Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. (17067 Views)

Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by cloudgoddess(f): 8:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You need to grasp the basics of evolution first ro understand what I am saying.

A mamoth allegedly existed before the elephant did so where are the evolving ancestral mammoth origin?
Says the person who opened this thread by asking why ants don't have human heads...
And then tried to copy and paste an article from ICR as a valid scientific argument...

You're pretending (or just lying) that you know more than you do and that's actually quite irritating. Before any new information can enter your brain you need to be willing to acknowledge the idiotic misconceptions you have gathered so far. And from reading through what has become of this thread since I last posted, you still refuse to do that. You've made countless statements about evolution that were total rubbish and not once have you conceded any of them despite them being pointed out to you. You keep spouting the same misguided crap with the mindset that you are correct, and there is absolutely no point in trying to educate you if you continue to do that.

Goodness. I was getting a headache just looking through this thread. Stop pretending you're well-educated on this topic when you are not.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

Its a waste of time, unless I'm gonna get paid because I'll be teaching you stuff you don't know.

But to give you a tip of the iceberg, y'all still have the outdated classical genetics mentality towards evolution rather than the next generation genomics.
I'd rather argue evolution with a genomics expert than with a geneticist.
So which category do you fall ?

So you think genomics can explain evolution? Give it a whirl dude?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by cloudgoddess(f): 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
jayriginal:

Ok stop here.

This thread is sickening. We've had a biologist with a self professed PhD deny evolution. He offered some pretty inane arguments but at least he seemed to know a bit more than you guys.

I've never seen such a thread were ignorance has been so celebrated. You say you want to believe but you've been informed on this thread that evolution is not a belief.

As someone posited earlier, it is intellectually downgrading for anyone to reply your queries.

You and the OP are the ones who don't know, and don't know that they don't know.

Nobody who can spell the word evolution asks why there aren't ants with human heads or why there are still apes today. Before you critique something understand it first.

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Says the person who opened this thread by asking why ants don't have human heads...
And then tried to copy and paste an article from ICR as a valid scientific argument...

You're pretending (or just lying) that you know more than you do and that's actually quite irritating. Before any new information can enter your brain you need to be willing to acknowledge the idiotic misconceptions you have gathered so far. And from reading through what has become of this thread since I last posted, you still refuse to do that. You've made countless statements about evolution that were total rubbish and not once have you conceded any of them despite them being pointed out to you. You keep spouting the same misguided crap with the mindset that you are correct, and there is absolutely no point in trying to educate you if you continue to do that.

Goodness. I was getting a headache just looking through this thread. Stop pretending you're well-educated on this topic when you are not.

And I told you that all of science has declared the evolution theory as INCONCLUSIVE yet you claim to have broken the code so I asked and still ask you to show us how you arrived at a CONCLUSIVE theory when those far more knowledgeable than you have said it is yet INCONCLUSIVE? Spit it out and stop dodging.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by cloudgoddess(f): 9:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

And I told you that all of science has declared the evolution theory as INCONCLUSIVE yet you claim to have broken the code so I asked and still ask you to show us how you arrived at a CONCLUSIVE theory when those far more knowledgeable than you have said it is yet INCONCLUSIVE? Spit it out and stop dodging.
More unfounded statements made from a place of complete ignorance. How can you even dare to comment on what "all of science" says when you have proven totally inept on basic biological principles? What science journal or evolutionary biology textbook have you ever read? Where is this insane arrogance coming from, seriously? Stop telling lies and continuing to spout defensive nonsense when they are called out.

I'm not saying another word to you until you concede that most if not all of the arguments you've put forth so far, including your OP, have been chock full of total BS. Until YOU admit that your understanding is flawed in the ways that I and others have already pointed out. If that doesn't happen then I'm not spending another second responding to you, it would be a complete and utter waste of time.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
cloudgoddess:

More unfounded statements made from a place of complete ignorance. How can you even dare to comment on what "all of science" says when you have proven totally inept on basic biological principles? What science journal or evolutionary biology textbook have you ever read? Where is this insane arrogance coming from, seriously? Stop telling lies and continuing to spout defensive nonsense when they are called out.

