Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere (3737 Views)

Which Candidate Do You Think Can Give Buhari/osinbajo A Fight In 2019? / Buhari’s First Day Back On Duty, A Loud Disappointment, Aso Rock Sources - SR / Chantal Biya Vs Dolapo Osinbajo: A Meeting Of Two Contrasting Women (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by sharpden: 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2016

THE pan-Yoruba ethnic organization – Afenifere has described the Vice-president of Nigeria, Prof Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) as a disappointment to the whole of South-West.

This is coming on the heels of the Vice President’s public statement that the call for the restructuring of Nigeria would not make any difference.

Osinbajo had also argued that even if states are given half of the resources of the Federal Government it would not make any difference and that all we need is to diversify into agriculture.

In a statement Monday signed the National Publicity Secretary, Yinka Odumakin, the organization while claiming that the V.P may have come under pressure to lend his voice to the upholders of the status quo that has brought Nigeria to this sorry pass, advised that he be sure footed on the subject before he speaks next time.

Odumakin insisted that Osinbajo missed the entire debate by engaging in the reductionist argument narrowing the whole issue to taking more money from the Federal Government to the states.

“Yes, fiscal federalism is part of the argument but the issue goes beyond the monthly Federal Allocation Committee.”

He argued that from the Federal, down to states and Local Governments are bogged down with over bloated bureaucracies that consume as much as 90% of available resources and with little or nothing left for development.

“We must address how long we want to travel with this culture of waste and to see if we can deliver better governance with a manageable architecture.”

He stated that “The central plank of restructuring is for Nigeria to go back to the true practice of Federalism wherein mineral resources that abound in all states would be freed from the exclusive list so that states would move into prosperity and not be reporting at Prof Osinbajo’s office for bailout from a centre that only corners what belongs to the states. They would also have enough to contribute to sustain the occupiers of Abuja and the functions that are allocated to them.

“Beyond resources, the country is reeling under crime today and the single police we currently maintain has proved incapable of dealing with the situation. When you listen to commissioners of police lamenting at the scenes of crime these days you will think they are part of passers -by terrified by the horror of crime. It is clear we need multi-level policing to combat crime and have effective policing.

“The question of diversification is a point that advocates of restructuring have canvassed as it makes no sense for a country as vast in resources like Nigeria to depend on a mono-product economy.It is part of restructuring we are talking about and not an alternative to it.”

He insisted that the restructuring package has a whole wide range of issues that have to do with justice administration, electoral system and its cost implications, conflicts arising from clash of cultures and how to deal with them to ensure peaceful co-existence.

“Nigeria is fast falling apart and all genuine patriots have come to a consensus that we must restructure to arrest the drift.

“Yes there is a minority that is insisting that we must continue the way we are just like the minders of some empires that have disappeared from the world map did. The Vice-President is free to cast his lot with this group even when silence could have been golden but he should at least try to acquaint himself with the issues so people are not wondering what are we talking and what is he saying.

“We use this development to advise all those who seek high offices to ensure they are not far from issues that shape their political environment and pay due attention to civic education,” he added.

http://.com/osinbajo-a-disappointment-to-south-west-afenifere/

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by bluaero(m): 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
When his oga who happens to be constantly high on gworo has spewed thrash from the black hole on his face, who is Osinbajo to say otherwise? Do you want him to be replaced with a "competent abokii"?

Dear Buhari,

May combined thunder from Sango, Zeus, Thor, Amadioha, Chuku-Okeke-Obama and mohammed (saw) anihilate you and your hopeless zombies

Signed:
Minister of Darkness,
Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN),
PhD, Rocket Science and Advanced Darkness.

Abeg who remembers what it feels like to have light? undecided

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
AFONJAS EYES NO BE OPEN EYES cool

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by sharpden: 4:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by TheFreeOne: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
Osinbajo is playing his master's (Tinubu) script.
He who pays the piper dictates the tune, he dare not bite the fingers that feed him.

However no matter how long beneficiaries of fraudulent one Nigeria and their zombies tries to suppress the need for restructuring the truth is out there. No one can hide it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by SeverusSnape(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
That Tinubu's boy, the mere commissioner is a disgrace to south West In particular and Southern Nigeria in General. The man is just a stooge, a puppet, Very docile and lying clergyman.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
I shall sit here for a while, pondering on what to say.
Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by jking001(m): 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
World people, they must always look for some on to put the blame on, wetin osibanjo do now?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by dunkem21(m): 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
OK, let me ask my people..

Click *Like to support Afenifere..

*Share to support Osinbajo's view..

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by ever811(m): 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
federalism is the answer anytime... as some states and mostly politicians from those states don't want this to happen, cause they will have to work out money available first...before they can have some to embezzle.now that the money they steal comes from sales of crude where they don't have to do a thing b/4 the money is made available for embezzlement,.anybody that wish this country well will definitely subscribe to true federalism...

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by Dcomrade(m): 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
Good morning to them grin

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by ever811(m): 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
jking001:
World people, they must always look for some on to put the blame on, wetin osibanjo do now?
son...go out and play with the neighbors kids we are discussing serious issue here,.mummy will soon be back and dinner will be ready..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by TheFreeOne: 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
He argued that from the Federal, down to states and Local Governments are bogged down with over bloated bureaucracies that consume as much as 90% of available resources and with little or nothing left for development.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by Dreal11247: 5:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
Could this be truth?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by Dreal11247: 5:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
Who is the cause?
Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by tomquest: 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
Whatever argument which makes logical sense in Nigeria, as long as the Awusa man in Zamfara doesn't lay his fingers DIRECTLY on allocation coming from the crude oil in the SS, he will never agree to it. This is why Buhari is northernizing the Nigerian Army so as to "hold Nigeria together as one" in case of any eventualities.

