Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,544 members, 7,958,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:22 PM

Is Love A Need Or Want? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love A Need Or Want? (2785 Views)

Why Do We Really Need Or Have Friends / Can You Love A Married Man? / Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love A Need Or Want? by fashooo: 10:24am On Sep 11, 2009
it's essential in life, to differentiate what we really NEED from what we WANT. Is love a NEED or WANT?
Re: Is Love A Need Or Want? by whitelexi(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2009
Why turn Love into Economics grin cheesy grin
Re: Is Love A Need Or Want? by WackyJ1(m): 11:05am On Sep 11, 2009
I believe love is a need. We need our parents to look after us and advice us. We need our loved ones to care for us, to lift us up, give us confidence and basically we need our loved ones to be there for us to love. grin grin
Re: Is Love A Need Or Want? by CrazyMan(m): 11:22am On Sep 11, 2009
I think love would fall under the category of need not want
Re: Is Love A Need Or Want? by Vuitton(m): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2009
In Sociology and according to Abraham Maslow in his theory "Hierarchy of Needs"

Starting at the bottom and working upwards, the various needs can be understood as follows :

1. Physiological Desire Needs. Biological needs such as oxygen, food, water, warmth/coolness, protection from storms and so forth. These needs are the strongest because if deprived, the person could or would die.
  2. Safety and Stability Needs. Felt by adults during emergencies, periods of disorganisation in the social structure (such as widespread rioting). Felt more frequently by children who often display signs of insecurity and their need to be safe.
  3. Social Desire Needs. (Love, Affection and Belongingness Needs) The needs to escape loneliness and alienation and give (and receive) love, affection and the sense of belonging.
  4. Self Esteem Needs. Needs for a stable, firmly based, high level of self-respect, and respect from others in order to feel satisfied, self confident and valuable. If these needs are not met, the person feels inferior, weak, helpless and worthless.
  5. Self-realisation Needs. Maslow describes self-realisation as an ongoing process. Self-realising people are involved in a cause outside their own skin. They are devoted, work at something, something very precious to them - some calling or vocation, in the old sense, the priestly sense. When you select, out of careful study, very fine and healthy people, strong people, creative people, saintly people, sagacious people, you get a different view of mankind. You ask how tall can people grow, what can a human being become?

Re: Is Love A Need Or Want? by CrazyMan(m): 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2009
@Vuitton.

A link to wherever you got that from would highly be appreciated my dear. smiley

(1) (Reply)

A Cyber Kissing Machine Has Been Invented / My Girlfriend Took my ATM Card Without Permission / Is Being A Male Virgin At The Age Of 18 Cool???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.