Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,491 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) (105802 Views)

Forbidden Love - A Short And Educative Love Story / A Song For Bola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
Okay....I'll post by midnight.... sorry I didn't keep to my promise .... Buh be rest assured ...this story is coming to an end.., thanks for your love and support...

4 Likes

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by mofy1(f): 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
Thanks too
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by callmeomotee33(f): 4:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
You are welcome dear....and thanks to u also, we will be waiting for the updates by midnight
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nice story
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by rachealfst(f): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
Great story, God bless you for us.
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by superdanny10: 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
Angelsss:
Okay....I'll post by midnight....
sorry I didn't keep to my promise
Buh be rest assured ...this story is coming to an end..,
thanks for your love and support...

That's why I love you wink
I could just kiss you from here... tongue

No offence oo...but I've got great abs(check ma dp) more than iyanya & flavour combine. cool

[Na joke oo..no call ur husband on me, coz the abs na just drawing] grin
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 1:50am On Aug 30, 2016
‘open up….’ Dami banged the door impatiently, he’d come home late and hadn’t wanted to disturb his mother and Fifi, so he’d decided to sleep outside….

‘Dami! Where have you been’? the door was ajar and his mother’s worried face peered at him….

Evelyn had been so worried, though she had been able to distract herself from thinking about her only son…by searching for Makanjuola’s will

‘I came home late….and I decided to sleep outside…’ he decided to keep her out of the events that had happened to him…

‘is that blood?’ Evelyn walked closer to him and panicked….what had gone wrong?

‘mum….am okay, am fine…just let it go’ he stuttered not knowing what to say….

‘let this go? Did you have an accident? Is that why you weren’t able to arrive on time to see your father’?

‘mum…can we talk about something else’? women! They had a way of turning stones to mountains…it was just a bloodstain…

He looked down on his shirt and noticed he was bleeding slightly….what could have triggered that? His chest region ached badly….

He was torn between decisions….was it safe to keep the pictures away from his mother? What if the person after their family had sent those armed robbers….it was all confusing…

It didn’t still make any sense….

‘mum…why is the house this scattered’? he noticed papers lay haphazardly across the room…

‘we are looking for dad’s will…..’ Fifi walked in still inside her pajamas….she bit her lip as her mother stared daggers at her….

‘what for’? Dami raised his brows….why on earth would his mother and sister search for their father’s will? Was he going to die? Oh my god! He panicked….

Then his fears were replaced with anger….anger that his mother and Fifi were greedy enough to search for the will of a living man…

‘so where have you been’? his mother ignored his question….

‘mother….you have’nt answered me…is something going to happen to dad? Is he dying? Why would you search for his will’?

He rose from the chair and went to fetch himself some water…he had to calm his nerves….

‘how could you let it slip’? Evelyn whispered tightly to her daughter who’d leaked their secret…

‘am sorry mom…dunno what came over me…’ she responded, feeling sorry….

‘excuse me….’ Evelyn picked her husband’s phone…someone was calling, luckily the robbers didn’t take any electrical appliance…

‘Hello goodmorning, Mrs Makanjuola on the line…please who am I speaking with’?

‘ermmm….morning madam….i am Chief Gbenga Oluwatosin…I’ll appreciate it if you hand over the phone to your husband…’ he had no time to waste….

‘oh my god….it’s a pleasure sir….’ She was all smiles…she’d spoken with the chief himself…

‘sir…my husband isn’t feeling well…he’s currently at the hospital…’ she explained, carefully leaving out the details of the robbery incident…

‘wow…that’s a spoiler…when do you think I can meet with him, it’s very important…’ the chief frowned a bit, he hated it when his plans were delayed…

‘ah! Sir…it doesn’t matter….i can still meet with you…we can discuss anything…or maybe you could come over the house and I take you to the hospital, if you want’? she prayed he accepted her idea…this would mean a good thing for Fifi…

‘Splendid!...i think that’s just what I would do…please send me your address…thank you’

‘OSHORO ESTATE…MAKANJUOLA’S RESIDENCE’ she added more hints to guide him…

‘it’s okay then…have a nice day Madam….’ He grinned at the other end and cut the call…

…………………………………..

