Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 (2022 Views)

Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan's Godson George Turnah Arrested By EFCC / Buhari Condemns Missile Attack On Makkah, Expresses Solidarity With Saudi Arabia / Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Sadness Over Terror Attack On France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by cogbuagu: 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan expresses interest in 2019

Former president Goodluck Jonathan has declared his interest to run for presidency in 2019 in Bayelsa State today. A jubilant crowd erupted as news leaked that the former president would be holding a press briefing this afternoon.

“In a statement released by his media secretary, the former president said, he has been inundated with calls from famous Nigerians to reconsider and salvage the economy from the current decay under the APC led government.

The statement reads in part: “A while ago I stood at the stood Eagle Square, to offer myself for election as the President of our beloved country on the platform of our great party; the People’s Democratic Party (PDP). I decided to run for office because of the many troubles our dear country faced.

“In a hotly contested election, we ‘lost’ the election to the opposition. We would have rejected the election results but decided my personal ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian.

“I made it clear then that when I leave office, Nigerians will understand the freedom they enjoyed under my administration. Are my I saint? Certainly not. Were my Ministers saints? Certainly not. But the opposition have unleashed untold hardship on Nigerians.

“I read from the news how power generation dropped to zero for a few hours. I read how the minister of State petroleum told Nigerians that he is not a magician to fix Nigerian oil problems. As we speak, subsidy regime has returned. As we speak the current government have reverted pump price to where we left it.

“Over the years, the Almighty God has made it possible for me to develop a bond with you and I am grateful for your support and understanding in the difficult periods we have journeyed through.

“Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, as I stand here this day, I declare to you that our stewardship has not been without challenges. We dealt with waves of insurgencies, vandalization of our nation’s pipelines and armed banditry.

“Let me crave the indulgence of all present here to stand up to observe a minutes silence in honor of fathers, mothers, sisters and brothers who lost their lives in Agatu. The situation in Agatu and elsewhere has cast a dark cloud on our Nation but we will surely win. A number of young men and women have been kidnapped by these criminal elements including our daughters from Enugu and Kanu States.

“During my tenure, we established a Presidential Initiative for the North East, the Victim Support Fund and the Safe School Initiative. These programs built Almajiri schools and opened brand new universities across all regions in this country.

“I read how the APC led government dissolved the governing board of universities and sacked the vice chancellors. We did what we did to better the lots of less privileged among us. Today, those dreams are but a mirage.

“I am grateful to all Nigerians for standing with me and my ministers despite the persecution we have so far face by the current administration. Let me also thank the leaders and elders of our great party, the People’s Democratic Party, for the opportunity reposed on all PDP governors and House of Assembly members.

“I am overwhelmed by the trust, confidence and support of the various organs of our party, the Board of Trustees, the National Caucus, the National Executive Committee, the National Working Committee, the PDP Governors Forum, members of the PDP Caucuses of the National Assembly, and others.

http://vanguardnigeria.org/gej-expresses-interest-2019/
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by kacglobal: 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
Who go vote

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by psucc(m): 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
Op this news must be from www.laimohammed.gov.ng.
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by bobgem001(m): 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
ok

Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by TI1919(m): 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
So How is it a breaking news

Is he not qualified

Or he is not a Nigerian

undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by temitemi1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
Can't wait to see u back in Aso Rock come 2019 grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by temitemi1(m): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
“In a hotly contested election, we ‘lost’ the election to the opposition. We would have rejected the election results but decided my personal ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by temitemi1(m): 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
“I read from the news how power generation dropped to zero for a few hours. I read how the minister of State petroleum told Nigerians that he is not a magician to fix Nigerian oil problems. As we speak, subsidy regime has returned. As we speak the current government have reverted pump price to where we left it.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by temitemi1(m): 4:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
“I made it clear then that when I leave office, Nigerians will understand the freedom they enjoyed under my administration. Are my I saint? Certainly not. Were my Ministers saints? Certainly not. But the opposition have unleashed untold hardship on Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by mamabomboy: 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
Old fake news. Jonathan dispelled and denied the report immediately. This report is 3months back
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by Day11(m): 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
Outta over 180milla pipu in diz nation and Mr GEJ still wanna Re contest!

Am sorry sad
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by DIKEnaWAR: 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
For people like GEJ and GMB to be visited on us as Presidents continually means that we are either cursed as a people or too daft to take our destiny into our hands.

