Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Osinbajo Advocates Introduction Of State Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Advocates Introduction Of State Police (11589 Views)

VP Osinbajo Advocates For Creation Of State Police / Herdsmen Killings: Tinubu Breaks Silence, Advocates For Rehabilitation Programs / Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Introduction Of State Police by haywhy009(m): 11:01am On Jul 13, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
state governors could use them against national officers...their will be constant clash...with the kind of governors we have....am not so sure!!...imagive give someone like fayose to choose his own police..I fear what will happen
I can see you have problem with fayose, with wat he did with Fulani herdsmen where governor of Edo state was even against his people. To the topic I Dont think we need state police yet most states won't be able to pay policemen yet maybe when the country is financially alright we can think of that
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Introduction Of State Police by babyfaceafrica: 11:14am On Jul 13, 2016
haywhy009:
I can see you have problem with fayose, with wat he did with Fulani herdsmen where governor of Edo state was even against his people. To the topic I Dont think we need state police yet most states won't be able to pay policemen yet maybe when the country is financially alright we can think of that
k
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Introduction Of State Police by sheyi2me: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
Prof Vice President is advocating for state police so as to strengthen and increase the extortion might of his counterpart in Lagos State. Lasma N100,000 fine for common obstruction, VIO N120,000 fine for common vehicle license violation and series of absurd fines on flimsy offenses in Lagos is not sufficient for their extortion, now they are advocating for state police so they can easily deprive every common masses of their fundamental human right all in the name of achieving a mega city.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Introduction Of State Police by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
omenka:
Good idea. Seems Baba wants to give Nigerians one of the things they've always asked for. But I fear our politicians aren't mature enough for this yet- we might see governors turn Emperors overnight.
Imagine if the Okada Association Chaiman alias ponmo cutter had his own gun wielding police.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Introduction Of State Police by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nigeria is too ethnically divided for that. We are not ripe or mentally/psychologically advanced enough for this.

Rivers State Police will shoot any hausa man and a Lagos State Police Officer will shoot any Ijaw man he finds. Profiling will be based on ethnic and tribal lines. Even the U.S is divided against racial lines, not to talk of Nigeria where ethnicity is superimposed on merit.

Can or Will any of the State Police employ Nigerians from other tribes, ethnic groups and States? It is like arming ethnic militias. Various tribes in the state will push their kinsmen to join their State Police and arm up against other tribes in the same State.

This is my opinion.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Introduction Of State Police by Alanguru: 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
Who will pay them? The state wey no fit pay salaries just yet go come dey wan pay more people. It is well sha.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Introduction Of State Police by Pillarofpillar(m): 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
[b]slimfit; Create jobs then crime will reduce try that. Give banks money to loan people to start up factories. Look at things that we can produce in this country yet imported and try to see if you can loan some individuals to start up industries.... you forgot POWER GENERATION grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Screenshot Of The ESN Boys... / FIRS Appoints MTN, Airtel, Commercial Banks To Collect VAT / Crisis In PDP As Oyinlola Threatens Tukur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.