Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (1003097 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
[img]http://www.defencenews.in/images_articles/1_img1261215122146.jpg[/img]

finally the MMRCA saga comes to an end

The much-anticipated contract for 36 Rafale fighter jets will be signed on September 23 as both India and France have finalized the details for the deal, which will cost about Euro 7.87 billion.

rough breakage of Euro 7.87 billion should be

1.Basic Aircraft package ~ Euro 2.7 Billion
2.Weapon package cost~ Euro 0.70 Billion includes meteors, scalp and mica +others
3.Financial package comprising of Cost escalation + milestone payments + other conditions ~Euro 0.5 Billion
4.Logistics support package for high performance availability and spares ~ Euro 0.35 Billion
5.Engineering Support package + Basic infrastructure support package for operations ~Euro 1.8 Billion
6.Customization package including high altitude performance package, hot weather performance package, Indian weapons, required thrust, India specific Training, Simulators for local language, etc etc ~Euro 1.8 Billion

Following intervention by Prime Minister Modi late last year, France agreed for a 50 per cent offset clause. This means creating business worth at least three billion Euros for Indian companies, both big and small, and generating thousands of jobs in India through offsets.

some of the offsets include (according to my sources)
1.16 high technology aerospace related transfer
2.consultancy for SSN nuclear reactor
3.consultancy and transfer of SSN tech. derived from barracuda for implementation on customized Indian built Yasen-M class SSN but Russians insisting on Akula SSN, still negotiations r on.
4.consultancy for fine tuning nuclear command and control protocol and related tech. etc for operational arihant class SSBN.
5.access to megajoule for thermonuclear stimulation and scaling up of existing thermonuclear bomb design
etc

also if french completes the offsets as per agreement then under MII india might end up with 90+54 or more additional rafales for air force and navy.

most importantly india maybe allowed access to megajoules facility nobody will ever confirm that officially or unofficially.

a funny aspect of this deal..................
the last sticking point of negotiation was India seeking discount of 1,50,000 Euros
LOL taking about HARDCORE bargaining
the french must have almost decided to give up the rafales for free, when the Indians decided enough is enough grin grin grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
M14A1:

Combat maneuvers yes!!! But speed dumping maneuvers in a multi bogey theatre?
Axial thrust pushes the jet (and wing) through the air at a speed required to maintain lift. Take away forward thrust, take away speed and lift. Go back to the video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2dgi2NhMSw

What's happening? The Flanker is dropping like a rock at slow speed (no lift is being produced by the wing). If the Flanker pilot does not kill me now, the other edge of the sword is about to fall. He's automatically building in vertical turning room for me and it's going to take an unacceptable amount of time for him to get enough smash back to take it away due to his low airspeed. If I'm still alive I'm turning him into a strafe rag.

There's are time for thrust vectoring and a time to leave it in the bag, with the latter always being the 1st choice.

by the way where is Chinese?? Haven't seen his post on this thread for a while now grin

only Russian plane emphasizes the close combat supper maneuverablity eg Su30 series , most western plane can not do like pugachev's cobra.As western plane have better BVR missle and brobably better rader,they don't have big chance to have close combat.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by M14A1: 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
chinese8107:

only Russian plane emphasizes the supper maneuverablity eg Su30 series , most western plane can not do like pugachev's cobra.As western plane have better BVR missle and brobably better rader,they don't have big chance to have close combat.
Yo!! Chinese smiley
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
most kills still will occur with WVR missiles.
BVR missiles dont offer the same level of kill probability as that of a WVR missile.

aircrafts carrying DRFM based jamming pods eg. Israeli EL/L8222 and active RF decoys will deter BVR missiles successfully a good no of time.

also good situational awareness and extended airspace picture via employment of AWACS etc will play a role to dodge/evade the BVR missiles (i.e not get caught in the BVR missile no escape kill zone)
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
US plane like F-22 can not do pugachev cobra because their combat tactic is different from Russia.They emphasizes on stealth than supper manueverablity,they emphasize the "first sight first fire."
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by andrewza: 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
ever though that western aircraft are agile but that they agile in a different way. Turing sharp is only one aspect of agility in a aircraft
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 6:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
nemesis2u:
[img]http://www.defencenews.in/images_articles/1_img1261215122146.jpg[/img]

finally the MMRCA saga comes to an end

The much-anticipated contract for 36 Rafale fighter jets will be signed on September 23 as both India and France have finalized the details for the deal, which will cost about Euro 7.87 billion.