Let's not deceive ourselves, the brand of federalism we practice today is designed and sustained to favour the Awusas. This is why Abuja's federal civil service is just overbloated with mostly Northerners playing ludo under trees in various ministries. At the end of the month they would all collect salaries from crude oil proceeds.

We are going nowhere walking backwards in this country. Every lousy state government must get ready to sustain herself with her own resources. Scrap the useless Senate which consumes what it doesn't generate or work for. But will the Awusas agree?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by Sealeddeal(m): 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
Odumakin is very smart. His choice of word is also wonderful.

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
Restructuring that, fedrralism this... Abeg. Wetin we wan restructure sef? Socio cultural i.e create more geo political zone or economical restructuring i.e give more money to the states...I dont get it. Before you stupidly hail Odumakin or sheepishly abuse the VP ask yourself if the restructuring and federalism some induviduals are clamouring for actually coincide with your own definition. I dont think we need ti waste billions on restructuring for Osun and Ekiti to know that only Agric can help them out of the economic quagmire they are in. I dont think Obiano and Tinubu enjoyed any restructuring before they turned the fortune of their states around. I dont know what restructuring would have helped Bayelsa with just 6 LGs to not owe workers. If Afenifere and Odumakin restructuring is all about sharing of more Niger delta oil money to states and LGs then I think they are sick... Before u start to rant here what is your own definition of restructuring? How will state policing and the rest help Osun, Ondo, Ekiti in paying 6+ months salary they owe?. definitions of restruturing I have seen bundled around us a waste if time and money... How will bundling of the country into 6 regional govermment help when 37 states cannot? For me it is status quo or to your house o Isreal

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by omenka(m): 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
Before opening the thread, I knew the story must be coming from trentonline or thrbreakingtimes or igberetv or mezietimes- so the chose mezie this time.

Very useless people aswear.

Una go wail tire. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by buharisbae(f): 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
omenka:
Before opening the thread, I knew the story must be coming from trentonline or thrbreakingtimes or igberetv or mezietimes- so the chose mezie this time.

Una go wail tire. cheesy

Lol wicked! grin

they'll come for ur head

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by dahunsy(f): 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
Coughs*** clears throat# confused set of tired homo's
Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by 989900: 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
Restructuring, Federalism, and Feminism, all have one thing in common: no common/agreed definition.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by csamii: 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
South west was merely compensated with vice presidency slot but what they fail to realise is that that position is a political black hole. A very irrelevant position. I even read more news online about the nonexistent office of the first lady, a position she never campaigned/contested for than that of the VP. Although I wish osibanjo well and want him to take over because he's literate/fit enough to lead than his illiterate boss. But boss na oga and oga pass second in command. So whatever buhari tells him to do, him must do.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by Firstlieutenant(m): 7:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
The system in Naija can't be changed by no one, it's rather the system that changes you.
Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by SaiNigeria: 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
Ofcos Osinbande is a monumental failure and Disgrace to Christianity.

Your masters kill your kinsman with impunity and the diminutive and confused-looking pastor looks the other way.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by Reminez(m): 8:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by TheFreeOne: 8:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
omenka:

Una go wail tire. cheesy

Why not contribute to the message instead of attacking the messenger

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
I hate APC like mad now though I voted dem. These useless people were campaigning true federalism, state police and making some others unrealistic promises. Funny enough I thought local government created by Tinubu nd fayemi will now be approved unfortunately they don't even talk about it. If our own dear Prof is even against restructuring now because of his four years temporary stay in Aso rock then Yoruba is doom. Is better we are not part of this never do well government Dan having useless VP dat doesn't share d same motives with us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by forray(m): 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
[quote author=TheFreeOne post=47436773][/quote]

Lol.... Exactly my tot, they budget billions, but at the end of the budget year, most citizens don't even get upto 100k to show in terms of ripple effect or whatever it is called.

Thought about it over and over again. In this country what does the government provide for us. We provide everything ourselves, water, light, health etc we are practically our own govt. Just imagine how much was budgeted on aso rock alone.

This may sound silly, but to me.... This money for budget ehen, make dem divide am by the total about of citizen in this country and make everybody come collect e share go house... Lol

And if you haven't noticed, we shld stop fighting ourselves, the real enemy is the government and they have been the enemy for time immemorial.
Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by phemmyutd(m): 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
Please which of the Afenifere group?
PDP branch or Dasuki Branch?
Lobish

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by Mintek: 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
Thank you Mr. Odumakin.

@ OP sharpden please remove the image of the rebel, adulterated Tinubu-funded Afenifere, called the "Afenifere Renewal Group" (ARG) from your post.

The Afenifere here is the recognized mainstream Afenifere led by the genuine leaders of the Yoruba nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, A Total Disappointment To South-west - Afenifere by BolaAdeyemo: 9:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
oshi-banjo is a disgrace not only to the south west but to the whole Universe

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu and Buhari’s Purported Death: The Facts and Fiction / Igbo How Far? I Heard Powerful Delegation Sent To Tinubu To Help SE Get SGF / Soldiers Carry Out Extrajudicial Killing Of Suspected Boko Haram Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.