Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa (2623 Views)

Tragedy As Alfa Slumps And Dies In Oyo State (Photos) / Celebrating Valentine's Days (A Short Fatwa) / Unfair Silence On Aleppo's Tragedy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by BetaThings: 1:06am On Jul 08, 2016
A lot of Shias in Iran are undergoing sex change as same is permitted by a fatwa from Ayatollah Khomeini
About 6 minutes into video no 4, the fatwa is confirmed
But watching the exchange on that video is interesting

The consequences have been tragic

This is a six-part video

The law fatwa compels them to change their sex. However nobody accepts them after
They resort to the Shia religion's euphemism for prostitution - Mut'ah
This can be as short as one hour -part 6 of the videos has the details

Part 6 is the shortest and tells the end to the sad tale. You can only feel sorry for these poor souls

BTW - Sunnis don't allow sex change

It is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, that they should [thereafter] have any choice about their affair. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error.
Quran 33: 36

Part 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsGO6ic0i48

Now the earlier parts (1 - 5)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azyt9aF_0Gk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPeW9u2awaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me24PqwI-B8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UImxz0SqM5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIshf5B3DHI

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by sino(m): 4:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
Subhanallah! this is seriously messed up, how could the Ayatollah pass such a fatwa?! I really feel sorry for these unforyunate victims of this crazy fatwa, the last person tried to be brave and was factual, but couldn't help but breakdown, this is like compounding their problems as they had to result into mut'ah for survival, selling their fake gender for money (i.e prostitution)... Imagine a society so confused...Allahu mut'an

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by MrOlai: 10:34am On Jul 09, 2016
This is one of the evils Ayatollah Khomeini spread on the land! Albaqir and his cohorts will still be committing homosexuality with men/transgenders in the name of mut'ah, if they are not doing it already! It's just a matter of time! Except if they repent unto Allah(SWT) and accept Islam as laid down by the Prophet(SAW). May Allah(SWT) rectify their affairs(Amin).

"وَمَن يُشَاقِقِ الرَّسُولَ مِن بَعْدِ مَا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُ الْهُدَىٰ وَيَتَّبِعْ غَيْرَ سَبِيلِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ نُوَلِّهِ مَا تَوَلَّىٰ وَنُصْلِهِ جَهَنَّمَ ۖ وَسَاءَتْ مَصِيرًا"

"And whoever opposes the Messenger after guidance has become clear to him and follows other than the way of the believers - We will give him what he has taken and drive him into Hell, and evil it is as a destination."
Surah An-Nisah(4:115)

4 Likes

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by vedaxcool(m): 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2016
Hypocrisy and Iran govt are like bread and butter. Only Iran will call a brothel, house of chastity... all this while I thought na only me know about their homosexual perversity they legitimate through the backdoor. There are other sad pervsities that our resident iranian shrill will rather you suppress.

5 Likes

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by ShiaMuslim: 11:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ibn Taymiyyah gang of perverts are having a jamboree in this thread. well, obviously Islam is not for superficial thinkers, or people who dont think at all. people who have made terrorism their religion. let me think for you a little. is there any wisdom in permitting sex change? yes, there are many good reasons for it to be permitted. Ibn Taymiyyah's gang are misquoting the Holy Quran.

there are many reason for sex change especially in modern times with advance medical practice. there are people born with DEFECTS. those defects are not what you can describe as "God's creation" or "God's decision". they are medical conditions. many of you know of hermaphrodites. what do you do to them? do you leave a woman with b r e a s t s to continue having a p e n i s hanging between her legs? or a man to continue having b o o b s like women? what do you do? what of males who have hormonal imbalances, and medical examination proves that he has more of the female than the male hormones?

the permission of sex change is not aimed at altering the "normal" but rectifying already existing medical problems or defects (which could have been as a result of environmental factors) that beg for solutions. of course, the look at these people would make it all seem "abnormal". but these are problems in society that cannot be escaped. same thing with homosexuality. you can bring all the laws and punishment to ban it, but what is the solution to it? in Iran, if a man is effeminate and has more female hormones than male hormones, and no therapy or prayer can cure him, except surgery, it is allowed. ipeople who are pretenders are the worse. look deep into your villages, your communities, your states, etc. and you will find them plagued with different vices. yet you want to lecture a scientifically and medically fast developing country like Iran. please take panadol for your own headache.

funnily, people with little brains are quick to raise the issue of mut'ah. well, whatever you say about mutah, remember that Sunnis are of the view that at a point in time the Prophet (s) approved of mutah and your highly esteemed sahabah were among those who practiced it before it was allegedly "banned" (by Umar). (in fact as per Sunni hadiths, the Prophet purportedly repeatedly banned and allowed it up to six times and in six different occasions). follow Islam, not your desires and emotions. you have Jihadun Nikah, Misyar and every innovation (bid'ah) and yet your headache and standard of morality is only "high" when your put on your fake morality lenses to "judge" iran or the Shia. clowns!

1 Like

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by MrOlai: 11:56am On Jul 10, 2016
ShiaMuslim:
Ibn Taymiyyah gang of perverts are having a jamboree in this thread. well, obviously Islam is not for superficial thinkers, or people who dont think at all. people who have made terrorism their religion. let me think for you a little. is there any wisdom in permitting sex change? yes, there are many good reasons for it to be permitted. Ibn Taymiyyah's gang are misquoting the Holy Quran.
there are many reason for sex change especially in modern times with advance medical practice. there are people born with DEFECTS. those defects are not what you can describe as "God's creation" or "God's decision". they are medical conditions. many of you know of hermaphrodites. what do you do to them? do you leave a woman with b r e a s t s to continue having a p e n i s hanging between her legs? or a man to continue having b o o b s like women? what do you do? what of males who have hormonal imbalances, and medical examination proves that he has more of the female than the male hormones?
the permission of sex change is not aimed at altering the "normal" but rectifying already existing medical problems or defects (which could have been as a result of environmental factors) that beg for solutions. of course, the look at these people would make it all seem "abnormal". but these are problems in society that cannot be escaped. same thing with homosexuality. you can bring all the laws and punishment to ban it, but what is the solution to it? in Iran, if a man is effeminate and has more female hormones than male hormones, and no therapy or prayer can cure him, except surgery, it is allowed. ipeople who are pretenders are the worse. look deep into your villages, your communities, your states, etc. and you will find them plagued with different vices. yet you want to lecture a scientifically and medically fast developing country like Iran. please take panadol for your own headache.
funnily, people with little brains are quick to raise the issue of mut'ah. well, whatever you say about mutah, remember that Sunnis are of the view that at a point in time the Prophet (s) approved of mutah and your highly esteemed sahabah were among those who practiced it before it was allegedly "banned" (by Umar). (in fact as per Sunni hadiths, the Prophet purportedly repeatedly banned and allowed it up to six times and in six different occasions). follow Islam, not your desires and emotions. you have Jihadun Nikah, Misyar and every innovation (bid'ah) and yet your headache and standard of morality is only "high" when your put on your fake morality lenses to "judge" iran or the Shia. clowns!

