Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids (2658 Views)

Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? / Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids / Career Women Battle Housemaids’ Sexcapades, Randy Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by bukatyne(f): 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
cococandy:

Do you see what I was talking about in that your thread. We can pretend all we like. And kick agains the truth because we don't like who's saying it.

But the truth is Majority of women don't want the top positions because acidosis and his likes (I.e millions of other men and even women) kick against the idea of a woman having a career just because.

Lols....

I didn't even want to go to the marriage part because I assume that every serious minded woman would chose her mate well esp. when she wants to build something for herself outside the family.

Anyone married to the likes of acidosis who thinks women are working to compete with men is done for cheesy

2 Likes

Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by olagift(f): 9:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
eyinjuege:

Thank God we have a man that is real here. More blessings for acknowledging and appreciating what your wife is doing in the family.

Majority of the women I know, career women all supplement their husband's income. In fact, some are the sole providers in their homes. That's why I wonder where the NL men see lazy Nigerian women they keep hammering about.

We should learn to appreciate the income women bring into their homes.
Most times, the men receive the praises of what women bring home because a wise Nigerian woman will not let outsiders know she bought the new jeep her husband is cruising around town with, or she paid the house rent or she paid school fees.
Thank you so much for this reply. God bless you real good. You have spoken the truth and fact.
Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
Leaving children in the care of 'child/ren is wrong, in fact it is not only wrong, it is irresponsible. It takes two adults to parent a child, it is only on NL that parenting is seen as a sole responsibility of a woman undecided

2 Likes

Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by Acidosis(m): 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
Orikinla:
The CEO of a financial company in Nigeria said he married his wife to be a housewife and not career woman.

I condemn such statements. A woman should be allowed to follow her passion.

1 Like

Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by Acidosis(m): 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
cococandy:
Oh please stop already. You're sounding more and more ridiculous.

Women should only work when it makes economic sense? So if she wants a career, she shouldn't have one because the husband makes enough money? How about her sense of fulfillment?
Yes, what's wrong with wanting to just keep busy?

Where's her dream and aspirations in all of these?

Oh wait. I forgot she's not meant to have one.

That's how you and your likes promote lack of ambition in women and then turn around to claim women are naturally unambitious.

Just shut up pls.

Not just a woman, any responsible person whose aim is to take care of his/her family will work only when it makes economic sense.

If the husband makes enough money, she can strive towards her career and add more to what the husband makes. She shouldn't pursue a "career" because she wants to escape motherhood obligations. She should not deplete her husband's fuel, car or money to stand 'posh,' only to return home with meagre pay cheques at the end of every months.

If you want to run a charity or NGO, fine! But don't run down husband's income whilst satisfying another boss elsewhere.

I won't forget so soon a thread on Nairaland where a man laid complaints about his wife. This woman had all she needed at her disposal in Lagos (money, etc.), yet she prefers to fly Dana on a weekly basis to the east to pursue a so called career that can't cover the airline ticket.

An ambitious woman should understand basic economic principles. I'm doing what I love best, and I will encourage other women to drive towards achieving their aspiration.

Your allegation towards me is ridiculous. I've never promoted laziness among women. I have a working mother who I have guided in the past on reasons to quit a particular business that drains her energy, time and leaves her with bulks of debtors. I didn't guide her to quit and sit at home. Everyone knows I preach radical entrepreneurship, and I have a full support for Intrapreneurship (career) and innovation. What I condemn is the gross aspect of the term "career woman".
Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by Acidosis(m): 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
bukatyne:

Lols....

I didn't even want to go to the marriage part because I assume that every serious minded woman would chose her mate well esp. when she wants to build something for herself outside the family.

Anyone married to the likes of acidosis who thinks women are working to compete with men is done for cheesy
grin grin

Smh
Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by Adaeze003(f): 12:22am On Jul 16, 2016
I'm still stuck on why first response to this thread should be "they call themselves career women".

A man will get married, have children and then leave his wife to take care of everything that concerns his children but it's women that are running away from motherhood.

Nigerian men and shifting blames.

4 Likes

Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by Joy1706(f): 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
Acidosis:
We call them Career women. They need to go out there to compete with men, and pick up leadership roles.
He's talking about PARENTS, you're here talking about career women. If you want to marry, please make sure you marry a woman who has never been to school, then you wouldn't have anything to worry about. Cave man

1 Like

Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by Acidosis(m): 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
Joy1706:

He's talking about PARENTS, you're here talking about career women. If you want to marry, please make sure you marry a woman who has never been to school, then you wouldn't have anything to worry about. Cave man

Lol

It is women like you who, upon attaining greater heights in their career, run after small small sugar boys as you really can't survive without the RULERSHIP of a small boy (or a man if you're lucky). cheesy

Its been long I exchange words with anyone on Nairaland. The 'Acid' in Acidosis isn't for fun wink wink wink
Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by cococandy(f): 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2016
Acidosis:

I condemn such statements. A woman should be allowed to follow her passions.
Really?
One moment they are only allowed to work when it makes economic sense not just because they want to work (I.e passion for work)

The next moment they should be allowed to follow their passions. Confused Much?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by Acidosis(m): 11:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
cococandy:

Really?
One moment they are only allowed to work when it makes economic sense not just because they want to work (I.e passion for work)

The next moment they should allowed to follow their passions. Confused Much?

