Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,208 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read (2124 Views)

Avoid These Job Search Mistakes!!! / Understanding Timing In Job Search In Nigeria / 6 Tips To Help You Stay Upbeat In A Job Search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2016
After getting admission into the university, the excitement fades off slowly as one faces the challenges ahead. Some students begin to count down when the phase will be over and they can move to the next.

How do I know? Visit any Nigerian Institution when they are writing the last paper, you will be amazed how it is being celebrated. Don’t get me wrong, celebrations are part of what makes life fun but does this mean that they have arrived?

One thing I have learnt about life is that it is full of endless journeys. The end of a journey is the birth of another forming an infinite loop of events.

After graduation, the euphoria dies down for some time and picks up in NYSC camp. At least for most people. One might get posted to some place far away from home and makes best use of the opportunity. At the end of the month, work or no work, the expectation of Federal allawee (allowance) brings joy to faces.
This loop continues till after NYSC when reality sets in. The allawee stops coming in, no enough cash to meet basic needs and your ‘big uncle’ stops picking your calls. That job he promised you has disappeared like a ghost in a Nigerian movie.

Now it is time to man up, take responsibility, get a job, and start life on you own.

For the lucky ones, with highly connected parents, family members and friends, nothing much to worry. For the not-so-lucky they have to keep pushing and trying. Sadly, some do this without a clear cut reality check of what exactly, the recruiter wants or what he or she wants from life.

Now, days turn to weeks, weeks to months and months to years. Some get a little lucky to get something doing. This something could be underemployment or working under harsh conditions. Still they trudge on, “wetin man go do”, they have to survive.

Who is to be blamed for this cycle?

The government? Or Educational Intuitions or the Nigerian graduate?

Read more ...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 6:09pm On Jul 12, 2016
This article seeks to expose Nigerian graduates and undergraduates to the current job search situation in Nigeria, the hurdles ahead and how to maneuver.

Sit tight, get a writing pad because this will be more like a seasonal movie.

- Ideologies Foundation: a subsidiary of Ideologies Group, saddled with the responsibility of executing the organization's Corporate Social Responsibility.

Copyright @ 2016, Ideologies Integrated Services Limited. This article is an intellectual property, any duplication in part or in whole of this article copied for other purposes, must be duly referenced

Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
Do you require any form of counselling as regard career choice and path?
Would you love to have your CV reviewed?
How about interview tips?

Then Mail >>> ideologiesfoundation@gmail.com
Ideologies Foundation: a subsidiary of Ideologies Group, saddled with the responsibility of executing the organization's Corporate Social Responsibility. Her focus is youth development through career counselling, mentoring and coach.

Do you want to know more about Ideologies Group, then visit >>> http://ideologiesintegratedserviceslimited.com.ng

Get latest updates on jobs, career, business and self development >> http://ideologiesconcept.

https://ideologiesfoundation..com

Follow our blog post >>> Facebook >>> https://web.facebook.com/ideologiesintegratedserviceslimited

https://www.facebook.com/ideologiesblog

Twitter >>> https://twitter.com/ideologiesgroup

Linkedin >>> https://www.linkedin.com/company/ideologies-integrated-services-limited

Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 12:00pm On Jul 20, 2016
Blog reader ask about HSE (Health Safety and Environment) as a career path.

I am Immanuel, saw ur email on nairaland under career 8 (HSE).

First andforemost, I really want to commend you for your kind advices and insight about the field of HSE. Please would love to venture into this field only that I want to know whether is
better to study HSE in postgrduate or enrol for the NEBOSH exam.

I would love you to advice me on the one that is preferable and would also want to get a copy of the nebosh past questions and answers with any other relevant materialthat you think will be of help to me.

Thanks very much for your time as I expectantly await your response.

Ideologies Foundation response:

Hello Immanuel, HSE as a career path, is one of most trending professions anywhere in the world, as their services are needed in every industry.

As regards to your question, in my opinion, having a PG degree would be cool if you have experience in the profession, as experience counts more than the degree certificate in recent times.

Furthermore, most recruiters will also be interested to know if you have professional certifications in this field. Professional certifications is one of the requirements to get a good offer in the industry.