Agent of shaytan! Always looking for an excuse to defend their evils!

On the issue of sex change, it completely haram in Islam! It is Allah(SWT) in His will and wisdom that makes a person either a male or a female. Nobody has the right before Allah(SWT) to change the sex of a person for whatever reason! There are men who are just like women in terms of thinking, attitude, physique, etc. That does not make them women! Also, there are women who are just like men in terms of thinking, attitude, physique, etc. Some women are naturally stronger than their male counterparts in terms of virtually everything. In fact, some women have higher amount of testosterone(male hormone) in their bodies and consequently, they are hairy and often grow beards! Does that make them real men?

On the issue of hermaphrodites, that is clearly an abnormal medical condition. It is exceptionally different from what shia are doing in Iran courtesy of the evil fatwa from your Ayatollah Khomeini. Medicine as a discipline is welcomed in Islam only to correct an anomaly, not to change Allah's creation.

On the issue of Homosexuality, it is a sheer madness! The Prophet(SAW) recommends death penalty for the homosexuals. Nobody is born homosexual! I repeat nobody is born homosexual! Homosexuals give such a silly excuse just for them to be allowed to continue with the madness. Homosexuality is nurture and not nature. People acquire homosexuality through practice with time.

In Psychology, it is established that if a person repeats an act frequently enough, then, such an act becomes his habit! Bestiality is being gradually permitted in some parts of the world now! A time will come when those people having sex with animals will claim that they are born like that! Allah(SWT) destroyed the people of Lut because of homosexuality.

You shia people are among the people spreading homosexuality on the land! How?
- Your scholars allow sodomy with a woman(having sex with a woman through her anus).
- Your scholars gave fatwa allowing Sex Change.
- Prophet(SAW) gave severe punishments for the zoophiles; your scholars said NO!
- Your scholars consider Bestiality(having sex with animals) as Makruh and not Haram! Meanwhile the Prophet(SAW) said if anybody is caught having sex with an animal, both the person and the animal should be killed!
- You scholar, Ayatollah Khomeini, gave fatwa permitting zina/mut'ah sex even with prostitutes
And many more...

Your shia people are abuse to Islam(except the ignorant ones amongst you)! Even some non-muslims might be better than you before Allah(SWT)! Some Christians I know would not allow sodomy of a woman, they would not allow Sex Change, they hate homosexuality with passion; they would be ready to kill anybody that has sex with animal! These are non-muslims!

The terrible nature of shiism is the reason why Scholars of Islam consider you shia kufar!

Anybody Allah(SWT) created a man would always be a man and anybody Allah(SWT) created a woman would always be a woman! This is a fact even in Medicine! Ask the Doctors! This is a fact they might not tell the trangenders! I pray Allah(SWT) in His mercy to have mercy on the soul of your scholar, Ayatollah Khomeini, for all the evils he has created on the surface of the Earth!

6 Likes

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by ShiaMuslim: 12:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
MrOlai:

On the issue of sex change, it completely haram in Islam! It is Allah(SWT) in His will and wisdom that makes a person either a male or a female. Nobody has the right before Allah(SWT) to change the sex of a person for whatever reason! There are men who are just like women in terms of thinking, attitude, physique, etc. That does not make them women! Also, there are women who are just like men in terms of thinking, attitude, physique, etc. Some women are naturally stronger than their male counterparts in terms of virtually everything. In fact, some women have higher amount of testosterone(male hormone) in their bodies and consequently, they are hairy and often grow beards! Does that make them real men?
On the issue of hermaphrodites, that is clearly an abnormal medical condition. It is exceptionally different from what shia are doing in Iran courtesy of the evil fatwa from your Ayatollah Khomeini. Medicine as a discipline is welcomed in Islam only to correct an anormaly, not to change Allah's creation.
On the issue of Homosexuality, it is a shear madness! The Prophet(SAW) recommends death penalty for the homosexuals. Nobody is born homosexual! I repeat nobody is born homosexual! Homosexuals give such a silly excuse just for them to be allowed to continue with the madness. Homosexuality is nurture and not nature. People acquire homosexuality through practice with time.
In Psychology, it is established that if a person repeats an act frequently enough, then, such an act becomes his habit! Bestiality is being gradually permitted in some parts of the world now! A time will come when those people having sex with animals will claim that they are born like that! Allah(SWT) destroyed the people of Lut because of homosexuality.
- Your scholars allow sodomy with a woman(having sex with a woman through her anus).
- Prophet(SAW) gave severe punishments for the homosexuals; your scholars said NO!
- Your scholars consider Bestiality(having sex with animals) as Makruh and not Haram! Meanwhile the Prophet(SAW) said if anybody is caught having sex with an animal, both the person and the animal should be killed!
- You scholar, Ayatollah Khomeini, gave fatwa permitting zina/mut'ah sex even with prostitutes
And many more...
Your shia people are abuse to Islam(except the ignorant ones amongst you)! Even some non-muslims might be better than you before Allah(SWT)! Some Christians I know would not allow sodomy of a woman, they would not allow Sex Change, they hate homosexuality with passion; they would be ready to kill anybody that has sex with animal! These are non-muslims!
The terrible nature of shiism is the reason why Scholars of Islam consider you shia kufar!
Anybody Allah(SWT) created a man would always be a man and anybody Allah(SWT) created a woman would always be a woman! This is a fact even in Medicine! Ask the Doctors! This is a fact they might not tell the trangenders! I pray Allah(SWT) in His mercy to have mercy on the soul of your scholar, Ayatollah Khomeini, for all the evils he has created on the surface of the Earth!

you sound like someone who shaitan has fingered his a n u s or committed sodomy on. you sound mad...filled with hatred and lies to stir sectarian fervor based on ignorance. you are stupid but you do not realize it because your own religion is an opium to your senses. you are in deep slumber.

first question is what is the punishment for homosexuality in Iran? it is death! several were hanged for homosexuality. and do not get me wrong, i am not staying this to impress you or impress those retards like you who only think of destroying lives. and i do not support this death penalty in Iran for homosexuality or adultery or fornication or any illicit sexual relations. i stand as a person, whether my coreligionists agree with me or not, against the death penalty for illicit or out of marriage sexual affairs. even if you bring me hadiths that the Prophet (s) allowed death penalty for illicit sex, homosexuality or otherwise, you are not "the Prophet" or "a prophet". then, how many homosexuals and how many adulterers did our Prophet (s) killed? i am not aware of any specific case, other than blank check hadiths making such claims in Bukhari and the likes. does the Holy Quran prescribe DEATH for illicit sex, homosexuality inclusive? no! if you disagree, show me a verse!

