Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc (19989 Views)

Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement / Sacked 900 Dangote Workers Protest Non-Payment Of Benefits In Lagos (Pics) / DESOPADEC Workers Strip Unclad To Protest Non-Payment Of Bonuses (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by Jelingsbin: 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
Diamond Bank pay ur staff, other Banks that paid was renumeration in there contract letters?.....are u above the law? .....this is wickedness!!!!!!!
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by EternalBeing: 6:49pm On Jul 11, 2016
fortune1968:
scam loading.....Nairalanders beware !
As much as I didn't want to dignify ur senselessness and baseless accusation with a response, I have to let people know that I've moved in into my newly completed house, acquired as aforementioned. Thanks to d brave NLanders that have bn calling me n those that has come for inspection.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by chimeziepaul: 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
# Diamondbank pay your exstaff#
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by pontiusmaximus: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
What a confederational taboo against homo sapiens!
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by Lush100(m): 8:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
The particular bank has never paid severance package from time immemorial.
they only give u ur accumulated leave allowance,(if u have any) and one month BASIC salary.
so its not new to them.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by pressplay411(m): 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
Slaves we all are. Corporate bondage we are living.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by stevedre: 9:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
Which way Nigeria angry sad shocked
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by kryptonian1987(m): 3:10am On Jul 12, 2016
obailala:
I challenge you to prove you have even the slightest iota of intelligence by pointing out where or how I sweet-mouthed Buhari's administration in my post?

Any slightly intelligent person should know that this issue shouldn't be made a buhari vs gej political case because whilst anyone blames the sack of 400 workers on a choice of buhari, under the alternative (GEJ), the same bank sacked over 1000 just last year. My post was simply to expose this particular folly of the shallow thinking simpletons who tried to mock workers who just lost their jobs on the basis of their 'possible' political choice.
Buhari is a scammer especially that his wife.
when GEJ was being criticized nobody brought up either issues of late Yar' adua or OBJ so stop bring GEJ into this matter.
GMB is a colossal failure. a mess that has polluted and zombified majority of Nigeria without reasoning before they come to His defense.
Just take a look at our present power issues....no difference from those 80's and 90's
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by obailala(m): 7:54am On Jul 12, 2016
kryptonian1987:

Buhari is a scammer especially that his wife.
when GEJ was being criticized nobody brought up either issues of late Yar' adua or OBJ so stop bring GEJ into this matter.
GMB is a colossal failure. a mess that has polluted and zombified majority of Nigeria without reasoning before they come to His defense.
Just take a look at our present power issues....no difference from those 80's and 90's
Sorry for your pain, but what does this your rant have to do with the topic or the question I asked?
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by kryptonian1987(m): 9:49am On Jul 12, 2016
obailala:
Sorry for your pain, but what does this your rant have to do with the topic or the question I asked?
the problem with must pro-Buhari supporters is; they always want to try hard to be diplomatic whenever Buhari's credibility to perform or whenever his integrity is being questions, but furiously attacked like a rabid dog if it were to be GEJ
I hope ve answered u! or unless you want me to answer you like a hailing hailers or zombies would do!
thanks.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by obailala(m): 10:18am On Jul 12, 2016
kryptonian1987:

the problem with must pro-Buhari supporters is; they always want to try hard to be diplomatic whenever Buhari's credibility to perform or whenever his integrity is being questions, but furiously attacked like a rabid dog if it were to be GEJ
I hope ve answered u! or unless you want me to answer you like a hailing hailers or zombies would do!
thanks.
Youu still have not said anything, you are simply just ranting like a child deprived of akara balls; it is obvious you are simply pained about the existence of people who actually support Buhari. But bro, this is a free world, you cannot expect everyone to like what you like.

There is hardship in the country today no doubts, but it is not enough to kill my support for buhari because I know too well that most of it has nothing to do with buhari. A nation which could not be diversified when there was plenty, and the only commodity it sells becomes almost valueless today, it doesn't take more than common sense to know that the hardship faced today is inevitable, but you are free to keep blaming buhari for being the 'dullard' who could not diversify the economy under 12 months.

Another example is Fashola the minister of power, I would not be stupid enough to judge his performance or capabilities based on the present darkness we face. I can clearly see the reason behind the darkness, disgruntled political elements go on a rampage blowing up power infrastructure around the country in the full glare of all; anyone who expects me to judge Fashola's performance as a power minister based on that must be a compound joker.

