Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action (6979 Views)

Strike Call-off: Ngige, Ibe Kachikwu Sign Agreements With Pengassan(photos) / FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison / Ngige, Kachikwu Set To Meet PENGASSAN Over Proposed Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by 4ward(m): 10:26am On Jul 12, 2016
APC U HAD BETTER DO SOMETHING FAST AND MEANINGFUL OOOOOOOOOOOO
afronews12111:
The Federal government led by the Minister of Labor, Chris Ngige, today began talks with leaders of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, PENGASSAN, to end their 5-day strike action. According to both parties, the dialogue have so far been satisfactory...

NUPENG however says the strike will still continue until all issues that led to the call for the strike action is adequately addressed. Among the grievance of the oil workers include; staff redundancy and collective bargaining. Speaking after the meeting which lasted over six hours at the Federal Ministry of Labor, the Minister of state for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu, said

"The meetings were collaborative. They were deliberate, they were frank and solution seeking. In most of the key areas, we had a good collaborative landing@he said Minister of Labor, Chris Ngige, said the only issue outstanding at the moment is the issue of unemployment in the sector "We only have one issue outstanding and that is unemployment. and that matter will be addressed tomorrow because the IOCs are not here.

http://www.afronews.co/2016/07/fg-begin-talks-with-pengassan-over.html
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by truthspeaks: 10:27am On Jul 12, 2016
Happy talkin
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by afronews12111: 10:37am On Jul 12, 2016
I PRAY THEY DO THE RIGHT THING
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
Asokoro2:
I use to respect that man (Ngige) until he threatened banks for sacking staff that they can't afford to pay.
God help this Government pls, grant them direction cos they don't even know where they stand.

From your view, I guess he should have allowed banks continue to render more Nigerians jobless! We humans are terribly difficult to satisfy. Same us would have asked him what he did as minister of labour while banks were sacking. What we all know is that this banks are not being properly managed (case of Skye, Oceanic etc).
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by Lawalemi(m): 6:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
aljharem:

Did they lay you off

Lol you voted for change na
I'm employed. Mine is a show of solidarity to my colleagues.

Besides, I never supported the APC Change because of the vagueness of their promises

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Electoral Law Is Problematic - INEC Chairman / Should The Nigerian Govt Regulate The Social Media Space? / Photos: Hurricane Irene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.