Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (985024 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 01, 2016
Aditya Class

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Seened: 9:32am On Dec 01, 2016
nemesis2u:
drdo aerostat old images

I have the sudden feeling that Nigeria needs this kind of asset in the North East theater.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Seened: 9:48am On Dec 01, 2016
Nemesis2u can you explain this more. Copied it from an article on China's hypersonic space plane.

"The hybrid space plane’s combined cycle engines would use turbofan or turbojet engines to takeoff horizontally from a landing strip. Once airborne, the engine then shifts to ramjet propulsion and, as speed increases, adjusts into a scramjet engine with supersonic airflow. At the scramjet stage, the hybrid spaceplane would enter hypersonic flight in ‘near space.’ Finally, the hybrid spaceplane would use its rocket motors to push out of near space and into orbit."

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 10:20am On Dec 01, 2016
tdayof:

What'sup with your Flankers flying around today with afterburners?

Is Japan or NK taunting you grin Probably a raptor came close before being detected. cheesy

Most China made flanker ultilize Russian engine,though some home-made problematic kockoff undergone some tests.

LOL raptor is not for sale.F-35 is for sale but many country complain and don't wannna buy.yet they don't have technology to develop a stealth plane independently.I don't think F-22 even B-2 can pose serious threat to China. US already deploy many units in Japan and S.Korea.
US knows a stealth plane is not undefeatable some gen 4++ plane with latest upgrade may have cost competitive advantages.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 10:40am On Dec 01, 2016
chinese8107:

Most China made flanker ultilize Russian engine,though some home-made problematic kockoff undergone some tests.

LOL raptor is not for sale.F-35 is for sale but many country complain and don't wannna buy.yet they don't have technology to develop a stealth plane independently.I don't think F-22 even B-2 can pose serious threat to China. US already deploy many units in Japan and S.Korea.
US knows a stealth plane is not undefeatable some gen 4++ plane with latest upgrade may have cost competitive advantages.

Yea I know . Just curious why they had to fly with afterburners. I counted 4.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
a Chinese private company made mock-up MBT with 360hp engine can drive at 40km/hour grin . I think adding the remote control feature into this toy will be considered next. grin but i think an air inflated MBT is cheaper

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 12:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
tdayof:

Yea I know . Just curious why they had to fly with afterburners. I counted 4.

for test
why not afterburners
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
chinese8107:

for test
why not afterburners

Doesn't look like a test. Afterburners in a residential area causing sonic boom is very rare.

They don't seem to be like a prototype too undergoing test.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
tdayof:

Doesn't look like a test. Afterburners in a residential area causing sonic boom is very rare.

They don't seem to be like a prototype too undergoing test.

that means they are confident about that engine.At least it is not likely to conk out simultaneously.
a AL31F knock-off.but not in mass production
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
nemesis2u:

yes good old rpg 7 penetrated the frontal amour , when i saw the pic , i was surprised to see what was reveled if that is armour i will be damned, it is a shell

if even modern tandem warhead RPG penetrate frontal amour then i will say that the armour is not worthy of being called a amour .

in the pic below the frontal Armour failed and the base amour also took damage , u can see a hole in the base armour the kind made by shape charged RPGs .

guess the design was improved after this and included ERA tiles, not sure though

edit : it is modernized type 59 i made a typo earlier
you do know you shared two different photos of different vehicles.the tank is a Al-Zarrar MBT and the other is a M113 armored personnel carrier.the tank Al-Zarrar was most likely destroyed when its was hit from the rear,penetrating up to the power plant .thus igniting and burning the tank.the front armour which you said it was penetrated(which shows no such indication) is just part of spaced armour removed
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
FLYING WHALES Airship

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-10/21/c_135772681.htm
A SINO-FRENCH JOINT PROJECT

code name LCA60T touted as the world's largest Airship.the 140 to 150 meter-long LCA60T, which will be capable of carrying 60 tons of cargo, will probably be unveiled in 2019.

hybrid electric power system uses graphene-based ultracapacitors – batteries – that give the airship a boost when it needs to hover, lift cargo, and stabilise itself in bad weather.

"Our ultracapacitor technology driving the airships' electric power systems will ensure manoeuvrability and control, such as vertical take-off and landing ability, which will be vital for heavy-lift industrial applications," says Taavi Madiberk, CEO and co-founder of Skeleton Technologies, which manufacturers the graphene-based ultracapacitors.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Mabel2010(f): 8:11am On Dec 02, 2016
Tbc for Sale
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 10:55am On Dec 02, 2016
german leopard 2a7

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
chinese8107:
german leopard 2a7
Best tank in the world.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 12:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
chinese8107:
german leopard 2a7
Best tank in the world.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
MikeCZA:
Best tank in the world.

That honor falls to the M182 SEP.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
chinese8107:

for test
why not afterburners

Are you in the PRC military, do they make Officers take English lessons?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
Vanquay:

That honor falls to the M182 SEP.
Everyone has an opinion.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
Vanquay:

Are you in the PRC military, do they make Officers take English lessons?
now I am free from them, otherwise would have no time to view forum.most new generation PRC officer can speak some level of english
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by jlnAgain: 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2016
fvck these moderators seriously!! why am i getting banned?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
Someone mentioned me, got two mentions hidden and Voila.

chinese8107:

now I am free from them, otherwise would have no time to view forum.most new generation PRC officer can speak some level of english

Oh okay...I want to visit Japan, China or South Korea...When I have enough money, I am going on a Sex Tourism angry.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
MikeCZA:
Everyone has an opinion.

Yeah, but it's always nice when you have facts to back up your opinion.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 11:04pm On Dec 02, 2016
MikeCZA:
Everyone has an opinion.
very much correct.

for me d best tank is T90SM
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 7:32am On Dec 03, 2016
Vanquay:
Someone mentioned me, got two mentions hidden and Voila.

Oh okay...I want to visit Japan, China or South Korea...When I have enough money, I am going on a Sex Tourism angry.
in Japan it's almost open,in South Korea n China it's half undergrounded.It could cause troubles..
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 7:57am On Dec 03, 2016
nemesis wots happening with your naval tejas.

http://lm.?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftimesofindia.indiatimes.com%2Findia%2FNavy-rejects-Tejas-says-overweight-fighter-does-not-meet-its-requirements%2Farticleshow%2F55756350.cms&h=kAQHCCsAY&enc=AZPMa3q9Qq5WxUCHUzjY5z6GGDWxGaqrn5OxD8x9Pd0CqwlgcYy9VS8N_paOoLcqsOnZ90oQQt3eaZv5xAUYAvKG3Fas6s8ocn5pM6xF73GEgCDuWGmbE7gXUUBgRpuepmlq37r6KNRRVdz4NE7hxCui9un2bwKU23JoyP4LwU7tFlrihHUb3Oh8b_p5u6p708iOJwxAAi7pjR0aT_fSs3PoE7UsOQWh3mBdYy3lb0n89JKp5yqewSveqlW-0qUUzbwqoH0C0n2w0e94MOPxhFLh8kVtk0iIfCa1KJJRdS9S-A&s=1
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
Seened:

I have the sudden feeling that Nigeria needs this kind of asset in the North East theater.
IMO Nigeria (especially the army) needs mobile radars in the north east
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2016
Odunayaw:
IMO Nigeria (especially the army) needs mobile radars in the north east

US used something like this to track terrorists planting IED .

You can see it in use in heroes of hell's highway
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
tdayof:

maybe it's phobia or sumthn...I just fear when things are static

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
tdayof:

we are actual in the process of acquiring several from the US,to monitor our border with somalia

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.