Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,113 members, 7,953,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:38 PM

The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu (3623 Views)

Argument Of Design [replying OLAADEGBU'S THREAD] / Islamophobia And The Hypocrisy Of Christianity / Moses, Mohammed, Isis, Shekau: Stop The Hypocrisy Now!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by Gombs(m): 7:57am On Aug 22, 2016
flamingREED:

Okie_

You can also laugh at Israel for this reason

1 Samuel 8
1 And it came to pass, when Samuel was old, that he made his sons judges over Israel.
2 Now the name of his firstborn was Joel; and the name of his second, Abiah: they were judges in Beersheba.
3 And his sons walked not in his ways, but turned aside after lucre, and took bribes, and perverted judgment.

Kumuyi is not his sons and Kumuyi's sons are not him.
There's nothing to hypocritically revel in.

Remind me why Eli died please!

Why Oyakilome visited Joshua, I have no idea.

But of course you won't have an idea. wink

And as yet I can't put it side by side with Kumuyi's evangelical reach-outs.

Chris Oyakhilome may have gone to T B Joshua's for a selfie... It couldn't have being evangelical. I get your point bro. Weldone.

Kumuyi's preached before many preachers, churches including the Celestial church.

It wasn't an issue, right? But... Chris visits T B Joshua, and Olaadegbu and likes wouldn't see it as normal... It was a wonderful time of discussion. grin

Deeming him as bird of a feather with those to whom he preaches amounts to castigating Jesus as a minister of sin because He sends us to sinners everywhere men are found.

Olaadegbu... Come and read.

Again Kumuyi was on outreach.

... And, Chris Oyakhilome was on tourism? No Wahala wink

He has no time for cross-ministerial fantasies

Advice (y)our brother Olaadegbu, please. Thanks.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by Gombs(m): 8:02am On Aug 22, 2016
SalC:
Odi mma
Good to know you've been aound.
I didn't leave you o, grin just that NL is hardly interesting these days, just boring and recycled threads.

How are you and yours?

Yeah... I rarely have time here too... I just come paste rhapsody of Realities, and Waka! When I see topics created, I wonder... I just wonder in awesome awe.

I'm fine jare... Mine? As in my family? Or my parent and siblings? grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by flamingREED(m): 8:22am On Aug 22, 2016
Gombs:

Remind me why Eli died please!

Kumuyi's son was disciplined,
And the punishment for their error was transmitted worldwide.
Although, 'twas the lady's transgression, not his son's_
But it served him right because he didn't hear from God before choosing a frivolous lady'_
And in that nation DLB church had no right to supervise a wedding,
The minister was even hired_

So things rolled out badly.

But the discipline meted out was strong_
The couples apologized to the entire DLBC's.

Since then, I've heard nothing 'bout them.
While their stigma lingers,
They have no influence on us.

Also note that Kumuyi's son wasn't a pastor.

Eli died not because of his sons' sins.

He died because he LET THEM CONTINUE IN THE PRIESTS' OFFICE while they dishonored God_

God requires discipline among his ministers:

Leviticus 10
1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.
2 And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.
3 Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the LORD spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.

Notice Eli RESTRAINED THEM NOT.
He was too tolerant:

1 Samuel 3
13 For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.

This negligence cost him his life_
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by Peacefullove: 8:36am On Aug 22, 2016
Gombs:

It's been his character... . In fact see this thread.. Way back 2013.

https://www.nairaland.com/1362417/olaadegbu-soiling-deeper-life-reputation/3#16953727

That John Kumuyi's wedding is a good laugh tonic... For me sha! grin

Come see Ola in action

The guy BERNIMORE did a perfect Job in that thread

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by PastorAIO: 8:54am On Aug 22, 2016
Muafrika2:

It's not confusion. This is an honest discussion about doctrine wink

Yes, that must be their doctrine of Hypocrisy.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 22, 2016
PastorAIO:

Yes, that must be their doctrine of Hypocrisy.

Actually, it's the testing of mens spirits. It's a command. To know if they are Godly or not. These two are testing each pastor's spirit.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 22, 2016
What happened to the gospel of extreme grace Gombs? undecided.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by PastorAIO: 9:29am On Aug 22, 2016
Muafrika2:

Actually, it's the testing of mens spirits. It's a command. To know if they are Godly or not. These two are testing each pastor's spirit.

Some openly accused another of hypocrisy. You say it's a discussion about doctrine.

It follows that the doctrine is a doctrine of hypocrisy.

I don't know how you want to jump from doctrine to testing spirits. But then you're a 'christian' so you can jump from any point to any point without recourse to logical process.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by Gombs(m): 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
flamingREED:

Kumuyi's son was disciplined,
And the punishment for their error was transmitted worldwide.

