Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,447 members, 7,833,568 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG (9063 Views)

Femi Adesina: ‘Okechukwu’ Buhari won’t abandon south-east / Governor Dickson Visits Fayose, Inspects Ongoing Projects In Ekiti With Him / Niger Delta: FG Sets Up C'ttee To Recover Illegal Arms And Stop Spate Of Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by revolt(m): 8:30am On Jul 07, 2016
obailala:
Was there ever a plan to abandon any of the projects?
i was wondering same thing!! Even the so called ogoni clean up, Apc scam propaganda!!
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by obailala(m): 8:33am On Jul 07, 2016
007Nasky:
did he include d ministry of niger delta in d buget
Did he ever exclude it?... Please tell me cos I'm sure that is the sort of rubbish story which beer parlour propagandists has been spreading to gullible people who have refused to source for information themselves. Why would he exclude ND ministry from the budget but still appoint pastor Usani as the minister?
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by passionate88: 8:35am On Jul 07, 2016
obailala:
5% was mainly on appointments.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by passionate88: 8:35am On Jul 07, 2016
obailala:
5% was mainly on appointments.
we didn't think so.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by temptnow: 8:39am On Jul 07, 2016
It's our oil, and we deserve all the proceeds. Period. It's not negotiable
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by eisenbruck: 8:40am On Jul 07, 2016
hmm d one you have started or d one you have nt
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by lailo: 8:56am On Jul 07, 2016
Jonathan awarded ordinary gutter for his pple in 2010 and could not finish it in 5 years.What a shame.Now if APC complete same work in 6 months and commission it,some pple will say it is dia hero that bla bla bla
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by DonCortino: 9:02am On Jul 07, 2016
obailala:
Was there ever a plan to abandon any of the projects?
Ask amechi.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by wolextayo: 9:06am On Jul 07, 2016
omolola15:

That project was awarded in 2010...yet to be completed. Do you know where the money is? In the pocket of some fat polithiefians. They'll not ask you not to buy rice 300 or beans for 250.. But cause you greater damage by looting money meant for infrastructure. Do you know what the people of that region are going through right now because one useless contractor and politician refused to fix that road? Not just that region alone. Many projects abandoned. Money dem don chop.
Thanks, I understand your point

omolola15:

If enduring now for a better future is what it takes to have a better Nigeria. Then I'll gladly buy rice for 1000 and beans for 900.
But I'll admit that you're self centred, why can you consider your fellow Nigerians that can't afford all these. I'm not in support of the looters but at least 'a devil known for a long time is better than brand new angel'. The new incentives of this administration is quite devastating.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by DonCortino: 9:06am On Jul 07, 2016
abdulwizzy:
This wailers self, they seem to wail over every little thing. Especially the good ones.
What good what?

Maritime university- cancelled by amechi
2 niger bridge in onitsha - abandoned

And u are spewing trash! You think we are brainless and easily deceived like you morons?
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 07, 2016
I am from the SS. There is no Federal Road as the existing ones are covered by weeds and upassable even by okada. I refuse to believe we are one Nigeria.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by omolola15(m): 9:28am On Jul 07, 2016
wolextayo:

Thanks, I understand your point

But I'll admit that you're self centred, why can you consider your fellow Nigerians that can't afford all these. I'm not in support of the looters but at least 'a devil known for a long time is better than brand new angel'. The new incentives of this administration is quite devastating.

I'm not self centered and i dont even know how much a bowl of rice is sold. But the last time i bought a 25kg of rice for 7k. It used to be 5,500 before. I did complain but I understand the situation.