the issue of death for illicit sex has been a contentious issue even among scholars within the same Islamic schools of thought, in your Sunnism and in our Shia Islam. it is sad Iran applies the interpretation that punishes with death for illicit sex, instead of repentance and rehabilitation to make the human being better. of course, had you being Shia, you will support Iran to this. that is the difference between a Shia Muslim and "other" types of Muslims. you do not think. they think for you. the door of ijtihad is closed for you. you still follow what Abu Hanifa, a nobody, judged 1400 years ago. mumu! and because we think you do not like us. your problem. in the Quran, how many times are we asked to think, ponder, reflect? but you do not because you are dumb and you want Islam to be seen as a religion for the dumb and deaf!

our scholars do not force marriage couples to have a n a l s e x. if they choose to within the umbrella of marriage, it is regarded as highly undesirable but not forbidden. how can you forbid legally married people from themselves? you can only admonish them. their bodies are permitted to each other. otherwise, you will encourage married people to commit "haram" with themselves by your holier than shit mentality.

please show where any of our scholars said categorically that "bestiality or s e x with animals" is not haram. not what to do to the person or the animal if people are caught in the act. (there is a difference). but that the act itself is not haram. expose your ignorance.

in Sunni hadiths, the Prophet (s) allegedly allowed and forbade mut'ah for six times. today because you believe it was the Prophet that forbade mutah, you call it zina. yet it does not spare you from the fact that he had allowed it before stopping it severally times and on different occasions. you are therefore blaspheming the Prophet (s) out of your sectarian fury and blindness and holier than shit mentality. deaf, dumb and blind!

the sex change has been clarified. take or leave. your people thrive in homosexuality. check what happens in Sunni Arab countries. whether it is nature or nurture, provide your solutions to save lives from what you deem evil and also from destruction and death, instead of prescribing death as a remedy. if you have no solution, then you are dumb. accept it. before replying my post with holier than shit mentality, and words of ignorance, sectarian blindness and hatred mixed and blended with lies, first provide a solution to the problem of homosexuality. if you cannot, and death and death and death is all that Sunnism stands for, from punishing illicit sex to blowing up Shia Muslims and Christian civilians in their places of worship and cities, then reply first with this sentence/disclaimer:

"i, MrOlai of nairaland, have no solutions to humanity's problems but i feel talk is free, and lying is cheap and to defend my blindness, sectarian hatred, ignorance and fanaticism i must talk and lie. therefore i must REPLY and talk as if i know about issues better left for mature and learned minds to discuss, even though i know not. please i am DUMB. i just want to reply". grin

1 Like

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by sino(m): 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
Mr. ShiaMuslim, I want to believe you watched the videos, and I want to also believe that Ayatollah Khomeini was trying to solve one of humanity's problems with his fatwa, which I would say is a good idea i.e solving humanity's problems. Be that as it may, in one of the videos, one of the transgender was said to have been tested, and found to be 100% male, but still went ahead to go for a sex change. Also these set of people are not really recognized in their communities, they are victimized, shunned and humiliated. They have regretted going for a sex change, and it seems that the problems these fatwa is causing, is far greater than what it was trying to solve in the first instance. From the foregoing, wouldn't it be appropriate if such fatwa is reviewed, and possibly expunged for a more humane, and Islamicaly legitimate verdict for these kinds of humanity's problems?!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by MrOlai: 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2016
ShiaMuslim:

you sound mad...you are stupid...

4 Likes

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by MrOlai: 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2016
ShiaMuslim:

please show where any of our scholars said categorically that "bestiality or s e x with animals" is not haram. not what to do to the person or the animal if people are caught in the act. (there is a difference). but that the act itself is not haram. expose your ignorance.
[/b]

Agent of shaytan!

With all your deceptions, this is a fatwa from one of your scholars:
"
لقد كانت نكاح الحيوانات قبل البعثه منتشره وتروى كثير من الروايات انها حلال لكنها مكروه والاحوط وجوبا ترك هذه العاده التي تسبب "الأذى النفسي ويجب عليك الاعتراف لصاحب الاغنام ودفع قيمتها لمالكها

"Sex with animals before the mission (Islam) was wide spread and many narrations are narrated that it is halal but makrooh (disliked). And on the compulsory precaution one should abandon this practice that may cause self harm. And you must admit this to the owner of the sheep and pay the owner."

Sex with animals Fatwa
al-Uzma Seyyid Ali al-Sistani

Who made bestiality HALAL according to your scholar above? Allah(SWT), the Prophet(SAW) or your scholars?

Can you see your life?

This is a statement from the Prophet(SAW): "Whoever has intercourse with an animal, kill him and kill the animal with him."
(Narrated by Ahmad, 2420; Abu Dawood, 4464; al-Tirmidhi, 1454; al-Haakim, 4/355).

The Prophet(SAW) said both the person and the animal involved in bestiality should be killed; your scholars said NO!

Shameless enemies of Islam!

1 Like

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by ShiaMuslim: 4:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
sino:
Mr. ShiaMuslim, I want to believe you watched the videos, and I want to also believe that Ayatollah Khomeini was trying to solve one of humanity's problems with his fatwa, which I would say is a good idea i.e solving humanity's problems. Be that as it may, in one of the videos, one of the transgender was said to have been tested, and found to be 100% male, but still went ahead to go for a sex change. Also these set of people are not really recognized in their communities, they are victimized, shunned and humiliated. They have regretted going for a sex change, and it seems that the problems these fatwa is causing, is far greater than what it was trying to solve in the first instance. From the foregoing, wouldn't it be appropriate if such fatwa is reviewed, and possibly expunged for a more humane, and Islamicaly legitimate verdict for these kinds of humanity's problems?!

At least you are making some sense for the first time and you are not lying.

In every law, there are people who try to beat the gun and abuse the intent of the law. If you look at Islamic practices, you can find everyone that has been exploited for the wrong purpose by mischievous people.

Secondly, to us, the sharia is not holy. The sharia was not revealed. The Quran is holy. The sharia is based on interpretation of laws by fallible scholars, via the Quran and authentic Hadith, be they Sunni or Shia scholars. Those scholars are neither holy/infallible imams of the Ahlul Bayt (as) nor prophets. So these laws can be reviewed, annulled or adjusted if the bad is weighted to be more than the good. I'd leave that for the Iranians and their leaders/scholars to decide for themselves and what is good for them in sex change.