‘mum who was that’? Fifi was curious….

‘guess’? Evelyn beamed with smiles…she stared from Dami to Fifi….the chief was coming over to their house….

‘mum I don’t feel like …please tell me’ Fifi wondered what good news it was…

‘I just spoke with Chief Oluwatosin…’ she exclaimed….

‘oh? Fifi’s Father –in law’ Dami scorned….set to get his pigheaded sister annoyed…something else bothered him…

‘oh shut up Dami….you’re just jealous…’ Fifi rolled her eyes…

‘would you stop it you two? Now isn’t the time to fight…get up and keep the house clean…the Chief is visiting…’

‘oh my god mom…is he coming alone? Is Vega coming with him?’ she rose up and hugged her mother…

‘uhmmm, I forgot to ask that…but you’ve just reminded me of something, if he eventually turns up without Vega…I’ll pressure him to let you visit his son…’

‘I love you mom…you’re the best’ she embraced her mother better…

‘mom you should be ashamed of yourself…p*mping out your daughter like some cheap cargo…we have something else going on and you’re jubilating about the Chief’s visit…when your husband lies critically at the hospital…’ Dami was completely pissed of…

‘shut up Dami…I’ll advise you to keep your mouth shut if you have nothing good to say to I or your sister…how dare you’? Evelyn walked towards him ready to hand him a slap…

‘don’t even try it mom…am saying the truth and you know it…how am I not sure you even sent that guy to murder me? So you and Fifi could take over father’s wealth’? he voiced out his thoughts, now it was all making sense…

Who else would want to hurt him?

‘are you crazy? How can you talk to mom like that’? her brother’s insolence knew no boundaries…

‘what are you talking about’? Evelyn was confused…how could he say something so mean to her?

‘I know you tried to kill me …don’t even pretend…but don’t even think of carting away with dad’s money…even if I die…Bola is still a bonafide member of this family and deserves to share in the common wealth’ he burst out angrily….

‘Damilola am disappointed in you…I know you probably took some cocaine yesterday and you’re still high…you’ll apologise later …stupid boy!’ she walked away from him….

‘and by the way…you’re driving us to the hospital…’ she hissed and walked away….

Dami looked around once more…it didn’t make sense…he’d just accused his mother of being behind his kidnap…but what if she was?

How about the pictures of her and Fifi? It didn’t add up…something was terribly wrong…whatever it was, he would find a way to end it…

But one thing was for sure, Bola needed to reconcile with their father…. His greedy mother and Fifi needed to be put in place….

He couldn’t wait to see his father…they had a lot to discuss…

For the first time, he felt responsible for something…he felt the pain of all the time he’d wasted in the University…

He felt like a man…

Once more…his heart searched for her…Rose…that was her name…btu he pushed her away…he wasn’t ever looking bad…

He’d woken earlier than usual… for one, he’d an appointment with his father…and she couldn’t let him sleep…

He felt stupid for leaving her like that….he hadn’t meant to…but seeing the way she fled from him at the sight of her lover hurt him slightly….

Thoughts of her troubled his sleep…tormented him…caused sleep to elude him….

He was going to forget her…at all cost…she wasn’t the right woman for him…though Ismail had given him a long lecture the previous night…

He wasn’t going to take any of it…he needed to please the Lion…why was he hellbent on stopping the union between him and Carol? There was something fishy about that and he was compelled to find out…

He checked his watch and brushed his hair hurriedly….Carol wasn’t yet back…thankfully she wouldn’t be here to cause him any guilt….

He wasn’t going with Ismail, it was a father-son outing……the Lion had his reasons for asking him to come alone….

…………………………….
Getting to the Chief’s office was quite easy as there was no traffic that morning….

Surprisingly the old man was already set, he looked every inch a king in his regalia….

The blue colored Agbada fitted him like a second skin and his cap sat proudly on his head, the Lion was a handsome man…

‘Goodmorning father….’ Vega walked in confidently….