rough breakage of Euro 7.87 billion should be

1.Basic Aircraft package ~ Euro 2.7 Billion
2.Weapon package cost~ Euro 0.70 Billion includes meteors, scalp and mica +others
3.Financial package comprising of Cost escalation + milestone payments + other conditions ~Euro 0.5 Billion
4.Logistics support package for high performance availability and spares ~ Euro 0.35 Billion
5.Engineering Support package + Basic infrastructure support package for operations ~Euro 1.8 Billion
6.Customization package including high altitude performance package, hot weather performance package, Indian weapons, required thrust, India specific Training, Simulators for local language, etc etc ~Euro 1.8 Billion

Following intervention by Prime Minister Modi late last year, France agreed for a 50 per cent offset clause. This means creating business worth at least three billion Euros for Indian companies, both big and small, and generating thousands of jobs in India through offsets.

some of the offsets include (according to my sources)
1.16 high technology aerospace related transfer
2.consultancy for SSN nuclear reactor
3.consultancy and transfer of SSN tech. derived from barracuda for implementation on customized Indian built Yasen-M class SSN but Russians insisting on Akula SSN, still negotiations r on.
4.consultancy for fine tuning nuclear command and control protocol and related tech. etc for operational arihant class SSBN.
5.access to megajoule for thermonuclear stimulation and scaling up of existing thermonuclear bomb design
etc

also if french completes the offsets as per agreement then under MII india might end up with 90+54 or more additional rafales for air force and navy.

most importantly india maybe allowed access to megajoules facility nobody will ever confirm that officially or unofficially.

a funny aspect of this deal..................
the last sticking point of negotiation was India seeking discount of 1,50,000 Euros
LOL taking about HARDCORE bargaining
the french must have almost decided to give up the rafales for free, when the Indians decided enough is enough grin grin grin grin

in other word India is saying bye bye to Russia.

but Russia never forgives so India watch ur backs
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by andrewza: 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
giles14:

India has been burned to many times by deals with Russia I think they just had enough.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 7:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
andrewza:

India has been burned to many times by deals with Russia I think they just had enough.
so u are saying d west will treat India better .well I wish d Indians d best of luck
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 7:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
andrewza:

I don't think so. they still have deals like su30 upgrades or Su-35, T-50, S-400,raders, missles,ect.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
giles14:

in reply to the above statement of yours , i wish to tell u the following story to show u why u ended up making the wrong conclusion ,

It was six men of Indostan
To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant
(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind.

The First approach'd the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the Elephant
Is very like a wall!" grin

The Second, feeling of the tusk,
Cried, -"Ho! what have we here
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me 'tis mighty clear
This wonder of an Elephant
Is very like a spear!" grin

The Third approached the animal,
And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
Thus boldly up and spake:
"I see," quoth he, "the Elephant
Is very like a snake!" grin

The Fourth reached out his eager hand,
And felt about the knee.
"What most this wondrous beast is like
Is mighty plain," quoth he,
"'Tis clear enough the Elephant
Is very like a tree!" grin

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said: "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a fan!" grin

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Then, seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
Is very like a rope!" grin

And so these men of Indostan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

i hope u now understand why u erred (u took into account the tip of the iceberg , never saw the whole picture )
...........................................................................................

india russia relationship r not easily dismissed as some of u r doing

as a analyst the first thing u will be taught is to look for small things which relate inconspicuously to bigger things.

putin is going to vist india in october , and his envoy is in india now to firm up defense and economic deals.

russia has its fingers on est. 80 billion + dollars in india
russia is transferring either yasen or akula TOT for make in india why ?
russia transfering critical tech in nuclear , missile and other fields why ?

because it considers India as a strategic partner now and in the future.

india was the country which helped russia in the difficult times during 90s when it did not have money to buy essential items , india bought billions of dollars of equipments when no other country was willing to buy russian equipment , indian money helped russian defence industry get on its feet initially and drive the various defence development programs which are so successful now, something which the russians themselves acknowledge .

all these putin remembers very well and there for russia will never forget
problems and bottlenecks are there and will always be there but they will always be negotiated mutually to each others satisfaction.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by andrewza: 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2016
giles14:
so u are saying d west will treat India better .well I wish d Indians d best of luck

India has been dealing with the west for years and has had far less issues
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by andrewza: 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
chinese8107:

I don't think so. they still have deals like su30 upgrades or Su-35, T-50, S-400,raders, missles,ect.

http://www.janes.com/article/62063/indian-navy-reports-problems-with-russian-carrier-aircraft

one of the Russian issues

yeah T-50 is a years away and may never appear.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 8:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
chinese8107:
US plane like F-22 can not do pugachev cobra because their combat tactic is different from Russia.They emphasizes on stealth than supper manueverablity,they emphasize the "first sight first fire."

