Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. (16971 Views)

Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 13, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

No, that's incorrect!

Ok so if what I said is incorrect how then does your evolution explain how man came from fish since fishes cannot alter their DNA to become a totally different creature from a fish.

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by nnofaith: 10:27am On Jul 13, 2016
Evolution has nothing to do with atheism.

2 Likes

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by tempem: 10:32am On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:
The first picture shows what a pitbull terrier used to look like. The second picture shows what a pitbull terrier looks like now. That's evolution.

The fact is:

A dog is still a dog... a cat is still a cat... a mussel is still a mussel... a bird is still a bird.... a giraffe is still a giraffe.... mice are still mice, kangaroos are still kangaroos.... u can try and confuse the issue with the word species.. but even a child knows something simple as a kind .... because youll never see any kind of animal change into another kind of animal.... dogs will always be dogs.... period

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 13, 2016
tempem:

The fact is:

Even you a non biologist understands this better than that biologist.

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 10:35am On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I read it but as always it talks about what sone other person claimed he saw and took to be true because at that time specie identification was not so top notch. Same way Seun used dogs. You can have a naturally occuring pit bull mate with a pit bull slightly different but they will never give birth to a pig.

Show me the proof of your evolution. We all want to see it in action. I want to see a creature in the process of evolving into something else, but you are not delivering the goods. Perhaps you could show me a baboon turning into a man? Or how about something simpler like a worm evolving into a bird?
I think you should look up the meaning of the word "Evolution"
You're mixing things bro.

2 Likes

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by tempem: 10:35am On Jul 13, 2016
nnofaith:
Evolution has nothing to do with atheism.
But, they both have central conclusion.

Evolutionist never believed we were created.
Atheist never believed there is a God.

Isn't that the fact?!
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Seun(m): 10:36am On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:
I want real evidence that would be held up in any court of law.
If someone was accused of committing a murder, you would not have to show a video or pictures of the person committing the murder to prove it, but you would be required to show evidence such as the murder weapon with the victim's and suspect's DNA on it, the motive, the opportunity, the suspect's violent character, previous threats in which the suspect promised to kill the victim, etc. When you put together all the evidence pointing in the same direction, and there is no reason to suspect that someone else did it, the judge must convict the suspect. In the same way, we can't provide a video showing how an ape turned into a man because it took place over millions of years, and no one lives that long, but we have the bones of apes that were in the process of turning into humans. And after putting them back together, we can see how their brains grew larger gradually and their backs grew straighter until they were walking upright. Through science we have determined how old the bones are and we've observed that the oldest bones are more ape-like while the newest bones are human. And we have similar stories for other animals whose bones have been found buried in ancient rocks. The overwhelmingly abundant evidence compels us to accept evolution.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 10:38am On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Ok so if what I said is incorrect how then does your evolution explain how man came from fish since fishes cannot alter their DNA to become a totally different creature from a fish.
Well, i may not agree with you that man came from fish but evolution laws remains intact.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:
If someone was accused of committing a murder, you would not have to show a video or pictures of the person committing the murder to prove it, but you will be required to show evidence such as the murder weapon with the victim's DNA on it, the motive, the opportunity, the defendant's violent character, previous threats in which the defendant promised to kill the victim, etc. When you put together all the evidence pointing in the same direction, and there is no reason to suspect that someone else did it, the judge has no choice but to convict the defendant. In the same way, we can not provide a video showing how an ape turned into a man because it took place over millions of years, and no one lives that long, but we have the bones of apes that were in the process of turning into humans. And after putting them back together, we can see how their brains grew larger gradually and their backs grew straighter until they were walking upright. Through science we have determined how old the bones are and we've observed that the oldest bones are more ape-like while the newest bones are human. We have no choice but to accept evolution.

Oh so you have no choice but to accept evolution?

Ok let me ask. This may seem spiteful but its just for the purpose of this question.

If Obasanjo dies and his skull is observed would it look more human than ape or it would be inbetween? Assuming same specimen had a spinal chord issue so could not stand up straight same way we have the elderly today all bent over due to spinal issues and you put both such a skull with such a skeleton what would you get?

2 Likes

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by tempem: 10:40am On Jul 13, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Just cos i greeted a man doesn't mean we have the same orientation.
Stop generallizing, it's st.upid.
I am not Seun.
Oh! Am sorry.. I got it wrong then.

Do you believe that there is a creator?
Do we evolve from animals?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 13, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Well, i may not agree with you that man came from fish but evolution laws remains intact.