‘Vega….i don’t like the way you’re dressed….’ He replied…

‘father…I don’t understand…’ he looked himself over….

‘you’re supposed to appear in your traditional clothes, we’re going to see your wife’s people for god’s sake…’ The lion looked at Vega for a while and turned to the window….

‘sorry father…I don’t have much traditional clothes and you never informed me of the dress code’ there was sarcasm In his voice…

‘don’t jest with me boy….something disturbs me…’ the Lion focused on the streets once again….

‘dad….are you okay’? Vega settled in one of the comfy cushions…his father sounded different….like there was fear and uncertainty in his voice…

‘It’s your brother Tony…when he called to tell me about the company….that’s the fire incident…there was something in his voice….i can’t place it…but I think he’s playing tricks on me…’ he walked over to the table and rang the bell for his morning coffee…

‘you think he’s lying? Why would he do that? What can he achieve by such deceit’? Vega reasoned….what if his father was just being paranoid?

‘I know you think me crazy…trust me, am not…I can smell deceit from a distance……just like I saw through your façade…’ he smiled to himself and wondered why his other son would betray him…

‘father…it’s just difficult to believe Tony would do such a thing…I think we should keep our fingers crossed….’ Vega suggested….

‘Your mother may be behind this….’ The chief continued….

‘dad…you’re scaring me with your ideas…why would you even think that? Mum is having vacation and you guys hardly speak to each other…why would you even think that’?

‘I called your aunt she went to visit yesterday….she told me your mother had gone to see Tony in Istanbul….your mother had always wanted to harm me for years…’ the chief explained calmly…it was all making sense now…

‘considering you cheated on her severally and slept with my girlfriend on your matrimonial bed, I think you deserve it….’ Vega poured himself some coffee….

‘not funny….your mother is more dangerous than you can imagine…I cheated on her yes,…but she cheated on me first and more than thrice with my friends…I regret marrying her…am telling you this son…though I would have had you and Tony…’

‘dad…how can you say something so mean? She’s still my mother…and I don’t believe she ever cheated…’ Vega dropped his cup as he lost apetite from what the old man was saying…

‘maybe god was punishing me…through Margeret…your mother was my punishment’….

‘how’? Vega rubbed his head…

‘I had this lovely girlfriend, her name was Alero…she was so nice to me…but I never cared…I didn’t cherish her…and I broke her heart ……I haven’t seen her for thirty years now…if only I could see her and beg for her forgiveness’ he peered into the streets quietly…

‘Alero? …am sorry dad’ he sympathized with his father for the first time…the old man looked every sad…

‘thanks son…we’re running late…let’s get going’ he felt better after having that chat with his son….

‘so dad…do I have to marry this girl? Considering we’ve just reconcile?’ he’d not had this kind of tete a tete with his dad for many years now….

‘hahahaha…I just needed someone to talk to…you happened to be there Vega…you’re still marrying Fikayo Makanjuola or I disinherit you…’ he patted Vega on the back and headed for the car….

‘how about Carol? Why can’t you give me your blessing? Why do you want me to end up unhappy like you’? he called after his father….

Those words brought the chief to a standstill….then he turned and faced his son…

‘maybe I don’t want you to make the same mistakes as I’ he replied and slid into the car…

‘I think they’re here….’ Fifi peered at the window nervously…. He was going to be here any minute from then….

‘mom how do I look’? she spun round….

‘elegant my love….am so happy this day…’ Evelyn smiled warmly, ignoring her son who was totally engrossed in his vain thoughts….

‘Be a good boy…go open the door Damilola…while I wait here with your sister…’

‘Hmmm….’ Dami eyed his mother suspiciously and left for the door….

‘Goodmorning sir….’ Dami was shocked to see this man here….had he come to harm him for bashing his car?
Was his driver dead?

Many thoughts ran through his mind as he stood before the young man and the other fierce looking man…

‘you’? Vega replied….what was he doing here…hadn’t he had enough appearances?
First, he’d collided into them…then he came to SAVORY with Bola and here he was…what was going on?

