Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,434 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous (3954 Views)

Using Car Engine For Generator / See How Using Car Air Condition Is Bad For You / Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by IkpuMmadu: 9:28am On Jul 12, 2016
CAR AIR CONDITIONING : DANGEROUS - must read!!!!

No wonder more folks are dying from cancer than ever before. We wonder where this stuff comes from, but here is an example that explains a lot of the cancer-causing incidents.

Many people are in their cars first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, seven days a week. As I read this, it makes me feel guilty and ill.

Please pass this on to as many people as possible. Guess it's not too late to make some changes.

Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. Open the windows after you enter your car and turn ON the AC after a couple of minutes.

Here's why:

According to research, the car dashboard, sofa and air freshener emit Benzene, a cancer-causing toxin (carcinogen) .

Take time to observe the smell of heated plastic in your car. In addition to causing cancer, Benzene poisons your bones, causes anaemia and reduces white blood cells.

Prolonged exposure will cause leukaemia, increasing the risk of cancer. It can also cause miscarriage. Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50 mg per sq ft.

A car parked indoors with windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of benzene. If parked outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level.

People who get into the car keeping windows closed will inevitably inhale, in quick succession, excessive amounts of the toxin.

Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver. What's worse, it is extremely difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.

So friends, please open the windows and door of your car - give time for the interior air to dispel the deadly stuff - before you enter.

Thought: 'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'

3 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by dpete1: 9:59am On Jul 12, 2016
Thanks for this insight op
no wonder most of the rich dudes are the most infected with cancer

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by tomquest: 10:22am On Jul 12, 2016
IkpuMmadu

Thank you for this very important information. Most times we think we are "enjoying" not knowing that we are getting closer to our graves. I see "big men" using packaged juices (chivita, 5Alive, LaCasera, etc) in place of water during meals 3/4 times a day.

Just assemble 10 Nigerians and you'll find out that almost 6 of them have lost their parent(s) before they reached 65.
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
Of all the monikers to choose from you chose IkpuMmadu
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by diportivo: 6:37pm On Jul 12, 2016
Op

Don't ever buy a car with ac u hear?

lest cancer becomes a friend tongue

If u av one,don't ever use it...u hear?

angry

This myth has been busted over and over again

Benzene ko,lead ni

undecided

4 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by donaytexx1(m): 12:35am On Jul 13, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
CAR AIR CONDITIONING : DANGEROUS - must read!!!!

No wonder more folks are dying from cancer than ever before. We wonder where this stuff comes from, but here is an example that explains a lot of the cancer-causing incidents.

Many people are in their cars first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, seven days a week. As I read this, it makes me feel guilty and ill.

Please pass this on to as many people as possible. Guess it's not too late to make some changes.

Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car. Open the windows after you enter your car and turn ON the AC after a couple of minutes.

Here's why:

According to research, the car dashboard, sofa and air freshener emit Benzene, a cancer-causing toxin (carcinogen) .

Take time to observe the smell of heated plastic in your car. In addition to causing cancer, Benzene poisons your bones, causes anaemia and reduces white blood cells.

Prolonged exposure will cause leukaemia, increasing the risk of cancer. It can also cause miscarriage. Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50 mg per sq ft.

A car parked indoors with windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of benzene. If parked outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level.

People who get into the car keeping windows closed will inevitably inhale, in quick succession, excessive amounts of the toxin.

Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver. What's worse, it is extremely difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.

So friends, please open the windows and door of your car - give time for the interior air to dispel the deadly stuff - before you enter.

Thought: 'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'
But what is Benzene doing in a car a/c system? I was expecting at least a CFC complaint, not benzene.

3 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by king406(m): 1:20am On Jul 13, 2016
Abeg....
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by IkpuMmadu: 7:44am On Jul 13, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

What is bad about it ? Can you lecture us
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 13, 2016
GAZZUZZ, you have started again abi grin?

I believe the OP's theory has merit. It is advisable to keep your windows down till your A/C chills before rolling them back up especially after parking under the hot sun. This should give those harmful gases enough time to escape.

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by 123CarZ(m): 12:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
Divine health is my heritage in Christ. Therefore I can not be sick. All u need do is to inhale the word of God sufficiently enough.
tomquest:
IkpuMmadu
Thank you for this very important information. Most times we think we are "enjoying" not knowing that we are getting closer to our graves. I see "big men" using packaged juices (chivita, 5Alive, LaCasera, etc) in place of water during meals 3/4 times a day.
Just assemble 10 Nigerians and you'll find out that almost 6 of them have lost their parent(s) before they reached 65.
Divine health is my heritage in Christ. Therefore I can not be sick. All u need do is to inhale the word of God sufficiently enough.

