Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project (23262 Views)

Babatunde Fashola Inspects The Dualization Of Lokoja-Benin Road (Photos) / Fashola Inspects 450 MW Azura Independent Power Plant In Benin (Photos) / Century Power Begins 2000mw Power Plant Construction In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2016
Gud news..however we should consider natural
sources.
Wind, Solar and aquatic.
All these gas powered stations are at the mercy
of haters and bigots. They will blow pipelines and comeback to blame pMB for the blown pipeline and blame Fashola and accuse him of being responsible for darkness. What an irony.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by obailala(m): 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
temptnow:
they're already in Egypt, with their governor who imported ashewwo as first lady. That's why we have to kick APC out of SS and SE completely this year. If he like let him eat corn in a church APC will fall.
Did you actually have to label his wife an ashawo all because of your political preferences?... Does that really make you feel better?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by ANBAKO: 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
talk4free:

Kindly google power projects in Nigeria. If you find anyone that was started during jonathans tenure, then you are not the fool I think you are. Irrespective of when a project is started, its the same hard work and taxes of Nigerians that sponsored it, not one Jonathan, Obasanjo or Buhari. It was built from the blood and sweat of Nigerians and not their pockets. Keep talking like a visionless Arrow.

This project started during GEJ tenure but by Edo-State Govt. I agree with the latter part of your comment - Nigerians!!!
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by bokohalal(m): 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
obailala:
Did you actually have to label his wife an ashawo all because of your political preferences?... Does that really make you feel better?
Don't worry about it. We know who it is.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by bokohalal(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Gud news..however we should consider natural
sources.
Wind, Solar and aquatic.
All these gas powered stations are at the mercy
of haters and bigots. They will blow pipelines and comeback to blame pMB for the blown pipeline and blame Fashola and accuse him of being responsible for darkness. What an irony.
Edo state has more natural gas than any other state in Nigeria. Fact.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by obailala(m): 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
Kobicove:
Minister for Darkness claiming glory for project started by GEJ's administration
Lol.. all these our "it-is-GEJ-project" children never cease to amaze. How much did GEJ pump into the project during his tenure?.... Kindly name one single power plant which GEJ started and completed?... Meanwhile all the power projects commissioned by GEJ were projects initiated and progressed by OBJ, GEJ comes in, pumps in billions of dollars (to be actually looted largely) and then completes an almost complete project. If you doubt me, kindly name the power projects commissioned by GEJ and I will confidently show you existing pictures of those projects pre-2010. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Earth2Metahuman: 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
Kobicove:
Minister for Darkness claiming glory for project started by GEJ's administration
but APC should claim glory for the darkness we expirience early this year ehn kobicoven

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
Your life actually gets better by making positive changes and just any change undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

adeyemi2015:
Good News!
Meanwhile I expect some to comment otherwise!
undecided
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
TrueSenator:
Your life actually gets better by making positive changes and just any change undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

At least we both agreed it can't get better by Chance?!
undecided undecided
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by obiageIi(f): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
My guy keeps working despite the madness in the delta, someday we will overcome this gas challenges and all will fall in place.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by anyaekekehinde(m): 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
talk4free:

Kindly google power projects in Nigeria. If you find anyone that was started during jonathans tenure, then you are not the fool I think you are. Irrespective of when a project is started, its the same hard work and taxes of Nigerians that sponsored it, not one Jonathan, Obasanjo or Buhari. It was built from the blood and sweat of Nigerians and not their pockets. Keep talking like a visionless Arrow.

its better to keep quiet when you don't know stuff, Azura is purely a private initiative conceived during GEJ'S era,
its not funded with tax payers money, those young guys sourced for funds through various private initiatives.
Azura itself a brainchild that was birthed due to the implementation of several power sector reforms by GEJ.
On 22 April 2014, NBET and Azura signed Nigeria's First-Ever Template PPA for the IPP Industry.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by obiageIi(f): 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
nephemmy:
welldone..but is as if he doesn't understand the power plant with the way he's looking.
no hard feelings though. can't blame him cos he's not an engineer I only have PMB to blame cos he made him the minister for works, power and housing..Wrong appointment for the right person..This ministerial position should be strictly for maybe civil, mechanical, electrical or any other field of engineering and not Law.
Illiterate.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
Yes you're absolutely right...... madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. However, everyone needs to filter off change fraudstars ...... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I assume you know them lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

adeyemi2015:

At least we both agreed it can't get better by Chance?!
undecided undecided
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
TrueSenator:
Yes you're absolutely right...... madness is doing the same thing and expect a different result. However, everyone needs to filter off change fraudstars ...... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I assume you know them lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

We must become the Change we want to see! That's my point!
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Fbicacus: 5:09pm On Jul 12, 2016
nigeria don't pass 8hours light . by now 9ja will be 24 hours light.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by osayuwamwen(m): 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
daniska3yaro:

Wen the neva pass budget sef,how dem take build is power plant less than a year?.
Apc reaping Pdp benefit without shame.
Oga its a private own power plant, wen completed it will b d biggest private owned power plant in Nigeria..
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
nigerians wil pray 4 sumtin n yet in there minds giv God factual reasons y it cannt b possible...we want CHANGE but it so obvious we aint ready...All some pple wana do is cum to nairaland read bad news abt d current administration evryday,run to comment get likes n hopefully wail into hypertension which we d optimistic ones pray kills them hurriedly so d noise pollution can stops.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Ademusiwa1: 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
[size=28pt]Now I have a question , how do you hope this power plant will run.

what is the fluid or is it fossil fuel. it will run by. because I look at the satellite picture and I cant find any source of supply around to run the turbine.

what type of fluid are you using?

and I don't see gas in the area.