Really? Check again. The f22 can do the pugachev even the 360
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
tdayof:

any video or reliable source?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2016
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by andrewza: 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
tdayof:

yes ur correct,
i forgot to mention it grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
andrewza:

T50 is still a very long way off if ever it is built.

i am kind of confused now

which one r u talking about

PAKFA (T50) or the FGFA based on PAKFA
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
nemesis2u:

yes ur correct,
i forgot to mention it grin
haha yes. I stole your line Check again grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
Can someone explain this?

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
tdayof:
Can someone explain this?

just saying its totally messed up there , everybody seems to be fighting everybody grin grin grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 15, 2016

the improved version of the Leopard 2's L55 smooth-bore gun - the L55A1 - is supposed to be ready for series production in 2018 according to Rheinmetall. Together with new ammunition, the L55A1 is claimed to provide about 20% more performance than the current version.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 15, 2016

he seems to be enjoying...

somebody plz hit him with a HE warhead grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 15, 2016

fuucck thats the cockpit of Boeing AJT shocked

i am seriously jealous now cry
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 10:00am On Sep 16, 2016
nemesis2u:

in reply to the above statement of yours , i wish to tell u the following story to show u why u ended up making the wrong conclusion ,

It was six men of Indostan
To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant
(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind.

The First approach'd the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the Elephant
Is very like a wall!" grin

The Second, feeling of the tusk,
Cried, -"Ho! what have we here
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me 'tis mighty clear
This wonder of an Elephant
Is very like a spear!" grin

The Third approached the animal,
And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
Thus boldly up and spake:
Is very like a snake!" grin

The Fourth reached out his eager hand,
And felt about the knee.
"What most this wondrous beast is like
Is mighty plain," quoth he,
"'Tis clear enough the Elephant
Is very like a tree!" grin

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said: "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a fan!" grin

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Then, seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
Is very like a rope!" grin

And so these men of Indostan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

i hope u now understand why u erred (u took into account the tip of the iceberg , never saw the whole picture )
...........................................................................................

india russia relationship r not easily dismissed as some of u r doing

as a analyst the first thing u will be taught is to look for small things which relate inconspicuously to bigger things.

putin is going to vist india in october , and his envoy is in india now to firm up defense and economic deals.

russia has its fingers on est. 80 billion + dollars in india
russia is transferring either yasen or akula TOT for make in india why ?
russia transfering critical tech in nuclear , missile and other fields why ?

because it considers India as a strategic partner now and in the future.

india was the country which helped russia in the difficult times during 90s when it did not have money to buy essential items , india bought billions of dollars of equipments when no other country was willing to buy russian equipment , indian money helped russian defence industry get on its feet initially and drive the various defence development programs which are so successful now, something which the russians themselves acknowledge .

all these putin remembers very well and there for russia will never forget
problems and bottlenecks are there and will always be there but they will always be negotiated mutually to each others satisfaction.
agreed but let India trade with caution,ur alliance with d west will in few years to come put u in direct confrontation with Russia.

don't forget if not for Russia d USA n Pakistan will be occupying India by now
http://www.theworldreporter.com/2011/10/1971-india-pakistan-war-role-of-russia.html
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 10:49am On Sep 16, 2016
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 16, 2016
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 16, 2016
giles14:
agreed but let India trade with caution,ur alliance with d west will in few years to come put u in direct confrontation with Russia.

don't forget if not for Russia d USA n Pakistan will be occupying India by now

us/pakistan occupying india ? that would have been a disaster for the world , it was more like India ending up occupying Pakistan grin
the pakistanis/us were asking for Chinese help , but they refused grin

india already repaid russia/soviet union for its help via lots of dollars grin grin

and let me tell u something Russia and the west are never gonna engage directly , it will be proxies that is the failed/weak states who will fight for them , because outside of the usual rhetoric their main interest is political and economic interests for themselves only .
how difficult it is to understand that , because if the 2 powers fight what will be left to rule over ?

both are too smart , they will supply the money and ammo but will never use it themselves on each other .
look at ukraine did US engage russia directly all it did was posturing and supply.
look at syria did russia engage US directly all it did/ is doing is strengthening its stakes and keeping up the supply.

do u know the level of cooperation between us and russia at the deepest levels in-spite of the baloney and play acting in public ?

let me tell u US operates signit/intelligence stations in china with active chinese cooperation close to the russian border , russia knows it , what does it do, nothing , does russia go complaining to china no ! why ?
because everybody is looking after their own interests , there are no permanent friends within nations, and every body knows expect for people like us

u want to exchange jobs with me ? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (668) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.