Further it is very possible to find another Shia ayatollah who views the permission by Ayatollah Khomeini on sex change to be invalid and haram. In Shia Islam, our scholars are mujtahids. The concept of ijtihad did not stop as it stopped in Sunnism with the four scholars of the four Sunni schools of thought. That is why in Shia Islam, the highest scholars can and are permitted to hold different views and opinions in interpretation. That will keep the religion fresh, dynamic, for all times and progressive. So there is no question about whether the fatwa of Ayatollah Khomeini can be wrong. It can. That is why in Shia Islam, based on the open concept of ijtihad among the highest scholars (marjaiyyah) who issue fatwas, the ordinary Shia (laity) can choose any among the 80 to 100 of them in the world to follow. You as a Shia can follow any of these scholars opinion and interpretation of Islamic laws and practices and you can also disagree with any of them. The concept of the marjaiyyah is for the laity to choose one of the ayatollahs and make him his source for emulation, as Sunnis follow one of the founders of the four Sunni schools only, and those four have died about a thousand years ago. We follow scholars that must be alive in terms of marjaiyyah or source of emulation called Taqlid. This means our scholars are not infallible and we accept criticism and improvement, as far as the criticism is of their legal opinion and interpretation and not of the fundamentals of the religion expressed unequivocally in the Holy Quran or the authentic Hadith.

So when your fellows want to turn this thread into a bashing exercise of Shia and they want to use it as launch pad to lie and talk nonsense, I simply laugh at what you do not know. You guys are used to anyone who knows some verses of the Quran and had memorized few fatwas with a long beard as worthy of being a scholar. And usually their views are put on par with the Quran and disagreeing with them can lead to Takfir. That's why you see Wahhabis can kill even themselves. Shia on the other hand do not go to such extremes and we view differences of opinions as healthy for our faith and progress as Muslims. And only the marjaiyyah-scholars with the title of ayatollah- that can issue fatwa for Shia. Not even our sheikhs issue fatwa!

In this way we are more organized and our scholars cannot become fatwa machines or government employees calling themselves muftis who make political fatwas to serve governments or tyrants as witnessed many times in the Sunni countries or even by terrorist groups. That is also why I'm Shia Islam not anyone calling himself scholar can call for jihad. Our scholarly system is based on the Imamate. When the ghaibatul kubrah of the 12th Imam (as) started, we are instructed to follow the fuqaha (plural of faqih). The scholar with title of ayatollah is the highest faqih we follow.the marjaiyyah gets its legitimacy from the Imamate and learning in the hawza and not through appointment.the Imamate is a divine station like prophethood.it is a reflection and successorship of prophethood. And both gain legitimacy from Allah (swt).

Both prophethood and Imamate are understood as political and spiritual leadership. The Sunni caliphate on the other hand doesn't get legitimacy from prophethood because you believe the Prophet left without any successor or system to choose a caliph and he left it for the people. Caliphate gets legitimacy from the people. And the Quran says Allah's choice is above ours and the Prophet has more right over us than we have over ourselves since the Shia believe the Prophet appointed a successor. We obey secular authorities on taqiyyah and for the sake of peace where do not have numbers and power (means) for the establishment of Islamic law. We were created on earth as khulafa of Allah and all authority must obey Allah and follow the line of prophethood and imamate to have divine approval/legitimacy for us to listen to and abide by. For a scholar to become an ayatollah or marja taqlid who can issue fatwa, he must have the approval of two existing and living ayatollahs in the hawza ilmiyyah (Islamic seminary in Qom or Najaf, the highest center of Shia learning equivalent to al azhar for Sunnis).

2 Likes

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by MrOlai: 4:54pm On Jul 15, 2016
On Prostitution which you shia pople called Temporary Marriage, this is another terrible one coming from your scholar, Ayatollah Khomeini:

Shia Ayatollah Khomeini stated in his book "Tahir-ul-Wasila", Vol. 2, Page No. 292, "Temporary marriage can be for one day, a night, and even just a few hours ! But for khomeini, that was not enough so he further states in the same book on Page No. 292, "Temporary marriage can be performed with harlots and prostitutes".

Is this Islam? Or an evil? Harlots and prostitutes?

And you zombies followers cannot use your senses to know that this is purely an evil? Even the non-muslims know that this is an evil!

I don't have time for you Mr shiaDevil! If your senses cannot tell you that you're in the part of destruction, your conscience will be a witness against you on the Day of Qiyamah!

Don't bother quoting me ooo if you don't want thunder to fire that your manhood you're using to destroy the lives of innocent girls in the society in the name of mut'ah! grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by sino(m): 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
ShiaMuslim:

At least you are making some sense for the first time and you are not lying.

In every law, there are people who try to beat the gun and abuse the intent of the law. If you look at Islamic practices, you can find everyone that has been exploited for the wrong purpose by mischievous people.

Secondly, to us, the sharia is not holy. The sharia was not revealed. The Quran is holy. The sharia is based on interpretation of laws by fallible scholars, via the Quran and authentic Hadith, be they Sunni or Shia scholars. Those scholars are neither holy/infallible imams of the Ahlul Bayt (as) nor prophets. So these laws can be reviewed, annulled or adjusted if the bad is weighted to be more than the good. I'd leave that for the Iranians and their leaders/scholars to decide for themselves and what is good for them in sex change.

Further it is very possible to find another Shia ayatollah who views the permission by Ayatollah Khomeini on sex change to be invalid and haram. In Shia Islam, our scholars are mujtahids. The concept of ijtihad did not stop as it stopped in Sunnism with the four scholars of the four Sunni schools of thought. That is why in Shia Islam, the highest scholars can and are permitted to hold different views and opinions in interpretation. That will keep the religion fresh, dynamic, for all times and progressive. So there is no question about whether the fatwa of Ayatollah Khomeini can be wrong. It can. That is why in Shia Islam, based on the open concept of ijtihad among the highest scholars (marjaiyyah) who issue fatwas, the ordinary Shia (laity) can choose any among the 80 to 100 of them in the world to follow. You as a Shia can follow any of these scholars opinion and interpretation of Islamic laws and practices and you can also disagree with any of them. The concept of the marjaiyyah is for the laity to choose one of the ayatollahs and make him his source for emulation, as Sunnis follow one of the founders of the four Sunni schools only, and those four have died about a thousand years ago. We follow scholars that must be alive in terms of marjaiyyah or source of emulation called Taqlid. This means our scholars are not infallible and we accept criticism and improvement, as far as the criticism is of their legal opinion and interpretation and not of the fundamentals of the religion expressed unequivocally in the Holy Quran or the authentic Hadith.