I suggest you go for the certification course, after during which you will meet other captains in the industry, network and get internship positions, even if it is not a paid internship.
As the 6 months – 1 year experience can give you the jump start you need for a successful career.

With regard to the materials, I will forward them to you soonest to you soonest

Thank you

Do you want to know more about Ideologies Group, then visit >>> http://ideologiesintegratedserviceslimited.com.ng

Get latest updates on jobs, career, business and self development >> http://ideologiesconcept.

https://ideologiesfoundation..com

Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 10:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
Digital/Social Media Intern/ Volunteer

Ideologies Integrated Services Limited (IDSL) is an integrated business service consulting company providing wide range of services in business development and strategy, sales and marketing solutions, digital and social media marketing, web and graphic design, general printing, legal advisory services, corporate branding, courier and logistics, cleaning and waste management.
We specialize in deploying cost effective strategies in helping start up’s, SME’s and established firms achieve their ultimate goal.
IDSL was established with a clear focus to make a difference in providing integrated business services solutions in Nigeria, thereby helping entrepreneurs from start up to their everyday business service needs.

Job Title – Digital/Social Media Intern/ Volunteer
Job Ref – IDSL/2016/DSM/Intern
Qualification – SSCE/OND/HND/BSc
Experience – 0 – 1 year
Location – Lagos
Job Field – Communication and ICT

JOB DESCRIPTION

The Social Media Intern will play an active role in the development of Ideologies Group online community.

The intern will maintain Ideologies Group presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our customer base.

The successful candidate will be required to start with immediate effect and will have a one on one session with our Managing Director

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

– Updates Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
– Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with Productive People
– Posts updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content.
– Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts it to our social media accounts in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
– Updates social media accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from Productive People activities and events.
– Complete other social media projects as assigned.
– Manage and administer Ideologies Group blogs
– Create original contents for blogs

REQUIRED SKILLS

– Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy
– Excellent verbal communications skills
– An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management
– Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
– An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work
– Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn
– A proactive, service-focused attitude towards clients and candidates and the teams you support internally.

BENEFITS

– Free internet access.

– Free study materials on digital/social media, web design, graphic design and business development

– In-house training on digital/social media, web design, graphic design and business development

– Free registration to attend seminars and courses.

– Certificate of Recommendation

– Offer letter upon good performance.

MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants for this position should own a Laptop and/or mobile devices.

Qualifies applicants will be contacted immediately

Interested applicants should submit their applications on the company’s career page with job ref as subject of the mail.

Apply here

Kindly follow us on >>> http://ideologiesintegratedserviceslimited.com.ng

Facebook >>> https://web.facebook.com/ideologiesintegratedserviceslimited

Linkedin >>> https://www.linkedin.com/company/ideologies-integrated-services-limited
Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2016
ideology:

Ideologies Integrated Services Limited (IDSL) is an integrated business service consulting company providing wide range of services in business development and strategy, sales and marketing solutions, digital and social media marketing, web and graphic design, general printing, legal advisory services, corporate branding, courier and logistics, cleaning and waste management.
We specialize in deploying cost effective strategies in helping start up’s, SME’s and established firms achieve their ultimate goal.
IDSL was established with a clear focus to make a difference in providing integrated business services solutions in Nigeria, thereby helping entrepreneurs from start up to their everyday business service needs.

Experience – 0 – 1 year
Location – Lagos

JOB DESCRIPTION

The Social Media Intern will play an active role in the development of Ideologies Group online community.

The intern will maintain Ideologies Group presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our customer base.

The successful candidate will be required to start with immediate effect and will have a one on one session with our Managing Director

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

– Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with Productive People
– Posts updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content.
– Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts it to our social media accounts in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
– Updates social media accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from Productive People activities and events.

REQUIRED SKILLS

– Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy
– An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management
– Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
– An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work
– A proactive, service-focused attitude towards clients and candidates and the teams you support internally.

BENEFITS

– Free internet access.

– Free study materials on digital/social media, web design, graphic design and business development

– In-house training on digital/social media, web design, graphic design and business development

MODE OF APPLICATION

Interested applicants should submit their applications on the company’s career page with job ref as subject of the mail.

Apply here

This position is still open and will be closed on 19th August 2016
Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by Eddodoh(m): 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
ideology:
This position is still open and will be closed on 19th August 2016
I sent you a mail.

