Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House (4503 Views)

Buhari Signs Bill Conferring Immunity On Lawmakers / Saraki Helped Me To Become Speaker — Dogara / Osinbajo Writes To Speaker Dogara, Seeks Approval To Borrow $1.28b And €9m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by Larryjay4u: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
Just live on TVC news now. Speaker Dogara has forced the house of representatives to pass the unpopular immunity bill for second reading.

God save Nigeria from selfish politicians

Source: Live now on TVC news
Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by kcnwaigbo: 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
Shut up!! How did he force it? The Ayes simply had it!! Buhari never see anything yet!! The bill would become law before Sep 28

11 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by StOla: 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
Shut up!! How did he force it? The Ayes simply had it!! Buhari never see anything yet!! The bill would become law before Sep 28

Anything anti-Buhari is pleasing to you?

How does this bill help your situation oh ye common man?

If legislation is passed to make the EFCC less effective, I'm sure you'lld rejoice like you've been given an extra life?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by kcnwaigbo: 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
StOla:

If legislation is passed to make the EFCC less effective, I'm sure you'lld rejoice like you've been given an extra life?

The EFCC is already less effective.It is now a tool for political witchhunt and vendetta

11 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by bobgem001(m): 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
ok
Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by yrret: 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tell this people that Nigerians are suffering

No light
No food
No good access to roads
No good hospitals
No good water hygiene
No jobs

Women crying
Children dying
Fathers wishing

Pass bills on immediate resurrection of Nigerians burden and let go all egocentric relevancy.

Where are the media, presenters and musicians...

We need songs like #Nigeria Jaga jaga by eldress
#for instance and #another story by 2face to be played on regular base if it could mean anything to our leaders.

Musicians! Please sing about political reality,
Presenters, expose political secrecy
Media, circulate the truth and pains of the nation.

If not we'll all die in silence and morn our spirits.

God help us!!
Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by kingsman66(m): 2:38pm On Jul 12, 2016
what is the difference.
Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by iflywithbuhari(f): 2:38pm On Jul 12, 2016
If the bill makes it all the way to the President's desk, then Buhari has every right to veto that Satanic bill from Lucifer. He should then cash in the moral backing cheque of the 15million loafers and dreamers who voted him in, for backing. He can also count on 6.5million patriotic Nigerians from the 5%ers. That bill will never see the light of day.
Saraki and Ekweremadu must Go.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by Ayoemrys(m): 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2016
have mercy oh lord

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
If the bill makes it all the way to the President's desk, then Buhari has every right to veto that Satanic bill from Lucifer. He should then cash in the moral backing cheque of the 15million loafers and dreamers who voted him in, for backing. He can also count on 6.5million patriotic Nigerians from the 5%ers. That bill will never see the light of day.
and the national assemble will override him him with 2/3 majority.
Hope you know very well that saraki has more than 2/3 majority.

10 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by RZArecta(m): 2:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
When speaker Dogara made smooth passage available for the national grazing bill which would ultimately cause crisis in this country when implemented, zombies and efulefus kept quiet, now it's ordinary immunity bill that doesn't affect any of us one way or another that is your problem. Smh

11 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 12, 2016
This is a good news!

Bubu and his intimidation is getting out of hand.

I can't wait to see national assemble start reviewing the implementation of the rubbish budget,that's when we will start seeing the level of criminals we have in the executive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by BudeYahooCom: 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2016
StOla:

How has your support for nepotistic buhari as a muslim yoruba put food on your table?

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by BudeYahooCom: 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
RZArecta:
When speaker Dogara made smooth passage available for the national grazing bill which would ultimately cause crisis in this country when implemented, zombies and efulefus kept quiet, now it's ordinary immunity bill that doesn't affect any of us one way or another that is your problem. Smh

You dey mind the Islamic bufooons!