So when your fellows want to turn this thread into a bashing exercise of Shia and they want to use it as launch pad to lie and talk nonsense, I simply laugh at what you do not know. You guys are used to anyone who knows some verses of the Quran and had memorized few fatwas with a long beard as worthy of being a scholar. And usually their views are put on par with the Quran and disagreeing with them can lead to Takfir. That's why you see Wahhabis can kill even themselves. Shia on the other hand do not go to such extremes and we view differences of opinions as healthy for our faith and progress as Muslims. And only the marjaiyyah-scholars with the title of ayatollah- that can issue fatwa for Shia. Not even our sheikhs issue fatwa!

In this way we are more organized and our scholars cannot become fatwa machines or government employees calling themselves muftis who make political fatwas to serve governments or tyrants as witnessed many times in the Sunni countries or even by terrorist groups. That is also why I'm Shia Islam not anyone calling himself scholar can call for jihad. Our scholarly system is based on the Imamate. When the ghaibatul kubrah of the 12th Imam (as) started, we are instructed to follow the fuqaha (plural of faqih). The scholar with title of ayatollah is the highest faqih we follow.the marjaiyyah gets its legitimacy from the Imamate and learning in the hawza and not through appointment.the Imamate is a divine station like prophethood.it is a reflection and successorship of prophethood. And both gain legitimacy from Allah (swt).

Both prophethood and Imamate are understood as political and spiritual leadership. The Sunni caliphate on the other hand doesn't get legitimacy from prophethood because you believe the Prophet left without any successor or system to choose a caliph and he left it for the people. Caliphate gets legitimacy from the people. And the Quran says Allah's choice is above ours and the Prophet has more right over us than we have over ourselves since the Shia believe the Prophet appointed a successor. We obey secular authorities on taqiyyah and for the sake of peace where do not have numbers and power (means) for the establishment of Islamic law. We were created on earth as khulafa of Allah and all authority must obey Allah and follow the line of prophethood and imamate to have divine approval/legitimacy for us to listen to and abide by. For a scholar to become an ayatollah or marja taqlid who can issue fatwa, he must have the approval of two existing and living ayatollahs in the hawza ilmiyyah (Islamic seminary in Qom or Najaf, the highest center of Shia learning equivalent to al azhar for Sunnis).

I have always been reasonable, and even with you people's outright dissimulation and deceits, I still maintain my open-mindedness and reasonableness in addressing all of the (sometimes) illogical attacks you people bring forth on a regular basis.

Anyway, what I intend to establish here is the problems associated with the strange fatwa of Khomeini, which you seem not to be against from your submissions thus far (you may correct me if I'm wrong). Now what I would have expected, with such evidences which clearly shows the dangers and problems this fatwa in question portends, is a strong proof against the videos, such as what the fatwa entails, and how people had abused it, or other Ayatollahs going against this fatwa as not Islamic. For the avoidance of doubt, it is haram to change what Allah has created, even drawing a tattoo isn't allowed or giving yourself a gap-tooth to look more beautiful etc. Well, perhaps such restrictions do not exist in your books, but we know for sure Allah (SWT) stated clearly in the Qur'an: "Verily, We have created man in the best of stature (image)" (Q95:4). This fatwa is problematic, I wonder how comfortable anyone can be with a man, who has turned to a woman or vice versa. This process defies nature, even with the surgery, the new transgender cannot function appropriately i.e the man who turned woman cannot ovulate, while the woman turned man cannot produce sperm. One would then ask, what is the essence of sex change in the first place? What problems was it trying to solve? Is this sex change about hating your body or as a result of thoughts brought about by society, especially, the west? Are there alternative solutions?!

If an individual has both sex organs, then that is a different case entirely, it is not a case of sex change, but rather correcting an anomaly, which is reasonable. This cannot be used as an excuse for allowing sex change. If you do have one sex organ, a male or a female, that is what Allah (SWT) wants you to be. If a man or woman feels strange in his/her own body, then such people need a psychiatrist, not surgery to change their body to fit their desires, for a man can wake up tomorrow, and wants to be a bird! Yeah! to fly and fly away!

Isn't it funny how you guys can paint Salafist/Wahabist with the same brush being terrorists and takfiris, Saudi Arabia the home and supporters of these terrorists etc. But when the same is said about your sect and Iran, you all become philosophical, that is hypocrisy if you do not know.

3 Likes

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by ShiaMuslim: 10:27pm On Jul 17, 2016
sino:

I have always been reasonable, and even with you people's outright dissimulation and deceits, I still maintain my open-mindedness and reasonableness in addressing all of the (sometimes) illogical attacks you people bring forth on a regular basis.
Anyway, what I intend to establish here is the problems associated with the strange fatwa of Khomeini, which you seem not to be against from your submissions thus far (you may correct me if I'm wrong).

i do not oppose it and i do not support. i am indifferent to it because it does not affect me in anyway. it does not force me to change my sex and does not make me force others to do it. the act is based on consent and the will of those who would like to do the act. it is consensual. i am also indifferent to this fatwa because i do not have sufficient knowledge on it to support or promote it, and it is not a requirement of my faith as Shia or Muslim to either support or oppose. i have not studied it enough in my estimation.

Now what I would have expected, with such evidences which clearly shows the dangers and problems this fatwa in question portends, is a strong proof against the videos, such as what the fatwa entails, and how people had abused it, or other Ayatollahs going against this fatwa as not Islamic.

it is reported that there are 300 cases annually in Iran. compared to the population it is insignificant.

it is not a case of other Ayatollahs going against it. they may simply rule that it is makruh or haram. it is not a protest. they will express their views as fuqaha and also respect the view of Ayatollah Khomeini. they sometimes agree to disagree. that is the point i explained above about the system of marjaiyyah in Shia Islam. all our scholars cannot agree on everything, aside from the fundamentals of the religion categorically expressed in the Quran and the authentic hadiths. they are not programmed robots and are allowed to have differences in views. it is called Ijtihad. according to Sunni Islam, the sahaba exercised this privilege of ijtihad. for instance in the case of Khalid Ibn al-Walid and the rape of the wife of Malik Ibn Nuweira (ra).

For the avoidance of doubt, it is haram to change what Allah has created, even drawing a tattoo isn't allowed or giving yourself a gap-tooth to look more beautiful etc. Well, perhaps such restrictions do not exist in your books, but we know for sure Allah (SWT) stated clearly in the Qur'an: "Verily, We have created man in the best of stature (image)" (Q95:4).

the question of tattoo for instance, our scholars have different views on it. some would say it is makruh. others will say it is permissible as far as it does not promote sin. they do not interpret the above verse as such when it comes to tattoo or beautifying one's self or enhancing one's beauty. otherwise, you may as well say that cutting of one's hair is changing Allah's creation! these are jurisprudence issues and i am not a scholar. i take precaution and i avoid these issues that i do not have full knowledge on or have no consequence on me personally.

