Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:39 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (1024569 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
tdayof:
The big deal is that a F22 a stealth aircraft can cruise at mach 2 and still keep it's stealthy nature.

That's not the point, besides because of the F-22's power it's stealth coating has to be re-applied often so it can maintain it's superior stealth. Anyway FLIR systems have shown they can pick up the F-22.

My point is, many experts talk about the F-22s ability to supercruise at MACH 2, although i'm mostly seeing Mach 1.8, as one of points why it's better than the T-50, mostly when referring to engine power. However there comments appear to be poorly informed as the SU-35 can also supercruise, this time at Mach 1.7. The T-50 currently/ in the interim uses the engine from the SU-35, while it's (T-50) engine is still being developed.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NijLcFOd9P8

the saudis dont have the motivation to fight at all.

i guess saudis do well in terror orgs like isis al quida etc because of the promised elusive 72 virgins lol , maybe saudi army should do the same , results might be different. grin grin grin

I don't understand why these guys are always running away, it just makes no sense. You cannot claim they are under-equipped, that would be a massive lie.

Is this the way Saudi terrorists also are?

How can anyone abandon so much equipment, IFV with 30mm calibers, heavily armed BTRs, soldiers being chased away by men in skirts. It so hilarious and so sad.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2016
The head of the Iranian air-defence command first announced the Bavar-373 was being developed in September 2011, a little over a year after Russia cancelled a contract to supply Iran with S-300 long-range air-defence systems. Russia reversed that decision in 2015 and delivered the first S-300 components earlier this year.

The system's missile launcher, target-acquisition radar, and target-engagement radar were all seen in a series of photographs released by President Hassan Rouhani's office showing him inspecting military technology developments made by the country.

The launcher appeared to be mounted on a 10x10 Zoljanah heavy equipment transporter and had two missile canisters elevated to a nearly vertical position. The canisters appeared to be approximately 6.5 m in length, which would make the Sayyad-3 shorter than the 7.5 m-long 48N6 missile used with the S-300PMU2.

Meraj 4 long range Engagement and Fire Control Radar with range of 450km.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Asuokaa: 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

i guess saudis do well in terror orgs like isis al quida etc because of the promised elusive 72 virgins lol , maybe saudi army should do the same , results might be different. grin grin grin

can u imagine, if it was the Nigerian Army this would have been the most trending online.. pack them self like sardine...
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Asuokaa: 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2016
Henry240:

I don't understand why these guys are always running away, it just makes no sense. You cannot claim they are under-equipped, that would be a massive lie.

How can anyone abandon so much equipment, IFV with 30mm calibers, heavily armed BTRs, soldiers being chased away by men in skirts. It so hilarious and so sad.

mr henry, if saudi cant defend against the houthis will help middle east maybe america
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2016
Henry240:

first thing first
1.fancy equipment dont win wars , any equipment which ur operating , if u dont know it inside out , then it will become a liability to u.
2.motivation and worthy cause for a fight is the most important thing , it is something which will get u to to fight back even if ur half dead.
3.leadership , if ur leader is a coward and has brave men under him, still it wont help much.
4.training and SOP , solid fighting techniques must be a second nature to a soldier , even in retreat a well trained soldier can give a bloody nose to the pursuing enemy.
etc

terrorists are not brave , they hit civilians / military targets using hit and run tactics , before organized resistance they are worthless same for saudi terrorists, however religious fanaticism raises their stupidity to new heights plus many dont know this fact that majority of terrorists use drugs or are give drugs without their knowledge.

there is a interesting story i will share later about terrorists and their love for drugs grin grin grin

also hauthis use a drug if u can can it a drug , it is a leaf which they chew , its part of Yemeni traditions i think , it gives them a sense of well being and lets say gets them high. cant recollect the name of the plant. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2016
Asuokaa:

mr henry, if saudi cant defend against the houthis will help middle east maybe america

I don't understand your question. Do re-type it.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

fanaticism raises their stupidity to new heights plus many dont know this fact that majority of terrorists use drugs or are give drugs without their knowledge.

there is a interesting story i will share later about terrorists and their love for drugs grin grin grin

All true points, but damn, the Saudis are operating on their own level. It's unfortunate, see those guns on top of each other like sardines in the pick up truck. They should have atleast bolted using the Humvee. They still could not escape.

