Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Women Aren't Getting The Promotion Because They Don't Want It - Bloomberg - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Aren't Getting The Promotion Because They Don't Want It - Bloomberg (7137 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Abducted Bayelsa Ese: I'm 17 Yrs, I'm Here To Be A Muslim, Don't Want To Go Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Women Aren't Getting The Promotion Because They Don't Want It - Bloomberg by crackhaus: 8:12pm On Jul 17, 2016
Timbuktou:

Well, it also hinders and slows men's careers too, though, it could be a catalyst for career advancement as he'll work harder. Furthermore, the difference between husbands and wives in the work force is needs versus wants. Most men because they need to, most women work because they want to. Yes, there are women who work out of need but only because their husbands cannot afford them a decent lifestyle or that lifestyle they desire.

If a woman works not because of need but desire, it would make sense to take a less-demanding job. It is the height of vanity for a woman to work a job that deprives her quality home time just because she "went to school". Did you go to school to slave at a job brainlessly or to increase your opportunity for better living?

There's a reason why married men are the most dependable employees. Most men work jobs they hate because the alternative is a drop in living standards and even hunger.

That women have to sacrifice their dreams to run their homes is not oppression, or discrimination or man's-worldism. It is common sense and pragmatism. The dreams of billions of men died the day they had families. It cuts both ways. Unless a man is unhappy in his home and marriage, I doubt he would choose having a job that takes him away from home and one that affords him quality time with family.

The difference in how men handle their roles in life and how women handle theirs is acceptance of fate. We have resigned ourselves to our provisioning role. That is what we do. You, women need to accept yours. As my posts on Page1 illustrate, women in Sweden do the barest minimum when the basics are covered. Na so life be. grin
Brother, you should already know the kind of women that usually see every thing as oppression.

We know their problem, don't you? grin

1 Like

Re: Women Aren't Getting The Promotion Because They Don't Want It - Bloomberg by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 18, 2016
crackhaus:

Brother, you should already know the kind of women that usually see every thing as oppression.

We know their problem, don't you? grin

Nna, I just tire for these people. Discontentment is a great problem, that's why women always complain, that's why women tend to say "what have you done for me?" Almost all of them lack the capacity for contentment, they want everything. That's why feminism is a great hit among them. Feminism says "you can have it all", but you be Jesus? By the time they chase it all, they realise it's all a mirage. Even Jesus cannot have it all, that's why some of His creation will still end up in hell. grin Na Jesus be dat o. grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Angry / What Men Feel After Divorce? / Mbaise People And Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.