This fatwa is problematic, I wonder how comfortable anyone can be with a man, who has turned to a woman or vice versa. This process defies nature, even with the surgery, the new transgender cannot function appropriately i.e the man who turned woman cannot ovulate, while the woman turned man cannot produce sperm. One would then ask, what is the essence of sex change in the first place? What problems was it trying to solve? Is this sex change about hating your body or as a result of thoughts brought about by society, especially, the west? Are there alternative solutions?!

in Iran, there is much opposition to homosexuality. i believe this fatwa was made on the basis that it is a corrective measure to homosexuality; either to dissuade young people from homosexuality, or to correct it. if you are a man and you want to sleep with another man, then change your sex. if you wont change your sex, then do not sleep with the same sex. it sounds like a deterrent. grin

also, it is applies to hermaphrodites. and it applies to people with defects or hormonal imbalances.

so the fatwa can be viewed, in my opinion, from the angle of deterrent, corrective measure and medical treatment.

If an individual has both sex organs, then that is a different case entirely, it is not a case of sex change, but rather correcting an anomaly, which is reasonable. This cannot be used as an excuse for allowing sex change.

yes, that is still sex change. the female athletes have suffered in this case.

If you do have one sex organ, a male or a female, that is what Allah (SWT) wants you to be. If a man or woman feels strange in his/her own body, then such people need a psychiatrist, not surgery to change their body to fit their desires, for a man can wake up tomorrow, and wants to be a bird! Yeah! to fly and fly away!

what if you are born with two heads, or in case of the Siamese twins? is that also what Allah wants?

so if in the future science can make it possible to clone a wing to your body and can make you fly, would you deem that as haram?

Isn't it funny how you guys can paint Salafist/Wahabist with the same brush being terrorists and takfiris, Saudi Arabia the home and supporters of these terrorists etc. But when the same is said about your sect and Iran, you all become philosophical, that is hypocrisy if you do not know.

i already stated that this isnt a fundamental belief. you are not forced to change your sex. you are not forcing anyone to change your sex.

secondly, Khomeini is not the founder of Shia Islam, and he is not the father of our Ja'fari school of thought. Ayatollah Khomeini was an alim, and a jurist. you can follow his interpretations and fatwas or follow that of others. these are not fundamentals. refusing the opinions of Khomeini does not make one less of a Muslim or more.

the fatwa on the other hand of Ibn Taymiyyah who is called "shaykhul islam", and is the father of Salafism, and the role model of Ibn Abdul-Wahab the father of Saudi Salafism aka Wahhabism can make you a Muslim or a non-Muslim. the fundamental teaching of Salafism is TAKFIR (who is Muslim and who is not) and based on that TAKFIRI KILLINGS. their teachings are fundamentals. in one of their beliefs, they identify a "true Muslim" based on his opinion on Ibn Taymiyyah. if you love Ibn Taymiyyah you are a true Muslim, and if not, you are not a correct Muslim. these two scholars made Takfir a fundamental of their belief and teachings. the Prophet (s) said anyone who believes in shahadatain is a Muslim. while those two scholars taught that even with the shahadatain a Muslim believes in, you can still be labelled a "mushrik" and a "murtad". and not only that, if they pass takfir (verdict of disbelief) on someone and you refuse to disassociate yourself from that person, you will be punished too and called "kafir".

if i do not believe in Khomeini's fatwa on sex change, no one will kill me or deem me an apostate to be killed. so the comparison does not hold.
Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by ShiaMuslim: 10:32pm On Jul 17, 2016
Fatwa allows sex changes in Iran, but stigma remains

Iran ranks second in the world in the number of sex-reassignment surgeries performed each year.

The Iranian government goes so far as to subsidize the surgeries, paying up to half of the high expenses of both surgery and treatment. Iran says an average of 300 of these surgeries are performed in the country each year.

In 1987, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini’s fatwa gave the green light for sex-reassignment surgeries. While many consider the now-female Maryam Molkara the first Iranian transsexual to undergo sex-reassignment surgery in 1987, a 60-year-old issue of the Iranian Ettelaat newspaper cites an earlier case. The newspaper ran the story of a proud and happy girl-turned-boy Farhad (formerly Farideh) and his nurse in Tehran’s Pahlavi hospital.

“Deep down, Farideh had always felt she’s a boy,” his mother said, “so I brought her to Tehran from our city [Shabestar, in western Azerbaijan] for evaluation." As Ettelaat informs us, Farideh successfully underwent surgery and treatment in Tehran and when interviewed, expressed enthusiasm for serving in the military.

Maryam Molkara (formerly Fereydoun), however, was religious, and apparently intended to encourage the clerics to issue a fatwa allowing sex reassignment. Khomeini did so, and Fereydoun became Maryam and continued to live in Iran as a woman until she passed away last year.

Another version of the story behind Khomeini’s fatwa is that he decided to issue it after meeting with a couple who were not sexually attracted to each other and could not have intercourse because one of them felt out of place.

Some believe that the ayatollah had made a decision about transsexuals years before the 1979 Islamic Revolution, while he was in exile in Iraq and after having read a letter from Molkara, requesting the cleric’s blessing to transform and become a woman.

Iran’s Health Ministry reports that 56% of transsexuals are males who would rather be female, and 44% are women who want to become men.

Tehran’s fashion of dealing with openly transsexual citizens willing to reassign their gender is yet another paradoxical aspect of the administration’s peculiar prescriptions for “curing” homosexuals.

While Iran does not acknowledge attraction to the same sex, it encourages individuals who, they believe, are confused sexually or from their perception, suffer from sexual disorders to seek out switching their gender. While valid and legal, this option is not as easy as it may sound.

Dr. Mehrdad Baghaei, an Iranian surgeon who specializes in sex-reassignment surgery in Tehran and has been active and well-known in this field over the past decade, told Al-Monitor that most of his patients are young. In a phone interview, he said, “Yet, from time to time, I see unusual cases. Just this morning, I operated on a 61-year-old man, married with grown kids, who wants to become a woman.”

Baghaei added that religious families have less trouble fathoming and accepting their loved ones as transsexuals, since they have faith in what they consider God’s will and would much rather see their family member undergo gender change than be gay.

The Islamic Republic of Iran basically has the same approach: If you stand on either side of the sexual spectrum, as expected, you’re accepted. It’s the "in-between" that makes the government uneasy.

The path to sex reassignment is by no means a short one, nor is it simple — not if aid from the government is desired or needed. An individual who feels the urge to switch genders must start the process by seeing an authorized psychiatrist. These psychiatrists are known and listed, most of them specializing in sexology.

Baghaei tells Al-Monitor, “Six psychiatrists need to examine the patient and talk with them, usually during multiple sessions, to confirm the necessity of gender change. Then, a commission of psychiatrists needs to sign off on the diagnosis of 'sexual disorder.' A forensic examiner of the Iranian Legal Medicine Organization is then required to see the patient and confirm the diagnosis, at which point the Legal Medicine Organization issues a permit validating the sex-reassignment surgery."

