Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Why Are Nigerians So "Cool" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians So "Cool" (533 Views)

Are Nigerians Finally Catching Up To Igbos? / PDP Poll: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Than 2 Years Ago? Shocking Results!! / Why R Nigerians So Passionate About Political Parties & Not Qualified Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians So "Cool" by ositadima1(m): 10:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
I may want to apologise ahead of my write-up, i don't write too well and my writing tends to be simplistic but I hope you overlook them slipups, you can shoot me down too grin.

I find it hard to understand why Nigerians are so exploitable and easy, why we are continuously taking advantage of by the government, regime after regime. Even with so many educated people this guys come into power and do whatever they like and get to be free thereafter. Why people cant stand up for what is theirs, check out the economy; naira is worth almost half what it used to. They mess things up and we have always been the ones to pay the prize with frequent power cuts, devaluated currency, unemployment, below standard schools, no real revenue apart from crude( most of this one is been embezzled grin).

I am not trying to say we go guerrilla style like NDA grin , there are civil ways to fight this guys, after all black america fought for freedom and equality and they got it, they even had a black president, something next to impossible in the 60's. I am telling you Nigerians we have to put our foot down and demand for what is ours. We deserve a life better than this, we have been through so much that we think this ... is ok. Poverty, filth on the streets, kidnappings, killings, gross irregularities cutting across all areas is not ok my brothers and sisters.

Yep, Nigeria is indeed poor, I don't think wealth is measured by a few people who drive cool cars as opposed to so many living at and below poverty line, expecially when we are this many. Not sure, 5%, 10% or 15% living the good life while others are suffering and smiling. Even when you identify with these so called elites it is not even safe.

We have to do something about this mess, we all have to.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So "Cool" by pharmagba: 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
First of all list about 10 things that you think government ought to be doing and are not doing, from there we can have a pressure group which may lead to a movement.

But just saying Nigeria are 'cool' is not right if you can really crysalize where and how. Mind you we know how we enjoyed divident of corruption from the last administration without complaining maybe that's why there have silence at the moment

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Repel Boko Haram's Attack On Troops / We Drafted APC Constitution… The Party Is The Mother Of Corruption – Bafarawa / saa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.