But then, just like I mentioned earlier, it is a free world, I have my choices, you have yours. Feel free to be intolerant by labelling me a zombie for having my own preferences and opinions.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by fortune1968: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2016
EternalBeing:
As much as I didn't want to dignify ur senselessness and baseless accusation with a response, I have to let people know that I've moved in into my newly completed house, acquired as aforementioned. Thanks to d brave NLanders that have bn calling me n those that has come for inspection.
pple calling u will regret it !
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by kryptonian1987(m): 11:26am On Jul 12, 2016
obailala:
Youu still have not said anything, you are simply just ranting like a child deprived of akara balls; it is obvious you are simply pained about the existence of people who actually support Buhari. But bro, this is a free world, you cannot expect everyone to like what you like.

There is hardship in the country today no doubts, but it is not enough to kill my support for buhari because I know too well that most of it has nothing to do with buhari. A nation which could not be diversified when there was plenty, and the only commodity it sells becomes almost valueless today, it doesn't take more than common sense to know that the hardship faced today is inevitable, but you are free to keep blaming buhari for being the 'dullard' who could not diversify the economy under 12 months.

Another example is Fashola the minister of power, I would not be stupid enough to judge his performance or capabilities based on the present darkness we face. I can clearly see the reason behind the darkness, disgruntled political elements go on a rampage blowing up power infrastructure around the country in the full glare of all; anyone who expects me to judge Fashola's performance as a power minister based on that must be a compound joker.

But then, just like I mentioned earlier, it is a free world, I have my choices, you have yours. Feel free to be intolerant by labelling me a zombie for having my own preferences and opinions.
bro, stop being myopic! when did this unbearable off and on power issue became so worst? and when did Avengers started blowing up pipelines? this is one of many reasons I tagged you guys "pro-buhari supporters".
Ignorance is not an excuse o hope you know.
you said about not attributing any blame to Buhari because the country has already been looted dry, right? not exactly your words, but, literally you meant something like that.
now I will ask you a question.... Did Nigeria become a country 16yrs ( especially the last 6yrs) ago?
has Buhari never ruled this country before?
what and what effort did he put to try and diversify our mono-economy?
Was the same Buhari not a part and parcel of the late Abacha's regime? which till date, looted funds running into billions of dollars are still being returned?
Wasn't this same Buhari who denied ( still even denying) that Abacha, the grand master of corruption didn't steal, but he illegally ( hypocrite) took funds?
even if they were lootings in the previous administrations ( GEJ specifically), did they also loot the prices of essential commodities, like garri and Co's to sky rocket?
despite their massive loots, like hailing hailers will say-did that make it difficult for us to have 2square meals at least, unlike now that majority of people can't even afford 1square meal again?
My bro, Buhari is a gigantic failure that can't be quantified. period!
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by obailala(m): 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
kryptonian1987:

bro, stop being myopic! when did this unbearable off and on power issue became so worst? and when did Avengers started blowing up pipelines? this is one of many reasons I tagged you guys "pro-buhari supporters".
Ignorance is not an excuse o hope you know.
you said about not attributing any blame to Buhari because the country has already been looted dry, right? not exactly your words, but, literally you meant something like that.
now I will ask you a question.... Did Nigeria become a country 16yrs ( especially the last 6yrs) ago?
has Buhari never ruled this country before?
what and what effort did he put to try and diversify our mono-economy?
Was the same Buhari not a part and parcel of the late Abacha's regime? which till date, looted funds running into billions of dollars are still being returned?
Wasn't this same Buhari who denied ( still even denying) that Abacha, the grand master of corruption didn't steal, but he illegally ( hypocrite) took funds?
even if they were lootings in the previous administrations ( GEJ specifically), did they also loot the prices of essential commodities, like garri and Co's to sky rocket?
despite their massive loots, like hailing hailers will say-did that make it difficult for us to have 2square meals at least, unlike now that majority of people can't even afford 1square meal again?
My bro, Buhari is a gigantic failure that can't be quantified. period!
The primary reason behind the economic downturn is the low price of oil. I did not imply in any way that it was corruption because even with the high corruption of the past 6 years, the economy was buoyant because of the high oil prices. Oh yes! this excuse of oil price may have been overused, you may choose to agree or not, but that doesn't stop it from being the hard fact that it is. Nigeria is a mono-economy nation which sells only oil as its primary source of forex. The price of oil goes down, the economy of Nigeria goes down, period!... You are free to keep blaming Buhari, oh yes he was voted in to change things; but like I said, I am patiently waiting to see what he can do because I understand the dynamics of things and I'm aware of the real cause of the present hardship.