1 Like

Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2016
Eddodoh:

I sent you a mail.
Your mail must have been attended to kind, check you inbox
Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2016
ideology:
After getting admission into the university, the excitement fades off slowly as one faces the challenges ahead. Some students begin to count down when the phase will be over and they can move to the next.

How do I know? Visit any Nigerian Institution when they are writing the last paper, you will be amazed how it is being celebrated. Don’t get me wrong, celebrations are part of what makes life fun but does this mean that they have arrived?

One thing I have learnt about life is that it is full of endless journeys. The end of a journey is the birth of another forming an infinite loop of events.

After graduation, the euphoria dies down for some time and picks up in NYSC camp. At least for most people. One might get posted to some place far away from home and makes best use of the opportunity. At the end of the month, work or no work, the expectation of Federal allawee (allowance) brings joy to faces.
This loop continues till after NYSC when reality sets in. The allawee stops coming in, no enough cash to meet basic needs and your ‘big uncle’ stops picking your calls. That job he promised you has disappeared like a ghost in a Nigerian movie.

Now it is time to man up, take responsibility, get a job, and start life on you own.

For the lucky ones, with highly connected parents, family members and friends, nothing much to worry. For the not-so-lucky they have to keep pushing and trying. Sadly, some do this without a clear cut reality check of what exactly, the recruiter wants or what he or she wants from life.

Now, days turn to weeks, weeks to months and months to years. Some get a little lucky to get something doing. This something could be underemployment or working under harsh conditions. Still they trudge on, “wetin man go do”, they have to survive.

Who is to be blamed for this cycle?

The government? Or Educational Intuitions or the Nigerian graduate?

Read more ...

Have you heard recruiters say Nigerian graduates are not employable?

Is this statement really true? And to what extent?

Like my last question in the first chapter, who gets the blame for this cycle?

Educational Institutions or the Nigerian graduate? Or even the government?

From observation, a good number of Nigerian graduates are smart, purpose driven and have the basic skills to succeed in their chosen career. Yet, there are graduates who still don’t know how to go about their career, despite the volume of information available in this internet age.

In the first chapter, I wrote about reality checks, namely:

What the recruiter wants
What a graduate wants
Recruiting is big business; it is expensive, time and energy consuming. Recruiters on their part, have to ensure they get the best brains for their organisation. Failure to do this might put their jobs at stake.

Here is a summary of what a recruiter looks for when assessing a potential staff:

Skill set and experience on the role
Career goals (How you will fit into their organisation)
Your value to the organisation (What you have to offer)
Your attitude to work and other basic work ethics
Your passion for the role
Understand that the above-listed points are for experienced positions. let’s see what a recruiter looks at for entry level/ graduate trainee:

Aptitude
Age (23 -27 years)
Education
Soft skills
Use of English (If English is the organisation’s official language)
Now, which category do you fall in?

Entry level
graduate with more than 2 years’ relevant experience
or a graduate with more than 2 years general experience?
Understanding these differences will give you a better strategy on how to job search. But before we continue to explain the above in details lets address the following;

What do you as a graduate want?
What is the difference between career, profession and job?

Read more ...

Keep following...

What do you want?

This sounds a bit simple in lay man terms, but many won’t still answer this question even in 60 seconds, because they have not thought of exactly what they want. This is more of self-evaluation.

Before I continue lets go personal. In the last 2 weeks I have had 10 invitations for interviews, yes 10! Well you may ask why apply for jobs when you have an organization you are already running and also working?

Here is why…

From time to time, I push my CV into the marketplace and see how well my resume will perform, learn more from the recruiters during the interview process, of course you know practice makes perfect and some other personal reasons which you will get to know later.

Well said, I didn’t honor all the invitations as I got so busy during the same period. Some were cancelled others rescheduled. Sincerely, this is the highest number of interview invitation that I have received in 14 days.

What could be the reason?

That is why am writing this piece, to share with you some thoughts with regards job hunting and recruitment process in Nigeria.

So relax and follow this thread religiously so as not to miss any edition.

Here are a few things I learnt during the last set of interviews.

Most importantly for the first time in my life, I went for interviews without preparation, yeah! Maybe because have been very busy or just because I already have knowledge of every possible question.