We are aware terrorists use drugs, we've seen terrorists use drugs in Nigeria's N.E.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2016
Chinese type-96b at the Russian military games

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
Henry240:

All true points, but damn, the Saudis are operating on their own level. It's unfortunate, see those guns on top of each other like sardines in the pick up truck. They should have atleast bolted using the Humvee. They still could not escape.

We are aware terrorists use drugs, we've seen terrorists use drugs in Nigeria's N.E.

yes i forgot , i knew about BH and drugs .

anyways in my country we have a word for in but in english it would translate as "mental block"
in crunch situations ur fight or flight response gets activated , mostly it is flight response however with proper and realistic training ur fight response starts taking precedence.

lol reminds me of someone who was tortured by two women as part of training , but the funny part was side effect the guy later had trouble getting erections in the company of women , thank god he was not married grin grin grin
took 3 years to get it working grin grin grin

but seriously we found women r best for doing interrogations especially terrorists i cant express how effective they r , but pass this info to ur intel orgs they will surely give u a medal someday. grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2016
Armed Scout Helicopter option for Nigerian Army.

EC635

Armament - 400 rounds FN Hestral or Browning M2

- Rocket pod.

Since the Nigerian army is in the market for attack helicopters, i don't see the possibility of frontline attack helicopters for the army at this point, an armed scout helicopter such as the EC635 currently in service with the Iraqi army could suffice.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

yes i forgot , i knew about BH and drugs .

anyways in my country we have a word for in but in english it would translate as "mental block"
in crunch situations ur fight or flight response gets activated , mostly it is flight response however with proper and realistic training ur fight response starts taking precedence.

So in India Terrorists also use drugs?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Asuokaa: 4:44pm On Aug 27, 2016
Henry240:

I don't understand your question. Do re-type it.

hw will saudis defend the middle east against rebels .. hope u get
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2016
Henry240:

That's not the point, besides because of the F-22's power it's stealth coating has to be re-applied often so it can maintain it's superior stealth. Anyway FLIR systems have shown they can pick up the F-22.

My point is, many experts talk about the F-22s ability to supercruise at MACH 2, although i'm mostly seeing Mach 1.8, as one of points why it's better than the T-50, mostly when referring to engine power. However there comments appear to be poorly informed as the SU-35 can also supercruise, this time at Mach 1.7. The T-50 currently/ in the interim uses the engine from the SU-35, while it's (T-50) engine is still being developed.

All stealth coating need to be reapplied. Same way the Chinese made mention of picking the F22 however F22 coatings are being changed to that of F35 tho there will be no reduction in it's RCS according to the post. Picking up a stealth aircraft shouldn't be a big deal but how long it can be picked up.
However there comments appear to be poorly informed as the SU-35 can also supercruise, this time at Mach 1.7. The T-50 currently/ in the interim uses the engine from the SU-35, while it's (T-50) engine is still being developed.
I think the reason why f22 mach 2 capability is being talked about is not to compare the engines but to express concern on how the F22 is able to go at such speed and still remain undetected. T-50 wasn't designed to be as stealthy as the f22 so cruising at 1.7 shouldn't be a big deal.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2016
Henry240:

So in India Terrorists also use drugs?

grin grin grin
i can see what ur trying to do here Mr.Sherlock Holmes grin

India is next door to infamous golden triangle on the east side and the worlds largest state sponsored heroin production and smuggling on the west side.
so it is a given ex-mujahdeen fighters are addicted to it and some local recruits are given without knowledge even steroids etc before sending them to india. this much i know .