Did you just ask what the price of garri and other essential commodities has to do with oil price?.... Let me just assume you have an idea of the link between the drop in oil price and the drop in value of the Naira? With the falling value of the Naira, there is bound to be inflation because Nigeria imports even the most basic items like toothpicks and when there is inflation, even the price of pure water has gone up. Even pure water manufacturers have to import the polyethene which they use to package the water you drink, higher cost of purchasing forex to acquire these raw materials means higher cost of their eventual products. I don't need to remind you that they also use fuel to run their generators and the fuel is imported with forex.

As for the power crisis, once again whether you choose to agree or not, the hard fact remains that the main reason power supply has been so bad since 2016 is because the campaign to sabotage power supply by cutting gas supply kicked into a very serious gear since 2016 January. Do you have an idea of how many times gas pipelines taking gas to power stations have been blown-up within the last 6 months?
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/gas-pipeline-bombing-we-are-closing-in-on-perpetrators-jtf-commander/
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by kryptonian1987(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
obailala:
The primary reason behind the economic downturn is the low price of oil. I did not imply in any way that it was corruption because even with the high corruption of the past 6 years, the economy was buoyant because of the high oil prices. Oh yes! this excuse of oil price may have been overused, you may choose to agree or not, but that doesn't stop it from being the hard fact that it is. Nigeria is a mono-economy nation which sells only oil as its primary source of forex. The price of oil goes down, the economy of Nigeria goes down, period!... You are free to keep blaming Buhari, oh yes he was voted in to change things; but like I said, I am patiently waiting to see what he can do because I understand the dynamics of things and I'm aware of the real cause of the present hardship.

Did you just ask what the price of garri and other essential commodities has to do with oil price?.... Let me just assume you have an idea of the link between the drop in oil price and the drop in value of the Naira? With the falling value of the Naira, there is bound to be inflation because Nigeria imports even the most basic items like toothpicks and when there is inflation, even the price of pure water has gone up. Even pure water manufacturers have to import the polyethene which they use to package the water you drink, higher cost of purchasing forex to acquire these raw materials means higher cost of their eventual products. I don't need to remind you that they also use fuel to run their generators and the fuel is imported with forex.

As for the power crisis, once again whether you choose to agree or not, the hard fact remains that the main reason power supply has been so bad since 2016 is because the campaign to sabotage power supply by cutting gas supply kicked into a very serious gear since 2016 January. Do you have an idea of how many times gas pipelines taking gas to power stations have been blown-up within the last 6 months?
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/gas-pipeline-bombing-we-are-closing-in-on-perpetrators-jtf-commander/
keep shooting your feets just to exonerate Buhari from this mess!
falling of oil price started as far as earlier part of 2014, yet prices of products were relatively low. But the moment their demigod was sworn in-prices of everything became something else. we started hearing things like: the president can not do anything, because oil price is down. while the same people went as far as making insane claims that GEJ was the course of the oil price drop.
bro, have you ever been to where garri is being processed? course if you had been you wouldn't have used garri as a reference.
despite all his somersaulting policies and lopsided appointments, you still can't see the bigger picture that this man is a disease! a man that is transparently and clearly leading this country into a "ruination".
Abeg, if u get other things to chat outside this PMB I am open to, especially foreign movies. I don tire to dey talk about Buhari matter, cuz him no know how I dey use get mb. just like him cohort say earlier today: that people are dying and he need to act fast - Oby E.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by obailala(m): 6:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
kryptonian1987:

keep shooting your feets just to exonerate Buhari from this mess!
falling of oil price started as far as earlier part of 2014, yet prices of products were relatively low. But the moment their demigod was sworn in-prices of everything became something else. we started hearing things like: the president can not do anything, because oil price is down. while the same people went as far as making insane claims that GEJ was the course of the oil price drop.
bro, have you ever been to where garri is being processed? course if you had been you wouldn't have used garri as a reference.
despite all his somersaulting policies and lopsided appointments, you still can't see the bigger picture that this man is a disease! a man that is transparently and clearly leading this country into a "ruination".
Abeg, if u get other things to chat outside this PMB I am open to, especially foreign movies. I don tire to dey talk about Buhari matter, cuz him no know how I dey use get mb. just like him cohort say earlier today: that people are dying and he need to act fast - Oby E.

Falling oil prices started in mid-2014:
A moving car runs out of fuel at Point A does not mean it wouldn't move on inertia for a little longer before it eventually decelerates to a halt. Also, if you cut the tap root of a tree today, it takes at least a couple of days before the leaves begin to wither and fall off. That the leaves fall off today does not mean the problem started today. You don't need formal education to know this, all you need is common sense.

NOI warned Nigerians to brace up for recession as early as December 2014 when oil still even sold for up to $75/barrel; I dont need to remind you that oil prices continued crashing steadily till it got to $30.

