Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Most Of These Preachers Are Con-men, Wise Up! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most Of These Preachers Are Con-men, Wise Up! (683 Views)

The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It / Opinion: Christian Preachers Are Taking Undue Advantage Of The Populace / Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Of These Preachers Are Con-men, Wise Up! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
Pra-pra-praise the Lord!
Ha-ha-halleluia!

Allahu Akbar!

That's how you get swayed from your region of common sense into an aura beyond your scope of thinking; into a realm of absolute bewilderment cum wonder and stupidity cum faith right there from your TV screen.

With several kilometres of distance and in totally oblivion to your very own existence, they still command some measure of admiration, obeisance, adoration and of course financial loyalty on your part toward them with full authority. How are they doing it for crying out loud?!

You have unwittingly created for yourself an untouchable god-like being, almost infallible and possessing all veto powers of an Almighty God; sitting on the very throne he claims to serve; smiling to the bank each and everyday of his life as a result of a well planned out investment yielding in colossal returns.

Oh Humanity, when wilst thou awaken?

I shake my head pitifully whenever I recall some personal experiences with certain personalities I'd prefer not to identify for security reasons but at the long run, I wish to slap some measure of brain juice into the heads a many millions out there who are wallowing in the quick sand set right before them by all these wolves in sheep clothing.

Televangelists have found a new stock in trade that pays. An investment that capitalizes on the fact that you were born and brought up a blockhead void of common sense and rational thinking in order to fill their stations and pockets will wags of cash yet make you feel good about it. They have discovered that it pays better for man to remain stuupid than to give him education.

My Dad who's now late happened to have been friends with one of the now-famous Televangelists [name withheld] many years back when he was next to a nobody. He started a ministry at Iyana Ipaja back then and even his brother who was a civil servant then had told him to stop wasting his time and look for a job.

One thing spectacular about this man, as my Father said, was the fact that he was a strong willed atheist but still believed in setting up a ministry that would eventually make him see wealth because frustration was already setting in as his certificate was laying waste at home (my Dad knew him to that extent). Jeez! Funny isn't it?

He didn't have the slightest faith in the "God" he was preaching to these poor souls but he believed that by making this God appear to these broken-spirited persons through him, he would chunk in millions into his account. Guess what, it worked.

Ranging from coincidental occurrences often mistaken for miracles to psychological placebo effect "healing" thus playing tricks with the congregations' belief system, he has successfully become the man you now know him to be. Whenever a situation arose where a problem persists even after "deliverance", such a case never got to see the light of the day before being swept under the carpet. It wasn't until the tactics changed again and it became alarming that my Dad who was already old by then opened up to me and told me all he knew about that man. Staging "miracles" with people who pretend to have one ailment, problem or another, announcing fake testimonies, ad infinitum and paying them for it just to sway the entire populace into further deception became a working strategy that speedily multiplied his growth by thousands, and it is still very effective as we speak.

When one speaks bad about such a man, he is at the point of being lynched for "blasphemy against the man of God" and subdued to silence.

The man of God can never lie, no. He can never commit fornication, no. He is right all the time, so whoever that dares to bring an allegation before him is wrong, a devil and a hater.

What then is the state of the people, you may ask?

They are so deep into these foolishness that whoever tries to show them their foolishness looks foolish to them...

It is indeed true that it is easier to deceive a man than to convince him that he has been deceived.

Today I could make multi-millions by concocting a story of my miraculous Paul-like transformation from a vile and demonic seven-headed dragon atheist into a sheep-in-the-fold Christian or Muslim under different pseudonyms and I will be best-seller in two weeks!!! I guarantee it!

The likes of Creflo Dollar, TD Jakes, Oyedepo, Adeboye, Zakir Naik, e.t.c could be doing that, would you know? Hell no! But you would have bought for them enough Private jets, Universities, Estates with your hard-earned money while you wallow in abject poverty and stupidity and they at the other end give less than half of a tenth of a rat arse about your lives, your beliefs and your God!

Receive sense oh Earthlings, in the name of whatever you deem cool, amen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Of These Preachers Are Con-men, Wise Up! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
True.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Most Of These Preachers Are Con-men, Wise Up! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 05, 2016
nice thread
Re: Most Of These Preachers Are Con-men, Wise Up! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
Reiyvinn:

My Dad who's now late happened to have been friends with one of the now-famous Televangelists [name withheld] many years back when he was next to a nobody. He started a ministry at Iyana Ipaja back then and even his brother who was a civil servant then had told him to stop wasting his time and look for a job.