I'm not interested in if he was disciplined or not.

Although, 'twas the lady's transgression, not his son's_
But it served him right because he didn't hear from God before choosing a frivolous lady'_

Frivolous ke? Hahahahahha, visit that thread and see olaadegbu's defense of the marriage... As far as sane Christianity is concerned, they did no wrong. cool

And in that nation DLB church had no right to supervise a wedding,
The minister was even hired_

Not my problem.

So things rolled out badly.

For you guys... Not for the couple and I sha.

But the discipline meted out was strong_
The couples apologized to the entire DLBC's.

Not my problem too.

Since then, I've heard nothing 'bout them.

Yeah.. They're ' sinners' now na grin

While their stigma lingers,

Holier than thou... Y'all are the ones thinking stigma... The guy is right standing before his creator... And his dad sef... cheesy

They have no influence on us.

My point is how olaadegbu goes to defend anything concerning his church, while he labels other churches different ill names.

Also note that Kumuyi's son wasn't a pastor.

Not relevant. Just go visit that thread.

Eli died not because of his sons' sins.

Open a thread and invite me.

[s]He died because he LET THEM CONTINUE IN THE PRIESTS' OFFICE while they dishonored God_
[/s]

Open a thread and invite me.

God requires discipline among his ministers:

Tell Ola that... God doesn’t tolerate slandering other ministers too.

Leviticus 10
1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.
2 And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.
3 Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the LORD spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.

Notice Eli RESTRAINED THEM NOT.
He was too tolerant:

Ogbeni ... Aaron abi Eli? Why get confused na? grin Go read the 1st and 2nd Chapters of 1Samuel... Then create a thread and invite me to tutor you, sir.

1 Samuel 3
13 For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.

This negligence cost him his life_

In other words, he died because of his children. Why the long stories then? undecided
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by Gombs(m): 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2016
Muafrika2:
What happened to the gospel of extreme grace Gombs? undecided.

Don't derail.

Thanks
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by SalC: 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
Gombs:

Yeah... I rarely have time here too... I just come paste rhapsody of Realities, and Waka! When I see topics created, I wonder... I just wonder in awesome awe.

I'm fine jare... Mine? As in my family? Or my parent and siblings? grin
Lol grin
All of the above, your family, your parents, your siblings etc cool
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2016
Gombs:

Don't derail.

Thanks

I won't. smiley

So what is this all about from a grace preacher if works don't count? undecided This looks like emphasis on works of personalities and an attempt at character assassination (not any of your preachers here) to me.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by Gombs(m): 2:45pm On Aug 22, 2016
SalC:
Lol grin
All of the above, your family, your parents, your siblings etc cool

They all good. Yours?

Muafrika2:

I won't. smiley
So what is this all about from a grace preacher if works don't count? undecided This looks like emphasis on works of personalities and an attempt at character assassination (not any of your preachers here) to me.

1. Find grace preachers.

2. Character assassination or whatnot, the thread is about the hypocrisy and double standards of another... With tonnes of proof to show!
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2016
Gombs:
Hypocrisy is the moral self-contradiction whereby the behavior of one or more people belies their own claimed or implied possession of certain beliefs, standards or virtues.

I have an online personality who the above definition suits almost perfectly. He's a regular here, and an 'elder' in the religion section having being here for a longer period than many. He's of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, and a core believer of their values. He has the my-church-is-holier-than-yours mentality, but he's seems to be a great guy.

Many years ago, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome visited Prophet T. B. Joshua, and many went agog, saying a lot of stories about it. Olaadegbu was one of such who accused Chris Oyakhilome of being a false preacher, and sighted some hilarious reasons as his basis of accusation. There are a plethora of threads to prove this, most were swept with nairaland tsunami few years ago, but here's one.

https://www.nairaland.com/1893751/10-terrible-scandals-pastor-oyakhilome#26133778

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome was labelled false because he visited another man of God, T. B. Joshua.

Fast forward years on, Pastor Kumuiyi the GS of DLBC, Olaadegbu 's church traveled to Ukraine to minister at Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church. Olaadegbu couldn't keep the joy down, he was all over nairaland like white on rice.

Sunday Adelaja's church was one of the largest in Europe, with an outstanding followership. Olaadegbu posted a video, he talked about the miracles and testimonies. Boy! Olaadegbu was excited. He cheered on the miracles he earlier slandered Oyakhilome for, both of the visit to T. B Joshua's church and the Healing school.

