Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project (23261 Views)

Babatunde Fashola Inspects The Dualization Of Lokoja-Benin Road (Photos) / Fashola Inspects 450 MW Azura Independent Power Plant In Benin (Photos) / Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Holyfield1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
k
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Akpan107(m): 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
APC is a complete failure... after one year of winning the election, they are still campaigning with the achievement of the previous government. they should go and do there own and not spoil anything there.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by AMOSBID(m): 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
This is the type of news i want to be reading on media, more of this i personally expect. May God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
The Bogots and wailers who rejoice everytime a gas pipeline powering electricity gets blown up won't like this news. The call him names, yet he is working. 2000MW about to be completed .

They are angry cos he deported them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Akg92(m): 2:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
PDP PLEASE DON'T SEND AVENGERS TO DESTROY OH BECOUSE WE KNOW YOU ARE THEIR SPONSOR

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by temptnow: 2:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
Angelb4:
Let the Avengers keep avenging. Others States will develop and leave them behind. Edo needs continuity. No going back to Egypt.
they're already in Egypt, with their governor who imported ashewwo as first lady. That's why we have to kick APC out of SS and SE completely this year. If he like let him eat corn in a church APC will fall.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2016
Akpan107:
APC is a complete failure... after one year of winning the election, they are still campaigning with the achievement of the previous government. they should go and do there own and not spoil anything there.
stop behaving like an illiterate. The news states that the project started in 05/01/2016.

.How did it become a previous administration's project?

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Spells(m): 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nice one.... Good news like this makes me blush..... Make I cheesy small jare

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by babyhrt(m): 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
PearlStreet:

Na budget you wan chop? All the budgets that have been passed over the years, how have they made your life better?

They want to improve electricity so that heat won't kill you and you're complaining.

Idiot
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Atessltd: 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
This is a transmission project. This relieves an already overloaded/weak national grid.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by nephemmy(m): 3:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
welldone..but is as if he doesn't understand the power plant with the way he's looking.
no hard feelings though. can't blame him cos he's not an engineer I only have PMB to blame cos he made him the minister for works, power and housing..Wrong appointment for the right person..This ministerial position should be strictly for maybe civil, mechanical, electrical or any other field of engineering and not Law.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by kraftykc(m): 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
Great news. When's the projected date of completion though?
I emphasize, this is awesome news
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by DLuciano: 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
PUSH1:
Great News..

I believe in this govt.
haters will be put to shame.
I have power now though

keep believing bubu ...until you end up in his agbada and shokoto

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by solaere(m): 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
This man seems up nd doing does that means something to youwell my question is when is nigeria gonna celebr8 24hrs stable electricity supply !!!
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by CriticMaestro: 3:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
evwry contract for naija na oyibo dey handle am...oyibo people are brilliant

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by VIPERVENOM(m): 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
agitator:

lol , APC propaganda machine trying to claim glory for a private power plant grin grin grin

http://www.azurawa.com/index.php/projects/azura-edu-ipp/
the link and wat the op said are the same thing

Financial Close for Phase 1 was reached on 28 December 2015 and construction started on 5 January 2016

wats ur point

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by darecool(m): 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
grin grin
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Reference(m): 3:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
Mixed news. smiley Good they are trying their best to move the power situation forward but gas again......arrrrrgh. angry Dem no dey taya for wahala. What are other regions doing abeg to contribute their natural resources to the salvation of this country. Must it be gas and more gas and associated gas and cooking gas and intestinal gas and....., haba. Nigeria wil never develop this way oh. You are in the middle of a low level insurgency and still insisting on all your eggs in a very oily basket. Partner with China to build and operate solar system industries in the north, more dams in the middle belt, coal in the eastern heartland and wind power along the Camerounian moutain range. What is being done practically about these. Why only lip service to diversification.

Once that contract is done with the government should place a moratorium on the development of new gas plants until concrete moves are made to change the status quo. We should have set targets for diverse power supply sources and work towards those targets. No country I know of desires to carry on this way. Even Gulf countries with abudant petroleum resouces have set a new course.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by drss(m): 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
metroparrot:
Minister of Power,Works and Housing,Babatunde Raji Fashola inspected Azura-Edo 2000MW Project whose construction began 05/01/2016, Phase 1, 450MW near completion.

See photos below

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/07/photos-fashola-inspects-azura-edo.html
do u know how big a 70MW power station is how is it possible to begin n complete 450MW power station in 7 months stop lying.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azura_Thermal_Power_Station

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by talk4free: 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
temptnow:
And they all said GEJ didn't do anything. All these projects Buhari is commissioning did they come from Jupiter?

Kindly google power projects in Nigeria. If you find anyone that was started during jonathans tenure, then you are not the fool I think you are. Irrespective of when a project is started, its the same hard work and taxes of Nigerians that sponsored it, not one Jonathan, Obasanjo or Buhari. It was built from the blood and sweat of Nigerians and not their pockets. Keep talking like a visionless Arrow.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Angelb4: 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
temptnow:
they're already in Egypt, with their governor who imported ashewwo as first lady. That's why we have to kick APC out of SS and SE completely this year. If he like let him eat corn in a church APC will fall.

