Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,943 members, 7,838,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town (37408 Views)

UBA Wins Best Digital Bank In Africa, Thanks To Leo. / Union Bank Campus Innovation Challenge For Entrepreneurial Nigerian Students / Union Bank Art Challenge: Interpretation Of Union Bank Stallion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Iamlordgee(m): 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
K
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Jorussia(m): 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
Union bank is an old generation bank.
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by eyeview: 9:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
Please can someone give me an objective answer to my question.
The north has been in power for majority of the time,please what have those their leaders done to bring civilization and development to their people?
Their leaders must be wicked and selfish.
I ask cos I can state that there is no bank branch in this kind of structure anywhere in the south of nigeria,even in the rural areas.
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by GCFR95(m): 9:50pm On Jul 11, 2016
Na bank be this shocked Abeg hole better pass this shrine grin grin
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by boluwa111(m): 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
this picture must be a joke!!! maybe na photoshop[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by misscall247: 9:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
Blood of God
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by tomholly: 9:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
Heyah Sowi ooooo Union Banki
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by iyatrustee(f): 10:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
Y'all do not expect Union bank to build a state of the art building in chibok right?

That said, do you know how that supposed old structure helps the people within that community while it functioned?

If you have grandparents in the ''village'' like i do then you would appreciate the gesture and truth is, only Union bank choose to go to places like this where the Gtb's, Zenith would overlook.

In my village, there is a Union Bank that is more than 30yrs! They might not be making profit, but they are bringing banking facilities to the grassroots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Idrismusty97(m): 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
If that is really Union bank they should go there immediately and tear down that eyesore.
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Shiru84: 10:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
As my Grandpa will usually said; I started operating with did bank since 1954, were was ur father then

Conversation between Union Bank cashier and my Grandpa
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
Sempumping:
shocked...it can only be Union Bank ..Do people still use that bank undecided
If the offer you work with huge salary, will you accept?

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by dreamchaser01: 10:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
So Computers go dey inside this shrine called bank. Hmmmm who do we blame for this now??
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by dominique(f): 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
One thing I will applaud union bank for is their availability in rural areas. While I was Benue, there were small branches of union banks in quite a number of villages. Can't say for the likes of first, UBA or access banks which only had branches in towns like oturkpo, Makurdi and Gboko

2 Likes

Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Stanbeto: 10:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
5P1R17U4L B4NK 1N N1G3R14
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by lagosrd: 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
trueconscience:
Union Bank is one brand with a very rich history.
In today's world, the Bank is positioned to serve both the old and the young - not excluding the generations unborn!

Have you seen any of their branches recently? How about the staff? Still think its the same "old school songs"? No man, think again!

From the pix, it is not even a branch of union bank, Chibok AGENCY is written on the sign board, no?

Keep deceiving yourself, the bank that will tell you that your name was not found on the LEDGER!. hahhaha. And will take 4hrs to respond to cheque. Always an old school bank even the friends we have there still think like old school people.
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Theultimate(m): 10:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
SeverusSnape:
My goodness!

Na bank be this?? grin grin This structure must have been built before Nigeria's independence.
It looks more like a 'baba lawo' / witch doctor's shrine to me.
If you see how renovated it is now. You won't believe it.
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
Manueleee:

If the offer you work with huge salary, will you accept?

haba. ..

forget huge salary sef. ..me wey dey find job like ese oruru was looking for her period dat month" ...

please let me know when the bank resumes operation make I go submit my cv

2 Likes

Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by dyn1800: 10:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
Of course...... That's our President only bank

Sempumping:
shocked...it can only be Union Bank ..Do people still use that bank undecided
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by chibrasil(m): 10:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
Dis kinda bank only accept food items lyk cassava and coco yam as deposit nt cash oooooh....

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by emvico(m): 11:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
pls what is union bank? angry
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by tayo200(m): 11:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
union
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Adesiji77: 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
Sempumping:

haba. ..

forget huge salary sef. ..me wey dey find job like ese oruru was looking for her period dat month" ...

please let me know when the bank resumes operation make I go submit my cv

cheesy grin

Your head dey there...

@topic: Anyone who thinks that the abandoned building is a reflection of the new Union Bank is still living in the 19th century cool

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by kobonaire(m): 11:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
This bank shut down after cowries were stopped being used as money cheesy
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by kobonaire(m): 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
Sempumping:

..... ...please let me know when the bank resumes operation make I go submit my cv
Brave lady ..... even our government officials de fear go that side .... grin
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by SeverusSnape(m): 11:49pm On Jul 11, 2016
cheekay123:
Tell me why they won't rob a bank like this

They don't even need guns, they can rob with broken bottles
grin grin
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Sleekdude4u(m): 12:02am On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:
My goodness!

Na bank be this?? grin grin This structure must have been built before Nigeria's independence.
It looks more like a 'baba lawo' / witch doctor's shrine to me.
Aki ur right
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by DedeNkem: 12:25am On Jul 12, 2016
Union Bank was once in this hut?
Wow! This bank could go extreme to save money while providing its services in the worst bank building in the world!
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Acidosis(m): 12:26am On Jul 12, 2016
iyatrustee:
Y'all do not expect Union bank to build a state of the art building in chibok right?

That said, do you know how that supposed old structure helps the people within that community while it functioned?

If you have grandparents in the ''village'' like i do then you would appreciate the gesture and truth is, only Union bank choose to go to places like this where the Gtb's, Zenith would overlook.

In my village, there is a Union Bank that is more than 30yrs! They might not be making profit, but they are bringing banking facilities to the grassroots.
Nice one Iya cool
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Flairoqy(m): 2:13am On Jul 12, 2016
And the Niger deltans agitate for undeveloped town in their region, what's this? World bank structure? mtchww
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Deejaygold(m): 3:27am On Jul 12, 2016
This one is Original

Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by dainformant(m): 5:39am On Jul 12, 2016
I have noticed that you always copy posts from my blog and take it to Nairaland without giving me credit. PLEASE STOP THAT IMMEDIATELY. How can you copy my post word for word even the same title sef.. I don't want to have an issue with you. JUST STOP IT IMMEDIATELY or else I will write a DMCA report for your blog and send to Google.

Flexygist:
This is an old Union Bank building located in the once troubled Chibok town in Borno state where about 276 female students were kidnapped from the Government Secondary School on the night of 14–15 April 2014.

Source:http://www.flexygist.com/2016/07/11/photos-dilapidated-bank-spotted-in-the-once-troubled-chibok-town/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Error On New ₦100 Website Has Been Corrected (Photo) / Ikeja City Mall At Alausa / BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.