Then you are not a biologist

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by tempem: 10:43am On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:
If someone was accused of committing a murder, you would not have to show a video or pictures of the person committing the murder to prove it, but you will be required to show evidence such as the murder weapon with the victim's DNA on it, the motive, the opportunity, the defendant's violent character, previous threats in which the defendant promised to kill the victim, etc. When you put together all the evidence pointing in the same direction, and there is no reason to suspect that someone else did it, the judge must convict the defendant. In the same way, we can not provide a video showing how an ape turned into a man because it took place over millions of years, and no one lives that long, but we have the bones of apes that were in the process of turning into humans. And after putting them back together, we can see how their brains grew larger gradually and their backs grew straighter until they were walking upright. Through science we have determined how old the bones are and we've observed that the oldest bones are more ape-like while the newest bones are human. And we have the same story for all other animals whose bones have been found buried in ancient rocks. The overwhelmingly abundant evidence compels us to accept evolution.

Which came first?
The animal or man?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:
If someone was accused of committing a murder, you would not have to show a video or pictures of the person committing the murder to prove it, but you will be required to show evidence such as the murder weapon with the victim's and suspect's DNA on it, the motive, the opportunity, the suspect's violent character, previous threats in which the suspect promised to kill the victim, etc. When you put together all the evidence pointing in the same direction, and there is no reason to suspect that someone else did it, the judge must convict the suspect. In the same way, we can't provide a video showing how an ape turned into a man because it took place over millions of years, and no one lives that long, but we have the bones of apes that were in the process of turning into humans. And after putting them back together, we can see how their brains grew larger gradually and their backs grew straighter until they were walking upright. Through science we have determined how old the bones are and we've observed that the oldest bones are more ape-like while the newest bones are human. And we have the same story for all other animals whose bones have been found buried in ancient rocks. The overwhelmingly abundant evidence compels us to accept evolution.

Again your statement is hearsay as the proof you claim could have been fabricated into a well woven story to boost science or the ego of the scientist. What I asked for is living actual proof. Afterall even crimes are captured on live video feeds and not based solely on evidence with no visual proof alone.

Show me the live actual proof of evolution and not yesteryears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by robosky02(m): 10:47am On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:
If someone was accused of committing a murder, you would not have to show a video or pictures of the person committing the murder to prove it, but you will be required to show evidence such as the murder weapon with the victim's and suspect's DNA on it, the motive, the opportunity, the suspect's violent character, previous threats in which the suspect promised to kill the victim, etc. When you put together all the evidence pointing in the same direction, and there is no reason to suspect that someone else did it, the judge must convict the suspect. In the same way, we can't provide a video showing how an ape turned into a man because it took place over millions of years, and no one lives that long, but we have the bones of apes that were in the process of turning into humans. And after putting them back together, we can see how their brains grew larger gradually and their backs grew straighter until they were walking upright. Through science we have determined how old the bones are and we've observed that the oldest bones are more ape-like while the newest bones are human. And we have the same story for all other animals whose bones have been found buried in ancient rocks. The overwhelmingly abundant evidence compels us to accept evolution.

Seun
I want to know in one word
are you saying man evolved from animal?

just yes or no? angry
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Freiburger(m): 10:52am On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Oh so you have no choice but to accept evolution?

Ok let me ask. This may seem spiteful but its just for the purpose of this question.

If Obasanjo dies and his skull is observed would it look more human than ape or it would be inbetween?
grin grin grin grin
O boy see your skull too like Obasanjo own grin grin grin grin
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 10:53am On Jul 13, 2016
tempem:
Oh! Am sorry.. I got it wrong then.
Do you believe that there is a creator? Do we evolve from animals?
Yes, there's a creator/designer and we didnt come from animals.

2 Likes

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 13, 2016
Freiburger:

grin grin grin grin
O boy see your skull too like Obasanjo own grin grin grin grin

Na question I ask na.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by tempem: 10:54am On Jul 13, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Yes, there's a creator/designer and we didnt come from animals.

You gladdens my heart. Rock on, bro.
Am so sorry for my initial outburst.

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 13, 2016
Evolution is a lie, a myth and without scientific fact and has no basis in reality. Not one professing Atheist has presented clear and convincing evidence of evolutions reality. No animal has been found to be in the transitional state of evolving into another being or entity.

ABSOLUTELY NONE!

3 Likes

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Seun(m): 11:04am On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:
If Obasanjo dies and his skull is observed would it look more human than ape or it would be in between?
First of all, President Obasanjo's skull would not be found inside rocks that are millions of years old. Secondly, his brain is of a normal size for a human. Apes have small brains. Thirdly, he walks perfectly upright. Fourthly, even if you think he is ugly, his skull is far from that of an ape.

