Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc (19977 Views)

Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement / Sacked 900 Dangote Workers Protest Non-Payment Of Benefits In Lagos (Pics) / DESOPADEC Workers Strip Unclad To Protest Non-Payment Of Bonuses (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by sophia16: 11:01am On Jul 11, 2016
lawyers have union...teachers have union...even road transporters have union,why won't bankers have union,my friend affected by this said not only was she not paid but her account was debited for a large sum leaving the account in minus..it's really sad,what this country is turning into..where are the labour union leaders?

2 Likes

Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by BE811APP: 11:02am On Jul 11, 2016
ok
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by felix000000(m): 11:08am On Jul 11, 2016
This issue of bank retrenchment of there workers is becoming something else which need urgent attension by govt intervension if not, d rate of crime will continue to increasing in geomertic progression in the few months to come.

1 Like

Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by Joysammy: 11:14am On Jul 11, 2016
May the Lord send helpers to them all. this is a terrible situation
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by adehab: 11:19am On Jul 11, 2016
I
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by obailala(m): 11:27am On Jul 11, 2016
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by Tolakay: 11:33am On Jul 11, 2016
Gombs:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/400-disengaged-diamond-bank-staff-protest-non-payment-of-severance-pay/154738.html?platform=hootsuite

Moderators, please send this to the front page. This wickedness must not go free. People very close to me have been affected, and it's too unfair.

Diamond :oDiamond why these lies now? Integrity is key.

#integrity
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by eph12(m): 11:34am On Jul 11, 2016
What is the GMD implying in that last paragraph? Seems there is something in the appointment letter they signed which does not guarantee them severance fee when sacked. I hope we hear more about this issue.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by TANTUMERGO007(m): 11:40am On Jul 11, 2016
obailala:

April 2015, under the 'transformation' train, Diamond bank sacked over 1000 workers. Excerpts of the report below:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/14/mass-sack-at-diamond-bank/

I'm sure up to half of those 1000 workers sacked in the first week of April last year voted for TRANSFORMATION. If I must reason like a mumu, then I would say they totally deserved the instant transformation to joblessness. But fortunately, I'm not a mumu like so many on this forum, so I will simply wish the affected staff the best, wish for an end to the economic downturn in the country which started since mid-2014, and call on the government and labour unions to seriously look into the case of their severance packages.

And today is 11th July 2015 ba?
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by kryptonian1987(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2016
I prayed these sacked employees are from South West grin
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by obailala(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

And today is 11th July 2015 ba?
Meaning?... go back and read what I wrote again, this time do it slowly, and maybe you will comprehend.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by TANTUMERGO007(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2016
obailala:
Meaning?... go back and read what I wrote again, this time do it slowly, and maybe you will comprehend.
moving forward bro, aint no time for reading thrash cool
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by Nestaviv: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2016
It's so glaring that a bank that preaches integrity lacks it. Pay them their entitlement or disgrace shall come knocking at ur door

1 Like

Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by obailala(m): 11:55am On Jul 11, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

moving forward bro, aint no time for reading thrash cool
Wise decision, cos if you had tried to say anything else, you for fall your hand further. cheesy
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by Nestaviv: 11:56am On Jul 11, 2016
A bank that has no for sight. Practice what u preach or ur name will be dragged to the mud.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by kryptonian1987(m): 11:57am On Jul 11, 2016
obailala:

April 2015, under the 'transformation' train, Diamond bank sacked over 1000 workers. Excerpts of the report below:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/14/mass-sack-at-diamond-bank/

I'm sure up to half of those 1000 workers sacked in the first week of April last year voted for TRANSFORMATION. If I must reason like a mumu, then I would say they totally deserved the instant transformation to joblessness. But fortunately, I'm not a mumu like so many on this forum, so I will simply wish the affected staff the best, wish for an end to the economic downturn in the country which started since mid-2014, and call on the government and labour unions to seriously look into the case of their severance packages.
stop sweet mouthing this catastrophically Buhari administration- His harsh and somersaulting policies that are dragging Nigeria 30yrs back!
Zombie go always remain Zombie no matter what!
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by TheAlchemist: 11:58am On Jul 11, 2016
It is so sad when it is the innocent workers that suffers the consequences of mismanagement by the Board of Directors.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
obailala:
Wise decision, cos if you had tried to say anything else, you for fall your hand further. cheesy
nope bro, we voted for change. if the past administration has done wrong, then this new administration should fix it and not to blame the past for over one year
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by obailala(m): 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

nope bro, we voted for change. if the past administration has done wrong, then this new administration should fix it and not to blame the past for over one year
It would take time to fix, especially as oil price remains low and disgruntled elements continue to sabotage the economy by blowing public installations.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by Jacko01: 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
This babe i dey trip for dey diamond bank