Bishop David Abijawara Oyedepo started his fraudulent Ministry at Raji-Oba, Iyana Ipaja grin
Re: Most Of These Preachers Are Con-men, Wise Up! by Eddlad: 10:43pm On Aug 05, 2016
Reiyvinn:
Pra-pra-praise the Lord!
Ha-ha-halleluia!

Allahu Akbar!

That's how you get swayed from your region of common sense into an aura beyond your scope of thinking; into a realm of absolute bewilderment cum wonder and stupidity cum faith right there from your TV screen.

With several kilometres of distance and in totally oblivion to your very own existence, they still command some measure of admiration, obeisance, adoration and of course financial loyalty on your part toward them with full authority. How are they doing it for crying out loud?!

You have unwittingly created for yourself an untouchable god-like being, almost infallible and possessing all veto powers of an Almighty God; sitting on the very throne he claims to serve; smiling to the bank each and everyday of his life as a result of a well planned out investment yielding in colossal returns.

Oh Humanity, when wilst thou awaken?

I shake my head pitifully whenever I recall some personal experiences with certain personalities I'd prefer not to identify for security reasons but at the long run, I wish to slap some measure of brain juice into the heads a many millions out there who are wallowing in the quick sand set right before them by all these wolves in sheep clothing.

Televangelists have found a new stock in trade that pays. An investment that capitalizes on the fact that you were born and brought up a blockhead void of common sense and rational thinking in order to fill their stations and pockets will wags of cash yet make you feel good about it. They have discovered that it pays better for man to remain stuupid than to give him education.

One thing spectacular about this man, as my Father said, was the fact that he was a strong willed atheist but still believed in setting up a ministry that would eventually make him see wealth because frustration was already setting in as his certificate was laying waste at home (my Dad knew him to that extent). Jeez! Funny isn't it?

He didn't have the slightest faith in the "God" he was preaching to these poor souls but he believed that by making this God appear to these broken-spirited persons through him, he would chunk in millions into his account. Guess what, it worked.

Ranging from coincidental occurrences often mistaken for miracles to psychological placebo effect "healing" thus playing tricks with the congregations' belief system, he has successfully become the man you now know him to be. Whenever a situation arose where a problem persists even after "deliverance", such a case never got to see the light of the day before being swept under the carpet. It wasn't until the tactics changed again and it became alarming that my Dad who was already old by then opened up to me and told me all he knew about that man. Staging "miracles" with people who pretend to have one ailment, problem or another, announcing fake testimonies, ad infinitum and paying them for it just to sway the entire populace into further deception became a working strategy that speedily multiplied his growth by thousands, and it is still very effective as we speak.

When one speaks bad about such a man, he is at the point of being lynched for "blasphemy against the man of God" and subdued to silence.

The man of God can never lie, no. He can never commit fornication, no. He is right all the time, so whoever that dares to bring an allegation before him is wrong, a devil and a hater.

What then is the state of the people, you may ask?

They are so deep into these foolishness that whoever tries to show them their foolishness looks foolish to them...

It is indeed true that it is easier to deceive a man than to convince him that he has been deceived.

Today I could make multi-millions by concocting a story of my miraculous Paul-like transformation from a vile and demonic seven-headed dragon atheist into a sheep-in-the-fold Christian or Muslim under different pseudonyms and I will be best-seller in two weeks!!! I guarantee it!

The likes of Creflo Dollar, TD Jakes, Oyedepo, Adeboye, Zakir Naik, e.t.c could be doing that, would you know? Hell no! But you would have bought for them enough Private jets, Universities, Estates with your hard-earned money while you wallow in abject poverty and stupidity and they at the other end give less than half of a tenth of a rat arse about your lives, your beliefs and your God!

Receive sense oh Earthlings, in the name of whatever you deem cool, amen!

An advice, speak in terms of condemning fraudsters who capitalize the gullibility of some folks which include atheists, Muslims, etc. People don't need religion before they scam people, they never did they never will.

"Oh humanity,when whilst though awaken", this is kinda funny to me, awaken to what exactly?

(1) (Reply)

22years Deaf And Dumb Got Healed ..live Here @ OGUTA IMO STATE / Can A Reverend Father Be Addressed As "Daddy" / Which Is A Greater Sin Among These Two?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.