I'm not saying another word to you until you concede that most if not all of the arguments you've put forth so far, including your OP, have been chock full of total BS. Until YOU admit that your understanding is flawed in the ways that I and others have already pointed out. If that doesn't happen then I'm not spending another second responding to you, it would be a complete and utter waste of time.

Again she is bobbing and weaving... grin ..... you spend energy typing 500 words when with 50 words you could answered a simple question I asked you.

Where does your conclusive theory on evolution come from if your ogas at the top are declaring theirs inconclusive?

5 Likes

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:
[b]I have a good question about evolution. If species are evolving, how come we don't see any doggie-cats? How about monkey-bats? Why I don't even see an ant with a human head or anything in nature that is in the process of evolving into something else. My cat is still a cat and has never evolved into a pig. Examine your pets. Maybe your parakeet or parrot is evolving into a buffalo? Do you see any buffalo fur on it? I do not see any practical, common-sense, evidence of any evolution taking place. It it were, we are bound to see some animals of the millions on earth "evolving" into a new life form. All the zoo animals I see in the zoos are not evolving. It ain't happening folks! Show me the proof. Show me the evidence. So far, God has shown his hand. He said he created the creatures and his creatures are visible proof of what he said has become visible before your very eyes. Now show me proof that evolution is real. I want to see it for myself. I want real evidence that would be held up in any court of law. Not speculation or theory... real proof.

Now don't be a Human Baboon about this subject or you will demonstrate yourself as proof-positive that some sort of dehumanizing evolution is taking place. Be sensible and respectful. It is a good question. How come we see not one evidence of any mammal, human or beast evolving? Seems to me, there is no evolution taking place except in the fantasy of the mind, the dreamer of dreams. Present the evidence to the judge so the jury can see the evidence and make a reasonable decision. Present actual evidence, not hearsay or preponderance. The real thing is needed. Can you deliver?[/b]

Cc cloudgoddess et al

How come you don't see any doggie-cats? Cos dogs and cats differ substantially in DNA sequence. Just a 0.5% difference in genome sequence in macro organisms would take over a million years to attain. The thought that you can somehow observe the process doesn't show you have much understanding of how the evolutionary process works through thousands and millions of generations. You might as well look to observe how diamonds are formed. You only need look at dog breeding for example where most dog breeds you know today are only about a hundred to a few hundred years old and despite the huuuge physical differences between dog breeds (compare a teacup sized Yorkshire Terrier with a human-sized Great Dane), dogs are all of the same specie exhibiting between 99% to 99.8% genetic similarity between breeds. Such selective breeding (basically artificial selection as opposed to natural selection) over a million years could present breeds different enough to basically be different species.

Too many people make derisive comments about evolution with little understanding about the theory and its mechanics. I remember as a corper teaching in a government secondary school, a funny argument I had in a staff-room with a senior secondary school Biology teacher about evolution. I wept for the state of our education system that day.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Freiburger(m): 11:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
Unfollows thread. Can't keep up with dumbass.

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by manmustwac(m): 11:25pm On Jul 16, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 17, 2016
Obi1kenobi:

How come you don't see any doggie-cats? Cos dogs and cats differ substantially in DNA sequence. Just a 0.5% difference in genome sequence in macro organisms would take over a million years to attain. The thought that you can somehow observe the process doesn't show you have much understanding of how the evolutionary process works through thousands and millions of generations. You might as well look to observe how diamonds are formed. You only need look at dog breeding for example where most dog breeds you know today are only about a hundred to a few hundred years old and despite the huuuge physical differences between dog breeds (compare a teacup sized Yorkshire Terrier with a human-sized Great Dane), dogs are all of the same specie exhibiting between 99% to 99.8% genetic similarity between breeds. Such selective breeding (basically artificial selection as opposed to natural selection) over a million years could present breeds different enough to basically be different species.

Too many people make derisive comments about evolution with little understanding about the theory and its mechanics. I remember as a corper teaching in a government secondary school, a funny argument I had in a staff-room with a senior secondary school Biology teacher about evolution. I wept for the state of our education system that day.

