Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

I Found This When I Opened Blue Band - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Found This When I Opened Blue Band (54877 Views)

I Found Cockroach Inside Food I Got From A Buka (Pics) / "I Found This In My Daughter's Biscuits" - Nigerian Mother (Photos) / Pictures Of Things I Found In My Ram Today. What A Mystery (2) (3) (4)

Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
You or someone else had probably dip bread inside the butter.
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Kobicove(m): 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
Once you open the pack you're expected to keep it in the fridge...It's obvious you did not do that!!! undecided
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2016
Very simple! U allowed bread particles to drop on it!...next time DO NOT dip bread into butter directly but rather use knife/spoon to spread ur butter on bread....thank me later!
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by elevensept(m): 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
It is called mould, this often affects carbohydrates when they are not properly stored, or in your own case as a result of bread particles that drops into the margarine while spreading on your bread. It's not dangerous, just scoop out the affected part and you good to go.

Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
elevensept:
It is called mould, this often affects carbohydrates when they are not properly stored, or in your own case as a result of bread particles that drops into the margarine while spreading on your bread. It's not dangerous, just scoop out the affected part and you good to go.
Best explanation so far. Sad it took two full pages to get tangible information.
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
@op I think u didn't store it well..
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by bitingcool: 4:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
This post shouldn't have made FP.

We should be careful the way we portray companies that work hard to maintain their brand name.

It's easy for someone to pick up this story and make it seem like that's how the pack was when it was purchased anew. Why didn't he put his pot of stew in the cupboard instead of the fridge. He just had to come here to be told how to handle partially consumed butter.

The ops' ignorance has just been openly celebrated. Not everything is social media worthy.
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by july66: 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
oghenez:
See What I Found When I Opened Blue Band

This morning I decided to eat butter and bread after about a week of eating the butter, but when I opened the butter, I found this.
What does it mean?
Is it now bad for consumption?
Its bad. It happens when u allow pieces of d bread fall into the container & its not properly refrigerated. The micro organisms must do their work.
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
SweetOlive:
Maybe you didnt store it properly?
kiss

I love slim girls with curves. cool
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by bidex(m): 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
oghenez:

This morning I decided to eat butter and bread after about a week of eating the butter, but when I opened the butter, I found this.
What does it mean?
it. is Good for consumption but this one? I guess its expired or not stored properly
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
It is called rancid butter
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Gallass(m): 4:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
OP, don't mind all the blah blah blah that these guys are telling you here. What caused the stuff was that bread particles (from sliced bread) entered into the butter. That is the ONLY reason why it happened. If anybody wanna doubt it, let the person get a blue band, just intentionally put some minute particles of bread inside and leave it for two days. Then check the result
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by skywalker001(m): 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
VictorRomanov:
Its not bad for consumption. The spots u see is nature's way of balancing ur diet. They re rich in proteins and essential vitamins which is needed for proper brain function.
very funny indeed grin...

Meanwhile, Pls my dear brother I need ur help and support for
the upcoming event on nairaland wch I
knw u already knw bout it...
Pls don't turn ur brother down and ur
support will be highly needed sir...
Wil b looking forward to hear frm u soonest
Thanks in anticipation my dear brother
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Habeebpain(m): 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
Dude left bread crumbs in the damn butter tub and mold took over. Simple.

And how the hell did this shit make front page? angry
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by rahman3853(m): 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
kiddoiLL:
lol..butter way u chop remain...after one week, ogbeni scoop d black ish comot make u enjoy ur BnB..naim sure pass
i think what will should be asking the op is where was this magerine stored? This blackish substance looks like mould to me and we all know the source of mould which is mist and heat and mostly attack bread, perhaps bread paticles felll into the bread or deeped into the margerinre.Afterall the blue band wasnt brand new for us to say its manufacturer fault.
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by dahmie2013: 5:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
Op, commot jooor! Na 2day! Scrape d black thing & enjoy ur butter!
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by skywalker001(m): 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
helovesme:
Throw it away.

Bread particles must have fallen into the bread from the knife the last time you ate it.
I love d way of ur reasoning my sister, u jst hit d nail on d head...