Of one of the threads he spoke about the visit he IMPLIED that anyone associated to T B Joshua was not of God, and Pastor Chris' visit was just a confirmation of his ineligibility of being a man of God.

Here's the thread where he was excited like a fly that just spotted a heap of poo.

https://www.nairaland.com/647876/pastor-w.f-kumuyi-god-embassys

Few weeks ago, same pastor Sunday Adelaja was in the news for many wrong reasons, adultery, mismanagement of church funds etc. (Now, I'm not saying he's guilty of any of the accusations), and yesterday, I read he's been declared a persona non grata in Russia, and also He's back to Nigeria. Olaadegbu suddenly went missing.

Let's take a little digression. When pastor Chris was accused of adultery by the media (His wife never accused him of such ) Ola was one of the many who seemed orgasmic about the news, in fact he created a thread and named it "10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery". He's yet to create another thread on Pastor Sunday Adelaja.

Now, if by the reasoning of Olaadegbu, that Pastor Chris Oyakhilome was not a 'true man of God', merely because he visited TB Joshua's church, should we now say same of Kumuiyi?

Has olaadegbu not read the news? Why's he suddenly weary of creating a thread? Just as he celebrated miracles in Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church when Kumuiyi visited, why was Pastor Chris' visit then a problem?

Is olaadegbu plainly a hypocritical or was it just a clear case of calling a dog a bad name just so that you'd hang it?

What makes Kumuiyi's visit sooooooo different from Chris' to other church?

If Pastor Chris' association with TB Joshua (a man who was accused of being an agent of the devil) earned him widespread criticism even from Ola, should Kumuiyi's association with Adelaja be seen in same negative light?

NB:
I'm NOT accusing any pastor of crimes they're accused of, I pray for Pastor Sunday, I'll always do. I'm however asking if Ola's hypocrisy isn't nauseating?

Cheers

op i just saw the post and it is really funny.ivhave heard of this olalgbeu or whatever and he is one of the reason innocent deeper life are been criticized in nairaland. i am a deeper life also and i love and respect t.b joshua, i dnt care what people or olagbeu says about him. olagbeu shd stop all his rantings because if t.b is not evil then he has slandered God annoited and there is consequences. people often call me a free minded deeper lifer and as much as i love the church, i am not happy wit some of its traditions as it has hindered many outsiders coming to the church even if they want to, though changes are already happening. so i will advice olagbeu to stop his holy holy mentality because it is doing more harm than good to the church. kumuyi doesnt even encourage it.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by Gombs(m): 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2016
brosci:

op i just saw the post and it is really funny.ivhave heard of this olalgbeu or whatever and he is one of the reason innocent deeper life are been criticized in nairaland. i am a deeper life also and i love and respect t.b joshua, i dnt care what people or olagbeu says about him. olagbeu shd stop all his rantings because if t.b is not evil then he has slandered God annoited and there is consequences. people often call me a free minded deeper lifer and as much as i love the church, i am not happy wit some of its traditions as it has hindered many outsiders coming to the church even if they want to, though changes are already happening. so i will advice olagbeu to stop his holy holy mentality because it is doing more harm than good to the church. kumuyi doesnt even encourage it.

Olaadegbu, bring a pen and paper and take notes.
brosci:

Wt

brosci:

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by PastorAIO: 12:25am On Aug 23, 2016
Gombs:

Gombs:

Gombs:

Olaadegbu!! How many times them call you?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by SalC: 6:49am On Aug 23, 2016
@Gombs
Mine are good too.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by Gombs(m): 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
SalC:
@Gombs
Mine are good too.

Greet them...please don't go again.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by SalC: 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
Gombs:

Greet them...please don't go again.
Cool.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by EyeHateGod: 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2016
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
Religion is truely a fraud.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by Gombs(m): 5:23am On Sep 14, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
Religion is truely a fraud.

True!

However, Christianity is not a religion cool
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:48am On Sep 14, 2020
Gombs:

True!

However, Christianity is not a religion cool

True!

It is a cult.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by petra1(m): 6:13am On Sep 14, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

True!

It is a cult.

A good cult oh not like yours
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:02am On Sep 14, 2020
petra1:

A good cult oh not like yours

A cult of colonialism slavery and genocide

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by Gombs(m): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

True!

It is a cult.

yessssss..we drink the blood of Christ and eat his Flesh grin grin grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Olaadegbu by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2020
Gombs:

yessssss..we drink the blood of Christ and eat his Flesh grin grin grin

Correct.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Brother From Saudi-arabia. Journey To CHRIST / Scientists Explain Their Faith. / Atheism Is The Uncoolest Choice Ever, And I Can Prove It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.