Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos (18862 Views)

Riot Ongoing In Makurdi, Benue State (Photos) / Ongoing Protest In Makurdi Against Fulani Herdsmen (More Photos & Updates) / Obasanjo Commissions School Of Nursing & Midwifery In Makurdi, Benue State (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by viviangist: 11:14am On Jul 13, 2016
From The Occupants and Owners Of the Properties Read below.

The pictures were taken of the first reported flood in Makurdi in 2016, which affected many parts of the metropolis on 11 July. Water is for our good, but it can also be our trouble.

For many of us in most parts of Benue State, we searched for drinking, bathing and washing water desperately between February and April most years.

But this is July, and the water has come searching for us, and we're running and leaving our homes.

The way we build - on watercourse because of greed; the way we dump refuse into drainages, because of indiscipline and lawlessness, for a long time to come, we have to keep running away from water.

I don't pray vain prayers. I don't say God forbid, when we're not ready to do the right thing. However, for those who have suffered loses and inconveniences, sorry please. Thank you. - Occupant

The Commissioner, Ministry of Water Resources & Environment, Hon. Nike Wende, once again demonstrated his dedication to duty, passion for his job and above all love for the people he serves, as he swiftly set out today to find out the reason for the flooding around, Gyado Villa, in view of proffering a permanent solution to the problem. - After Commissioner's Visit By Dan Mashin

Source Team Vivian Gist: http://www.viviangist.com/flood-in-makurdi-benue-state-in-2016-full-photos

2 Likes

Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by viviangist: 11:16am On Jul 13, 2016

Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by SeverusSnape(m): 11:16am On Jul 13, 2016
Fulani herdsmen never finish, flood don enter. Why is this state so unlucky?... Food basket for that matter.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 13, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Fulani herdsmen never finish, flood don enter. Why is this state so unlucky?... Food basket for that matter.

undecided even tho your political analysis is weird and reeks of hypocrisy, i think u impressed sane minds for the first time by making a comment without mentioning buhari or APC. I implore u to channel the energy u use in fighting for FTC on every thread on your personal development and watch how you excel in life. There is more to life than spamming social media with APC, PDP, dullard and buhari who doesn't know whether we exist. I don't mean no harm, just my 2 cents

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by bigtt76(f): 11:24am On Jul 13, 2016
Lady in the 4th pix ....was she twerking grin

1 Like

Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by omenka(m): 11:52am On Jul 13, 2016
Eyaa, too bad.

This is nothing compared to what happened in 2012 when Cameroon opened their dam sha- the whole of Gyado Villa axis, places opposite Judges' Quarters, parts of the Teaching Hospital, Wadata axis and a large part of Gboko road from NAF Base were submerged.

A good drainage system would fix this.

1 Like

Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by Beremx(f): 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
Oh sorry!
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by sheedy407(m): 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
No need to do a swimming pool in that sitting room again.

Meanwhile,check a striking Korede Bello Look alike posing with him

https://www.nairaland.com/3223605/korede-bello-striking-look-alike
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
Check that area well, you will see that the drainage system is poor.

That is if one exist
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by Dandsome: 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
My Ernest prayer is that it shouldn`t affect their farmalands.

Imagine flood in the house... Abeg o, make "nepa" no bring light around there before we start to hear different story.
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by DickDastardly(m): 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
mrkayusfit:

undecided even tho your political analysis is weird and reeks of hypocrisy, i think u impressed sane minds for the first time by making a comment without mentioning buhari or APC. I implore u to channel the energy u use in fighting for FTC on every thread on your personal development and watch how you excel in life. There is more to life than spamming social media with APC, PDP, dullard and buhari who doesn't know whether we exist. I don't mean no harm, just my 2 cents
Severusnape, i bet this is one of the Niger Delta Environmental Activists on Nairaland. He now doubles as guidance and counselling expert too. grin cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by Flexherbal(m): 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
What a loss!
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by royalfamily(m): 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
[i][/i] oh sorry! Looks like the same flood that God use to destroy the world then.
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by chibrasil(m): 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
Chaii c person parlour dn turn swimming pool.... Well it's beneficial to the occupant.. Free swimming pool....
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by manuel80(m): 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
choi. see nice bungalow
God help them
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by StepTwo: 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
lol!
cameroun never even open dia dam sef
makurdians go soon begin build house untop trees
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by Onyenna(m): 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
Damn!.....
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by QBrown9291(m): 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
mehnn..
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by manuel80(m): 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
mrkayusfit:

good talk bro

5 Likes

Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by SosaHD(m): 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
Seems like there is nothing to smile about in that state though, cos the ppl dat survived d herdmen attack, the flood will take dem away

Tragic!!!!!
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2016
let's go swimming

1 Like

Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by superfelix: 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2016
not good
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by princeakins(m): 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
Endtime flood
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by Kenneth205(m): 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
Beremx:
Oh sorry!

angry angry
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
Benue peeps stop throwing dirts in gutters please cool
Benue Governor emulate the PPP refuse disposal pattern in Lagos state

1 Like

Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by StepTwo: 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
omenka:
Eyaa, too bad.

This is nothing compared to what happened in 2012 when Cameroon opened their dam sha- the whole of Gyado Villa axis, places opposite Judges' Quarters, parts of the Teaching Hospital, Wadata axis and a large part of Gboko road from NAF Base were submerged.

i think the solution the biggest solution will be dredging of that river because sometimes the waters flows out from the river rather than into it.

well, as for drainages, i dont really know the kind of budget that will power the project to cover the entire makurdi.
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by rozayx5(m): 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
mrkayusfit:

snape is a nightmare to zombies cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by Oceemo(m): 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hmmmm Benue has been in the news lately for only odd happening's
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
mrkayusfit:

I just have to quote you and say ''thanks for trying to help a misguided fellow''

3 Likes

Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by BIGkoboko: 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
I hope something should be done about this quickly
Re: Flood In Makurdi Benue State In 2016 - Touching Photos by linkin8k(m): 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
We need to be more disciplined as citizens. No matter how well a drainage system is constructed, it would fail once we keep disposing of our refuse in it.

omenka:
Eyaa, too bad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Traditional Rulers Join MASSOB In Enugu With 200 Others / Shehu Shagari's Death: Ike Ekweremadu Reacts / Amotekun Not Regional Outfit - IGP, SouthWest Governors Embrace Community Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.