Read the whole thread and you will see that this is my point exactly. I repeatedly asked how come a dog and cats DNA cannot be crossed since science claims they probably came from the same ancestor.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by NPComplete: 6:40am On Jul 17, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Read the whole thread and you will see that this is my point exactly. I repeatedly asked how come a dog and cats DNA cannot be crossed since science claims they probably came from the same ancestor.

Dude I am ashamed for u and I am not even an atheist. I opened this thread thinking I will see sound counter arguments against evolution I can support but I ended up being disappointed. U are very ignorant and that's the first problem. U are not arguing against evolution. U are arguing against what u believe evolution is and those beliefs aren't how evolution is supposed to work. Ur lack of understanding of the subject matter is a mockery to Christianity. That's why I noticed smarter Christians on this forum seems to have avoided this thread. KingEbukaNaija is one of the smartest Christians I have seen and he seems to always have a good grasp on what he is talking about before supporting or refuting it. I need good arguments against evolution that I can use on atheists but all u have written denies ur claims to intelligence instead of denying evolution.

Lemme help u with a crash course in logic. If someone claims A = B and u disagree with it, u have to understand why the person thinks so and then bring up a counter argument to show why it is not so. Thats what intelligent people do.
What u don't do is go around saying or believing that the person claims A=C and then start arguing that A does not equal C and asking the person to show u proof that A=C. That's what u just did on this thread.

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by NPComplete: 6:58am On Jul 17, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Now to ur dogs and cats issue. Let me focus on cats only. Two cats can be crossed if their DNA is close enough. And crossing them can result in new breeds that can give are fertile and can give birth. But the moment the DNA is a little farther, the new breed formed may be infertile and unable to give birth as is the case when lions and tigers are crossed. Their offsprings live but can't reproduce. Are u seeing a patter here? Viability depends on proximity in the DNA and the gene tree.
So that should tell u, by logic, that animals farther off in the gene pool will not be able to be crossed let alone produce off-springs.
U don't need to believe in evolution to see the logic in that.
And u can see the logic in something without necessarily agreeing with it. Cheers.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 17, 2016
NPComplete:

Dude I am ashamed for u and I am not even an atheist. I opened this thread thinking I will see sound counter arguments against evolution I can support but I ended up being disappointed. U are very ignorant and that's the first problem. U are not arguing against evolution. U are arguing against what u believe evolution is and those beliefs aren't how evolution is supposed to work. Ur lack of understanding of the subject matter is a mockery to Christianity. That's why I noticed smarter Christians on this forum seems to have avoided this thread. KingEbukaNaija is one of the smartest Christians I have seen and he seems to always have a good grasp on what he is talking about before supporting or refuting it. I need good arguments against evolution that I can use on atheists but all u have written denies ur claims to intelligence instead of denying evolution.

Lemme help u with a crash course in logic. If someone claims A = B and u disagree with it, u have to understand why the person thinks so and then bring up a counter argument to show why it is not so. Thats what intelligent people do.
What u don't do is go around saying or believing that the person claims A=C and then start arguing that A does not equal C and asking the person to show u proof that A=C. That's what u just did on this thread.

Do you even understand the purpose of this thread at all? The thread is not to show that evolution from a singls celled organism to man in support of the big bang theory never happened. If many tried to derail it and you saw the derail attempts and came to your assumption its not your fault though.

This thread was to lay a foundation and no I am not pro evolution I am a creationist. If science cannot defend genetics in totality and say it is too complex to understand fully yet such as where do emotions or consciousness come in on a DNA level and they say they are yet to fully geasp it and someone is just arguing for gene mutation and natural selection how do you marry both?

If scientists believe DNA structure and function is tol complex why claim some randomness based on billions of years of evolution would give us such a complex yet perfect DNA in a chance of a billion thrillion statistically? Same statistics says its impossible.