Let’s roll,

You are a marketer, sell yourself – Even with your rich CV, if you say too little about yourself and what you can do, you may not scale through. Organizations employ because they have issues and need solutions, hence recruiters want to be convince that you can do the job. This you do by confidently being as detailed as possible except the ask you to stop talking please say as much as you can recall about yourself and what you can do. Don’t assume that they should have seen or read everything on your resume.
Recruiters don’t always know exactly what and how you will do the job – Not all recruiters know exactly what your role is all about. Some might see it as an easy task, while others will only be interested in the results/ value that you will add to the organization. I recall explaining strategies and plans on how to solve an organizations problem, twice I was told to talk as a lay man, because they don’t understand what I was saying. So come up to their level.
Never accept low pay – Some recruiters might see your job description as an easy task, hence offer you a lower salary and allowance, my advice is simple, evaluate yourself and financial needs and make sure you don’t accept low pay, and end up dissatisfied at work or miss a higher offer later. You will regret accepting the offer, avoid regrets.
Recruiters use interview sessions to learn – Out of all the interviews I attended, I met top management team members in 2 of them. Interestingly, during the interview, I was asked technical questions, but the MD was busy jotting down my answers, it was very obvious that he also wanted to learn as well. So make sure you know your job, read every day if possible for latest updates in your industry, it could be just what you will need to scale your next interview.

Let’s close this chapter this way; I was also opportune to interview 5 candidates for the position of Server administrator last week, all of them had one thing in common, “loaded resume” hence increased my expectations from them but none of them could answer basic questions.

My advice don’t load your CV with what you don’t really have full knowledge of or experience. You will only make a mess of yourself when asked simple questions. Well none of them was hired.
kindly drop your comments/ questions. It could novitiate me to post often wink wink wink Many thanks and have a fruitful week

Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by Eddodoh(m): 7:26am On Aug 20, 2016
ideology:
Your mail must have been attended to kind, check you inbox
You haven't. It was sent on the 11th of August with the subject; Career Advice.

1 Like

Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 8:18am On Aug 20, 2016
Eddodoh:

i will check again, but Kindly check your spam, because I can remember i replied a mail. Did you send me pm?
Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 7:11am On Aug 23, 2016
Hello Dear, my apologies, i have been checking the wrong mail, your email was sent too the foundation account, i will reeply right away. Thank you for your patience
Eddodoh:

And to many others still waiting for my response, I will be replying 5 mails each day, hopefully I should be able to catch up, else I will increase the number , Thanks your understanding. - Ideologies Foundation
Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 7:32am On Aug 23, 2016
Mail replied
Eddodoh:

Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by Eddodoh(m): 7:51am On Aug 23, 2016
ideology:
Mail replied

Thanks.
Sent you some documents for review.

1 Like

Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 1:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
alright, please gimme till closing hours of the day to respond, many thanks smiley
Eddodoh:

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 10:30am On Sep 07, 2016
mail replied, no vex oooo

cool cool cool
Eddodoh:

Thanks.

Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 10:56am On Sep 07, 2016
According to this online Cambridge dictionary talent is “a natural ability to be good at something, especially without being taught”. Many believe it comes naturally while others see it as a skill developed through capacity building. The fact is, even if one is naturally good at something, the role of training cannot be ignored.

For example, you can’t know if you’re a talented piano player when you don’t play any in the first place. Even the best footballers get rusty without training. In schools, we see students who are exceptionally good at numerate subjects. And they always seem to be like having two heads compared to everybody else. For others, the struggle may have been different. They may not have started well but they turned out to maths gurus later.

So what happened in between for these ones?

They simply made up their minds to excel and develop themselves. Hence, talent can be improved on.

Here are a few tips on how to build and develop your talent:

1. Recognise your talent
– Take time to discover your talent. Find an activity you really like, don’t under- or over-estimate your talent. What have you done successfully in the past? What can you keep doing without any monetary reward? What do you enjoy doing most? With this process, you can identify where your talent lies.

2. Set goals and Challenge yourself. – Building and developing your talents will require setting realistic goals and targets. A university study has shown that people who write down their goals are more likely to succeed. Don’t say “I want to start my football training sessions”, but say “I am going to start my training session in May at Ajegunle stadium”. That is more specific and has a timeline. Also, set a goal above what you can achieve as it will motivate you to go the extra mile – challenge yourself.

