Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:44 PM

Renewal Of Passport-please Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Renewal Of Passport-please Help (1114 Views)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Retention Of Passport / The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renewal Of Passport-please Help by ikmoore2(m): 10:05am On Sep 09, 2009
Pls, can I renew my expired Nigerian passport online just like the e-passport.

I need your help and comment; cos it is urgent.

Thanks
Re: Renewal Of Passport-please Help by Kingiyke(f): 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2009
brother,i don´t think it´s possible,unless u are applying for the e-passport i.e changing ur passport entirely.
Also,pls i´ll like to know if u have an idea on how to retrieve ref./i.d no. for the e-passport if one misplace his?
Re: Renewal Of Passport-please Help by awoll(f): 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2009
good question. i also need an answer.

i am in london with a two year visa and i have only spent 2 months now but my passport expires in march next year, i want to know if i have to return to nigeria for the renwal or if i can have it done from here,

also how long it might take.

thanks
Re: Renewal Of Passport-please Help by busybody20: 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2009
u can renew it at nig high commission london or its better to apply for the new e passport since the old passport expires in 2010. . check their websites for more info , i just got my new e passport also from nhc london
Re: Renewal Of Passport-please Help by gbabe1: 4:54am On Oct 02, 2009
Your best bet is to get the new e-passport asap. The old one becomes invalid in 2010.

And plz keep the new e-passport once u av it! I mean pamper it like a baby, cos if it get lost or something happen to it, menn,

Its gonna be easier for a carmel to pass through the eyes of the needle than for you to get it re-issued

I was in abuja damn[ cos you ll get all the way to Abuja for re-issue from anywhere u re on earth!], 

if not for God that made one mallam isha to help me,

what will my isreal be saying by now?, lol, I can remember i ask that women,  plz ma help me nah,

i came all the way from Ibadan, she said, na only Ibadan you came from? people fly in from America!!!!, lol,

From one AGC, to another big office, interview, what happened to the passport? etc, but thatz the official way sha,

if you want to do it the nigerian way, its available too!!!! U know wot i mean? good!

Yea,  Dont loose that thing plz.
Re: Renewal Of Passport-please Help by arogbowei: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2009
Wifey is facing similar chalenge. Will have to proceed for the e passport. Hope we won't have to meet with several obstacles.
Re: Renewal Of Passport-please Help by miraexcel(f): 4:42pm On Oct 06, 2009
hi Gba be can i speak with you?
Re: Renewal Of Passport-please Help by gbabe1: 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2009
@onyiilady,

africandude@yahoo.com

Sure, thatz my email.
Re: Renewal Of Passport-please Help by ceexcel(m): 11:22am On Oct 08, 2009
awoll:

good question. i also need an answer.

i am in london with a two year visa and i have only spent 2 months now but my passport expires in march next year, i want to know if i have to return to nigeria for the renwal or if i can have it done from here,

also how long it might take.

thanks
This days Nigerians in diaspora do come back to Nigeria to get the E-passport because they claim its on the high side over there. My candid advise to Fellow traveller who still don't have the E-passort; The earlier the better b4 the rush begins, remember how it was in Late 2007 whn it was newly inaugurated, 2010 is the deadline.
Visit the Nigerian Immigration Website @ www.immigration.gov.ng
for Assistance contact skillbanks@gmail.com or call 01-8219646
Re: Renewal Of Passport-please Help by Bossman(m): 11:17pm On Oct 08, 2009
It's a huge pain trying to get the new e-passport here in the US. It's only issued in New York. You apply online and then wait for them to call you for an interview. The you have to fly to NY, pay for accomodation etc. Bunch of nonsense! I wonder who the slowpoke is that heads these consulates. There has to be an easy way. For example, for US passport, you can do the finger pring at a notary and send it to them. However, the Naija folks requure physical presence because of the finger print. It makes absolutely no sense that everyone in in the US that needs the new passport has to go to NY to get it. That can be almost a 6 hr. flight for folks on the West coast.

(1) (Reply)

I Lost My Passport / x / Stop Trying To Get People To Go To Africa, We All Know It's A Sh*thole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.