Studied in uk and all

Better move to gtb sisi
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by taiwooke45: 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
When the issue of banks retrenchment started, 2 groups that call themselves NLC and TUC isssued statements that they will commence a nationwide strike on the retrenchments. We also remember a lot of noise made by these 2 groups. All of a sudden the 2 groups are became quiet like a graveyard. Is it possible the Nigerian factor has set and the same gruop who are supposed to be fighting for the rights of the Nigerian workers are suddenly quiet on this issue. It this sudden silence not suspicious. Is it possible brown envelops exchanged hands. Is it also not suspicious that the banking industry who are the employers of over 50,000 Nigerian workers are currently not unionised and our beloved NLCand TUC are yet to take note of this. The implication is that the interest of 50,000 workers are not protected and our beloved NLC and TUC are yet to take note. Is it also possible they are been 'settled' to turn a blind eye. Some of the banks have also been practising outside the confides of the labour law and NLC and TUC are yet to take note of these practises. Is that also not suspicious. The same NLC and TUC are always quick to put up a charade (with a lot of noise making)whenever there is a pressing issue in the country. A charade which is followed by sudden silence. We know how the pupported strike action in reaction to increase in price of fuel ended. Nigerians need to investigate the activities of these so called labour unions and demand for accountability. NLC and TUC need to brief Nigerians on the extent of discussions they have made with the banks on this issue.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by obailala(m): 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
kryptonian1987:

stop sweet mouthing this catastrophically Buhari administration- His harsh and somersaulting policies that are dragging Nigeria 30yrs back!
Zombie go always remain Zombie no matter what!
I challenge you to prove you have even the slightest iota of intelligence by pointing out where or how I sweet-mouthed Buhari's administration in my post?

Any slightly intelligent person should know that this issue shouldn't be made a buhari vs gej political case because whilst anyone blames the sack of 400 workers on a choice of buhari, under the alternative (GEJ), the same bank sacked over 1000 just last year. My post was simply to expose this particular folly of the shallow thinking simpletons who tried to mock workers who just lost their jobs on the basis of their 'possible' political choice.

1 Like

Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by fortune1968: 12:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
EternalBeing:
Self-employment is the best employment. Ask my igbo business men. Most of the Estates in Abuja are owned by igbos: Efab, Prince n Princess, Saharah 1,2,3 etc...

In another news:
You get 7% Commission for every client that you bring. Many do not know that it's not difficult to become a Landlord in Abuja. Lands as low as 380k, For Sale 1 bedroom Flat=950k. For Pictures and details, check: [url]houselands..com[/url] Someone U know may soon need this info, so save the phone No:0 7059376640 .
scam loading.....Nairalanders beware !
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by Amnotalone: 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
Its so sad that issues like this can only be tolerated in this country if not Diamond bank wont be this senseless. Injury to one Nigerian,injury to all Nigerians. Diamond bank must be made to do the right thing.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by taiwooke45: 12:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
Kryptonian 1987 please this is not a buhari johnathan discussion. Pls let us try not to confuse issues and not blame the govt for everything. A bank like Ecobank operated during johnathan and is also operating during buhari's tenor. The difference is that the chose to obey the law and respect the warefare of their staff and Diamond Bank chose not to. This is what is being brought to light and has nothing yo do with buhari.

2 Likes

Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by annamaria: 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
There are laws that protect workers. Unfortunately they are not applied and the workers themselves are oblivious of what their rights are. Many organisations in Nigeria keep acting with impunity. If you lay people off, the least you can do is pay them off to tide them over while they look for new jobs or set up their business.

We are signatories to ILO. Ministry of labour is failing big time.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by Onslaught: 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
This insidious and wicked act by the MD must not go unchecked!! Blood, sweat and uncountable man-hours of over 400 individuals cant be in vain. Let him do the needful ASAP.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
Ministry of Diamond Bank
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by chimeziepaul: 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
Where is their integrity?
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by opribo(m): 3:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
This is the shame of a nation, that someone will work and be retrenched or laid off without a penny to go home and start life with, what a sector what a country indeed.

I have said it before and I will always say it CBN should close all the banks down and leave only four banks with a very wide branch network and regional structure with powers to act like the headoffice.

All these wonder banks killing careers and stealing peoples hard earned money should be closed. Look at them, you need nobody to tell you, walk into their toilets no water or tissue paper, the compounds are unkempt, ATMs never have money just there for decorations, staff are demoralized and abusive. Tell me then why they are out there as custodians of our money. CBN if they are anything to go by should clean up this system once and for all.

No wonder some people will never leave banks like first bank, Union and UBA. Just imagine what a so called new generation bank is doing. Those staff affected should thank their stars that they didnt label one fraud on them to tarnish their records. If they can do these things they will go to any level to discredit those staff.

Fraudsters masquerading as banks. Mtscheew, no serious professional should stay longer than two years with them, once you make some money you quit asap.

1 Like

Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by melln: 5:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
Diamond bank can never be above the law!! They preach integrity and yet they have the boldness to tell a blatant lie about non performance to the world. These are people who has put in their youth, sweat, dedication and all to grow the business, yet he treats them with utmost disregard and disrespect by rudely disengaging them from service without prior knowledge nor for any reason whatsoever and lying to the world about their performance. Imagine!! what contract are they talking about who will sign a contract to be treated like trash!!! For crying out loud this guys are family people who have responsibilities. Imagine what a CEO is saying he who goes about spending money lavishly buying cars and all when he is broke he, then looks for who to sack!! This world is so wicked remember that what u sow is what u reap. Uzoma Dozie do the needful, pay them their money and stop beating about the bush!!
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by eaglesegg: 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
Wat are the unions and CBN doing about this injustice? Who is the MD to decide the fate of over 400 staff that served him faithfully. And worst of all, telling lies on the number sacked and reason for the sack. Diamond stated 200 staff were sacked. Shocked to read that the staff were over 400.Pity! No iota of integrity and people still save money in this bank. Nigeria still has a long way to go.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"I Make N45,000 Monthly" - Local Nail Cutter Reveals / Man Calls Out Jason Njoku Of Irokotv Over "Workplace Pressure" / COVID-19: Last Minute Rush As FG Set To Bar Unvaccinated Workers Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.