Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. (8101 Views)

Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly / Names Of Senators Who Signed Ndume Out Of Senate Leadership / Senators Who Followed Saraki And Ekweremadu To Court Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by OneManLegion(m): 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2016
THIS IS ASSESSMENT ON AN INSTITUTION WITH ALL POLITICAL PARTIES. SO NOT A DISCUSSION ON ANY POLITICAL PARTY.

21 senators currently receiving pensions from government as ex-governors and deputy governors.

The current senators who once served as governors are Bukola Saraki of Kwara, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano, Kabiru Gaya of Kano, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Theodore Orji of Abia, Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa, Sam Egwu of Ebonyi, Shaaba Lafiagi of Kwara, Joshua Dariye of Plateau Jonah Jang of Plateau, Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko of Sokoto, Ahmed Sani Yarima of Zamfara, Danjuma Goje of Gombe, Bukar Abba Ibrahim of Yobe, Adamu Aliero of Kebbi, George Akume of Benue and Isiaka Adeleke of Osun.

The former deputy governors in the Senate are Ms Biodun Olujimi of Ekiti and Enyinaya Harcourt Abaribe of Abia. Danladi Abubakar Sani served as the acting governor of Taraba state.

Many former governors are also in Buhari's Cabinet as Ministers. This includes: Ngige, Fayemi, Amaechi and Fashola (SAN).).

In Akwa Ibom State, the law provides that ex governors and deputy governors receive pension equivalent to the salaries of the incumbent. The package also includes a new official car and a utility vehicle every four years; one personal aide; a cook, chauffeurs and security guards for the governor at a sum not exceeding N5 million per month and N2.5 million for his deputy governor.

In Rivers, the law provides 100 percent of annual basic salaries for the ex-governor and deputy, one residential house for the former governor “anywhere of his choice in Nigeria”; one residential house anywhere in Rivers for the deputy, three cars for the ex-governor every four years and two cars for the deputy every four years.

It is alledged that in Lagos, a former governor will get two houses, one in Lagos and another in Abuja, estimated at N500 million in Lagos and N700 million in Abuja. He also receives six new cars to be replaced every three years; a furniture allowance of 300 percent of annual salary to be paid every two years, and a N30 million pension annually for life.

This is the reality for all the 21 ex govenors and deputy governors who are currently serving as senators. This same is also true of ex governors who are now serving as Ministers.

NOW I ASK:
How many years did these guys serve their states as governors and deputy governors? Is it more than 8years? Is that a reason to be entitled to pensions for life? Even if they are entitled to pension for life, must it be so outrageous?

As if that is not enough: HOW on earth can any public servant with conscience collect salaries and allowances as a senator or minister, and still have the audacity to claim pensions equivalent to the salaries of a serving governor in Nigeria?

IT ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE......

Once you are elected a senator or appointed a minister, you must forfeit any pension accruing to you from government at any level until you vacate office. This should also apply to senators collecting military pensions like former Senate President David Mark.
Yet these senators are in the Senate that is inviting the current finance minister to discuss the recession of Nigeria's economy. A senator pockets approximately 30 million naira monthly as salary and allowances. Our "honourables" are not interested to make laws that could restructure our country into economically autonomous federating States/Regions to save the country from sectional agitations that is threatening to destroy Nigeria.The sad and hopeless situation is that the rest of Nigerians are busy arguing based on party, ethnic and affiliations while these enemies of state continue to rape us.

Do you know that it costs tax payers 290m Naira yearly to maintain each member of our National Assembly in a country where nothing works & 80% of population earn below 300 Naira a day ? A working day earning of a senator is more than a yearly income of a doctor; it's more than the salary of 42 Army generals or 48 professors or 70 commissioners of police or more than twice the pay of the US president or 9times the salary of US congressmen.
Please say NO to looting of Nigeria in the name of democracy by sending this text to at least 5 others.
I think the country must have a referendum on salaries of senators. This must happen very quickly.

If the government can't we the masses must revolve and this is the right time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by Threecrownz(m): 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2016
Madtmen....nd dem dey demand for pension too o as senators...and one useless political office older wil tell d masses 'i feel ur pain'...shai...God elp us fr dis naija...
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2016
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by fuckpro: 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2016
Are the senators not our brothers and sisters Aunts and Uncles mum and dad,product of a hypocritical society I beg lets here word I bet op would do worse than that of given the chance,that's what's makes. Us Nigerians remember Ruben Abati Nigerians are just pretenders they speak only with their mouth but their heart is something else

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by AngryNigerian(m): 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
Criminals on display...
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by Ideyontop: 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
These figures look rather inflated.
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by Standing5(m): 8:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
OneManLegion:

Do you know that it costs tax payers 290m Naira yearly to maintain each member of our National Assembly in a country where nothing works & 80% of population earn below 300 Naira a day ? A working day earning of a senator is more than a yearly income of a doctor; it's more than the salary of 42 Army generals or 48 professors or 70 commissioners of police or more than twice the pay of the US president or 9times the salary of US congressmen.
Please say NO to looting of Nigeria in the name of democracy by sending this text to at least 5 others.
I think the country must have a referendum on salaries of senators. This must happen very quickly.