……………………………..

‘what’s going on here? have you two met before’? the Lion looked from the handsome young man to his son Vega….

‘kind of dad….’ Vega replied coolly….

‘come in sir’ Dami directed the visitors into the livingroom….

It was confusing…Vega Oluwatosin was different from his pictures…he quickly grabbed his phone and decided to do some research….

‘wow Chief welcome…Vega…come give me a hug….my son-in law’ Evelyn opened her arm for an embrace….

‘so fast…’ the Chief muttered and avoided Vega’s eyes…the boy looked like he was ready to kill him…

‘come and greet Vega properly….’ Evelyn pushed Fifi forward….

‘welcome Vega…’ she bent her knees before him ….

‘am sorry I didn’t tell you Vega would be coming along with me…it was meant to be a surprise…’ the chief was pleased with the warm welcome…

‘no problem chief, we’re glad to have you…’ Evelyn replied….

‘who is the young man’? the chief narrowed his eyes on Dami who was busy with his phone…why were young kids of this generation so insolent?

‘Damilola!’ Evelyn screamed loudly and he jerked….

‘am sorry sir…I was wondering where I’d seen him….’ He referred to Vega….

‘it’s okay boy…you kids like social media…’ the chief laughed it off….

‘he’s my first and only son….Sir…’ Evelyn explained….

‘eh?’ Vega rolled his eyes….so Bola loved to go for the rich guys…

‘Hey Vega ….can we talk for a minute…am pleased to meet you…I just read about you…apparently I confused you with your brother Tony…’ Dami chattered excitedly…

‘wow…’ Vega wondered what he was up to….was there a point of talking privately? He might as well say whatever he had to say….

‘I first saw you on SONGBET….’ Vega began…he remembered the pictures of him and Bola….

‘oh my god, you follow the competition’? Fifi chipped in excitedly…my god? She was so lucky to have him….was he looking out for her in the competition? Her heart gladden at the thought….

‘of course I do…actually…my Girl…ermmm I mean I have a friend there…her name is Carol’ he sighed inwardly and smiled at the girl he was supposed to marry….

Fikayo was pretty no doubt, but nothing in her attracted him…

‘so as I was saying….i saw you with one of the contestants…’ Vega continued…

‘Bola? You mean?....she’s a very nosy person’ Fifi cut in again….

The Chief and Evelyn watched them silently….

‘yes Bola…..’ Vega concurred…

‘don’t mind those bloggers…she’s my sister…’ Dami laughed….

‘uhmmm…I think we should go to the table…I prepared something special for you chief….’

‘you are very kind Evelyn….am always ready to eat something nice…leave the kids alone…’ he ignored his son and went over to the table…

Evelyn was a bit concerned….she’d expected Vega to follow his dad but he sat there discussing with her foolish children….

Why on earth did they have to mention Bola? She always ruined everything….

‘your sister’? Vega rolled his eyes….Femi had said something similar….

‘sadly…she is our sister…now let’s go and eat darling….’ Fifi held unto his arms and smiled sweetly….

‘I can’t believe that…’ he muttered…

‘half sister by the way…her mother was a very loose woman…’ Fifi whispered to his ears…

Before he could reply…Evelyn had offered him a seat near her and he couldn’t refuse….

5 Likes

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by boldndbeautiful(f): 3:01am On Aug 30, 2016
Thanks angelsss, God bless u dear.
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by solmantb: 4:41am On Aug 30, 2016
weldone ma'am...God bless!
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by mofy1(f): 7:00am On Aug 30, 2016
Yayyy history is about to repeat it's self. Am all smiles.

1 Like

Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Chicent(m): 7:15am On Aug 30, 2016
Now dats what am talking about....
Vega act fast and replace bola with fifi before things go south with bola meeting chief....
Welldone "As the angelsss sings" keep it coming bae
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by aprilwise(m): 7:38am On Aug 30, 2016
This story is difficult to predict but I can smell turn around of fate. Who laugh last laugh best.
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Amenya96(f): 7:40am On Aug 30, 2016
wow story it is ,history about to repeat itself,,,,,,but angelssssss you owe one more update o,,,,,,
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by okesgift: 7:49am On Aug 30, 2016
Pls are we still going to talk abt d competition?