3. Learn, Practice connect with like-minds– It’s necessary to take courses to develop your talents. Look for a course that fits your learning style. During the sessions, network with like-minds as they could be a source of motivation. There are people around who can teach you in exchange of another skill, or just to share their knowledge. Identify such people and learn from them. Like the Holy Book says Iron sharpens iron, so one talented person can sharpen another. Partners who have the same goals can help you overcome obstacles, motivate and inspire you.

4. Always believe in yourself – Feel confident about yourself and your skills. It will build a positive energy that you will need to overcome challenges. Even if you may fail a few times, keep trying again. Each trial gives you confidence that you will get it right soon, don’t give up.

Read, Follow, share with your friends !

http://ideologiesintegratedserviceslimited.com.ng/2016/09/05/building-developing-talent/

Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
What do you want?

This sounds a bit simple in lay man terms, but many won’t still answer this question even in 60 seconds, because they have not thought of exactly what they want. This is more of self-evaluation.

Before I continue lets go personal. In the last 2 weeks I have had 10 invitations for interviews, yes 10! Well you may ask why apply for jobs when you have an organization you are already running and also working?

Here is why…

From time to time, I push my CV into the marketplace and see how well my resume will perform, learn more from the recruiters during the interview process, of course you know practice makes perfect and some other personal reasons which you will get to know later.

Well said, I didn’t honor all the invitations as I got so busy during the same period. Some were cancelled others rescheduled. Sincerely, this is the highest number of interview invitation that I have received in 14 days.

That is why am writing this piece, to share with you some thoughts with regards job hunting and recruitment process in Nigeria.

Most importantly for the first time in my life, I went for interviews without preparation, yeah! Maybe because have been very busy or just because I already have knowledge of every possible question.

Let’s roll,

1 You are a marketer, sell yourself – Even with your rich CV, if you say too little about yourself and what you can do, you may not scale through. Organizations employ because they have issues and need solutions, hence recruiters want to be convince that you can do the job. This you do by confidently being as detailed as possible except the ask you to stop talking please say as much as you can recall about yourself and what you can do. Don’t assume that they should have seen or read everything on your resume.

2 Recruiters don’t always know exactly what and how you will do the job – Not all recruiters know exactly what your role is all about. Some might see it as an easy task, while others will only be interested in the results/ value that you will add to the organization. I recall explaining strategies and plans on how to solve an organizations problem, twice I was told to talk as a lay man, because they don’t understand what I was saying. So come up to their level.

3 Never accept low pay – Some recruiters might see your job description as an easy task, hence offer you a lower salary and allowance, my advice is simple, evaluate yourself and financial needs and make sure you don’t accept low pay, and end up dissatisfied at work or miss a higher offer later. You will regret accepting the offer, avoid regrets.

4 Recruiters use interview sessions to learn – Out of all the interviews I attended, I met top management team members in 2 of them. Interestingly, during the interview, I was asked technical questions, but the MD was busy jotting down my answers, it was very obvious that he also wanted to learn as well. So make sure you know your job, read every day if possible for latest updates in your industry, it could be just what you will need to scale your next interview.

Let’s close this chapter this way; I was also opportune to interview 5 candidates for the position of Server administrator last week, all of them had one thing in common, “loaded resume” hence increased my expectations from them but none of them could answer basic questions.

My advice don’t load your CV with what you don’t really have full knowledge of or experience. You will only make a mess of yourself when asked simple questions. Well none of them was hired.

Culled from http://ideologiesintegratedserviceslimited.com.ng/2016/09/19/job-search-in-nigeria-my-interview-experience/
Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
ideology:
What do you want?

Here is why…

Let’s roll,

1 You are a marketer, sell yourself – Even with your rich CV, if you say too little about yourself and what you can do, you may not scale through. Organizations employ because they have issues and need solutions, hence recruiters want to be convince that you can do the job. This you do by confidently being as detailed as possible except the ask you to stop talking please say as much as you can recall about yourself and what you can do. Don’t assume that they should have seen or read everything on your resume.