What is it running on. ?

you have to have a source of supply. except if you are going solar. and I know coal is finished in the east. so what is your source of supply.

Second thing is fashola should not be allowed on that site.. the way he looks like. nothing personal. just engineering practice not to allow people in.
[/size]
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Koleman(m): 5:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
I hope no be gas?
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by talk4free: 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2016
anyaekekehinde:

its better to keep quiet when you don't know stuff, Azura is purely a private initiative conceived during GEJ'S era,
its not funded with tax payers money, those young guys sourced for funds through various private initiatives.
Azura itself a brainchild that was birthed due to the implementation of several power sector reforms by GEJ.
On 22 April 2014, NBET and Azura signed Nigeria's First-Ever Template PPA for the IPP Industry.

Mumu, I was referring to the attitude of you lot in attaching projects to presidents like the president pays for it with his personal money. "those young guys sourced for funds through various private initiatives" as you stated, is purely their sweat and effort just like everyone of us contributes to every kobo spent by the politicians. When you don't know your left from right, this is what happens to you. You will only copy and paste without thinking.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by safetyInspector(m): 5:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Good News!
Meanwhile I expect some to comment otherwise!
undecided
This is too difficult to believe. 2000mw power plant and face one is near completion in 6 months. Probably the face one will be only sub station because there is no way you can near the completion of a single unit gas turbine in 6 month. Haba!
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by anyaekekehinde(m): 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
talk4free:

Mumu, I was referring to the attitude of you lot in attaching projects to presidents like the president pays for it with his personal money. "those young guys sourced for funds through various private initiatives" as you stated, is purely their sweat and effort just like everyone of us contributes to every kobo spent by the politicians. When you don't know your left from right, this is what happens to you. You will only copy and paste without thinking.

You are not wise at all,
I am ashamed of you, initiallly you asked if there was a power plant that was started during Jonathan's tenure , Olorunsogo phase 2 NIPP and many more that were started during GEJs tenure, but because you are so ignorant you even told the guy to go and check google when you yourself what haven't checked google... See your stupidity amazes me.

Again you mentioned tax payers money in a privately funded power plant, again it shows how daft you are.

Now, after reading what I wrote, you foolishly brought forward a primary school defense by relating sourcing for funds from MIGA and other private equity to the tax you pay to your corrupt politicians..
Again. I am amazed at your stupidity. I just hope its not contained in your gene
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
safetyInspector:

This is too difficult to believe. 2000mw power plant and face one is near completion in 6 months. Probably the face one will be only sub station because there is no way you can near the completion of a single unit gas turbine in 6 month. Haba!
grin
Actually the project began in 2014 and it will be completed in 2018! It's a thermal Power Plant and expected to provide 450mw!
Guess you know many Nairalanders wouldn't care to verify the authenticity of a post before jumping in to comment!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azura_Thermal_Power_Station

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
bokohalal:

Edo state has more natural gas than any other state in Nigeria. Fact.
Really! That's good news. I am quite sure Edo re not dumb enough to let Ijaw militants bomb away progress and development.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Akpan107(m): 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
stop behaving like an illiterate. The news states that the project started in 05/01/2016.

.How did it become a previous administration's project?
I will only believe you when i read it on Punch, Vanguard and Sun News. i know APC very well. thank you.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by OYAY(m): 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nelkoko:
all praise should b given to whom it is due to....Former president Ebele Jonathan.

You see how hypocritical you are? If the distressed economy is adduced to GEJ misgovernment,you people will shout complacency but when something good is in progress we appreciate him abi? That is irrational and absurd! Shikena.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by obailala(m): 6:28pm On Jul 12, 2016
ANBAKO:
Let me state for the umpteenth time, there is a lot of fallacy in this publication

1. Pix 1 is NIPP power plant that is up and running and it is situated next to Azura plant. Azura plant is just constructing its foundation

2. Azura plant did not start this year but in June 2013 when Julius Berger mobilized to that site and started soil tests, clearing and survey. They have not looked back or stopped ever since then. People that frequent Benin Bye-pass will always see JB logo just before that trailer park. That is the site

3. Azura plant is an Edo-State IPP project (Oshiomole) and not FG (GEJ)

4. With what I can see in those picture and what I saw there last week, that plant is not near completion. Infact that is just about 25% of construction of a power plant. Foundation is not completed, Gas turbines not erected, structural works not on site, commissioning etc. IMO, that plant will only be ready 3-4 quarter of 2017 so it is not near completion AT ALL!!!

BTW I am a strong APC supporter!
I think the plant is slated to be completed in 2018. I just get amused when I see the "It is GEJ's project" children jumping around like headless chickens claiming projects as if we were still running elections.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by PearlStreet(m): 7:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
babyhrt:

Idiot

Thanks, God bless you.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
Inspector general of Nigeria. Why you no wear your NYSC boot wey you take go inspect second hand train for Canada

Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by sofat(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
At least this will add to the power grid when completed. Nigeria is moving, Buhari is working. God bless PMB and Nigeria. Haters have a break.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
good news, but if it is a gas powered power plant, then it is not impressive and highly stupid. we should be planning on better natural means. we can start by ensuring all 12 turbines in kainji dam are working to produce max power and wind plants should also be considered.
Re: Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project by Demmzy15(m): 12:48am On Jul 13, 2016
Proffdada:
Inspect and fix please undecided
Your good name is at stake
What kind of bloody signature do you have? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Justin Welby, Archbishop Of Canterbury, In UK (Pictures) / Okada Restriction In Lagos: Sanwoolu Is On The Side Of The Law And Has Done Well / Work Begins On The Collapsed Portion Of Makurdi-lafia-abuja Road (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.