Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor (39687 Views)

Man Blasts Maria Ude Nwachi, Shows Shocking Picture Of Bridge In Her Village / Maria Ude Nwachi's House In Abuja (Photos) / Maria Ude Nwachi: 'I Am Attracted To Intelligence, With It, You Can Have Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by Newshelmboss(m): 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ebonyi State's lawmaker, Maria Ude Nwachi promises to sell the SUV gifted to her by the state governor, and use the proceeds to empower her constituents.

She Wrote

Honourable members of Ebonyi house of assembly were presented with swank brand new Prado SUVs each, on Thursday. It was really exciting. I was like WOW!! The cars are looking tempting, baddest and sooo mega hot. Soooo sooo yum-yum...

As yum-yum as the car looks, as baddest as the car looks, I will NOT drive it. The spoils of this car must be enjoyed by every living being and organism in Afikpo and even beyond. For Afikpo so love their daughter/mother, ‪#‎BCEL‬, that they stood their ground, made national history, by electing a political nobody like me, a person without a single political structure, no godfather, limited mula, no nothing, via a party, PPA, that did not even have an office in Ebonyi state. Unheard of! I remain the only elected member of PPA in the whole federation and the only member of a minority party in the entire Ebonyi state house of assembly. So what are we talking about here, this hot ride is yours biko. You no dey drag am with anyone. Na yours!!! Ooogini. Uka akpawo onwue.

This ride will be turned into liquids! The proceed will be used towards massive empowerment. Revolving loans, and to aid those in need of small funds to start a business or kick life into their businesses. A portion of it will go towards my some of my on-going projects for the sweetest people of Afikpo. Onwe be nu gu ihe nji onwo mu emeee oooo. Na you be my mission. Period.

I will personally chop 200k of this liquid, what will I use it for? Buy as much wax/ankara as I want. Sow as many wax gowns and wrapper/blouse as I want, can't sow enough of them. lol. Hey, I gotta have my own fun. Body no be fayawood.

Ahem, my Facebook constituency, you know how we do it, winkz. Na we we things nah. Your share dey there...Chill.

A special thank you to HE. Engr. David Nweze Umahi, my Right Honourable Speaker, and my fellow honourable members!!!

Note to all: This ride is our official entitlement. Literally every state in the federation has already given their honourable members their cars, Ebonyi is basically the last to do this. Our Governor was even under fire from various quarters for not having yet given us our own. This has been the norm since the advent of democracy in this nation. Ebonyi cannot be different. If any change has to be made; it has to be a national change. To those wondering if our Governor pays salaries; yest he does. Our governor is not amongst the state governors not paying salaries of workers.

Addendum: Winning election no easy oo. That is why there are less than 3000 people elected in the whole of this country. Every elected should be able to do what they want with their entitlement. I chose to do this because it is convenient with my lifestyle. It coincides with my person. And it is my personal choice. Do not judge others based on my personal choice because they also have their own way of doing good things for those they're representing.

Dear Greatest Afikpo, your burden remains my burden, happily, joyfully! You ain't see narrin yet, at all. I love you, madly,

Yours Truly,
Maria Ude Nwachi (Afikpo Chic).

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/07/photos-ebonyi-lawmaker-promises-to-sell.html

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 09, 2016
This is a commendable act. Wisdomkosi, I think your cries have reached some listening ears. Blastos, can you now see that the cars were given out as gifts by the governor?

50 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by chocolateme(f): 12:31pm On Jul 09, 2016
Sell fire

Modified..
I didn't know that she has a good heart unlike other kworopt politicians, she should keep up the good work.

19 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by RockHard: 12:39pm On Jul 09, 2016
Better woman. E better make she sell am, use part of the money buy Innoson brand and use the remainder of the money to empower her constituents. The governor no try at all.

9 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by Alleybuy(m): 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2016
Excellent decision Maria.
Oga Seun and Lalasticla kindly do the needful.

4 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by SurefireFashion: 1:05pm On Jul 09, 2016
Nice 1
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by DesChyko: 1:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
Is this not an official vehicle? If it is, then, this opinion is out of consideration because it's a government asset.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by aressssa: 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2016
So, the car na gift and not official government property? Abi how do you sell off official government property?

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by Tunami(m): 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
I reserve my comment Until she sell it before i will knw what to comment.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by NextGovernor(m): 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
Nigeria politicians always trying to deceive the ignorant people. How can you sell government property. Equally sell the officer house given to you make the money plenty. Nonsense.

