Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,928 members, 7,952,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:32 PM

Photos Of My Tomato Garden - Agriculture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Photos Of My Tomato Garden (43936 Views)

Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / My Tomato/pepper Experimental Garden / Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by seguno2: 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2016
I wonder why no one is buying their seeds in our country.
Are there no improved varieties from seed production companies in Nigeria?
Maybe NIHORT has references for where to buy such seeds here.
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Asaye77(m): 9:10am On Mar 23, 2017
plz.l need ur help about cow manure how to do it when l want to nursery tomato,l m going to missed it together or l will put it on top soil thank u
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Seun(m): 10:08am On Mar 23, 2017
I just learnt that tomatoes are the most valuable legal crop per square meter in the world. That's amazing and surprising to me. I guess that explains why most amateur gardeners and urban farmers grow tomatoes. I could never understand what was so special about tomatoes.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by emmayayodeji(m): 11:12am On Mar 23, 2017
Seun:
I just learnt that tomatoes are the most valuable legal crop per square meter in the world. That's amazing and surprising to me. I guess that explains why most amateur gardeners and urban farmers grow tomatoes. I could never understand what was so special about tomatoes.

Have u tried cannabis?

Oh I just read it again and I saw legal

Lol carry on

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by emmybiz(m): 11:07pm On May 13, 2017
My question is can tomato thrive well this season without Irrigation
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by watino: 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2019
Please update the thread
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Gody05(m): 6:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
Kizyte:
Hi guys!
We're all aware of scarcity of tomatoes that put the entire country into shock as one basket of tomatoes was sold for over 37K. And considering the fact that our presido has urged every one to go back to farm, I've decided to prepare a garden where I'll be cultivating tomatoes for personal consumption only.

I ordered an Italian and Greek tomato seeds from Aliexpress for $0.50 per 100 seeds and they were delivered in 21 days, on 23rd of June.

I planted seeds on 24th June and they sprouted in 4 days, on 28th June.

Basically, it takes about 60 to 75 days for harvest.

Below are pictures of various stages of my tomatoes, they are over 120 germinated seeds.

Bro, i missed those days of punting mehn, when are u coming back?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 8:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
Gody05:

Bro, i missed those days of punting mehn, when are u coming back?
Lol! My man! I'm always here on NL. How your side na?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Gody05(m): 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2019
Kizyte:
Lol! My man! I'm always here on NL. How your side na?
Baba I'm glad you're doing good for yourself, is agricultural business this lucrative?
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Nigeriaismine: 7:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
thanks so much for this post OP I have followed you to this point and I wonder! did you study Agriculture? I'm currently studying Agricultural Economics and Extension and I Know everything about tomatoes in theory aspect but never seen the practical aspect of it, I mean seen tomatoes farm before but seeing this now makes me feel like a novice as it concerns practical aspect, infact I was following this topic like I never heard of tomatoes lolz

however, I want to thank you once again for this wonderful post and also The real pictures used to explain everything, It highly educative.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 5:42pm On Mar 30, 2019
Gody05:

Baba I'm glad you're doing good for yourself, is agricultural business this lucrative?
That was for my personal consumption

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Gody05(m): 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2019
Kizyte:
That was for my personal consumption
Big man doing big things
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 11:33am On Apr 01, 2019
Gody05:

Big man doing big things
Lol! Bro nothing like big man o!
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by dollyj1996(m): 12:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
Kizyte:
Lol! Bro nothing like big man o!
hello sir the store where u got the tomato seed can u pls resend cos the one u initially sent@2016
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 7:03am On Apr 02, 2019
dollyj1996:
hello sir the store where u got the tomato seed can u pls resend cos the one u initially sent@2016
You can actually get better stores and more varieties now. Visit aliexpress.com or download their mobile app. Search for Tomato seeds, check store rating before buying; see my thread on how to import, and things you need to know: https://www.nairaland.com/3252918/simple-steps-how-import-china
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by jackomagnus(m): 6:29am On Jun 16, 2020
lorhema:
Thanks for sharing. I planted a couple of grapevines and realised they needed some support. Now I've seen your stakes I know what to do. I've just planted some UTC tomato seeds and hope they end up as good as yours. Cheers

Please where did you buy the UTC seeds? Which company makes them?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by oneroflo57(m): 11:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kizyte:
You can actually get better stores and more varieties now. Visit aliexpress.com or download their mobile app. Search for Tomato seeds, check store rating before buying; see my thread on how to import, and things you need to know: https://www.nairaland.com/3252918/simple-steps-how-import-china

Hi kizyte....
I kwotow for you.
I just came across this thread today
You really did a good job with your tomato garden.
Especially since you are not a professional farmer.
Dunno if you didn't continue the garden or you just decided not to feed the thread again cos you mentioned you didn't plant all your seeds
Please come feed us more info and pics of your lovely garden
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2020
oneroflo57:

Hi kizyte....
I kwotow for you.
I just came across this thread today
You really did a good job with your tomato garden.
Especially since you are not a professional farmer.
Dunno if you didn't continue the garden or you just decided not to feed the thread again cos you mentioned you didn't plant all your seeds
Please come feed us more info and pics of your lovely garden
Thanks bro, I've been so busy with work these days, I rarely have time to continue with the garden.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by oneroflo57(m): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2020
Kizyte:
Thanks bro, I've been so busy with work these days, I rarely have time to continue with the garden.

Alright
You did a really superb job
You have inspired me to try it out

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by timstone(m): 10:27pm On Sep 25, 2020
fabianiweka:
nigerians with there mumu now tell me you bought tomato seed for 0.50 dollars it was ship to you. haba hundred seed when tomato grow at the back of my house without any care and they ve good seed and healthy
will you still planet tomato now dat is #200 per basket.
make Nigeria proud by cultivating Nigeria tomato.
Some people talk or rather say they type without manner
Indomie generation
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 11:28pm On Sep 25, 2020
oneroflo57:

Alright
You did a really superb job
You have inspired me to try it out
I'm happy I did. smiley

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by oneroflo57(m): 11:33pm On Sep 25, 2020
Kizyte:
I'm happy I did. smiley

Can't find those seeds in aliexpress anymore maybe they stopped selling

Can you recommend any good place i can get good hybrid seeds that can do well in lagos soil?
Tomato and bell pepper
Thanks
Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by Kizyte(m): 11:50pm On Sep 25, 2020
oneroflo57:

Can't find those seeds in aliexpress anymore maybe they stopped selling

Can you recommend any good place i can get good hybrid seeds that can do well in lagos soil?
Tomato and bell pepper
Thanks
I think Aliexpress banned all seed sellers on the platform because there was a lot of scam with those sellers; most of the seeds there were not what they were said to be.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of My Tomato Garden by oneroflo57(m): 7:48am On Sep 26, 2020
Kizyte:
I think Aliexpress banned all seed sellers on the platform because there was a lot of scam with those sellers; most of the seeds there were not what they were said to be.

Alright...thanks man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) / This Fisherman Uses Fish To Catch Bigger Fish (pictures/video) / Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.