Now my point is, everything is expensive now but do you know one way or the other people are still eating rice. It's one of the food people eat the most. And people never stopped buying. So no matter how expensive it'll get. Believe me Nigerians will cope. That's one thing about us in this country. We always endure. We don't kuku have any other choice self.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by jules123(m): 9:50am On Jul 07, 2016
President Buhari won't abandon the Niger-Delta projects, I think the dullards call Niger Delta Avengers and other so called militants will do more to extent their bombings and destructions to the projects, so that, they can achieve their evil plots in shutting down Niger Delta for good. Shame how people reason for selfish interest.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by goldeno10boy: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2016
Have seen alot of wailers and haters in resent time but i have a question for you all.
If you were able to go back in time will you:
1: Prefer GEJ continue as president
or
2: you will still vote PMB

Share if you answer is (1)
Like if your answer is (2)
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by 007Nasky(m): 10:03am On Jul 07, 2016
obailala:
Did he ever exclude it?... Please tell me cos I'm sure that is the sort of rubbish story which beer parlour propagandists has been spreading to gullible people who have refused to source for information themselves. Why would he exclude ND ministry from the budget but still appoint pastor Usani as the minister?
Hw much was bugeted 4 them_check n tell me
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by Alezy(m): 10:23am On Jul 07, 2016
omolola15:

That project was awarded in 2010...yet to be completed. Do you know where the money is? In the pocket of some fat polithiefians. They'll not ask you not to buy rice 300 or beans for 250.. But cause you greater damage by looting money meant for infrastructure. Do you know what the people of that region are going through right now because one useless contractor and politician refused to fix that road? Not just that region alone. Many projects abandoned. Money dem don chop.

If enduring now for a better future is what it takes to have a better Nigeria. Then I'll gladly buy rice for 1000 and beans for 900.
I don't even know what to say to you. The last two sentences u made is so funny.

so in this country we are, u honestly waiting at Ur detriment for this FG to create a better future for you?? u will even buy rice at a thousand naira? ? Jezz.

This is the exact reason these politicians will still have followers even when we know they are all thieves. smh
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by Pecca: 10:26am On Jul 07, 2016
cosmetics surgery.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by obailala(m): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2016
007Nasky:
Hw much was bugeted 4 them_check n tell me
why dont u check and tell me, including the nddc.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by obailala(m): 10:39am On Jul 07, 2016
DonCortino:

What good what?

Maritime university- cancelled by amechi
2 niger bridge in onitsha - abandoned

And u are spewing trash! You think we are brainless and easily deceived like you morons?
You just insulted somone of being brainless and the argument you bring forward is that 2nd niger bridge has been abandoned. Its obvious you and a lot of other pained bad belles are actually wishing and praying for that bridge to be cancelled or abandoned for no other reason but just so you can get the opportunity to criticise govt, quite ridiculous.

Just the same way you guys are happy over the bombing of pipelines and its crippling effect on the economy. You don't really care about the sufferings it brings (e.g. the unpaid salaries across states), you are just happy over the opportunity to criticise govt, very ridiculous.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by nzemila(m): 10:40am On Jul 07, 2016
golor:
Mr president, for the sake of oneness,pls don't abandon the project.......

We still believe in you,in fact, I take responsibility for the hardship going on in our mother land now,truly it not your fault,it our fault allowing evil to prevail by many past administration to go on in our mother land. We know to build a different structure is not easy,me and many other reasonable Nigerian knows that it not easy.

The difference between you nd jonathan is that you both re good men,but jonathan party didn't want him to work,thats why they went ahead stealing every here and then,whereas your party wants you to work....

Rid on my president...

part of that road is not complete, i mean around that EKE NDIAWA community. maybe the contractors has swallowed that part money.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by DonCortino: 10:42am On Jul 07, 2016
obailala:
You just insulted somone of being brainless and the argument you bring forward is that 2nd niger bridge has been abandoned. Its obvious you and a lot of other pained bad belles are actually wishing and praying for that bridge to be cancelled or abandoned for no other reason but just so you can get the opportunity to criticise govt, quite ridiculous.
I observed u completely or deliberately ignored the maritime university! Hmm
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by obailala(m): 10:44am On Jul 07, 2016
DonCortino:

I observed u completely or deliberately ignored the maritime university! Hmm
I observed you also just avoided the false 2nd niger bridge part which you intentionally included to drive emotions.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by DonCortino: 10:48am On Jul 07, 2016
obailala:
I observed you also just avoided the false 2nd niger bridge part which you intentionally included to drive emotions.
Yes work on the 2nd niger bridge in onitsha has been stopped. Why?
And u said I support d NDA, pls point out to me where I support their actions?
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by omolola15(m): 10:57am On Jul 07, 2016
Alezy:
I don't even know what to say to you. The last two sentences u made is so funny.

so in this country we are, u honestly waiting at Ur detriment for this FG to create a better future for you?? u will even buy rice at a thousand naira? ? Jezz.