You are the only one who seemed not to understand thd thread. I suggest you peruse it again
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by NPComplete: 8:55am On Jul 17, 2016
I don't understand what? This nonsense u wrote here?

naijadeyhia:
......how come we don't see any doggie-cats? How about monkey-bats? Why I don't even see an ant with a human head or anything in nature that is in the process of evolving into something else....... Examine your pets. Maybe your parakeet or parrot is evolving into a buffalo? Do you see any buffalo fur on it? I do not see any practical, common-sense, evidence of any evolution taking place. It it were, we are bound to see some animals of the millions on earth "evolving" into a new life form. All the zoo animals I see in the zoos are not evolving. It ain't happening folks!..

.......How come we see not one evidence of any mammal, human or beast evolving?......

Nobody ever claimed dogs evolved from cats so why will u be expecting to see a dog-cat? Or a monkey-bat for that matter? Let me not even start on the ant with human head u are expecting to see. That is just ridiculous even for someone as insular as u. This shows u don't understand the thrust of evolutionists to even be able to counter it effectively. I bet u haven't taken ur time to understand what proponents of evolution believe before spouting ignorance here.
Nobody claims evolution happens within a short time especially in higher animals so why do u expect them to show u proofs of such large changes over a short time in zoos. They can attempt to show u proofs of little changes on d microscopic level though.
Like bacteria evolving to become drug-resistant. Change in insect color as they adapt more to the changes in their environment.

Dude I hate arguing with less intelligent people whose faculties aren't competent enough to understand points I raise. U are proving to be one of those people.
I am not fully decided on evolution yet because I still believe that if evolution is true, it has to be theistic evolution. But that doesn't mean I don't try to read on evolution and understand it. U should too if u are actually willing to understand something u don't believe in instead of countering it blindly. Cheers
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 17, 2016
NPComplete:

Nobody ever claimed dogs evolved from cats so why will u be expecting to see a dog-cat? Or a monkey-bat for that matter? Let me not even start on the ant with human head u are expecting to see. That is just ridiculous even for someone as insular as u. This shows u don't understand the thrust of evolutionists to even be able to counter it effectively. I bet u haven't taken ur time to understand what proponents of evolution believe before spouting ignorance here.
Nobody claims evolution happens within a short time especially in higher animals so why do u expect them to show u proofs of such large changes over a short time in zoos. They can attempt to show u proofs of little changes on d microscopic level though.

Dude I hate arguing with less intelligent people whose faculties aren't competent enough to understand points I raise. U are proving to be one of those people.

Listen carefully. You are taking my question literarily when I wrote it in mockery because I know all that is not possible gentically. I already explained this on the thread. You are taking this way too seriously.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:02am On Jul 17, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Because they are too far apart in the evolutionary tree and hence genome similarity. You could cross breed wolves and dogs whivh are about 99% similar in genetic make-up seeing as the wolf is the relatively recent ancestor of the domestic dog. Or tigers and lions. Or horses and donkeys. It's silly to be asking why you can't cross breed dogs and cats.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 17, 2016
NPComplete:

This is not an argument. Its clear you do not understand the intention behind the post. You misunderstood it. If you want to attract bees then get some honey. Thats what I did.

Let them all come first then we will begin to break it down. This was why I asked you to read the entire thread and not what you want.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 17, 2016
Obi1kenobi:

Because they are too far apart in the evolutionary tree and hence genome similarity. You could cross breed wolves and dogs whivh are about 99% similar in genetic make-up seeing as the wolf is the relatively recent ancestor of the domestic dog. Or tigers and lions. Or horses and donkeys. It's silly to be asking why you can't cross breed dogs and cats.

You also dont get it. I ALREADY KNEW DOGS AND CATS CANNOT BE CROSSBRED and simply asked that question to poke fun especially since science says dogs and cats share the same ancestor. Gosh!
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by NPComplete: 9:07am On Jul 17, 2016
I think I will just do what other people did and leave ur thread for u. U obviously were just seeking attention if u claim all what u wrote there were just mockery and not for intelligent discourse. I have marked ur moniker though. Hopefully I won't make a mistake engaging u again.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 17, 2016
The whole thread is simply to show how science is inconsistent and will only say what would support their assumption. Like saying life evolved from a cyanbacteria on early earth when we know thats not possible on a genetic level.

