Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? (3303 Views)

Fake Hushpuppi Defrauds Student Of His Tuition Fee On Twitter / Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging / Female Student Of University Of Ghana Jumps To Her Death (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by asitis752: 7:16am On Jul 12, 2016
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by VictorRomanov: 7:25am On Jul 12, 2016
Why not ask ur HOD or Exams and Records officer.
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by grevotech(m): 7:27am On Jul 12, 2016
Go back to the school. My own school doesn't require you registering anything. Cause once u pay for your portal access (which your HOD called registration) then you've become a student. Go back and register and you'd be start from 200 Level that means one year is gone. You're still a student even if u come 5 years later you'd still be a student since u did not fail any course.

1 Like

Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by Totino: 7:42am On Jul 12, 2016
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by asitis752: 7:51am On Jul 12, 2016
VictorRomanov:
Why not ask ur HOD or Exams and Records officer.
I'll do just that but I am very far away from school right now. Thanks so much
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by asitis752: 7:52am On Jul 12, 2016
grevotech:
Go back to the school. My own school doesn't require you registering anything. Cause once u pay for your portal access (which your HOD called registration) then you've become a student. Go back and register and you'd be start from 200 Level that means one year is gone. You're still a student even if u come 5 years later you'd still be a student since u did not fail any course.
so informative, thank you
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by Enrichlee(m): 9:29am On Jul 12, 2016
asitis752:
Please nairalanders, I need your advice. I got admission to study in one of Nigeria's federal universities in 2014/2015 academic session and I had 4.06 as my cgpa without carryover. My problem started after part one when I couldn't pay my school fee for part 2. I went to my hod to defer my program but he said I must do registration before I could defer. I was helpless. All the people that promised to help me financially disappointed me. It got to a point that I was considering coming to nairaland maybe I could find help but due to the attitude of some nairalanders towards people looking for help, i couldn't come. After 3months of attending lectures in school without doing registration, I left the school in tears. My mates are now in part 3 but the reason why I'm confused now is maybe I can still go and pay for my school fee and do my registration so that I can continue from part two or have I been expelled because I couldn't do my registration? Please nairalanders how does this thing work in Nigeria federal universities? Mods please I solicit for your help. I need this info so that I can aggressively look for the money before we resume in the next two months. Thanks
Well, where I finished from...Failure to pay a session's fees before the close of registration process means voluntary withdrawal from the school. Maybe you should give the name of the school, who knows someone here may have a better info about how things are done there.
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by asitis752: 9:51am On Jul 12, 2016
Enrichlee:
Well, where I finished from...Failure to pay a session's fees before the close of registration process means voluntary withdrawal from the school. Maybe you should give the name of the school, who knows someone here may have a better info about how things are done there.
university of maiduguri, popularly known as unimaid
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by asitis752: 9:53am On Jul 12, 2016
Mods please help!
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by Enrichlee(m): 10:00am On Jul 12, 2016
asitis752:
university of maiduguri, popularly known as unimaid
Ok. Over to u guys, any info about how things are done @ Unimaid. Help a brother!

1 Like

Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by babyfaceafrica: 10:35am On Jul 12, 2016
Anything anyone says here is wont help much...go to the schools records officer and confirm ,if its too far like you posited ,check their website and call the necessary helplines....You need to hear from the horse(s) mouth ,not turkeys mouth.
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by Hiroshize(m): 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
I attended a Northern Federal University too, I believe federal universities keep the records of students who don't continue for a period of time, maybe 2 academic sessions, but am not too certain.

Go and see your HOD(he holds the major power), explain it, they can now resolve on the next step, maybe refer you to admin. But surely your records still exist, until after the specified number of academic sessions they school permits.

Go about it fast.

HOD first (very important).. you can skip your exam officer...

1 Like

Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by funkyjms: 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2016
grevotech:

Without deferment? Please, don't give misleading information. Moreover, I doubt if any recognised Nigerian tertiary institution would allow a deferment for as long as five years.

2 Likes

Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by mdokaba1(m): 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2016
Enrichlee:
Ok. Over to u guys, any info about how things are done @ Unimaid. Help a brother!

Am presently at unimaid, its so true that failure to pay a session's fee, is tantamount to voluntary withdrawal.

In fact I presently have a friend who has defared his admission for about three times consecutively, on the grounds of inadequate fund.

Each year he keeps playing the same excuse of having the fees but not having money for other expenses.

Fear of voluntary withdrawal to him is the beginning of sorrow, cos he fought so hard for the admission.
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by grevotech(m): 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
funkyjms:

Without deferment? Please, don't give misleading information. Moreover, I doubt if any recognised Nigerian tertiary institution would allow a deferment for as long as five years.
Is not misleading. I know someone on 2 years. That was just something to convince him that he's still a student.
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by asitis752: 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2016
mdokaba1:

Am presently at unimaid, its so true that failure to pay a session's fee, is tantamount to voluntary withdrawal.

In fact I presently have a friend who has defared his admission for about three times consecutively, on the grounds of inadequate fund.

Each year he keeps playing the same excuse of having the fees but not having money for other expenses.

Fear of voluntary withdrawal to him is the beginning of sorrow, cos he fought so hard for the admission.
dat means all my suffering in unimaid is now in vein. All those night classes without eatin. Studying under that very hot weather. Anyway, God knows better
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by mdokaba1(m): 12:48pm On Aug 07, 2016
dat means all my suffering in unimaid is now in vein. All those night classes without eatin. Studying under that very hot weather. Anyway, God knows better[/quote]

Where are u at the moment? can u add me up on wosap 08140831309. So we can chat on the way out of this malady
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 09, 2018
did you finally get back in?
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by TissuePaper: 9:18am On Nov 09, 2018
Emzyme:
did you finally get back in?
lol after 2 years you're still interested
Re: Please Am I Still A Student Of This University? by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 09, 2018
TissuePaper:
lol after 2 years you're still interested

There's an issue almost related , if nt bigger than that at hand nw
Wanna
Get info abt how this was solved

(1) (Reply)

JAMB 2018 Registration: Steps To Create Profile And Get Epins​ / How To Check 2018 JAMB Result With Registration Number |video Guide / Chinese Boy Inserts Sewing Needle In His Urethra To Stay Awake And Do Home Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.