This is the exact reason these politicians will still have followers even when we know they are all thieves. smh

Did I say politicians are saints? Even when a politician is stealing our money, they should at least remember to do something for us. Stealing us dry and doing nothing is absolutely bad. A project awarded since 2010. Haba it's not fair.

If rice gets to 1000 we'll still buy. it's not like we have any other option. I'm not waiting for the FG to create a better future for me, I'm working and I'm making my money. But FG can create a better future for this country. By giving us stable electricity, good roads and buy petrol at cheaper rates.

So next time I'll appreciate if you understand me better before quoting me. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by obailala(m): 11:06am On Jul 07, 2016
DonCortino:

Yes work on the 2nd niger bridge in onitsha has been stopped. Why?
And u said I support d NDA, pls point out to me where I support their actions?
Maybe not you, but a lot of people support them, and I had a feeling you sounded like one of them when you blamed this govt of abandoning the 2nd niger bridge, knowing fully well that the bridge was marked as a priority project in its first budget.

FYI, that the bridge was abandoned in 2015 (just like numerous other projects) was because zero naira was budgeted for the project in 2015 so contractors left the site; the 2015 budget wasnt drawn by this administration and you and I know it has taken this admin forever to settle down or even sign their budget.

And regarding abandoned projects, to the best of my knowledge, only the maritime uni has been abandoned in the ND with the plan to upgrade the Oron institute instead due to paucity of funds. Bad as it may sound, let's be honest with ourselves, is it because of that one single project that it has been alleged that buhari is abandoning projectS in the region?
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by DonCortino: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2016
obailala:
Maybe not you, but a lot of people support them, and I had a feeling you sounded like one of them when you blamed this govt of abandoning the 2nd niger bridge, knowing fully well that the bridge was marked as a priority project in its first budget.

FYI, that the bridge was abandoned in 2015 (just like numerous other projects) was because zero naira was budgeted for the project in 2015 so contractors left the site; the 2015 budget wasnt drawn by this administration and you and I know it has taken this admin forever to settle down or even sign their budget.

And regarding abandoned projects, to the best of my knowledge, only the maritime uni has been abandoned in the ND with the plan to upgrade the Oron institute instead due to paucity of funds. Bad as it may sound, let's be honest with ourselves, is it because of that one single project that it has been alleged that buhari is abandoning projectS in the region?

Am not a fan of this government! Yes! But that does not mean I dont want things to be good and well in this country.

Ok lets leave the. 2nd niger bridge out of this and look at niger delta. How can this govt. cancel the maritime university in delta that is like 50% completed and then propose such institute around the chad basin? You are talking about cost?

So you knew buhari abandoned it but ur first post here sounded as if he did not abandon anything.( and I quoted you about it)

Mind you some people are also happy that projects have been stopped and abandoned in the ss/se.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by Izontubo(m): 11:26am On Jul 07, 2016
Let the FG send that big head ameachi to go talk to the Niger delta..I think them dey call am the king of the Niger delta. ..them use am wan distabilize the Niger delta. ..I think the olodo Don go hide...
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by obailala(m): 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
DonCortino:

Am not a fan of this government! Yes! But that does not mean I dont want things to be good and well in this country.

Ok lets leave the. 2nd niger bridge out of this and look at niger delta. How can this govt. cancel the maritime university in delta that is like 50% completed and then propose such institute around the chad basin? You are talking about cost?