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
123CarZ:
Divine health is my heritage in Christ. Therefore I can not be sick. All u need do is to inhale the word of God sufficiently enough. Divine health is my heritage in Christ. Therefore I can not be sick. All u need do is to inhale the word of God sufficiently enough.
Seriously? grin

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by 123CarZ(m): 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
0rex:
Seriously? grin
Oh yes. smiley
0rex:
Seriously? grin
Oh yes.
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
123CarZ:

Oh yes. smiley
Oh yes.

That insurance / assurance never covers willful negligence.

3 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by 123CarZ(m): 8:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by 123CarZ(m): 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
0rex:

That insurance / assurance never covers willful negligence.
The word tells me 'that if i eat, drink, or inhale anything poisonous, it wont hurt me'. Luke 16:18. The negligence is in the part of the car manufacturer, not mine.
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by donaytexx1(m): 10:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
123CarZ:

The word tells me 'that if i eat, drink, or inhale anything poisonous, it wont hurt me'. Luke 16:18. The negligence is in the part of the car manufacturer, not mine.

hmmm...
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2016
123CarZ:

Not anymore, now that you have been warned. cheesy
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by DEXTROVERT: 10:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
Lol
Funny op

Tell us
Its
Cancerous
To
Use
A
Car
Instead

TREK
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by 123CarZ(m): 9:16am On Jul 14, 2016
0rex:

Not anymore, now that you have been warned. cheesy

That is warnin is for you, not me. I only believe Gods' report, and adhere strictly to His warnings. Imaging say i go ventilate /open my car windows before i drive, even on a rainy morning.
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 14, 2016
123CarZ:

That is warnin is for you, not me. I only believe Gods' report, and adhere strictly to His warnings. Imaging say i go ventilate /open my car windows before i drive, even on a rainy morning.
Ok.
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by effido666: 12:51am On Jul 17, 2016
donaytexx1:

But what is Benzene doing in a car a/c system? I was expecting at least a CFC complaint, not benzene.
hmmmm he didn't say it's in d a/c system oooo.
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by lonelydora: 5:11am On Jul 17, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Don't mind the Op. I thought I'm the only one who noticed that moniker
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by kingreign(m): 7:19am On Jul 17, 2016
lonelydora:

Don't mind the Op. I thought I'm the only one who noticed that moniker

What's the meaning of his moniker?
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by lonelydora: 7:24am On Jul 17, 2016
kingreign:

What's the meaning of his moniker?

Person toto
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by kingreign(m): 7:39am On Jul 17, 2016
lonelydora:

Person toto

lipsrsealed undecided angry
Pervasiveness has filled the heart of men. Imagine name.

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by donquincy98(m): 1:44am On Jul 18, 2016
Mehn! Must you even use your AC?
There is nothing like natural air when compared with AC,if you have access to natural air grab it wella ni.
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by Stancity(m): 8:47am On Jul 18, 2016
donquincy98:
Mehn! Must you even use your AC?
There is nothing like natural air when compared with AC,if you have access to natural air grab it wella ni.
Am very sure you havent been locked down in a tight hold-up under hot sun before, it will seem as if natural air doesnt exist any longer...

In summary, use your car AC only when necessary....
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by Readonee35L(m): 9:18am On Jul 18, 2016
lonelydora:

Person toto
kingreign:

lipsrsealed undecided angry
Pervasiveness has filled the heart of men. Imagine name.
Choi shocked .
There are worse name in Romance Section.
Irun-obo -- P*ssy Hair

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by donquincy98(m): 10:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
Stancity:

In summary, use your car AC only when necessary....

That's exactly what I meant.
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by erico2k2(m): 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2016
Nairaland wont fail to amaze me, lol OP, just tell us say your car nor get AC grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by Carsells(m): 11:57am On Jul 21, 2016
From which authority or research findings are coming from?
Re: Dangers Of Using Car AC! Cancerous by symbianDON(m): 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2016
op stop misleading people. all you posted is false.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Sell My Infiniti G35 2008 Model Asap / Photo: World's First Car Accident / Is Golf 5 A Good Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.