Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) (1171 Views)

Joe Igbokwe Speaks On 'buhari's Medical Leave & The Protests' On Channels -VIDEO / Charles Ogbu Takes Joe Igbokwe To The Cleaners [MUST READ] / Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) by zubbyman: 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ever since President Buhari won the 2015 Presidential elections he was destined to win having labored in 2003, 2007, 2011 and then 2015 a very vast preponderance of South South and South East indigenes have descended on the President, pouring invectives, calling him names, abusing his person and his exalted office, preaching hate, and ethnic divisions. I have followed this dangerous trend over a year now, and it is not abetting. It is growing like wild fire everyday. In recent times the South-South people whose son lost the election have moved on except the criminal avengers who are fighting for their pockets only and destroying their environment. I have seen spirited and genuine efforts being made by the leaders of South-South to bring peace to the Niger Delta, and I heartily commend them for this. It is in their own interest.

But in the South East, our people have refused to move on. In the diaspora, in Nigeria, in schools, in the markets, on the streets, in Churches, in Town Meetings etc Igbo have refused to move on. Every move the President makes to rebuild and reposition the country is abused, castigated and ethnic meaning read into it. The dangerous trend has become so embarrassing that one is compelled to speak out. While leaders of South-South have made interventions to make way for harmony and peaceful co-existence, Igbo leaders have maintained a deafening silence but this silence is no longer golden. Ethnic bigotry and hate speeches our people both at home and abroad dish out everyday endanger our people living in all parts of Nigeria. President Buhari belongs to a section of Nigeria and must not run away with the thinking that his people will be happy and clap for us when we malign and abuse one of their own.

Read more at: http://www.zubbyblog.com/things-igbos-learn-yorubas-joe-igbokwe-speaks-shocking/

Re: Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
grin He spoke nothing but the truth

2 Likes

Re: Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
Joe the smart guy.
Tinubu and ambode hearing this will keep your alert coming. The hustle is real my guy.

3 Likes

Re: Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) by dododawa1: 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
Omo ina LA ro si lna
Re: Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
A hungry poor man will do anything for a plate of food
Re: Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) by adconline(m): 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2016
A president that said in public " honestly that he wouldn't treat 97% and 5% equally" . SE rejected him twice when he picked two ofbreir sons as VPs. I was one of the those who believed that GMB should be given a chance and my opponents said no and in all honesty they were right. The thing about GMB is that most things his opponents said about him, he has proven to be right.
Re: Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) by babyfaceafrica: 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nice
Re: Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) by Scholes007(m): 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
I believe no igbo man has called buhari names in the public, no single reference to where igbo hate buhari (unless you mean non-support = hate), no igbo group has pitched it's self against buhari so I don't understand this man at all. Most Igbo may not support buhari but definitely non will be against him since he remains the president of Nigeria. But you joe Igbokwe just which to pitch your tent and that of your tribe against the fg which clearly what most of the antagones of your people want. You many think you are not involved but the truth remains you will always be told you "ibo should go..." Well your opinion has been read but the danger it pose to our image will likely out live you.

2 Likes

Re: Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) by favouriteYSF(m): 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
all I want is peaceful Nigeria
#letusallembracepeace #oneNigeria
Re: Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) by 7lives: 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
Scholes007:
I believe no igbo man has called buhari names in the public, no single reference to where igbo hate buhari (unless you mean non-support = hate), no igbo group has pitched it's self against buhari so I don't understand this man at all. Most Igbo may not support buhari but definitely non will be against him since he remains the president of Nigeria. But you joe Igbokwe just which to pitch your tent and that of your tribe against the fg which clearly what most of the antagones of your people want. You many think you are not involved but the truth remains you will always be told you "ibo should go..." Well your opinion has been read but the danger it pose to our image will likely out live you.

Eeyaaa.
Re: Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) by Scholes007(m): 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
7lives:

Eeyaaa.
You may not believe me, I have look up from a to z some comments on facebook especially on what the part vp speech, I found out totally he was extremely economical about the truth. You can try if you want. Everything shows that Joe just chose to hunt his own just for the fun of it because people likely don't believe what he believe. Most of the comment hedged on cautioning the speech of the president, his appointments and other abnormalities. Others mostly from people the economic impact heavily deals with. Ekwueme was imprisoned igbos didn't go to war, ojukwu, mbakwe etc same we didn't cry foul. Ojukwu,orji kalu wasn't supported by igbo during their bid no cry at all...
Re: Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) by marshborn(m): 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
Joe igbokwe go and die! I repeat go and die!! Nobody cares about your opinion

1 Like

Re: Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) by ckmayoca: 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
Joe working for his alert. Wife and pikin must chop. Na make the end sha favour u.

1 Like

Re: Things Igbos Should Learn From Yorubas – Joe Igbokwe Speaks (SHOCKING) by BudeYahooCom: 10:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
frankline5:
Joe the smart guy.

Tinubu and ambode hearing this will keep your alert coming.
The hustle is real my guy.

The way the guy dey hussle na die, even yorubas sef go dey laugh him pot belly and red cap.
The fear of Hunger is a good motivator.
Joe forgot to tell us how to attract am Islamic emirate to Igboand.

(1) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Just Did What Aisha Buhari Could Not Do / Ijaw Leaders To Militants Don’t Declare Republic Of N-delta / See The Full List Of Members Of Ogoniland Cleanup Inaugurated By Buhari 2day(pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.