The Welfare Organization of Iran covers half of the total expenses of gender change, which includes surgeries, hormone therapy and psychological aftercare. There is usually a wait-list for this coverage. Most patients find waiting worth their while, since it rarely exceeds six months. Immediately after the sex-reassignment surgery, the government issues a new birth certificate for the transsexual citizen and the original one is discarded.

Sina (formerly Simin) is a 26-year-old transsexual receiving hormone therapy and counseling. Talking with Al-Monitor over the phone, he sounds like a teenager whose voice has not quite broken yet. He tells me he looks forward to having a really deep voice. Sina, who co-owns a fancy boutique in the center of Tehran, tells me he is ecstatic about having a girlfriend. He says, "I’m really proud of the decision I made. I’m much more comfortable now, too. Got rid of the hassle of wearing a headscarf. Now I can unbutton my shirt and show a bit of chest hair. It’s gradually getting hairier, so I’ll get to open the second button soon.”

But not everyone is as elated as Sina. Rouzbeh, 18, lives in northern Iran, by the Caspian Sea. He’s already gotten the slip of paper he’d always yearned for: the permit for living his dream of becoming Roudabeh. He’s at the gate, waiting to be let in — except the gate is locked. He told Al-Monitor that he sleeps with the permit under his pillow at night; it is his most invaluable piece of property, his passport to finally breaking free.

Rouzbeh is religious, and is having an extremely difficult time convincing his family that he really feels feminine. He tells me that he attempted suicide last month and prays day and night for God to take him away or grant his wish of becoming his true inner self: a woman, which is what, according to him, Islam supports.

But Rouzbeh’s parents have tried to “get him well” since he turned 13. They have taken him to top doctors both in their city and in Tehran. They have forced Rouzbeh to take male hormones. They just cannot wrap their heads around “him” longing to be “her.”

The challenge of being a transsexual Iranian citizen is not so much the transformation itself as it is surviving the storm of stigma which exists. One may have a different birth certificate, a different look, a different name, but most likely will be forced to find a different job, different mannerisms and a different skin: a much, much thicker one, one that can tolerate the taboo of being a transsexual Iranian.

Mehrnaz Samimi is an Iranian-American journalist. On Twitter: @mehrnazsamimi

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2013/10/iran-subsidizes-sex-change-surgery.html#ixzz4EhhV1ABr
Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by sino(m): 11:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
@ShiaMuslim

The concept of Ijtihad is fully understood in Sunnism, and there happens to be adequate materials in regards to this. That you are indifferent to this issue is unsettling, saying just 300 out of the whole population is insignificant shows your level of empathy to your fellow man, not to even talk of to your fellow Muslim brother. So if just one person in your hood is made to suffer, you are indifferent right, it is just one person right?! Even for the fact that it is Iran, and they are shi'ah, I do feel empathy for them, I believe they were ill informed and were somewhat coerced into making such a choice by the fatwa.

In sunni, such a fatwa would have been addressed by scholars and properly put in its right place, i.e in the trash. But it seems your Ayatollahs can get away with anything, no one dares ask questions...

Having two heads is an anomaly, and science being able to provide a machine to fly with, is quite different from growing wings out of my back...If Allah (SWT) want's human beings to fly, he would have created us with wings. Do you believe in scientist more than Allah (SWT)? Are you saying Allah (SWT) didn't know what he created and why he created us so?! (Subhanallah!)

If what one of your highest religious personality says does not concern you as a member of that religion, you might as well say you do not belong to the religion in the first place.
ShiaMuslim:
in Iran, there is much opposition to homosexuality. i believe this fatwa was made on the basis that it is a corrective measure to homosexuality; either to dissuade young people from homosexuality, or to correct it. if you are a man and you want to sleep with another man, then change your sex. if you wont change your sex, then do not sleep with the same sex. it sounds like a deterrent. grin

The above reason is not a corrective measure and deterrent to homosexuality, and it is not funny either. It reminds me of a group of people who want to eat their cakes and have it, or people looking for ways to bend the rules, something peculiar to people who lack faith, people when Allah (SWT) forbids something, they look for ways to still do that which is forbidden, by calling it other names or changing its form, like calling usury, business, and now homosexuality, by transgender/sex change, I also know you do not frown at anal intercourse...Well what can I say, we are truly in the end times...

May Allah (SWT) safeguard us. Ameen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by ShiaMuslim: 12:29am On Jul 18, 2016
sino:
@ShiaMuslim
The concept of Ijtihad is fully understood in Sunnism, and there happens to be adequate materials in regards to this. That you are indifferent to this issue is unsettling, saying just 300 out of the whole population is insignificant shows your level of empathy to your fellow man, not to even talk of to your fellow Muslim brother. So if just one person in your hood is made to suffer, you are indifferent right, it is just one person right?! Even for the fact that it is Iran, and they are shi'ah, I do feel empathy for them, I believe they were ill informed and were somewhat coerced into making such a choice by the fatwa.
In sunni, such a fatwa would have been addressed by scholars and properly put in its right place, i.e in the trash. But it seems your Ayatollahs can get away with anything, no one dares ask questions...
Having two heads is an anomaly, and science being able to provide a machine to fly with, is quite different from growing wings out of my back...If Allah (SWT) want's human beings to fly, he would have created us with wings. Do you believe in scientist more than Allah (SWT)? Are you saying Allah (SWT) didn't know what he created and why he created us so?! (Subhanallah!)
If what one of your highest religious personality says does not concern you as a member of that religion, you might as well say you do not belong to the religion in the first place.
The above reason is not a corrective measure and deterrent to homosexuality, and it is not funny either. It reminds me of a group of people who want to eat their cakes and have it, or people looking for ways to bend the rules, something peculiar to people who lack faith, people when Allah (SWT) forbids something, they look for ways to still do that which is forbidden, by calling it other names or changing its form, like calling usury, business, and now homosexuality, by transgender/sex change, I also know you do not frown at anal intercourse...Well what can I say, we are truly in the end times...
May Allah (SWT) safeguard us. Ameen.

your opinions and those of mine really do not matter as to the reasons the Iranians allow this. but now you are putting words into my mouth and adding pepper and maggi to the story, as the sole purpose of this thread was for that. i fail to see how i lack empathy over the decision someone make to change his sex. if a fatwa says the act is not forbidden, it may still be deemed makruh, then how is that coercion? no one send you and you choose to do it. save your fake sympathy. Shias get massacred weekly and you have not shown that sympathy. i havent read a post or thread of yours showing us your sympathy. our scholars are custodians of our faith. whatever decisions they reach is best known to Allah and to them. however, on such an issue which is not binding upon me, and scholars can differ on and it does not affect me anyhow, i am indifferent.
Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by sino(m): 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2016
ShiaMuslim:

your opinions and those of mine really do not matter as to the reasons the Iranians allow this. but now you are putting words into my mouth and adding pepper and maggi to the story, as the sole purpose of this thread was for that. i fail to see how i lack empathy over the decision someone make to change his sex. if a fatwa says the act is not forbidden, it may still be deemed makruh, then how is that coercion? no one send you and you choose to do it. save your fake sympathy. Shias get massacred weekly and you have not shown that sympathy. i havent read a post or thread of yours showing us your sympathy. our scholars are custodians of our faith. whatever decisions they reach is best known to Allah and to them. however, on such an issue which is not binding upon me, and scholars can differ on and it does not affect me anyhow, i am indifferent.

