Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

I Found This When I Opened Blue Band - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Found This When I Opened Blue Band (54810 Views)

I Found Cockroach Inside Food I Got From A Buka (Pics) / "I Found This In My Daughter's Biscuits" - Nigerian Mother (Photos) / Pictures Of Things I Found In My Ram Today. What A Mystery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Teeboy22(m): 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
oghenez:
See What I Found When I Opened Blue Band

This morning I decided to eat butter and bread after about a week of eating the butter, but when I opened the butter, I found this.
What does it mean?
Is it now bad for consumption?

Guy u nor preserve am well
Joor
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by jaid23: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
tripleace:
If you called it a MOULD you are very correct but the spelling is actually MOLD( http://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-mold-definition-types-causes-examples.html)
It is a general word for fungi and it is everywhere in the atmosphere even on money. This is one of the reason when you count staked money for a long time you feel that smooth sensation on your fingers.

OK back to the butter- fungi will only grow when it finds a sustable substrate(source of nutrition and surface to grow on) to support it's growth, temperature is also an important factor for the growth of fungi. So, if I am correct- with the colour of the fungi I see from your picture, you have Aspegillus spp most likely nigge spp. You provided a substrate for growth(most likely bread crumbs) and the right temperature(that is you most have not been having power for your refrigeration aka bad storage) leading to your black spotted butter.
Do not consume if you have not scrapped a thick layer of the mold of the surface of the butter and do keep in a cool environment( if no power for your refrigerator).

MOLD - American Spelling

MOULD - Britain Spelling

All d same na same Mould/Mold - Fungus (of the Aspergilus family)

1 Like

Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by skywalker001(m): 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
Idrhas:
Vote FALCONEY 4 MR NAIRALAND!!!
quote me and copy dis frm msg box and paste it to ur signature to mak it bold and coloured...

Vote magnanimity,persistency, exuberance and gregariousness VOTE FALCONEY FOR MR NAIRALAND 2016 . www.nairaland.com/falconey LETS MAKE HISTORY!!
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by northvietnam(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
RIP English Language
I don't know what to use to quantify your Dumbness.
who the hell told you we are taking English classes here.
or abi you tink say na job interview wey I dey apply for.
Abegi bounce joor...
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by nairaimporter: 6:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
helovesme:
Throw it away.

Bread particles must have fallen into the bread from the knife the last time you ate it.

This is the truth Mr op. Next time don't allow bread into your butter container.
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by ThePeacemaker(m): 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
northvietnam:

I don't know what to use to quantify your Dumbness.
who the hell told you we are taking English classes here.
or abi you tink say na job interview wey I dey apply for.
Abegi bounce joor...
I salute your stupity.. . Double fiqured IQ dummy......
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by northvietnam(m): 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
I salute your stupity.. . Double fiqured IQ dummy......
Honestly you are irredeemable.
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by 19naia(m): 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
Either its spoiled or coffee grains spilled inside.
But it doesnt look like a random scattering of grains or growth pattern of mold, It looks like it was hand sprinkled with something. Like someone deliberately spread the contaminant or ritual concotion in there(juju shocked), maybe to poison or annoy you or maybe na you do am to contrive subject matter for fromt page exposure on NL shocked
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by watermouth: 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
When u don't keep it in a cool place its always like that tongue
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Mekzyzeus(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
VictorRomanov:
Its not bad for consumption. The spots u see is nature's way of balancing ur diet. They re rich in proteins and essential vitamins which is needed for proper brain function.

That's a damn fungi growth!! Shey you wan suffer from food poisoning??
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Apollux(m): 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
oghenez:

This morning I decided to eat butter and bread after about a week of eating the butter, but when I opened the butter, I found this.
What does it mean?