one of the major unofficial, off the records , no trails funding source for intel orgs around the world is the drugs trade , C*A , I*I , MO**AD , K*B(before) ,R*W , M*6 do it among others.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

also hauthis use a drug if u can can it a drug , it is a leaf which they chew , its part of Yemeni traditions i think , it gives them a sense of well being and lets say gets them high. cant recollect the name of the plant. undecided

in africa also i think the same or maybe a different plant leaves r chewed for the same reason , i think it is in Sudan , can any one confirm it ?

it was given to child soldiers to get them high before combat
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUNcCV3hOg

North Korea’s first successful test of a submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) on Aug. 24

The missile flew for about 500 km.
North Korea only has a single Gorae-class submarine (2,000 tons), the submarine that would operate the missile, and even that submarine is only equipped with one launch tube.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

in africa also i think the same or maybe a different plant leaves r chewed for the same reason , i think it is in Sudan , can any one confirm it ?

it was given to child soldiers to get them high before combat

Kat. It chewed all over East Africa. Alshabab terrorists also chew it.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2016
Asuokaa:

hw will saudis defend the middle east against rebels .. hope u get

-They got Senegalese and Sudanese people to do that for them.

- There's also the expensive option of hiring the French like they've done before.

- Ofcourse Uncle Sam has a large permanent Naval base in Bahrain, and another, an airbase, i think in Kuwait.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2016
S-30 Type 032 Qing-class submarine which china is reportedly designing and building/will start building for their partner country.

will carry and fire 2 SLBM from the conning tower/mast.
also carries a 4 celled VLS for launching cruise missiles.

however untill the real live submarine materializes nothing can be said with 100% confirmation .

concept similar to what North Koreans are doing already .
me and my colleagues were discussing about the NK and this........ 2+2=4 wink

interesting times ahead grin

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2016
Henry240:

Doesn't stop them from bolting away from Houthis!
Not sure about the special forces.

Algerians, Iranians and Iran supported groups are the only middle east forces who know how to fight.

Once saw a video of a Ham....s unit fighting under fire they conduct themselves professionally compared to the Saudis.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2016
Henry240:
Armed Scout Helicopter option for Nigerian Army.

EC635

Armament - 400 rounds FN Hestral or Browning M2

- Rocket pod.

Since the Nigerian army is in the market for attack helicopters, i don't see the possibility of frontline attack helicopters for the army at this point, an armed scout helicopter such as the EC635 currently in service with the Iraqi army could suffice.
Paramount system.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
MikeCZA:
Not sure about the special forces.

Algerians, Iranians and Iran supported groups are the only middle east forces who know how to fight.

Once saw a video of a Ham....s unit fighting under fire they conduct themselves professionally compared to the Saudis.

Yes, including Saudi SF. When Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi first returned to yemen from exile in Saudi-Arabia, i shared a photo Hadi's Close Protection Unit guard, they were all Saudi SF. This guy was carrying a 12.7mm sniper rifle....... A sniper rifle for close protection, that's just madness.

Could you share the video here, the Hamas video?

Another group of guys who can fight are Jabhat al-Nusra and Syrian army Tiger forces.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
MikeCZA:
Paramount system.
SAW, Yeah.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
Unmaned Combat Vheicle in Iraq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn0ylHNCr0c

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

...... grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 27, 2016
can someone please explain this whole thing to me, why has turkey entered the Syrian town of Jarabulus and are they doing this to combat or support ISIS forces ?

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jarabulus?src=hash

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 6:48am On Aug 28, 2016
Chinese tank SABOT munition & effect

1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by andrewza: 7:37am On Aug 28, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
can someone please explain this whole thing to me, why has turkey entered the Syrian town of Jarabulus and are they doing this to combat or support ISIS forces ?

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jarabulus?src=hash

Because Putin is a great manipulator. He has gotten Turky to join with Iran in fighting groups hostil to Assad. So ISIS is a target bit not a primary target.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by andrewza: 7:45am On Aug 28, 2016
nemesis2u:

They dont even have a excuse that they ran out of Ammo or where fighting a suppior force. I have never known of a force of a militia to over run mechnized infantry. Many pf the rebels dont even have shoes and cant aim. And then when they withdrew they simply ran away.