Oga Ade! I did not put words in your mouth, I only responded to your statement of "300 being insignificant" accordingly. I used somewhat coerced, you even opined that the basis of this fatwa was due to the strict law on homosexuals in Iran, and if you had watched the videos, one of them actually said he wouldn't have gone for the sex change, there was even an argument in the video number 4 about the fatwa. The fatwa was the propelling force to go ahead with the surgery, if the fatwa wasn't there, these guys would still be guys!

Anyways, I pray innocent people would understand Islam more and not fall into this horrible trap called fatwa, people with homosexual tendencies or other issues pertaining to their sex and sexuality should rather go to a psychiatrist and seek professional help, instead of compounding their woes...

3 Likes

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by ShiaMuslim: 11:33pm On Jul 20, 2016
sino:

Oga Ade! I did not put words in your mouth, I only responded to your statement of "300 being insignificant" accordingly. I used somewhat coerced, you even opined that the basis of this fatwa was due to the strict law on homosexuals in Iran, and if you had watched the videos, one of them actually said he wouldn't have gone for the sex change, there was even an argument in the video number 4 about the fatwa. The fatwa was the propelling force to go ahead with the surgery, if the fatwa wasn't there, these guys would still be guys!
Anyways, I pray innocent people would understand Islam more and not fall into this horrible trap called fatwa, people with homosexual tendencies or other issues pertaining to their sex and sexuality should rather go to a psychiatrist and seek professional help, instead of compounding their woes...

thanks for your fatwa...i'd rather have one from a learned scholar. your fatwa is based on selective judgment, and more likely exceptions. and your solution may still not suffice for those who may say "had there been a fatwa permitting sex change...".

anyways, thanks a lot "Ayatollah Sino". tongue
Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by vedaxcool(m): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
shocked shocked auzobillahi see how shaytan has mislead someone to the extent he defends bestiality and homorubbuish.

Indeed there is no compulsion in religion truth stands out manifest from falsehood.

5 Likes

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by ShiaMuslim: 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
Maybe now the topic can be changed to "the Tragedy of Sex Change in Nigeria" after reading the below!!!! grin As if the thing is unique to Iran tongue

"ANOTHER YORUBA MAN TRANSFORMS TO WOMAN (see unbelievable photos) "

https://www.naij.com/904730-another-yoruba-man-transforms-woman-see-unbelievable-photos.html
Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by usba: 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
ShiaMuslim:
Maybe now the topic can be changed to "the Tragedy of Sex Change in Nigeria" after reading the below!!!! grin As if the thing is unique to Iran tongue

"ANOTHER YORUBA MAN TRANSFORMS TO WOMAN (see unbelievable photos) "

https://www.naij.com/904730-another-yoruba-man-transforms-woman-see-unbelievable-photos.html
u

Sir, if I got you right Iran gets it's interpretation of shariah from the acts of any random Yoruba man on the streets?

2 Likes

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by Demmzy15(m): 12:49am On Jul 28, 2016
usba:
u

Sir, if I got you right Iran gets it's interpretation of shariah from the acts of any random Yoruba man on the streets?
grin grin grin grinMy oga, you never see anything o. He even claimed sex-change is deterrent against homosexuality. undecided cry grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by usba: 8:18am On Jul 28, 2016
Demmzy15:
grin grin grin grinMy oga, you never see anything o. He even claimed sex-change is deterrent against homosexuality. undecided cry grin grin

Deterrent ke? This is haram how would a country that claims to be Islamic act in such manner? So to deter a thief you empower him to steal? This is just crazy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by Demmzy15(m): 7:50pm On Jun 30, 2017
I didn't watch the video before now, I'm in tears. Look at how they've destroyed their lives, they are now prostitutes! embarassed cry

Chaiiiii!!!! Khomeini you cannot escape Allaah's wrath! angry

1 Like

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by tintingz(m): 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
What happens to sex change, are there no hermaphrodites, transgender out there that are suffering from medical problems?

1 Like

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by tintingz(m): 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2017
MrOlai:

On the issue of hermaphrodites, that is clearly an abnormal medical condition. It is exceptionally different from what shia are doing in Iran courtesy of the evil fatwa from your Ayatollah Khomeini. Medicine as a discipline is welcomed in Islam only to correct an anomaly, not to change Allah's creation.

On the issue of Homosexuality, it is a sheer madness! The Prophet(SAW) recommends death penalty for the homosexuals. Nobody is born homosexual! I repeat nobody is born homosexual! Homosexuals give such a silly excuse just for them to be allowed to continue with the madness. Homosexuality is nurture and not nature. People acquire homosexuality through practice with time.

- Prophet(SAW) gave severe punishments for the zoophiles; your scholars said NO!
And many more...

Are hermaphrodites created by Allah? Why did Allah create them? Why did Allah make sex defects? What's the cure for the people that have expression, behavior of the opposite sex( gender dysphoria) from the Quran or hadiths?

I can see so many irrationality in this thread even those that claim to study science, the only person so far that sees this situation with rational mind in this thread is obvious.

2 Likes

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by vedaxcool(m): 8:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
^^^

Sharap and try comprehending a second time.

1 Like

Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by tintingz(m): 7:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
vedaxcool:
^^^

Sharap and try comprehending a second time.
In a sectarian sect? grin
Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by vedaxcool(m): 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2017
tintingz:
In a sectarian sect? grin

No in your brain wink
Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by Kaytixy: 9:46am On Jul 16, 2017
Tintinz ur foolishness can't be solved here.
Re: The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa by tintingz(m): 10:54am On Jul 16, 2017
Kaytixy:
Tintinz ur foolishness can't be solved here.
ofocs it can't, since here is filled with deluded people. cool

(1) (Reply)

My Little Prayer - A Poem / Need A Sugar Daddy Or Sugar Mummy? / Should Muslims Pray 3 Times (qur'an 2:238) A Day Instead Of Five?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 246
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.