Read the whole thread.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 17, 2016
NPComplete:
I think I will just do what other people did and leave ur thread for u. U obviously were just seeking attention if u claim all what u wrote there were just mockery and not for intelligent discourse. I have marked ur moniker though. Hopefully I won't make a mistake engaging u again.
Cheers.

As you wish. Since you refused to read the whole thread to see the intelligent arguments back and forth. Do whatever pleases you. Cheers
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 17, 2016
Obi1kenobi:

This post is from page 4 or so when I said exactly what you said above. You seem to have a short fuse on you and just type without first grasping an understand of the direction something is headed. Everyone with their way of tackling issues. Mine and yours are obviously different.

If you say apes have small sized brains and can link brain formation to DNA and yet evolution rejects the claim that one specie can evolve to become a totally new and different specie like from DOG to CAT even though they share the same four legs so how come the apes DNA that gave it a smaller brain suddenly transformed on DNA level to give man a bigger brain?

That is one of my posts in support of what you stated above. Again, going through the thread would have made all the sense you are seeking for. But feel free to walk away.

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:42am On Jul 17, 2016
naijadeyhia:

This post is from page 4 or so when I said exactly what you said above. You seem to have a short fuse on you and just type without first grasping an understand of the direction something is headed. Everyone with their way of tackling issues. Mine and yours are obviously different.

If you say apes have small sized brains and can link brain formation to DNA and yet evolution rejects the claim that one specie can evolve to become a totally new and different specie like from DOG to CAT even though they share the same four legs so how come the apes DNA that gave it a smaller brain suddenly transformed on DNA level to give man a bigger brain?

That is one of my posts in support of what you stated above. Again, going through the thread would have made all the sense you are seeking for. But feel free to walk away.

Oga, go to church and shout down the roof. You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about. Grab a book on evolution, including human evolution, and read up and stop wasting people's time here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 17, 2016
Obi1kenobi:

Oga, go to church and shout down the roof. You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about. Grab a book on evolution, including human evolution, and read up and stop wasting people's time here.

Humans never evolved from fish or Apes or whatever! Believe what you want since you understand evolution and I will believe mine.

Ps my service is the 2nd one which is 10 to 12. See you there.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by tempem: 11:12am On Jul 17, 2016
NPComplete:

Like bacteria evolving to become drug-resistant. Change in insect color as they adapt more to the changes in their environment.

I am not fully decided on evolution yet because I still believe that if evolution is true, it has to be theistic evolution. But that doesn't mean I don't try to read on evolution and understand it. U should too if u are actually willing to understand something u don't believe in instead of countering it blindly. Cheers
You are not honest, does that strike you?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
Seun:
Yep. The first 'living' creature is believed to be a simple self-replicating molecule, which slowly evolved into the first primitive bacteria.
You're not making sense.

How was the 'first simple self-replicating molecule' formed? There has to be an original of a first. The very first did not just evolve out of nothing. Even 'nothing' has an origin according to science. Now answer the question again:

How did that 'origin' come to be?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by jayriginal: 7:39am On Jul 18, 2016
UyiIredia:

Yes. Germ theory and gravitational theory are beliefs as well. Any theory in fact is a set of beliefs about how the world works.

Can't believe you said that.

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by promise10: 5:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
manmustwac:
That's why it is called SCIENCE!

Otherwise, science will become a religion. Just like the way evolution is SURELY a religion, because it requires FAITH to BELIEVE despite not answering all its questions!!! What difference does that from a religion?

And mind you, science does not and can never be against religion!
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
Seun:
The first picture shows what a bull terrier used to look like. The second picture shows what a bull terrier looks like now. That's evolution.
This seems like mutation and alteration of genetic instruction to me.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
@ cloudgoddess. Don't you think genetic change is the main cause of the seeming diversity of animals of the same kind.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by cloudgoddess(f): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
lordnicklaus:
@ cloudgoddess. Don't you think genetic change is the main cause of the seeming diversity of animals of the same kind.
What is a "kind"?

Are you familiar with the biological classification system (taxonomy)?

Kind isn't recognized as a real category in taxonomy, because it doesn't work with the morphological and genetic evidence that reveals the relationships between different groups of organisms. The word kind is only used in creationist lexicon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.