Meanwhile, pls my sister I need ur help and support for the upcoming event on nairaland wch i knw u already knw bout it...
support will be highly needed...
Thanks in anticipation my dear sister grin
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by skywalker001(m): 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
sexymoma:
Somebody in your house put bread inside the butter
Exactly my sister, datz jst d point...

Meanwhile, Pls my sister I need ur help and support for
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Tinyemeka(m): 5:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
oghenez:

What does it mean?

Colonies of Aspergillus niger, Geotrichum candidum or Cladosporum suavalens.

And Zika virus for good measure. undecided
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by tinch(m): 5:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
Trust me its normal...those are the bread crumbles. It happens always if you allow crumbles to drop into it. Chai butter children everywhere
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Idrhas(m): 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
Vote FALCONEY 4 MR NAIRALAND!!!
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by TruthisOut: 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hi Op,

Please you don't have anything good to say, only to kill a good brand. I hope u know the company can sue u! After enjoying the butter, stored in your kitchen cabinet that we don't know the hygienic condition for God knows how long and you here killing a good brand that has sustained Nigerians for so long now.
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by sexymoma(f): 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
skywalker001:
Exactly my sister, datz jst d point...

Meanwhile, Pls my sister I need ur help and support for
what are you talking about angry
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by TruthisOut: 5:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
SweetOlive:
Maybe you didnt store it properly?

Good reasoning. No mind the op

Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by skywalker001(m): 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
sexymoma:
what are you talking about angry
It's d Mr NL 2016 contest my sister...
Please I need your support and vote for falconey my dear sister
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by danidee10(m): 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
Three things

Either you chook the bread directly inside the blueband

The spoon or knife you used the last time was dirty

Last one you dey lick the spoon with your dirty mouth cheesy as you were using the butter.

Tell us the truth grin
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Breadfruit: 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
oghenez:

What does it mean?

I don't know why this now happens to Blue Band. There was a time we really used to use it without any problem or fungal growth. Now once open, it starts growing this stuff....
See this one too that I finished using....

I think there's something wrong with the production now.

Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by Marrtynze(m): 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
Are those not moulds?? Hmm, naija my country
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by tripleace(m): 5:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
If you called it a MOULD you are very correct but the spelling is actually MOLD( http://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-mold-definition-types-causes-examples.html)
It is a general word for fungi and it is everywhere in the atmosphere even on money. This is one of the reason when you count staked money for a long time you feel that smooth sensation on your fingers.

OK back to the butter- fungi will only grow when it finds a sustable substrate(source of nutrition and surface to grow on) to support it's growth, temperature is also an important factor for the growth of fungi. So, if I am correct- with the colour of the fungi I see from your picture, you have Aspegillus spp most likely nigge spp. You provided a substrate for growth(most likely bread crumbs) and the right temperature(that is you most have not been having power for your refrigeration aka bad storage) leading to your black spotted butter.
Do not consume if you have not scrapped a thick layer of the mold of the surface of the butter and do keep in a cool environment( if no power for your refrigerator).
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by jaid23: 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
VictorRomanov:
Its not bad for consumption. The spots u see is nature's way of balancing ur diet. They re rich in proteins and essential vitamins which is needed for proper brain function.

Chineke!!!! U'll be a very bad nutritionist bro.. Anyways O.p, those are moulds - dis is due to ur bad preservation.. Economically, jess scope all d blackish stuff away and enjoy ur butter.. Health wise, i'll advice u get rid of it.

Try preserving such better nxt time.
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by sexymoma(f): 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
skywalker001:
It's d Mr NL 2016 contest my sister...
Please I need your support and vote for falconey my dear sister
fynestboi i know fyestboi I'll vote for..
Re: I Found This When I Opened Blue Band by skywalker001(m): 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
sexymoma:
fynestboi i know fyestboi I'll vote for..
ok sis, no problem...
Thanks for responding anyway

Hungry Abuja Residents Steal Rice From A Moving Truck / Man Drinks Whiskey From Dead Fish (Disturbing Photos) / Food For School Lunch In Nigeria And Other Countries (Photos)