting.

tpia.:

her color coordination is weird but I guess she was trying to rock the American colors of red white and blue since she's living the American dream albeit illegally.

hmmmm

The way the Naija girls abroad dress is quite different from the way Naija girls here dress.

Also, there seems also a disparity in what is termed *hot* amongst the two sides of the divide.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by sjeezy8: 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2009
^^^ well obviously naija babes abroad dress hotter. Seeing as how Nigeria isn't considered a very stylish country in terms of western dressing.

and the babes in naija are influenced by those abroad when it comes to western style of dressing
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by AloyEmeka6: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2009
sjeezy8:

^^^ [b]well obviously naija babes abroad dress hotte[/b]r. Seeing as how Nigeria isn't considered a very stylish country in terms of western dressing.

You are joking, aren't you?. Americans are one of the worst dressed people besides Asians. Why is she dressed like someone in soul train?. Come Naija and see chics repping us tight.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by AloyEmeka6: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2009
tpia.:

Is her bleaching also stylish?. Her feet looks like smoked fish while her face looks like fanta. Where is Fela?
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by sjeezy8: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

You are joking, aren't you?. Americans are one of the worst dressed people besides Asians. Why is she dressed like someone in soul train?. Come Naija and see chics repping us tight.

I didn't say Americans i said ABROAD sorry to burst your bubble but IN TERMS OF WERSTERN FASHION naija aint on the map.

and im in naija 3-4 times a year and all the naija babes i kow dress like their from JAND or yankee when they dress western
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by AloyEmeka6: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2009
sjeezy8:

I didn't say Americans i said ABROAD sorry to burst your bubble but IN TERMS OF WERSTERN FASHION naija aint on the map.

African fashion is not fashion, abi?. Your initial statement was about fashion and not western fashion.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by sjeezy8: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

African fashion is not fashion, abi?. Your initial statement was about fashion and not western fashion.

African fashion is fashion but my initial statement was about HER STYLE OF DRESSING which is western not African.

i think you need glasses
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by soloqy: 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2009
sjeezy8:

and im in naija 3-4 times a year and all the naija babes i kow dress like their from JAND or yankee when they dress western

Bros, like I said earlier, it depends on the kind of naija girls you have been meeting.

Dont know what you mean about world fashion but when it comes to dressing, the Naija girls here(The ones I know) do it good.

Am sorry to burst your bubbles but what you guys do over there isnt anything to write home about.

The ones you meet are maybe the ones copying the american style but ya need to see better things, obviously
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by sjeezy8: 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2009
soloqy:

Bros, like I said earlier, it depends on the kind of naija girls you have been meeting.

Dont know what you mean about world fashion but when it comes to dressing, the Naija girls here(The ones I know) do it good.

Am sorry to burst your bubbles but what you guys do over there isnt anything to write home about.

The ones you meet, maybe the ones copying the american style but ya need to see better things, obviously

lol sorry i offended you by telling the truth. When in naija IDONT SEE BABES WEARING ANKARA EVERYDAY ok

and when they dress in western style its always like those in England or America, since jeans and t shirt aren't african dressiing

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Raging Wildfires Destroy California ( Pix, Video) / Pakistan Conduct Retaliatory Strikes In Iran, After Warning Of Consequence (pics / Donald Trump's Twitter Account Has Been Restored

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.