What u r see is d mold dat form from d crumbs of d bread u ate d last time. U allowed crumbs from ur bread to fall on d butter and didn't remove dem. So d problem is not d butter but d crumbs of bread decaying.
Solution, carefully scrap all d affected area and d butter is safe to eat
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Jok3r(m): 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
oghenez:

What does it mean?

did u find it half nd mucur infested or u used it half nd left it for long
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Agbalanze(m): 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
Its simply poor preservation.
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Seventeen(f): 7:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
Haba OP.. Swear u've never seen this happen to blue band before. Its no biggi naa, Haba. See as u post d thin like say na one kind strange or very rare, mysterious occurance...lol. It was obviously not preserved well.

U can just scoop d affected part off or u could just throw it away depending on ur mood or ur pocket at this time.

U know say if person dey boxed up, ee no de mind throway dis kain tin.. But meeeehn for this time of 'CHANGE' , u may want to consider d ’scooping off ' option. Its left to u shaa cos ee fit be say the 'change' no reach ur side.

Cheers
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by tabontabon: 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
You Allowed Bread Crumbs To Drop Inside The Container. It's The Crumbs That Caused That.

oghenez:

From a supermarket
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by VictorRomanov: 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
Mekzyzeus:

That's a damn fungi growth!! Shey you wan suffer from food poisoning??

Na for person wey dey ask if the thing still dey consumable..sheybi him no know wetin be mucour
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by VictorRomanov: 8:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
jaid23:

Chineke!!!! U'll be a very bad nutritionist bro.. Anyways O.p, those are moulds - dis is due to ur bad preservation.. Economically, jess scope all d blackish stuff away and enjoy ur butter.. Health wise, i'll advice u get rid of it.

Try preserving such better nxt time.

I know he will never take my bad advice so why is he asking us when he already knows what to do?
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by VictorRomanov: 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
dominique:

Stop misleading people in the name of trying to be funny. Those are fungal molds on the margarine and could be harmful if consumed.

Misleading people? Were u misled? If u weren't, do u think u re smarter than everyone else. Some body wakes up and find moulds in his food and he's asking us if he should eat moulds.

Rediscover ur sense of humour!
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Glorychichi(f): 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
The blue band is still good .... U didn't preserve it well and please stop showing these on social media ur killing d brand of that product
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
Donreiy:
possibly you dipped bread inside it. crumbs of bread in margarine manifests to that in no time

when i am not from the village
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
Agbalanze:
Its simply poor preservation.

how do you mean poor, how does one preserve butter without fridge?
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Rapsino(m): 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
oghenez:

What does it mean?
c u c money. request compensation or sue dem. if they refuse take it to NAFDAC
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by dbuktown(m): 10:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
so bad I found same on my bb dis mrng, I hv to dispose it immediately
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Utchry: 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
I guess the expiry date was tampered with.
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by souljaboi51(m): 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
oghenez:

well from my experience its still good. happened to me a couple of times. what i do is to scoop/scrape off the affected areas and am good to go. am still alive grin

1 Like

Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by tayo200(m): 11:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
vitamin D
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by cfbadj: 11:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
oghenez:

What does it mean?

It is not bad for consumption. those spots came as a result of bread crumbs falling into d butter d last time it was used.....just scoop dem away..
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by davidque007(m): 11:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
OP Not a sharp fellow. Just refridgerate it and it would'nt grow fungi.
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by kelspascal(m): 11:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
And so? abeg next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by fredola77(m): 11:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
SweetOlive:
Take a chill man

U look stunning. Absolutely gorgeous!

1 Like

Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Starieangel(f): 11:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
Dt is as a result of d crumbs frm the bread u ate a week ago. May be u didnt use a spoon, or u allowed crumbs to get into it. It has happened to me b4.i just scraped d disturbing part away.. Sikena.
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by darvic1515(m): 11:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
RIP English Language
LWKMD ROTL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hungry Abuja Residents Steal Rice From A Moving Truck / Food For School Lunch In Nigeria And Other Countries (Photos) / Rice Processors Slash Price To N19,000 Per Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.