Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,379 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? (10328 Views)

5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues / Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute / Praying In Tongues For Seven Hours: Powerful Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by janeto07(f): 8:05am On Jul 10, 2016
dunno o
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by Kakamorufu(m): 8:05am On Jul 10, 2016
dcommissioner:
Can listening to gospel music in the morning serve as praying in the morning!!!

or can a person substitute praying in the morning with listening to Gospel music??
no no no
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 10, 2016
Nah nah nah. If it were singing hymns and worship songs, I could bend over a little. Buh gospel music? No jor
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by royalfamily(m): 8:06am On Jul 10, 2016
Th

This forum is something else very soon someone wil ask this question on this forum ,if he could sleep with his wife before going to work or not. ......
Atimes its good to use one discretion.
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by Barigaboy(m): 8:06am On Jul 10, 2016
Devil makes it difficult for christians to pray to their creator. Praises have its part n Prayers have it part. God love praises but don't forget u need to speak to him. Satan weakens people in d area of praying, singing praises n going to church. That's y u may not no any christian song but can sing Dongoyara, One Dance, Shoki from the beginning to d end.
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by davibid: 8:07am On Jul 10, 2016
It depends on what your spirit really feel like doing smiley
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by MCeeShort(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2016
NO I CAN'T!

There's no substitute for praying, except when u are doing the singing yourself...that's the substitute and not ur listening to it.
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by tobore4u(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2016
petra1:

It doesn't . When you play music it's the radio that is singing not you
exactly, it can never be a substitute for prayer.
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by Benblaq(m): 8:09am On Jul 10, 2016
bt party jamz like sanko or shakebody cn substitute for prayers
M a confusionist by religion
So dnt quote me
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by dadido(m): 8:10am On Jul 10, 2016
One should not substitude the other u can first of all give thanks to God for giving u the grace of seeing that day (in prayer) after which u can sing praise if u can or play it through any available device.
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by iyaegin: 8:11am On Jul 10, 2016
I feel nostalgic reading this becos I sometimes feel so lazy to pray however once I can get music playing,its the fuel i need to charge up the atmosphere.
@Op don't let people confuse you, it's ok to listen to gospel music on the radio so far as that will inspire you to pray immediately especially if you have learnt how to pray in tongues which greatly helps in this circumstance of yours.
Note this however that listening to music or singing yourself will never replace prayer, same way praying alone or listening to messages is not sufficient enough to not reading his word i.e the Bible,that us very key.
Remember the verse "he has esteemed his word above his name".so listen to songs but still pray, pray but still read the word.
And by this am also speaking to myself actually lol
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 10, 2016
After Worship Songs comes the call for prayer I am about to go on my knees
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by martineverest(m): 8:13am On Jul 10, 2016
Prayer comes in different form: Speaking, meditation and thoughts, and singing
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by Abodunrin07(m): 8:15am On Jul 10, 2016
No, praises and prayers are different
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by francisbiz: 8:15am On Jul 10, 2016
Flexherbal:
Prayer is you communicating with God. Not a radio. It can only inspire you to praise, pray and worship God.
I think you said it all.
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by enm(m): 8:18am On Jul 10, 2016
Funny ops,

To your question the answer is no because a closed mouth is a closed destiny so don't substitute the radio for your mouth. Open your mouth and praise God.

But its not bad if you sing along with the radio, from my experience it work that is if you don't do it anyhow.

Now to your question, nothing wrong in substituting prayer with songs of praise and worship because praises and worship is another way of bringing down heaven on earth on ones life. Have you forgotten that, God inhabit praise.

Sometime when am tired of praying or too tired to pray, I indulge in praises and worship and believe me the holy spirit will take over,you will feel relieve and peace in your mind and if it is require that you pray the holyspirit will be downloading prayer points to you and you won't know when you will begin to pray.

Praises and worship helps and boost us spiritually even the devil can not withstand and stop you from praying.

Bless you all from glory to glory
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by Mcowubaba: 8:21am On Jul 10, 2016
Firstly there shouldn't be anything termed like Morning prayer...
We are to pray always without ceasing (1 Thess 5:16...)

One of the major problem of Christians is doctrines, following laid down rules and regulations......

Brethren as the Holy Spirit leads you, you can decide to sing praises and worship only throughout the week.....
The book of Psalms is an example......
Songs of Solomon....
Worship the Lord in spirit and in truth......

There is also a saying I heard from St Augustine "A person who sings well prays twice"
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by shiki(m): 8:22am On Jul 10, 2016
dcommissioner:
Can listening to gospel music in the morning serve as praying in the morning!!!

or can a person substitute praying in the morning with listening to Gospel music??

Answer my question and I will answer yours ..

...Can brushing ur teeth in the morning substitute ur breakfast?
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by kosokoadeyemi: 8:23am On Jul 10, 2016
Yes
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by chubbygal(f): 8:23am On Jul 10, 2016
SERVING GOD IS NOT AN OPTION IT IS A LIFE STYLE

Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by WhoIBe: 8:24am On Jul 10, 2016
If you want to look very muscular, can dancing substitute serious gyming?

Listening to gospel music is good it stirs you up to pray

Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by edemhe: 8:25am On Jul 10, 2016
Salvation is personal.
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by domopps(m): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2016
prettythicksme:
Op learn how to sing and praise God in ur own way

Change is indeed everywhere......was just reading your post on Menses on wedding night a thread opened by one of those NL diabolic twins Naughtynaughty and Hateu2 compare to your post now anyways Today is Sun nd shouldn't expect less!

Cheeeeeers
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by comeandmarry: 8:26am On Jul 10, 2016
Dumb ass question.
Now a days druggies come on here to ask more dumb and drugged out question.
The most toughest part of sin,is our inability to control our mind.
Thats what the devil uses to pin us down to long suffering in disguise of enjoyment still sinning.
If you play gospel music and your mind is thinking about Dat ugly ass gurl you met and wanna sleep with.

What you hear might sound right,niggi but what you think while you hearing Dat music is what you really are.
Reminiscing over Dat shit.

bleeped up.

Niggi give it to him our creator a 100 percent or chill with the devil.
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by Proffdada: 8:30am On Jul 10, 2016
Of course, our righteousness are like filthy rags ,He demands more of praise and worship than prayers because He already knows your problems

1 Like

Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by echelons(m): 8:36am On Jul 10, 2016
Yes na.
I play FADA FADA by Phyno X Olamide every morning and my spirit is uplifted fir the day's work.

1 Like

Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by dipeolu16(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2016
No, none of these can be substituted for the other.
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by daveconcept(m): 8:45am On Jul 10, 2016
petra1:

It doesn't . When you play music it's the radio that is singing not you
you are right
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by Gkemz: 8:46am On Jul 10, 2016
Both of them are very necessary but gospel is not to be played on Sundays alone. Each of them has its unique role to play.
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by loadedvibes: 8:57am On Jul 10, 2016
Very funny topic and question. But I will give you an answer.

The problem here is that you do not understand what prayer is. If and when you do understand you won't be asking funny questions as this. undecided
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by loadedvibes: 8:59am On Jul 10, 2016
with full confidence see as you type spoil. sad shocked
Proffdada:
Of course, our righteousness are like filthy rags ,He demands more of praise and worship than prayers because He already knows your problems
Re: Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning?? by Wolex143: 9:03am On Jul 10, 2016
Two different things.

Its gud to play gospel music in the morning.

Bt ur prayer every morning means alot, even the bibles say we should be praying contineously, without rest and without lazziness.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Jesus God? / Knowing What Your Chi (guardian Angel) Is Capable Of Doing / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.