So you knew buhari abandoned it but ur first post here sounded as if he did not abandon anything.( and I quoted you about it)

Mind you some people are also happy that projects have been stopped and abandoned in the ss/se.
Did you say a similar institute is being proposed in the Chad basin?... I've never heard of that, and I wouldn't be too surprised if it is one of the devilish lies and propaganda which dissidents are dubiously spreading to gullible listeners around the SS in order to elicit anger and hatred. Kindly prove me wrong by showing me any link (even if it's from a fake blog) which carries this story of a proposed chad basin maritime institute?

About people being happy that the maritime institute is cancelled, that is nonsense and it is untrue! that only happens in the politically driven inter-tribal wars here on Nairaland, and it is done purely to tease as part of the unending shameless inter-ethnic, inter-tribal wars by kids and adults with kid brains on this site. Nobody is genuinely happy that a university project is being cancelled in any part of Nigeria, except it would lead to the university being moved to their place. I don't even see the people of Akwa-Ibom being happy over the cancellation, even though the plan is to upgrade the Oron institute instead. Quit this unnecessary mind damaging paranoia.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by DonCortino: 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
obailala:
Did you say a similar institute is being proposed in the Chad basin?... I've never heard of that, and I wouldn't be too surprised if it is one of the devilish lies and propaganda which dissidents are dubiously spreading to gullible listeners around the SS in order to elicit anger and hatred. Kindly prove me wrong by showing me any link (even if it's from a fake blog) which carries this story of a proposed chad basin maritime institute?

About people being happy that the maritime institute is cancelled, that is nonsense and it is untrue! that only happens in the politically driven inter-tribal wars here on Nairaland, and it is done purely to tease as part of the unending shameless inter-ethnic, inter-tribal wars by kids and adults with kid brains on this site. Nobody is genuinely happy that a university project is being cancelled in any part of Nigeria, except it would lead to the university being moved to their place. I don't even see the people of Akwa-Ibom being happy over the cancellation, even though the plan is to upgrade the Oron institute instead. Quit this unnecessary mind damaging paranoia.

Forgive me if am damaging ur mind. But we should stop trying to shy away from the truth if we want to achieve great strides as a nation.
Why shld akwa- ibom be happy that d university was cancelled? Even if it was not, it wont stop oron's maritime academy from functioning.

And for you to say no one was rejoicing that amechi cancelled the maritime project in delta is so untrue and shocking to hear such from you. Even in this thread you will still find such people.

And for you proof on the chad basin maritime academy, here it is. And I dont think shipsandports is fake blog in fact its a genuine site.

http://shipsandports.com.ng/navy-plans-to-establish-own-maritime-university-operational-base-in-lake-chad/

A thread was created about this but the partisan mods refused to push it to the front page.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by sammft99: 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
YOU HAVE ABANDONED THE MARITIME UNIVERSITY ALREADY......
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by wolextayo: 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
May God help us
omolola15:

I'm not self centered and i dont even know how much a bowl of rice is sold. But the last time i bought a 25kg of rice for 7k. It used to be 5,500 before. I did complain but I understand the situation.

Now my point is, everything is expensive now but do you know one way or the other people are still eating rice. It's one of the food people eat the most. And people never stopped buying. So no matter how expensive it'll get. Believe me Nigerians will cope. That's one thing about us in this country. We always endure. We don't kuku have any other choice self.
Re: We Won’t Abandon Ongoing Projects In Niger-Delta —FG by abdulkabirO(m): 3:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
007Nasky:
did he include d ministry of niger delta in d buget

Shld he have included u guys alone,u could have said he shld include only nigr delta in the project and name it Niger delta budget ,selfish ppl,I wonder why buhari is considering u guys, maybe they have not done what ought to he done,your so called Niger delta and ijaw leaders are eating and spending yoiut money,u won't say anything,na buhari go suffer am,contunu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mimiko Secretly Recruiting Workers, Selling Govt. Properties To Cronies – APC / Onnoghen Deserves Punishment Given To Him By Tribunal –Sagay / N70bn Debt: NCC Frets Over Telcos’ Finances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.