Nigeria should march forward and not backwards. After the havoc Buhari visited on this country for one year, Nigeria would need a Bill Clinton to survive and pull out of it, if it continues...

GEJ, thank you for the little you did, but you were fantastically corrupt in office. Just like those before you and Buhari after you. Though you did your best, your best was not enough.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by temitemi1(m): 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2016
“During my tenure, we established a Presidential Initiative for the North East, the Victim Support Fund and the Safe School Initiative. These programs built Almajiri schools and opened brand new universities across all regions in this country.
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by naijaGhandi: 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
You have earned respect by conceding defeat, don't lose it by making moves to become president again. Those that deceived you in the last election are still alive beware!
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by diegwu01: 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nonsense News from an IPOBian source..
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by 9icelag: 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
The funniest thing is that even his party PDP will not nominate him. Cos he is a paper weight politician
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by RZArecta(m): 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
This is vanguards original website

http://www.vanguardngr.com/

OAM4J & MYND44 please do the needful to this thread and op for spreading false information.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by greatgod2012(f): 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
GEJ should please not contest. He has done his part, he should give room to other Nigerians to also do their parts. We have more than 170million people in this country, let others too do their part.

Besides, it's Nigerians that said they are tired of your ruling system, and voted you out, don't further embarrass yourself again.

I'm saying this as one of your fans, not as opponent.

However, if you're adamant, and you contest come 2019, I'm sure you'll lose, but the embarrassment would be too much for you and your fans.

Thanks.
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by ollymoore: 5:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
Dis man still want to come and destroy d remaining nigeria
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by batstan(m): 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
grin

Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by batstan(m): 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
greatgod2012:
GEJ should please not contest. He has done his part, he should give room to other Nigerians to also do their parts. We have more than 70million people in this country, let others too do their part.

Besides, it's Nigerians that said they are tired of your ruling system, and voted you out, don't further embarrass yourself again.

I'm saying this as one of your fans, not as opponent.

However, if you're adamant, and you contest come 2019, I'm sure you'll lose, but the embarrassment would be too much for you and your fans.

Thanks.
70million? Are you from Uganda?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by feedthenation(m): 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
Under which of the PDP led factions will GEJ contest for the presidency - Markafi or Sheriff?
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by ckmayoca: 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
Lol. GEJ will never try that and pdp will never allow that.
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by gists: 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
Only in the dreams of the ipobians. It is extremely laughable to think PDP that which has zoned the presidency in 2019 to the north will turn around to fill a known failure who looked away when the north was decimated by BH.

While I don't believe the story, but if its true, I blame PMB. If he had stood firm and not play the sentiment game, the ineffectual buffon should have told EFCC how much he is willing to return.
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by amaechi1: 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
People should not set up this man for another bash. If he could not win when he has all the apparatus in his favour to win and he could not win.

Please, Oga Jona go and enjoy to labour, don't mind those pulling you out. They are after your "savings".

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by mayorchelsea(m): 5:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
I'd rather vote Engineer Onovo or Prof.Shonaiya of KOWA party than this man,my thoughts.
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by hucienda: 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
Since GEJ has taken a tight lip policy post-May 29, 2015 (much like GW Bush currently in the states), his silence has made his political enemies uneasy as they find out for themselves that they are grossly ill-prepared and unfit for governance.

So what do they do? They lie.

Case at hand- the phony, make-believe Vanguard source.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by obailala(m): 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
[size=15pt]Vanguardnigeria.org[/size]
A counterfeit blog owned by one slowpoke whose only calling is to generate and spread the most stupid propaganda to deceive gullible / unsuspecting people.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by greatgod2012(f): 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
batstan:
70million? Are you from Uganda?

oh, my bad! I wanted to type 170 million. Thanks.
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by Dcomrade(m): 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
temitemi1:
GEJ our hero grin
Re: Breaking: Goodluck Jonathan Expresses Interest In 2019 by Ezeebube2(m): 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
grin grin
obailala:
[size=15pt]Vanguardnigeria.org[/size]
A counterfeit blog owned by one slowpoke whose only calling is to generate and spread the most stupid propaganda to deceive gullible / unsuspecting people.

u're very kwarekt bro. vanguardngr.com is the official website of vanguard newspapers. but this news caused some zombies heart attack.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's School Feeding Programme:Students Spotted Enjoying Free Meal In Anambra / I Will Dir In Kuje Prison Nnamdi Kanu Cries Out / Stop IPOB Now Or Face Another Civil War, Obasanjo Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.