Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,942 members, 7,841,621 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town (37412 Views)

UBA Wins Best Digital Bank In Africa, Thanks To Leo. / Union Bank Campus Innovation Challenge For Entrepreneurial Nigerian Students / Union Bank Art Challenge: Interpretation Of Union Bank Stallion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 12, 2016
Sempumping:

haba. ..

forget huge salary sef. ..me wey dey find job like ese oruru was looking for her period dat month" ...

please let me know when the bank resumes operation make I go submit my cv
Funny you, bt u just asked if people are still banking with dat bank?
Am currently in Adamawa, bt nt from Adamawa. Cum i wil help you locate dat bank, i belive d wont be much applicant in dat bank in chibok.
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by trueconscience(m): 6:33am On Jul 12, 2016
lagosrd:

Keep deceiving yourself, the bank that will tell you that your name was not found on the LEDGER!. hahhaha. And will take 4hrs to respond to cheque. Always an old school bank even the friends we have there still think like old school people.

I presume you are over 60 years, no?
The picture you painted is banking in the "days of yore", not in Union Bank of TODAY!

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by breakeven: 6:34am On Jul 12, 2016
Sempumping:
shocked...it can only be Union Bank ..Do people still use that bank undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 12, 2016
Adesiji77:

cheesy grin

Your head dey there...

@topic: Anyone who thinks that the abandoned building is a reflection of the new Union Bank is still living in the 19th century cool
grin

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 12, 2016
Manueleee:
Funny you, bt u just asked if people are still banking with dat bank?
Am currently in Adamawa, bt nt from Adamawa. Cum i wil help you locate dat bank, i belive d wont be much applicant in dat bank in chibok.

I appreciate. ..see u soon
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 12, 2016
Sempumping:
shocked...it can only be Union Bank ..Do people still use that bank undecided
Yes. People that matter. Most of them certificateless. An example is the democratic dictator and ethno-regional bigot of one west African country.
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 12, 2016
Sempumping:

I appreciate. ..see u soon
Haapily waitin.cheesy
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by brandstrat: 7:49am On Jul 12, 2016
Waoh! I remember this building during my NYSC days. If Nairalanders understand why some banks opened branches and agencies in the villages, the banks will be applauded instead of the bile statements from various posters here. Anyway, its due to our level of understanding of issues.
In the 80s, there were policies by the government to take banking to the rural areas. So, some banks were forced to open small branches or what is referred to as agencies in the villages. For information purposes, Government in those days had huge shares and investment in banks such as UBA, First Bank, Union Bank, Bank of The North, Gamji, Wema, National, ACB and CCB. In the North, we have Bank of The North and Gamji banks. In the East, we have ACB and CCB, in Bendel- present day Edo/Delta, we have New Nigerian Bank. The present day South Westhern states had Wema Bank and National Bank which was a division of Oodua Group. Another major bank of the era in the Western Nigeria then was Cooperative Bank.

All these banks were either fully owned by government- either state of federal or a combination. As such, many policies of the banks were as directed by the government. Of all these banks, three banks were national in nature- First Bank, Union Bank and UBA. The government has substantial shareholding. It was the privatisation policies of the government in the 90s that returned these banks to private individuals and organisations.

Kindly remember, that if visit your grandparents in your village, it is still possible to see relics of these banks and some have metamorphosed into the trends of today.

Back to the Union Bank of Chibok. I remember vividly that in that part of Borno state, there are three major towns Uba, Askira, and Chibok- Uba, a border town between Borno and Adamawa States. The town is divided by a road that leads to Maiduguri. Union Bank has a branch on the Adamawa side while First Bank has a branch on the Borno side. Askira has a branch of UBA while Chibok has a branch of Union Bank. These banks were filled to the brim on market days as people trooped in from neighboring villages to do transactions. This was what led to the idea behind peoples bank of those days and later community banks and which transformed to the microfinance banks of today. So who knows what will happen tomorrow.

Let us know that what we see as he trendy banks of today will also become relics of tomorrow. Change is the only permanent thing in life.

These are information you could take to the bank.

6 Likes

Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 12, 2016
Fit2Rule:

Yes. People that matter. Most of them certificateless. An example is the democratic dictator and ethno-regional bigot of one west African country.

cheesy I think I know who that is
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by 400billionman: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:
My goodness!

Na bank be this?? grin grin This structure must have been built before Nigeria's independence.
It looks more like a 'baba lawo' / witch doctor's shrine to me.

Nothern Nigeria is a setback on this country..

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by mindtricks: 11:35pm On Jul 12, 2016
trueconscience:
Union Bank is one brand with a very rich history.
In today's world, the Bank is positioned to serve both the old and the young - not excluding the generations unborn!

Have you seen any of their branches recently? How about the staff? Still think its the same "old school songs"? No man, think again!

From the pix, it is not even a branch of union bank, Chibok AGENCY is written on the sign board, no?

Guess you are a staff of the bank?
Re: Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town by trueconscience(m): 4:56am On Jul 13, 2016
mindtricks:

Guess you are a staff of the bank?

Hmnn...I've had business dealings with the Bank - recently

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Error On New ₦100 Website Has Been Corrected (Photo) / Ikeja City Mall At Alausa / Traders At Mile 12 Relocate To Lagos/Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.