Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,787 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (988271 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2017
latest info on Indian ABM

tier 2

AAD (ADVANCE AIR DEFENCE)

AAD is a single-stage endo-atmospheric interceptor missile powered by solid propellants delivering high specific impulse values. The missile has a length of 7.32 metres, diameter of 420 mm and a weight of 1275 kg. Its guidance package has a fibre optic gyroscope (FOG) with 0.1 degree/hr drift at the heart of an INS which receives updates from ground based radars.

AAD is initially guided by its on-board inertial navigation system (INS) which received continuous updates about the incoming target’s trajectory from ground-based radars through a secure data link. After that, a radio frequency (RF) seeker in AAD’s nose cone section tracks the target while an intercept course is plotted by its on-board computer (OBC).

For the end-game, AAD uses a RF seeker with considerable tracking range. AAD can intercept targets at altitudes between 15 to 25 km. In the course of flight, AAD achieves high supersonic speeds and the efficacy of its thermal protection systems as well that of its actuation system has been demonstrated repeatedly.

AAD mobile launcher can house a total of 6 AAD interceptors in canisterized configuration.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 01, 2017
latest info on Indian ABM

indian BMD C4ISR

Indian BMD C4ISR architecture consists of both over the horizon (LRTR) and X-band fire control radars (MFCR) which detect and track the incoming missile, a mission control centre (MCC) that fuses input (which may also come from satellite based sensors), processes it and then sends orders for engagement to launch control centres (LCCs) situated up to a 1000 km away via mobile communication terminals (MCTs).

The LCCs then orchestrate the final launch sequence with the mobile interceptor sitting nearby. Repeated tests of the two-tier system, including the latest PDV test has given enough confidence to DRDO to recommend the freezing of the current configuration for Phase-I. Both the radars and the LCCs receive and send information via target update transmitters (TUTs) based on CDMA technology. While the MCTs of the MCC are themselves connected via an IP wide area network, data-links for the entire setup also include fibre optic communication channels and line of sight relays.

Long Range Tracking Radar (LRTR) is an L-band array that can track a ballistic target with a radar cross section (RCS) of 0.1 sqm from over 1500 km away.

Multi-function Fire Control Radar (MFCR) is a S-band array has a tracking range of over 370 km for a target with a RCS of 0.3 sqm.

note: Swordfish (LRTR) is an Indian active electronically scanned array (AESA) long-range tracking radar specifically developed to counter ballistic missile threat. It is a part of the Indian Ballistic Missile Defence Programme. First testing of this radar was in March 2009.

Swordfish is an acknowledged derivative of the Israeli Green Pine long range radar, which is the critical component of that country's Arrow missile defence system. However, it differs from the Israeli system as it employs Indian Transmit Receive modules, signal processing, computers and power supplies. It is also more powerful than the base Green Pine system and was developed to meet India's specific BMD needs.

pic 1 israeli Green-Pine-ELM-2080

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 01, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkI9OHGPzkc

AAD cannesterized launcher video
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 6:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
nemesis2u:
Lockeed Martin's F-16 Block 70 in Indian Air Force colours

waste of money, what is the MOD even thinking ?
its not a waste of money don't forget it comes with ToT
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 01, 2017
giles14:

TOT will end up with india getting alien grade 80-90s tech grin grin grin grin

when the Americans talk about giving cutting edge TOT , i laugh like this

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
giles14:
and what role will the F-16 be put in?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
Odunayaw:

they will be the lowly peasants involved in the dirty day to day tasks grin

low cost , low maintenance , 24x7 operational availability etc etc
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
@chkil

ola ! grin

how about some female military badass pics from ur side of the world grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
nemesis2u:
@chkil

ola ! grin

how about some female military badass pics from ur side of the world grin grin

badass no , we have only cute ones smiley ,

their is also 4 female general in the algerian army grin (pic8)

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
chkil:

their is also a female general in the algerian army grin (pic8)

i must say looking at the pics, the ladies r very fit and look very capable

just a advice if u happen to marry such a girl my sincere advise would be "never make her angry" grin grin

can u identify the smg the lady is holding next to the one holding the pump action shotgun

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 8:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
nemesis2u:

TOT will end up with india getting alien grade 80-90s tech grin grin grin grin
when the Americans talk about giving cutting edge TOT , i laugh like this
the F16IN/block 70 is more advance than the gripen E/F.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 8:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
Odunayaw:
Indians mmrca role.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
giles14:

maybe ur correct ,

thing is the word TOT is oversimplified nowadays . TOT agreements will run into thousands of pages with innumerable clauses , annexures etc etc.

but as always the devil lies in the details and ur proficiency in such matters/technology wink

Americans r so advanced in this game that they can/will hoodwink u when it comes to technology transfer.

u have a job cut out for u if u have to deal with them regarding TOT.

but one thing i will admit is , if the Americans agree to give relevant TOT , they do it very professionally , they will support and hand hold u till u gain mastery over it.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
u guys drop her over any conflict zone ,

and all the warring parties will immediately agree for ceasefire grin

me i will not drop her anywhere except my home grin grin

note : i trust nobody will ogle at the ahm!....bombs for more than 10 seconds grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
nemesis2u:

can u identify the smg the lady is holding next to the one holding the pump action shotgun

it's a beretta m12s

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
chkil:

their is also 4 female general in the algerian army grin (pic8)

u guys have algerian specific defence forums/blogs

if yes can u post the links?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
nemesis2u:

u guys have algerian specific defence forums/blogs

if yes can u post the links?

yes , its " forcesdz.com/forum " but it's in french (second language in algeria)

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
chkil:

yes , its " forcesdz.com/forum " but it's in french (second language in algeria)

will visit it

thanks

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:41am On Mar 02, 2017
The KC-767J nemsis talked about the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPxAdlRAjns
So India is being offered this ?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 02, 2017
giles14:
And how did you get to that conclusion?

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 02, 2017
interesting coverage of Russian radars

grin grin grin grin

and still somebody wants to buy/dream of su35 grin

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 11:36am On Mar 02, 2017
jln115:
And how did you get to that conclusion?
non of ur business
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 11:40am On Mar 02, 2017
nemesis2u:

grin grin grin grin

the far east is left exposed.

I think the Chinese bought d Su35 for its engines and radar
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
giles14:
non of ur business
Which in other words means you sucked it out of your thumb.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 1:46pm On Mar 02, 2017
jln115:

Which in other words means you sucked it out of your thumb.
nope not just ready for an argument / di.ck measuring with a southie

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 02, 2017
giles14:
nope not just ready for an argument / di.ck measuring with a southie
Dick measure what? Need i remind you that it was YOU who said the f16 was better, all i asked was how you came to your conclusion....this is a discussion thread isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 7:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
nemesis2u:
grin grin grin grin
this Is the life cool
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 03, 2017
video on Tejas - India's Light Combat Aircraft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzSM3ohvQqE
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 7:24am On Mar 03, 2017
nemesis2u:

grin grin grin grin

Lol why? Explain the bolded.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 03, 2017
tdayof:

Lol why? Explain the bolded.

everybody missed the actual targets grin

(china is there of course but that is another story )

as to the answer i must refuse u , sorry wink

i would have deleted the post , i realized it was stupid of me to post it, but then i was out of reach of comms untill today.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 11:07am On Mar 03, 2017
nemesis2u:

i would have deleted the post , i realized it was stupid of me to post it, but then i was out of reach of comms untill today.
the actual target is china trust no one
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 12:06pm On Mar 03, 2017
nemesis2u:

They're all pointing at IRAN shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.