Even when Nigerian towns where getting over run by BH Nigerian solders could say we fought a larger force that was better armerd till we ran out of ammo. I rank a nigerian cop above a suadi solder.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2016
Why The F-22 and F-35 Stealth Fighters Will Revolutionize War in the Sky
In Len Deighton’s book Fighter, he describes the tactics used by the outnumbered English fighter pilots defending against German Luftwaffe bombers in the Battle of Britain:

The professional fighter pilot gained height as quickly as he was permitted, and treasured possession of that benefit. He hoped always to spot the enemy before they spotted him and hurried to the sun side of them to keep himself invisible. He needed superior speed, so he positioned himself for a diving attack, and he would choose a victim at the very rear of the enemy formation so that he did not have to fly through their gunfire. He would hope to kill on that first dive. If he failed, the dedicated professional would flee rather than face an alerted enemy.
Deighton’s point was that the best British pilots used hit-and-run tactics emphasizing surprise and speed in order to minimize losses, rather than dogfighting at length with enemies after those advantages were spent. These tactics permitted small numbers of British fighters to tackle the aerial armadas of the German Luftwaffe.

Obviously, technology has changed dramatically since 1940. While contemporary fighters can now go more than five times as fast as the Spitfires and Messerschmitt fighters of the Battle of Britain, two new technologies promise to make hit-and-run tactics more effective: stealth technology and long-range air-to-air missiles.

Stealth and Its Limits

While virtually any plane can be equipped to fire long-range missiles, stealth airframes are built using radar-absorbent materials and engineered precisely to minimize reflection of radar waves. This constrains their load-carrying abilities, as external weapons or drop tanks could increase their visibility on radar. The United States fields two stealth fighters, the F-22 Raptor and the F-35 Lightning II.

Stealth planes are properly described as “Low Observable” aircraft. They are not actually undetectable, but are very hard to spot on radar. Let’s review the limits on stealth technology, and how fighter doctrine may evolve around them.

Stealth aircraft are optimized to be difficult to observe on the precise X-Band radars used on modern fighters: while some radars have better resolutions than others, most will only be able to track a stealth fighter at shorter distances. An F-22 is claimed to have the radar cross section of 0.0001 square meters in certain aspect—the same as that of a marble.

Low-bandwidth radars are more effective at detecting stealth aircraft. These are typically used by ground installations and ships, but also found on specialized aerial platforms such as the E-2D. However, they come with a major limitation: they can reveal only the general location of a stealth fighter and are too imprecise to be used to target missiles—though they can indicate to an X-Band radar where to look.
Infra-Red Search-and Track (IRST) systems offer another means of detecting stealth aircraft, but their range is generally limited. The latest IRST system on the SU-35 has extended the range up to 50 kilometers, whereas its radar has detection range of up to 200 kilometers. Just like low-band radar, IRST doesn’t give a precise track and can’t be used to lock on weapons. Stealth fighters include features designed to minimize heat signature, but they are far from completely effective.

Of course, a stealth fighter can be seen within visual range, and is vulnerable to heat-seeking missiles.

To recap: stealth technology is more effective at a distance. Although there are a number of methods to detect stealth fighters at long range, they generally don’t permit weapons to lock on to them.

In return, nothing prevents the stealth aircraft from firing at its opponents.

Enter the beyond-visual-range (BVR) missile.

Long Range Air-to-Air Missiles

Around the late 1990s, a new generation of long-range radar-guided air-to-air missiles entered service, notably the AIM-120 AMRAAM and the Russian R-77. These could hit targets over 50 kilometers away. (The earlier AIM-54 Phoenix boasted even longer range but was very expensive). In subsequent decades, the range has continued to increase to well over 100 kilometers, and new types such as the European MBDA Meteor and the Chinese PL-15 continue to push the envelope of speed and range.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (668) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.