30 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by meezynetwork(m): 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2016
maria aka afikpo chic is someone I know with a heart of gold. Prado jeeps for honourable members has always been a norm in Nigeria. So I salute her courage

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by dayowunmi(m): 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
First of all, what is the rationale behind buying a car for each member? How many of them doesn't have their personal cars before and how does this gargantuan waste of public money better the lot of the citizens of the state.

11 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by Dejohnbull: 1:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
Keep it up, one day u will get to the top. Afikpo chic
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by ogawisdom(m): 1:54pm On Jul 09, 2016
See drama cool

2016 Prado SUV worth 15m as gift, wat a waste of public fund. The action of this Hon chic has clearly demonstrated dt it was a needless gift, if at all they shld get 5m suv.

Spending this much for a state legislator in hard economy is unacceptable esp for a poor state like Ebonyi

18 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by Luckylife(m): 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
This is the type of leaders Nigerians need in the helm of affairs not rulers that prefer the comfort of developed nations to their country with insensitive policies.

18 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by BlackSeptember: 2:11pm On Jul 09, 2016
God bless her. There is still humans among our idiots politicians

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by veekid(m): 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
OK
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by truthspeaks: 2:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
From Buhari to state governors to NASS members to Local govt leaders; all will say no money wen it comes to d plight of ordinary Nigerians but keep buying SUVs n travelling up n down. Dis country is ripe for revolution tay tay

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by Wisdomkosi(m): 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
bejeiodus:
This is a commendable act. Wisdomkosi, I think your cries have reached some listening ears. Blastos, can you now see that the cars were given out as gifts by the governor?
Thanks for the acknowledgement. When I posted this my article, some threatened me while some insulted me. Well Jah knows the best. https://www.nairaland.com/3213807/weep-state-ebonyi-wisdomkosi

3 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by Dandsome: 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
ok madam, we don hear o.

Meanwhile,

Hawkers will run about 100 metres to meet up with your bus, you will touch the bottle of LaCasera, Coca-cola, Pepsi and say "it is not even very cold" angry

Then you go ahead to touch Gala and say "it is too strong" undecided undecided

..... And you think you can make Heaven? Hardly, infact No tongue tongue tongue tongue.......

Mbok!! be kind to others!!!!!

Happy weekend.

Please don`t quote me o.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by manuel80(m): 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
fair enough
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by Araoluwa005(m): 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
really

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2016
That's good.
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by Dottore: 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2016
A very beautiful and daring move to greater days ahead. I love this

1 Like

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by EddyNumerouno(m): 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2016
God bless her kind heart

1 Like

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by Richie0974: 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2016
She should sell it first and use it as she said she will or else adonbilivit, no be today these politicians don dey talk am.

1 Like

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by Vendoor(f): 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
Nice initiative cheesy
Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by madapcmod: 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
BCEL (best chic ever liveth) always on point.

2 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by texazzpete(m): 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2016
Those of you praising the lady have to be out of your minds

Selling the car and handing over the money is personal generosity on her part, and that - for me - is a personal thing.

What is extremely clear is that she is every bit a part of the problem in Nigeria. To insist publicly that a 15 + million Naira car is an 'entitlement' in a time of recession is just mindblowing.

Even worse is her claim that 'change must be national'. Change MUST come from everyone of us if this country is to improve. Using the logic that "all other states have given their own legislators car gifts and our own cannot be different" is just totally hilarious.

I must admit to being extremely disappointed. Reading the headline, I'd imagined it was an attempt to show the world that these 'official cars' were an extravagant largesse that Governors should abstain from doing...yet the entire article is a validation of the waste of state funds.

Some of you will flame me for this. I'm prepared.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by 2rutalk1: 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2016
Even before becoming a member of the House, Hon. Maria has always been a Philanthropist. That jeep is nothing compared to what she has done for the People of Afikpo. Her popularity earned her that post from a Political Party that is not known in Ebonyi State (PPA). Anybody who lives in Ebonyi State knows how difficult it is to win any election in the State from a Party other than PDP, but Hon. Maria Broke that jinx. She is a super woman.

17 Likes

Re: Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor by Orikinla(m): 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2016
So?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Buhari, Dangote & Sanwo-Olu In Lagos / PDP Members In Free-For-All Fight In Celestine Omehia's House (Video) / Benin Republic Has Not Released Igboho - Lawyer, Sowore Speak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.