Assuming same specimen had a spinal chord issue so could not stand up straight same way we have the elderly today all bent over due to spinal issues and you put both such a skull with such a skeleton what would you get?
If that was true, we would expect to find normal undeformed human bones in ancient rocks along with the 'deformed' ones. That's not the case.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by donnffd(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:
Evolution is a lie, a myth and without scientific fact and has no basis in reality. Not one professing Atheist has presented clear and convincing evidence of evolutions reality. No animal has been found to be in the transitional state of evolving into another being or entity.

ABSOLUTELY NONE!

The truth remains that No Atheist(scientist) would be able to show you any convincing evidence, so just drop the matter.

Explaining how evolution works to you would be a total waste of time, trust me, i have done it many times in the past.

You obviously dont even know the basics of it...smh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 11:08am On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Then you are not a biologist
You're entitled to your informed opinions, no one is entitled to be ignorant.

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:
First of all, Obasanjo's skull would not be found inside rocks that are millions of years old. Secondly, his brain is of a normal size for a human. Apes have really small brains. Thirdly, he walks perfectly upright. Fourth, even if he is ugly, his skull is far from that of an ape.

If that was true, we would expect to find normal undeformed human bones in ancient rocks along with the 'deformed' ones. That's not the case.

But if generations to come who by then lived in the air and fly physically discover same specimen in an old building would that not be their own idea of their evolution?

So because such specimen was discovered in rocks makes it authentic? Did we have buildings back then? Besides discovering them in rocks often proves they were buried. Who buried them?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 11:10am On Jul 13, 2016
donnffd:

The truth remains that No Atheist(scientist) would be able to show you any convincing evidence, so just drop the matter.

Explaining how evolution works to you would be a total waste of time, trust me, i have done it many times in the past.

The same way you lacked the basics to show the atheists God is Omnipresent.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 13, 2016
donnffd:

Then explain it to me please I beg you.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:
First of all, Obasanjo's skull would not be found inside rocks that are millions of years old. Secondly, his brain is of a normal size for a human. Apes have really small brains. Thirdly, he walks perfectly upright. Fourth, even if he is ugly, his skull is far from that of an ape.

If you say apes have small sized brains and can link brain formation to DNA and yet evolution rejects the claim that one specie can evolve to become a totally new and different specie like from DOG to CAT even though they share the same four legs so how come the apes DNA that gave it a smaller brain suddenly transformed on DNA level to give man a bigger brain?

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Seun(m): 11:15am On Jul 13, 2016
robosky02:
Seun
I want to know in one word
are you saying man evolved from animal?

just yes or no? angry
The difference between a man and a chimpanzee is smaller than the difference between a horse and a cow. We are still animals. We dominate the other animals because of our superior intelligence (language, tools, science), just as killer whales dominate the other animals in the sea.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 11:18am On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

ABSOLUTELY NONE!
Atheists could equally tell you God is a myth and demand you to show em clear and convincing evidence of God's reality.
Can you do that sufficiently!?

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by robosky02(m): 11:19am On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:
The difference between a man and a chimpanzee is smaller than the difference between a horse and a cow. We are still animals. We dominate the other animals because of our superior intelligence (language, tools, science), just as killer whales dominate the other animals in the sea.

thank you

but you didn't answer the question

let me rephrase it again

was MAN created by GOD
or
man evolved from animal?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by donnffd(m): 11:22am On Jul 13, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

The same way you lacked the basics to show the atheists God is Omnipresent.

I really dont understand what you just wrote undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 13, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Atheists could equally tell you God is a myth and demand you to show em clear and convincing evidence of God's reality.
Can you do that sufficiently!?

My question has nothing to do about God. I asked for actual tangible todays proof of evolution. So do not shift the focus of this discussion.

Proof is their emphasis so I did no wrong asking for proof so I can cure my ignorance did I?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by donnffd(m): 11:29am On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Then explain it to me please I beg you.

I wont go into technical details, but i would use a layman's example

Language, specifically English language

Do a simple history research about it, it evolved from Latin and some other older languages.

Can you pin-point anytime in history where a Latin speaking mother gave birth to an English speaking child?

Even in the English language, go back 600years ago, i bet you, you wont understand a word they spoke, and it was still English language and we speak English now, but it has totally changed and evolved that if the two were compared side by side, they could be regarded as different languages.

When did Old English become New English?, was it overnight?

I would use another example, When did you stop being a child and become an adult? which day?

Tell me the day you went to sleep a child, and woke up an adult!

This is just a very simple layman example of how evolution of organisms work...please educate yourself more about it

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

. / Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University / What Happens To Those Who Hold On Tightly To Sin Instead Of Letting Go (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.