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
BudeYahooCom:

How has your support for nepotistic buhari as a muslim yoruba put food on your table?
don't mind zombie.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by iflywithbuhari(f): 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
frankline5:
Which 2/3rd majority. That was just a mirage to deceive and set the mousetrap for the big fat Rat. Saraki is done, politically. He and his silly deputy, are about to find out, what happens when you touch the tail of the silent tiger.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by RZArecta(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
BudeYahooCom:

You dey mind the Islamic bufooons!
some people are just too gullible and narrow minded in this country

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by kcnwaigbo: 3:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

Sorry dear,the NASS does not need Buhari to pass the bill into law.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by wirinet(m): 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
Exercise in futility. The National Assembly on its own cannot confer immunity on anybody. Section 308 of the 1999 Constitution cannot be altered by an act, that section of the constitution would need to be changed. To change the constitution will require 2/3 majority of at least 2/3 of all the state assemblies in Nigeria. I do not see that happening.

8 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by 1freshdude: 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
frankline5:

I careless what you support or defend (APC = PDP) but I am interested on how any member of the Legislathieves is going to sign a bill law without the Presidents approval. if you think Sakari or Any member of the Legislathieves will get 2/3 backing of the house against the President then you are naive!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by TyrantInAsoRock: 3:32pm On Jul 12, 2016
StOla:

Shut d eff up
When Buhari was behaving like it's only him that can do anything he pleases u are hailing him with ur Co deluded team of sycophants
Dogara is following Buhari 's footsteps :using their powers how they like

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by StOla: 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2016
BudeYahooCom:

Any patriot is a Yoruba to you, and now must also be a Muslim?

Would the law being sought by the house of reps put food on your own table or stop Buhari from being nepotistic?

My support for Buhari as a Yoruba ensures that no criminal would have the freedom to get away with their crime, even if it was my father.

Everything is not about my own selfish stomach.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by StOla: 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
TyrantInAsoRock:

Shut d eff up
When Buhari was behaving like it's only him that can do anything he pleases u are hailing him with ur Co deluded team of sycophants
Dogara is following Buhari 's footsteps :using their powers how they like

You must be one of those that have been frustrated by Buhari's anti-corruption campaign.

I'm happy you are frustrated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
Good News angry angry angry angry angry angry If you think Immunity isn't good for ordinary Nigerians...then take it away from everyone. You can't hide behind this supposedly bad clause and prevent equal positions from having it shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked If it is good then it has to be for all (Executive, Legislative and the Judiciary) otherwise remove it shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

As the only TrueSenator on Nairaland........ my personal recommendation is to remove this controversial clause entirely...... It creates room for impunity and radicality lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by KINGwax007(m): 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
How does one spite his face and cut off his own head?

Ask the Igbos...

What's so good abt this news that many of them are having orgamsz?

How does this help anybody except the looters?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by sinkhole: 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
kingsman66:
what is the difference.
well, this is the difference, if the immunity law is passed then "polithiefians" will always do everything to remain in political office till they die (we know they already do this, but we can gradually stop it by not allowing the law to pass) then the "leaders of tommorrow" mantra will die permanently!
Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
This is non of my business! I don't give a Bleep if Amaechi Acquire Immunity tomorrow too(yes ACQUIRE)
Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
StOla:

Any patriot is a Yoruba to you, and now must also be a Muslim?

Would the law being sought by the house of reps put food on your own table or stop Buhari from being nepotistic?

My support for Buhari as a Yoruba ensures that no criminal would have the freedom to get away with their crime, even if it was my father.

Everything is not about my own selfish stomach.

Buh these thieves are getting away o... wen will buhari catch them
AishaHaliburton
Burutai....

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by Paperwhite(m): 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
StOla:

Have the EFCC been effective before? You mean the ongoing selective corruption fight charade? Wake up & smell the coffee man.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by DIKEnaWAR: 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
StOla:

The Bill is very bad and anti-progress. Guess what? If Buhari thinks it is a bad call, let him start by removing his own immunity.

You lots that support this government are already dead lobotomies and incapable of logic. Anything about Buhari is followed with passion and sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by ckmayoca: 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2016
This immunity will soon be useless that all of us in Nigeria will have it.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Speaker Dogara Forces Immunity On The House by todayboy: 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
I think we also need immunity from mynd44 ban in Nairaland

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Democratized Of Poverty In Anambra - Soludo. / Governor Fayemi Greets Christians At Easter / The Ekumeku Resistance: How Igbos Defended Their Homeland Against Britain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.