2 Recruiters don’t always know exactly what and how you will do the job – Not all recruiters know exactly what your role is all about. Some might see it as an easy task, while others will only be interested in the results/ value that you will add to the organization. I recall explaining strategies and plans on how to solve an organizations problem, twice I was told to talk as a lay man, because they don’t understand what I was saying. So come up to their level.

3 Never accept low pay – Some recruiters might see your job description as an easy task, hence offer you a lower salary and allowance, my advice is simple, evaluate yourself and financial needs and make sure you don’t accept low pay, and end up dissatisfied at work or miss a higher offer later. You will regret accepting the offer, avoid regrets.

4 Recruiters use interview sessions to learn – Out of all the interviews I attended, I met top management team members in 2 of them. Interestingly, during the interview, I was asked technical questions, but the MD was busy jotting down my answers, it was very obvious that he also wanted to learn as well. So make sure you know your job, read every day if possible for latest updates in your industry, it could be just what you will need to scale your next interview.

Culled from http://ideologiesintegratedserviceslimited.com.ng/2016/09/19/job-search-in-nigeria-my-interview-experience/

Drop your comments and observations ... It could motivate updates, I would also love it to be interactive, thank you.

Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 8:34am On Sep 28, 2016
hi guys, hope y'all are cool, been very busy lately, will endeavour to update this weekend, stay tuned

The flow of this write up may change as i will have to update my experiences too but I will try and pass the main points that you need as soon as possible.

oweniwe, kindly drop a message on whatsapp, lets talk. Cheers!
Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
ideology:

Experience – 0 – 1 year
Location – Lagos

JOB DESCRIPTION

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

REQUIRED SKILLS

BENEFITS

– Free internet access.

MODE OF APPLICATION

Apply here

This position is available again apply to this email
idorenyin dot idiong at hotmail dot com so that i can respond directly
3 -5 slot available
Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
What is Your Personal Development Plans for 2017?

Many at times, people just match into every new year wishfully, hoping things will just get better. Some could say, “whatsoever will be will be”, which is a very dangerous statement. So many go into the new without a definite Personal Development Plans.

Just like the quote by Benjamin Franklin: “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!”

For the one that says, “Whatever Will Be, Will Be’ (Que Sera, Sera), is opening doors for just anything to happen, both good and bad. Remember the power of words and thoughts.

Like the Holy books says in Proverbs 23:7 (KJV) – For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
Your Personal Development Plans must be a detailed, well-Structured, articulated and written Plan that will demand your loyalty and commitment.
Proverbs 22:29 says, “Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.”

Your Personal Development Plans Guide must include the following:
1. Building Spiritual Capacity (Moving from Just Relationship to Quality Fellowship with Your God) -with an understanding that life is spiritual, no matter your spiritual inclination, get fortified spiritually.
2. Inspirational And Motivational Books to Read in 2017 (weekly, monthly or quarterly)
3. Professional And Career Development Seminars, Conferences or Workshops to attend. (either Paid or Free)
4. Mentors and Coaches you must connect with in 2017, that will add great value to your life and work.
5. Relevant/Additional Skills to Develop or Sharpen to enhance your ability to SERVE people and EARN more.
6. Events, Places, Cities And Nations to Visit for personal relaxation, recreation and education, for all work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy.
7. Networks or Associations to join, that will serve as leverages for opportunities and connections (online or offline)
8. What Products or/and Services will you be creating in 2017 to multiply IMPACT and increase INCOME. Success comes from rendering service.
9. Negative Relationships or Friendships to cut off (that drains personal energy and waste your time)
10. Wise and Intelligent Investments to undertake in 2017 not MMM.
11. Negative Habits, Attitudes and Behaviours to confront and conquer.
12. Most at times, one of the ways of conquering negative habits is by replacing it with a Positive Habits. Cultivate positive attitudes and Behaviours in 2017.

Read more
Let Your Plans Begin Now!!!

Re: Job Search Is A Job In Itself In Nigeria: A Must Read by ideology(m): 11:05am On Feb 01, 2017
Hi guys is been awhile ...
Hopefully I will be active here soon ...

Meanwhile You would love to read this piece

10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer

The road to career fulfillment as a graduate is different for many. We may have big dreams, but things may not pan out the way we want them. For those who find themselves on the receiving end of reality, no hope is lost.
Waiting for the job we desire does not mean we have to wait idly… There are always things we can do to maximize the time we have on our hands.