Cos I haven't heard anytin abt d.
Singing competition in a while ....
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by maggdon(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2016
if i do not comment at this juncture it wil be a crime against your effort. i particularly love the way you let vega no damy is her bro, its nt like d usual way. but pls do gv us more updates na beg we dey beg
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by kejibabe(f): 8:29am On Aug 30, 2016
thanks Angelsss, waiting for today's update
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by callmeomotee33(f): 8:37am On Aug 30, 2016
Wow..thanks sis, since Vega have already know that DAMI and bola are siblings...am sure he will erase that tought of them been dating each other
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Ikdbabie(f): 8:51am On Aug 30, 2016
Good. I am happy that Vega now know that Bola is damilola sister all thanks to fifi wide mouth.
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Chummypinky(f): 9:06am On Aug 30, 2016
nicce story so re we still gonna get update today?else i will cry oooo
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 9:19am On Aug 30, 2016
thank you guys..,your comments don motivate me...
would update today at night for that...
have a lovely day ...
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Olabantu(m): 9:26am On Aug 30, 2016
Chicent:
Now dats what am talking about....
Vega act fast and replace bola with fifi before things go south with bola meeting chief....
Welldone "As the angelsss sings" keep it coming bae
I think the lion will prefer Alero's dauther Fifi..Thing's are sorting themselves out putting everyone in there respective places
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Angelsss(f): 9:27am On Aug 30, 2016
Please the 11 people that commented after the update should send me an email...
since you guys appreciated me...I will return the favor with a small gift...
PLEASE SEND THE EMAIL WITH THE FOLLOWING... 1- YOUR NAIRALAND USERNAME 2- THE NAMES OF MY BOOKS YOU'VE EVER READ.. BE QUICK! Thanks a lot
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by dupsai(f): 9:53am On Aug 30, 2016
I must commend you Angelsss for this beautiful story, you are an Angel and you are doing a great job. God bless you real good. So, the Lion dumped Alero for Margaret. I hope Bola resemble her mum and she will bring the memory back when she finally meet him.
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Michelle55: 10:11am On Aug 30, 2016
this is an awesome piece dearie.. kip it up
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by solmantb: 10:43am On Aug 30, 2016
YAaaay! I qualify for the gift o...i was second to comment...i don send message sharp! Sharp!!.....solaye4u@yahoo.com
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Naruto2(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2016
So captivating.. More Grease to your elbow Angelsss..
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Naruto2(m): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2016
I guess I also qualify for the gift Yaaaaayy.... Email=De.king5552@gmail.com Username= Naruto2 Books I have read... Photographer and songs of love.
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by Olabantu(m): 11:48am On Aug 30, 2016
The 11th commenter so I sent you the mail already...olabantu@gmail.com
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by callmeomotee33(f): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2016
Angelsss:
Please the 11 people that commented after the update should send me an email...

since you guys appreciated me...I will return the favor with a small gift...

PLEASE SEND THE EMAIL WITH THE FOLLOWING...
1- YOUR NAIRALAND USERNAME
2- THE NAMES OF MY BOOKS YOU'VE EVER READ..
BE QUICK!
Thanks a lot
wow thanks......can't believe am winning another gifts again ...this is the second time ..God will continue to bless u...he will increase u physically and spiritually
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by callmeomotee33(f): 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
Email sent.......
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by arinze3131(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
if I gues correctly,Vega z gonna love Bola lyk crazy 4rm nw on words.Fifi U nd ur mom don fail b dat ooo.tanz so much 4 d update swet Ageless.
Re: Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) by CaraJewel(f): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
I slept off here on nl...waiting for dz .update angells my my battery turn red...hope ur schedule todae wil let u update earlly..am in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply)

Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! / A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince) / The Club a story - #nlwriters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.