Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled (18596 Views)

Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment / Forgery Trial : Ekweremadu Writes US Congress, EU Parliament, Others / Saraki-Ekweremadu Forgery Trial: Live Reports From Abuja (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by sharpden: 10:29am On Jul 11, 2016

THE trial of President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, his deputy, Ike Ekweremadu and others at an Abuja Federal Capital Territory, FCT, High court sitting in Jabi was on Monday stalled due to the ongoing vacation of judicial workers.

Saraki, Ekweremadu, former clerk of the National Assembly, Salisu Maikasuwa and the Deputy clerk, Benedict Efeturi are facing two count charges of alleged criminal conspiracy and forgery of the senate standing rule‎s, 2015, which was leveled against them by the Federal Government.

Saraki, Ekweremadu and the other accused persons who arrived the court earlier had to return back after been told of the break.

Recall that the Justice Yusuf Halilu -led court had on June 27 granted all accused persons bail after they pleaded not guilty to the two count charge.

However, the court could not sit today because the judiciary was on vacation, which is expected to last till September.

A registrar of the court said the matter will not be heard on Monday because the court is on recess.

The source said, “As you can see, the accused persons just arrived but the matter will not be coming up today because the court is on recess.”

On when the matter will be coming up, the source said, “The accused persons will come back later for a date on when the trial will resum but that will be after the judicial vacation which will end sometime in September.”

The court has fixed September 28, 2016 for continuation of trials.

http://.com/forgery-suit-trial-of-saraki-ekweremadu-stalled/

Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by SeverusSnape(m): 10:31am On Jul 11, 2016
grin This case, Whether by vacation or adjournment, will die a natural death.

Buhari and his cohorts have nothing on these guys, Can't you see APC is jittery about the petitions Ekweremadu sent to UN? grin

By the way, The forger in chief (Buhari), is still at large.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by chriskosherbal(m): 10:31am On Jul 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by DONSMITH123(m): 10:32am On Jul 11, 2016
Source and maggi to your story please.
Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by DONSMITH123(m): 10:34am On Jul 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by DONSMITH123(m): 10:34am On Jul 11, 2016
i trust thee to be happy. lipsrsealed

SeverusSnape:
grin
Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by SeverusSnape(m): 10:35am On Jul 11, 2016
DONSMITH123:
i trust thee to be happy. lipsrsealed

When the plans of evil people fail, I'm happy.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by Larryfest(m): 10:40am On Jul 11, 2016
SeverusSnape:
grin This case, Whether by vacation or not, will die a natural death.
Lol...it has to na,this is naija some people are just too powerful that not even the law can do anything to them.

2 Likes

Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:42am On Jul 11, 2016
SeverusSnape:

they keep recycling stories for zombies to masturbate with grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by DONSMITH123(m): 10:45am On Jul 11, 2016
and you think its the end of it all. seat back and relax bro.

SeverusSnape:

Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by omowolewa: 11:26am On Jul 11, 2016
Every minute of delay counts, thatz a good case management.
Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by hardywaltz(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2016
Nice tactical move
The National Assembly is also on recess which means Saraki and Ekweremadu would have had all the time to attend to the trial without affecting their legislative functions.
However with this adjournment the trial will conflict with their official role and Senators will eventually call for them to step aside.

[size=14pt]Checkmate[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by sharpden: 12:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
Lalasticlala, mynd44 which 1 nah?
Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by truthspeaks: 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
I keep sayin it. Buhari won't jail a fly till 2019. Let him face d economy n better d lives of Nigerians n he might win 2019 if he misled into standing for re-election. Cos right now, his anti-corruption war is losing its credibility status n has bn seen as oppressing d opposition. If Fayose n ekweremadu decamps to ApC today, their cases wld die down cos they ll be regarded as saints. Buratai n Aishalliburton r cases the president has turned a blind eye to n u expect any1 to believe he z truly fightin corruption. Dambazzau is thr n many other vices hapnin under his nose. Buhari sef

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by cybertuns(m): 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
Padi padi Government
Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by dogstyle007(m): 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2016
HMMMMM "NA WA"
Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by truthspeaks: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
I will also be happy if Buratai steps aside too
hardywaltz:
Nice tactical move
The National Assembly is also on recess which means Saraki and Ekweremadu would have had all the time to attend to the trial without affecting their legislative functions.
However with this adjournment the trial will conflict with their official role and Senators will eventually call for them to step aside.

[size=14pt]Checkmate[/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by Proffdada: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
Politricks has adulterated the judiciary system undecided

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by rattlesnake(m): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
Ode
Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by AMilla(m): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
sharpden:

http://.com/forgery-suit-trial-of-saraki-ekweremadu-stalled/
But last I checked forgery isn't a fraud in Nigeria... Bubu hope am kworet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by Dottore: 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
Judiciary has been compromised as usual. Next topic pls
Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by Spells(m): 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
All politicians are forged from evil..... Mtcheeew
Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by manuel80(m): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
SeverusSnape:
grin This case, Whether by vacation or adjournment, will die a natural death.
i tell you

2 Likes

Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

they keep recycling stories for zombies to masturbate with grin

Wish you could see me face like now cheesy grin grin ;cheesy grin grin ;cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by Sunnycliff(m): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
Zombies hbp
Re: Forgery: Trial Of Saraki, Ekweremadu stalled by manuel80(m): 1:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
Larryfest:

Lol...it has to na,this is naija some people are just too powerful that not even the law can do anything to them.
“No one's above the law“

I guess that saying is a myth in this country

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Never Told EFCC To Stop Akpabio Probe – Buhari / South-West Governors Invite Army, Police, OPC To Security Summit / EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.