Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends (40197 Views)

FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football / Last Instagram Post Of UNILAG Student Who Died After An Outing With Man / Policemen Shoot UNIOSUN Students While Playing Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by obiremy: 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
A 500l student of University of Lagos, identified as Odusami AJibola Mathew of Department of Estate Management has died on Friday. According to the statement released by the suspended University of Student Union ULSU, the student slumped at school sport center while playing football and died instantly.

Annoucing the news to the student community, the Secretary of Faculty of Environment Sciences Students Association (FESSA) said:

"We regret to announce the sudden demise of our colleague, brother, course mate, Odusami Ajibola Matthew, 500L student of the department of Estate Management, Faculty of Environmental Sciences,
Though he was at the Faculty as well as sport centre yesterday, his death is a big shock to us and we will always remember him.

We pray his gentle soul rests in perfect peace. 
We love you.

From 
FESSA Secretariat.

A student of the department who claimed that Ajibola until his death was his friend wrote:

In the late hours of yesterday the news that a fellow Akokite slum and was lying unconscious in the medical center got to me, I was pained an wished the person regains consciousness back in no time. Had a flat battery, had to force myself to bed, woke up to d shocking news that the students that was unconscious before I went to bed yesterday have been confirmed dead, tried to get the identity of who he was but I discovered it was Jibola. I was so shocked and confused, I asked why it has to be Jibola repeatedly.. Jibola was a calm, reserved, intelligent and cool guy. God's only knows why he decided to take Jibola now..Jibola may your soul continue to rest in the Bossom of the Lord.. R.I.P @Jibostop..

Also confirming the news, his classmate, Folorunsho Adedolapo said he was playing football with his friends when he started breathing heavily and promptly excused himself to get some rest.
While walking towards a sit, he slumped and passed out. “He was immediately rushed to the Health Centre where the Doctors tried to resuscitate him for over an hour. Unable to do so, he was immediately transferred to LUTH, where he was certified dead".

Recalled that it has not be long a student of the same University (Eniola) drank sniper and died.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/unilag-final-year-student-dies-after.html

2 Shares

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by madridguy(m): 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
RIP

1 Like

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Thunderlicious: 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
Upon all the hustling. Is better to just take dis life as person see am.

RIP.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by femolacqua(m): 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
RIP
Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Taiyescott(m): 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
RIP..
Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
RIP TO THE DEAD..please dont forget to check my signature
Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by ceslide: 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
May what is dead never die

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
Same thing happened here in Sokoto this last Thursday at my friend's PPA. He only slumped and died just 15 minutes into the 5 A-side match.

This is just a lesson to those who hot tempered, who'll quickly resort to fisticuffs over just menial arguments:

Some people are just about to die, they only need someone to trigger their deaths.

Be careful, control your emotions.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by bmcariyo(m): 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
R. I. P
Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by passionate88: 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
Buhari sef undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by bigtt76(f): 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hmmm he doesn't look too fit to me with the protruding belly angry RIP to the dead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Pavore9: 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Painful.
Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Rip to the Dead!!
Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by martineverest(m): 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
really sad....what a vibrant young man..rip dude
Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Damalex4luv(m): 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
passionate88:
fool

8 Likes

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by rukkyland(m): 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
we live 2day.. 2moro we die.. what is da meaning of this moda fuckhing life. rip man.

1 Like

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
Bolustic:
. Kk
You need sense....

1 Like

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Dolazee(f): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
cry Rip
Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by trigar12(m): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
E still dey pain me mehn, ajibolaaaaa. Rip man

The real GUNNERS fan, my secondary school mate. We go miss u man.

10 Likes

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Ini9(m): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
Village pipo don succeed!!
Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by milky3(f): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
Jezzz 500l student. omg what will be d condition of d parents he left behind. just imagine the ups and downs he went through.

3 Likes

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by jsam2k5: 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
So sad.. RIP... I think he died from heart attack. #My Observations

2 Likes

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Harmored(m): 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
passionate88:

grin grin NAH SO YOU HUNGRY REACH

2 Likes

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by phaulzoe(m): 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
ceteris paribus everybody is expected to die but it shud not be at a younger age... anyway God knows best
Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Charles4075(m): 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
bigtt76:
Hmmm he doesn't look too fit to me with the protruding belly angry RIP to the dead.
Wetin concern you and him protruding belly E concern you

4 Likes

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Generalyemi(m): 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
dear reader.. is your name written in the book of life.,?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Jamesmatic(m): 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
RIP.. Biggy...
Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by macanu(m): 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Handsome boy wasted,pls youths like try and do medical check ups it not only 4 pa and ma,some will say na juju but it mayb a health dat has been facing up but he overlooked it or did not attend to it. Every death no be devil wrk

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by tosyne2much(m): 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
One day I will also sleep and never wake.. Death is inevitable
Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by mhisbliss(f): 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
Rip such a big guy
Re: Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends by Generalyemi(m): 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
phaulzoe:
ceteris paribus everybody is expected to die but it shud be at a younger age... anyway God knows best

are u mad...

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years / Student Moulds Bronze Sculpture Of The Ooni Of Ife For His Project (Photos) / I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.