As at May 2015, oil sold for about $65 but by then, Naira had crashed from N160 to N230, GDP growth rate crashed progressively from 6-7% to 2.3% as at the period. In February 2015 the FG borrowed up to $2billion to pay workers' salaries, FG could not pay subsidy arrears for up to 8 months leading to a massive fuel scarcity as at May 2015 and within 6 months between November and May 2015, Nigeria's forex reserves fell sharply by $10bn from $38bn to $28bn. All these things happening when oil still sold above $65 and it was a sign of a colossal economic nosedive which continued after handover to Buhari because the root cause which was falling oil prices continued unabated. Apparently, only a simple-minded simpleton would attribute the eventual manifestation of the problems to Buhari's emergence.

You claim you do not still understand why garri prices are up?... When fuel prices go up, why does it lead to an increase in price of every commodity in the market, including even the fees of love-peddlers?... If you can articulate the answer to this question, then you wouldn't be exposing more of your ignorance by asking how or why a low oil price related Naira devaluation and recession leads to an inflation in price of every commodity including garri.

2 Likes

Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by Craven: 6:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
obailala

I like your response.
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by kryptonian1987(m): 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
obailala:

Falling oil prices started in mid-2014:
A moving car runs out of fuel at Point A does not mean it wouldn't move on inertia for a little longer before it eventually decelerates to a halt. Also, if you cut the tap root of a tree today, it takes at least a couple of days before the leaves begin to wither and fall off. That the leaves fall off today does not mean the problem started today. You don't need formal education to know this, all you need is common sense.

NOI warned Nigerians to brace up for recession as early as December 2014 when oil still even sold for up to $75/barrel; I dont need to remind you that oil prices continued crashing steadily till it got to $30.

As at May 2015, oil sold for about $65 but by then, Naira had crashed from N160 to N230, GDP growth rate crashed progressively from 6-7% to 2.3% as at the period. In February 2015 the FG borrowed up to $2billion to pay workers' salaries, FG could not pay subsidy arrears for up to 8 months leading to a massive fuel scarcity as at May 2015 and within 6 months between November and May 2015, Nigeria's forex reserves fell sharply by $10bn from $38bn to $28bn. All these things happening when oil still sold above $65 and it was a sign of a colossal economic nosedive which continued after handover to Buhari because the root cause which was falling oil prices continued unabated. Apparently, only a simple-minded simpleton would attribute the eventual manifestation of the problems to Buhari's emergence.

You claim you do not still understand why garri prices are up?... When fuel prices go up, why does it lead to an increase in price of every commodity in the market, including even the fees of love-peddlers?... If you can articulate the answer to this question, then you wouldn't be exposing more of your ignorance by asking how or why a low oil price related Naira devaluation and recession leads to an inflation in price of every commodity including garri.
a typical student from Lai Mohhamed's school of thought!
like I said earlier, I don't think I have strengths for this Buhari of a man issues cause he's taking this nation far aback. even his die-hard followers like Pat Utomi, Dele Momodu etc have started questioning his disastrous, medieval and poverty inflicting policies!
what do you really need to convince you that Buhari lacks wisdom and leadership charisma to pilot this nation to a greater height?
the Buhari who can't even provide his certificate to prove his doubters wrong he's the person you want to vouch for! seriously?
Buhari is a fraud!
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by obailala(m): 7:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
kryptonian1987:

a typical student from Lai Mohhamed's school of thought!
like I said earlier, I don't think I have strengths for this Buhari of a man issues cause he's taking this nation far aback. even his die-hard followers like Pat Utomi, Dele Momodu etc have started questioning his disastrous, medieval and poverty inflicting policies!
what do you really need to convince you that Buhari lacks wisdom and leadership charisma to pilot this nation to a greater height?
the Buhari who can't even provide his certificate to prove his doubters wrong he's the person you want to vouch for! seriously?
Buhari is a fraud!
Be bold enough to tell me that what I have explained is wrong, and be graceful enough to point out exactly what is wrong therein. It's not just enough to resort to the pointless rhetorics of "Lai Mohammed" or "Buhari is a dullard."
Re: 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc by kryptonian1987(m): 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
obailala:
Be bold enough to tell me that what I have explained is wrong, and be graceful enough to point out exactly what is wrong therein. It's not just enough to resort to the pointless rhetorics of "Lai Mohammed" or "Buhari is a dullard."

have you watched Captain America: Civil War? or Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice? what about X-men apocalypse?
let's divert little, course Buhari doesn't worth it grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"I Make N45,000 Monthly" - Local Nail Cutter Reveals / Man Calls Out Jason Njoku Of Irokotv Over "Workplace Pressure" / Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.