In the light of this, I have decided to share ten things you can do while waiting for that dream job.
Teaching
Much respect to the teaching profession, but this is one job that is readily available anywhere. There are many schools around Nigeria just starting out and looking for teachers.

Most times the pay is low for these schools. Take a stroll around your area and apply for teaching roles. Of course, teaching is a lucrative profession when you’ve got some experience and can deliver the goods. If you have good level of experience you can apply to standard ones such as Corona Schools, Chrisland Schools, Turkish School
Home lessons/Tutorials
Are you good with children? Do you enjoy impacting knowledge then home lessons are perfect for you? I know someone who makes over N100, 000 monthly from home lessons. However, trust me when I say he is good at what he does. It has its own set of peculiar challenges but can be a lucrative side job. If you can’t get kids from rich homes, try applying on Tuteria.com prepclass.com.ng

You can teach online too on Homeworks.ng and NigeriaTrainingCourses.com

Freelancing
There’s a lot of money on the internet. Freelancing is one way to tap into this gold stream. So if you’re good at writing (I mean excellent), then you may end up taking freelancing as a career itself.

Why? Because it pays and pays well. Same applies to graphic designers, web developers, programmers. Your skill is a money-spinner if you’re a genius at it.

Register on Freelancer, Fiverr, Elance, upwork, Belance, Nairalance, Pushnaira, Freeciti, Contentmart, vrtsk, even on Nairaland and earn some money from home

Learn a skill
The world today is more about what you can do with what you know. Many people know things; few people can actually do them. Instead of doing nothing, learn a new skill. Baking, sewing, writing, welding, graphics/web design, etc. Just learn something new related to your career path.

Blogging
If you’re into social media, then you can start a blog. Choose a niche and generate useful content for it. Blog for fun, write short stories, open an online diary. You never know, that blog could be a plus on your CV the day you apply for a Content Strategist or Digital Marketing role at a firm. Click here and own a blog today for just 350/month

Take an online course
Similar to learning a skill. Take online courses when you can. It is your duty to educate and re-educate yourself. There are free courses online some of which come with valid certificates. IFP MOOC is one of them.

Also, check out Educations Macaranta Udemy, Lynda, Coursera, Alison Shaw Academy Sijison Training, Sijison Educational, Nigeria Training Courses, Nigeria Training Network and CodeAcademy for more.

Join the family business
Often times, some of us have a ‘family business.’ This can be a provision store, a restaurant or a construction firm. You can join in this business to learn a thing or two. Valuable life and career lessons can come from there too. Don’t forget we have business families on online forums like Quora and Nairaland, join one today.

Study past questions
For a recent NYSC leaver, it’s not out of place to finish every past job question you come across. Practice them until you can solve them in your sleep. Being good at these tests increases your chance of getting to the next stage and getting the job.

You can practice online too, on Learning Indicator Indiabix, SHL SHL direct

Be active in church
Of course am smart, but my secret of success has always been God. Be active in God’s Courts. Not just in church but also in any group you find yourself (like a book club). This does not mean it you stop doing so when you get what you want. It’s more about being useful wherever you find yourself. Better to spend that extra time being a blessing than spectating.

Volunteer
People often ask where they can see volunteer opportunities. I say they have to search harder. For example, the sickle cell foundation has a volunteer program open to the public. While writing this post, I also saw that of Foodbank. There are other causes around if you look well enough.

In conclusion, avoid being idle while waiting for the next job invitation. You to make good use of the time available while keeping one eye on your goal. In the famous words of Dick Dastardly,” Don’t just stand there, Do something.”

Culled from http://www.ideologieshub.com.ng/10-things-a-graduate-should-do-while-waiting-for-a-good-job-offer/

Am sure you enjoyed this post, like, comment and share with friends, thank you.

Wanna be inspired, motivated, visit ideologieshub.com.ng daily

#HappyNewMonth

I Love you all

(1) (Reply)

SAII Associates Limited/gte Latest Recruitment (5 Positions) / Npower Shortlisted Candidates In Various States Is Out 2017/2018 List – Check He / How Not To Send Your CV Via Email.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.