Well, you're free to pick any aspect of my writeup and draw your own interpretations.

I don't know how you define passion, but again, you're free to draw your own interpretation.

Have you ever seen a true career woman with passion for spending only (not earning equivalent of her expenses & making economic sense)?

I've come to realize many Nigerians, especially some of you folks here hate to hear the truth. The sad thing is that I won't stop speaking the truth always. I'm a realist, I will continue to speak it just as it is whether it hurts any gender or not.

I don't need to repeat all I've said but it all remains anyway, whether people like you accept or not (I don't care).

2 Likes

Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by cococandy(f): 12:42am On Jul 17, 2016
How does this address the fact that you're contradicting yourself?
Acidosis:

Well, you're free to pick any aspect of my writeup and draw your own interpretations.

I don't know how you define passion, but again, you're free to draw your own interpretation.

Have you ever seen a true career woman with passion for spending only (not earning equivalent of her expenses & making economic sense)?

I've come to realize many Nigerians, especially some of you folks here hate to hear the truth. The sad thing is that I won't stop speaking the truth always. I'm a realist, I will continue to speak it just as it is whether it hurts any gender or not.

I don't need to repeat all I've said but it all remains anyway, whether people like you accept or not (I don't care).

3 Likes

Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by quivah(f): 1:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
Acidosis grin grin so now a woman can follow her passion career wise
unbelievable!
Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by Joy1706(f): 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
Acidosis:

Lol

It is women like you who, upon attaining greater heights in their career, run after small small sugar boys as you really can't survive without the RULERSHIP of a small boy (or a man if you're lucky). cheesy

Its been long I exchange words with anyone on Nairaland. The 'Acid' in Acidosis isn't for fun wink wink wink
Really? Boy, really? That's the best you could come up with? Acid my azzz

2 Likes

Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by Acidosis(m): 9:02am On Jul 18, 2016
quivah:
Acidosis grin grin so now a woman can follow her passion career wise

unbelievable!

Lol., I don't know how possible it is for a grown up family woman to pursue an economically senseless career.

What is a career if it makes no economic sense? with what would you feed the children with?

What difference does it make to have hitherto advocated the pursuit of economically sensible enterprises?

Don't be misled o, I will marry a woman with a career, but I will not marry an economically-empty woman whose goal is to be seen and adored with the title "career woman".

As a matter of fact, I would rather have my wife sit at home watching telemundo than have her running after a job that leaves her in debt. It is better to be dependent on your husband by doing nothing, than doing something (busy body) and still be dependent on him. These kind of women are the actual disaster I earlier referred to.

If your job (career) does not bring something tangible to the Table, SIT AT HOME.

Nothing has changed in my views.
Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by Acidosis(m): 9:18am On Jul 18, 2016
Joy1706:

Really? Boy, really? That's the best you could come up with? Acid my azzz

grin grin

you had to attach my name with your azzz ??
Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by bukatyne(f): 9:58am On Jul 18, 2016
Acidosis:

Lol., I don't know how possible it is for a grown up family woman to pursue an economically senseless career.

What is a career if it makes no economic sense? with what would you feed the children with?

What difference does it make to have hitherto advocated the pursuit of economically sensible enterprises?

Don't be misled o, I will marry a woman with a career, but I will not marry an economically-empty woman whose goal is to be seen and adored with the title "career woman".

As a matter of fact, I would rather have my wife sit at home watching telemundo than have her running after a job that leaves her in debt. It is better to be dependent on your husband by doing nothing, than doing something (busy body) and still be dependent on him. These kind of women are the actual disaster I earlier referred to.

If your job (career) does not bring something tangible to the Table, SIT AT HOME get another job grin.

Nothing has changed in my views.

@Bold:

I agree with you.

It is a waste to invest resources (energy, time, money) running about without any return on investment like money/comfort and recognition.

P.S.: Do we have women who run about incurring debts for their husbands? I don't believe that.

1 Like

Re: It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids by Acidosis(m): 10:30am On Jul 18, 2016
bukatyne:

@Bold:

I agree with you.

It is a waste to invest resources (energy, time, money) running about without any return on investment like money/comfort and recognition.

P.S.: Do we have women who run about incurring debts for their husbands? I don't believe that.

LOL @Get another job. True, if something better comes up.

Even singles borrow money to go to work, it is happening on a daily basis. Many people in Nigeria today are actually working to "gain experience". I've had a job in a small firm where the salary couldn't cover my t-fare & feeding comfortably. I resigned 3 days after resumption for personal reasons.

If I were a lady, I would have probably remained on the job for other reasons, especially with a good boyfriend/husband that can meet my needs. These are real trends in the country.

Many men will not remain on a job that barely meet their needs, but many women will, for other reasons.

In fact, there is a current trend in the country; employers now prefer to hire more women. This time it is not about their sexuality, but the fact that women are easily retained on a job. It is rare to see more men in a typical service organisation. They show reasonable loyalty to their bosses, they are the committed and devoted staff. It is easier to explain to a female worker reasons why you can't pay salary, than explain same to a man. It is simply natural to have these wonderful qualities, if applied in the right manner.

(1) (2) (Reply)

For them Spies / Prince Harry And Meghan: Would You Choose Love Over Family? / Something Happened Today That Made Me Think About Our Kids!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.