If the government can't we the masses must revolve and this is the right time.
We weren't ready for independence. Our independence was aided by a weak British economy reeling from WW II effect.
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by ckmayoca: 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
With all the pension and current earning they will loot and steal and create personal pension from that also. Ndi ara
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by SurefireFashion: 9:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
Baba God Pick Up
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by OneManLegion(m): 1:53am On Jul 11, 2016
fuckpro:
Are the senators not our brothers and sisters Aunts and Uncles mum and dad,product of a hypocritical society I beg lets here word I bet op would do worse than that of given the chance,that's what's makes. Us Nigerians remember Ruben Abati Nigerians are just pretenders they speak only with their mouth but their heart is something else

Stop dragging me into your obvious paucity of moral codes. You have no idea what I would or wouldn't do if I had the power because you don't know the first thing about me. Not even my name!

I understand that if you were there, that's what YOU would do, but that's not I would do. We're not the same and never will be.

Now pack your bags and baggages and leave my thread. I didn't create it for unintelligent ragamuffins.

2 Likes

Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by fuckpro: 2:12am On Jul 11, 2016
OneManLegion:

Stop dragging me into your obvious paucity of moral codes. You have no idea what I would or wouldn't do if I had the power because you don't know the first thing about me. Not even my name!

I understand that if you were there, that's what YOU would do, but that's not I would do. We're not the same and never will be.

Now pack your bags and baggages and leave my thread. I didn't create it for unintelligent ragamuffins.
we all heard that before its the Nigerians anthem before getting into influential position i dont mud sling on social media its beneath me it just goes to show how the system have moulded you to its taste
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by fuckpro: 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2016
OneManLegion:

which one be bags and baggages half- baked product, common diction you are way off the mark pls go back to primary school
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by Omonigeriarere: 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
ok.
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by OneManLegion(m): 12:38am On Jul 13, 2016
fuckpro:
which one be bags and baggages half- baked product, common diction you are way off the mark pls go back to primary school

Lool. Mumu. So, because you don't know what it means, it's not correct eh?

If your ignorance of sesquippedalian phraseologies is all it takes to render them inadmissible, then everybody who's smarter than you(like I obviously am) will have to go back to primary school.

Go and find out what "idiom" means; find out what "bags and baggages" connotes and then give yourself the resounding slap you richly deserve.

Dumb schmuck.
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by fuckpro: 10:20am On Jul 13, 2016
OneManLegion:

Lool. Mumu. So, because you don't know what it means, it's not correct eh?

If your ignorance of sesquippedalian phraseologies is all it takes to render them inadmissible, then everybody who's smarter than you(like I obviously am) will have to go back to primary school.

Go and find out what "idiom" means; find out what "bags and baggages" connotes and then give yourself the resounding slap you richly deserve.

Dumb schmuck.
Olodo 5 kobo, "bags and baggages" in your filthy prison cell grin grin grin
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by OneManLegion(m): 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2016
fuckpro:
Olodo 5 kobo, "bags and baggages" in your filthy prison cell grin grin grin

I've frustrated the moronic pig back to pidgin.

Idiota.
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by fuckpro: 8:12pm On Jul 13, 2016
OneManLegion:

I've frustrated the moronic pig back to pidgin.

Idiota.
I'm sorry I have made your visit this few days a living hell in this forum my advice is mind who you exchange words with,think through before commenting.
... And for your continue education "Olodo" is Yoruba not what you call it ... Go banter with someone your class
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by OneManLegion(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
fuckpro:
I'm sorry I have made your visit this few days a living hell in this forum my advice is mind who you exchange words with,think through before commenting.
... And for your continue education "Olodo" is Yoruba not what you call it ... Go banter with someone your class

Lwkmd! Look at this thoroughly frightened slowpoke that I've turned to an object of scorn here claiming ghost victory!

I'll take you up on your offer, though, the banter between us is over; you are not in my class.
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by KingRobert: 10:35am On Jul 13, 2017
Agenda 2019

*STOP RECYCLING CORRUPTION. DON'T VOTE ANY FORMER GOVERNOR FOR SENATOR COME 2019 AND MAKE SURE ALL THE CURRENTLY SERVING SENATORS DO NOT RETURN*

That's why we Nigerian masses, especially youths must take our destinies in our hands. Stop falling prey of these greedy politicians. There's no way there can be peace & unity in this country when same group of people keep squandering the wealth of the masses, our common treasuries. Join me @ Alliance for Peace, Progress & Unity of Nigeria - APPUN in the page & group below & let us preach the overthrow of these cabals/greedy politicians. Let us preach peace, & progressive unity of this country.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Alliance4Peace/posts/ This is what we need to achieve our common goal. God bless you & God bless our nation.

(http://www./929096360563334).
This is our group link, a subsidiary of APPUN. Join members & add your friends. Thanks.
Re: See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. by yemmight(m): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2017
Thunder go fire all of them one by one.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stay Away From Zahra, You Can't Marry Her Buhari Sternly Warns Gov Yari / Gbenga Olawepo-hashim Condemns Exclusion From Presidential Debate / Any One With Mike Adenuga Telephone Number. Email Me Info@.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.