Which of the camps do you belong? Sheriff or Makarffi? For your information, Makarffi's camp isn't recognized as declared by the court. We don't need people fighting themselves in Edo State. Mind you, stop calling someone's wife ashewwo. I will have to recommend a ban for you on this platform.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Theoflux(m): 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Good News! Meanwhile I expect some to comment otherwise! undecided
Na truely goodnews, moreover, am an Edolite smiley e go betta.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by KINGinVAHALA: 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2016
daniska3yaro:

Wen the neva pass budget sef,how dem take build is power plant less than a year?.
Apc reaping Pdp benefit without shame.

The problem of ignorant ones is that they despises asking questions in a diplomatic way because they feel they know all.

As the title stated AZURA-EDO power plant.
Azura is a private company and partnered with Edo State Govt under comrade Adam Oshiomole to bring to fore what you re seeing right now.
Kindly note that it was Godwin Obaseki, Apc Governorship candidate that used his wealth of experience in the private sector to bring Azura to partner Edo State Government in making this a reality and sooner than later Edo residence will start reaping the benefits of this, same way Godwin obaseki also as chairman of Edo State Economic team also used his experience and knowledge to bring Dangote cement factory, bua cement group, times ceramic, and many others to Edo state. PDP and their fake pastor candidate, Ize-iyamu will never tell you this.

Cheers!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Reference(m): 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2016
kraftykc:
Great news. When's the projected date of completion though?

I emphasize, this is awesome news

Not sure it is awesome. When it comes to power stations that generate from gas have you asked what percentage of installed capacity is actually operational and utilized. From those in the Niger-Delta and as far as Geregu, how many turbines have the gas to spin. And the fact that you have such an abundant potential energy mix should excite and interest those in authority. If you had coal stations in addion to the oil and gas fired ones you will not fear the arrival of the dry season because you can schedule fuel fired stations only to operate during the long dry season and run your hydro turbines flat out during the rainy season without a fear of conservation just as those who have solar power in their permises welcome daylight and utilize it optimally.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by AgentOfAllah: 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2016
hotwax:
Gud news..however we should consider natural sources.

Wind, Solar and aquatic.

All these gas powered stations are at the mercy of haters and bigots. They will blow pipelines.

I guess you mean 'renewable' because gas is also a natural source of energy.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by drss(m): 3:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
talk4free:

Kindly google power projects in Nigeria. If you find anyone that was started during jonathans tenure, then you are not the fool I think you are. Irrespective of when a project is started, its the same hard work and taxes of Nigerians that sponsored it, not one Jonathan, Obasanjo or Buhari. It was built from the blood and sweat of Nigerians and not their pockets. Keep talking like a visionless Arrow.
read dis link slowly: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azura_Thermal_Power_Station

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by rlauncher(m): 3:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
PearlStreet:

Na budget you wan chop? All the budgets that have been passed over the years, how have they made your life better?

They want to improve electricity so that heat won't kill you and you're complaining.

Don't mind him. What he did not know is that as soon as Buhari won the 2015 presidential election, all the electricity companies started working seriously on their installations for fear that Buhari might take the companies away from them. Under Jonathan's regime, they all went to sleep.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by bokohalal(m): 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nelkoko:
all praise should b given to whom it is due to....Former president Ebele Jonathan.
It is actually an Edo state and a private energy company project. No federal government involvement. Praise Oshiomole, instead.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by martineverest(m): 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2016
2000mw? Dats laudable.it ll be d largest in d country
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Kobicove(m): 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
Minister for Darkness claiming glory for project started by GEJ's administration

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by ANBAKO: 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
Let me state for the umpteenth time, there is a lot of fallacy in this publication

1. Pix 1 is NIPP power plant that is up and running and it is situated next to Azura plant. Azura plant is just constructing its foundation

2. Azura plant did not start this year but in June 2013 when Julius Berger mobilized to that site and started soil tests, clearing and survey. They have not looked back or stopped ever since then. People that frequent Benin Bye-pass will always see JB logo just before that trailer park. That is the site

3. Azura plant is an Edo-State IPP project (Oshiomole) and not FG (GEJ)

4. With what I can see in those picture and what I saw there last week, that plant is not near completion. Infact that is just about 25% of construction of a power plant. Foundation is not completed, Gas turbines not erected, structural works not on site, commissioning etc. IMO, that plant will only be ready 3-4 quarter of 2017 so it is not near completion AT ALL!!!

BTW I am a strong APC supporter!
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by bokohalal(m): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Kobicove:
Minister for Darkness claiming glory for project started by GEJ's administration
Edo state project!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness / Governor-Elect, Oyetola Visits Bisi Akande / Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.